Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Mel O&#039;Drama" data-source="post: 444563" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>From the little I've read and watched, there seems to be a similar discourse around the execution of convicted murderer Christa Pike.</p><p></p><p>I've just watched a BBC News short where the focus is heavily on Pike's poor mental health and trauma. The brutal torture and murder she committed is described as a "horrible tragedy". And the short ends with the line:</p><p></p><p></p><p>I don't doubt there are many on death row with similarly challenging backgrounds. But how often would this factor into the story when a murderer is male? It feels very imbalanced.</p><p></p><p>I disagree with the execution, but that's because I oppose the death sentence. Irrespective of gender.</p><p></p><p></p><p>(And wasn't the sentencing judge was a woman anyway?)</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Mel O'Drama, post: 444563, member: 23"] From the little I've read and watched, there seems to be a similar discourse around the execution of convicted murderer Christa Pike. I've just watched a BBC News short where the focus is heavily on Pike's poor mental health and trauma. The brutal torture and murder she committed is described as a "horrible tragedy". And the short ends with the line: I don't doubt there are many on death row with similarly challenging backgrounds. But how often would this factor into the story when a murderer is male? It feels very imbalanced. I disagree with the execution, but that's because I oppose the death sentence. Irrespective of gender. (And wasn't the sentencing judge was a woman anyway?) [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
News & Politics
US Politics
#metoo
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top