Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas TNT
John Ross’s Character
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="stevew" data-source="post: 279278" data-attributes="member: 130"><p>In a recent discussion with someone about this, my friend came up with one word, “weak.” I agreed. They made him too weak for my liking. It wasn’t that he cried in the elevator or that he hurt that made him weak. It was that at every turn he lost, fumbled, was emasculated. We hated JR. JR had his moments when he was down, weakened, but JR was never weak (until the series ended). I think that’s why his best scene was yelling at his mother “I’m not my father!” It’s because I could feel that weak boy explode. John Ross had everything to fear from everyone making him weak. A weak character is a tragedy not a serial. Two more of my cents anyway.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="stevew, post: 279278, member: 130"] In a recent discussion with someone about this, my friend came up with one word, “weak.” I agreed. They made him too weak for my liking. It wasn’t that he cried in the elevator or that he hurt that made him weak. It was that at every turn he lost, fumbled, was emasculated. We hated JR. JR had his moments when he was down, weakened, but JR was never weak (until the series ended). I think that’s why his best scene was yelling at his mother “I’m not my father!” It’s because I could feel that weak boy explode. John Ross had everything to fear from everyone making him weak. A weak character is a tragedy not a serial. Two more of my cents anyway. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas TNT
John Ross’s Character
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top