Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
New article with some new info about the new dynasty
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 36952" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>In this case I didn't share David Jacobs enthusiasm for a Dallas reboot. This also concerns me regarding the Dynasty reboot, I just don't see it working. Both shows are so iconic regarding their ever-lasting characters, Jock, Miss Ellie, JR, Sue Ellen, Bobby, Pam, Ray, Lucy, Blake, Krystal, Fallon, Steven and Alexis. The characters and the actors portraying them are inseparable in my view, any attempt by others will simply draw comparisons. How on Earth do you select an actor to portray JR Ewing other than Larry Hagman and the same is said of Joan Collins and Alexis Carrington? </p><p></p><p>The problem I foresee is there are far too many of us that hold dear to our hearts the originals, therefore the reboots will simply give us the option to compare one actor/actress to another and instantly decide to switch off. I think this is why it is clever for the guys rebooting "Charmed" they've decided to set it in the 1970's, thus avoiding any conflict with 1998-2006 series.</p><p></p><p>For Dynasty I would have went with a continuation but then look how Dallas TNT fared.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 36952, member: 100"] In this case I didn't share David Jacobs enthusiasm for a Dallas reboot. This also concerns me regarding the Dynasty reboot, I just don't see it working. Both shows are so iconic regarding their ever-lasting characters, Jock, Miss Ellie, JR, Sue Ellen, Bobby, Pam, Ray, Lucy, Blake, Krystal, Fallon, Steven and Alexis. The characters and the actors portraying them are inseparable in my view, any attempt by others will simply draw comparisons. How on Earth do you select an actor to portray JR Ewing other than Larry Hagman and the same is said of Joan Collins and Alexis Carrington? The problem I foresee is there are far too many of us that hold dear to our hearts the originals, therefore the reboots will simply give us the option to compare one actor/actress to another and instantly decide to switch off. I think this is why it is clever for the guys rebooting "Charmed" they've decided to set it in the 1970's, thus avoiding any conflict with 1998-2006 series. For Dynasty I would have went with a continuation but then look how Dallas TNT fared. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
New article with some new info about the new dynasty
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top