Outside Reviews and Links I'm giving up

Edie70

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
4
Is there not one character to root for?
The only character I was rooting for was Claudia but she's gone now. She might be back by the end of the season though. Let's hope they do something interesting with her again.

NuDynasty sounds like it desperately requires an actor or actress with depth.
Absolutely! Let's hope that Nicollette Sheridan brings that with her creation of Alexis and that these writers step up their game and write her like a human being with feelings and emotions. Even bitches & divas are humans who can be vulnerable from time to time.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Is there not one character to root for?

Surely you are the best judge of your own personal tastes in a show.

Characters just constantly sniping at each other wears thin
And yet it does happen in life, however, I agree it can get tiresome, so it's pretty good that not every character behaves this way.

Even THE character we all loved to hate, JR Ewing, would often display a warmth to show the guy was still human, it's how we relate to people.
Again yes, but we did get over 350 episodes to see this, what's getting discussed here is a show that has only released 9 episodes.

This mess sounds like one I wouldn't enjoy at all.

Surely you are the best judge of your own personal tastes in a show.



Have you ever watched a film that people raved about and yet you found it to be very poor all round?

Have you ever watched a film that people have panned and yet found out you actually thought it was great?
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
The only character I was rooting for was Claudia but she's gone now
I don't always need a character to root for, as long as I'm being entertained. And it doesn't hurt when the actors give a convincing performance.
Nicollette Sheridan brings that with her creation of Alexis and that these writers step up their game
That's a lot of wishful thinking, I mean - why wait? Why wait until that character arrives?
Personally I'm more interested in the curiosity factor: how does Paige Matheson look as Alexis Carrington? I'm definitely going to watch that episode.
 

Alexis

Telly Talk Superhero
LV
6
 
Awards
14
The show's problem is it's tone. It's tweeny and juvenile. It doesn't feel like an adult show, it just feels so dumb and pointless. There are no high stakes, there are no reasons to care about anything. It's a problem that affected original Dynasty in its middle years. Sadly here they just dove right into the aimless pointlessness. Stuff just happens. Then move on and more stuff happens without consequence or repercussions.

They need to make the show more adult. And I don't mean more sexy time either, I mean make it more realistic. Even escapist fantasy TV needs to have some basis in reality.
I have said all this before though.... I'm literally blue in the face.

I just hope that Nicollette can save it somehow. But it will take more than her diva posturing and spitfire line readings. They need to have better writing. The script's suck donkey balls.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Grandma Morell?
aaf7a4702be59dc1e57c7134d38df70e.jpg
:dance:
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
Yes, I think she would have been a better Lady Ashley, but not a better Sable (and she couldn't be Frankie).

Also, I didn't want Lauren Hutton to be the mystery woman, since she had already featured in two Joan Collins mini-series, and Paper Dolls and Falcon Crest.
 

Matthew Blaisdel

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
5
So Faye Dunaway as mysterious "Lady in the limo" then? I kinda like the idea..
 
Top