Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Nicollette & Liz - Hidden drama behind the scenes?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="DeviousPeep" data-source="post: 223910" data-attributes="member: 4924"><p>There was definitely some tension between Liz and Nicollette on set, and I personally think it has to do with a clash in personalities. When looking at video interviews and numerous BTS content with Liz and other cast members (particularly with Rafael and Maddison), Liz always commands the room. She seems to have grown closest with Maddison Brown, and while they seem to have a good friendship, Liz is very... dominant? alpha? I wouldn't say she's dramatic, but she seems to like to be on top, and I have a feeling Nicollette is the <em>exact same</em>. I don't think they were necessarily jealous of one another, but I think this might've caused some tension on set, just when it came to conversations and situations in between scenes. Liz never posted any pictures or videos with Nicollette beyond S1 (she regularly posted with the rest of the cast) and often avoided bringing up Nicollette in interviews. Examples: an interviewer mentioned the new regulars in S2, Liz spoke about Ana and Maddison while the interviewer had to go out of his way to bring up Nicollette. In an interview earlier this year, the interviewer mentioned Liz's stint "playing Nicollette Sheridan playing Alexis", and Liz was quick to shift over to her "buddy" Elaine now being on the show. (Side note: it's been confirmed that Liz got Elaine the role of Alexis as they were friends and costars during Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, a sitcom Liz and Elaine starred in on FX). Liz also gave a statement when Elaine was cast where she said she couldn't think of anyone better for the part. Perhaps that meant /except for Nicollette/, but I feel she could've worded it differently.</p><p></p><p>Additionally, like most of the rest of the cast, Nicollette wasn't fond of Atlanta. Unlike the rest of the cast, however, she'd go back to LA on her private jet constantly between shooting (see her Instagram page). There was also rumors that she'd be late to set and hold up shooting a lot, which is why she started to appear in less scenes as Season 2 went on. And I can't imagine she was fond of the S2 scripts, as others pointed out (if she took issue with dialogue in DH, no way she would be fine with Dynasty's). So this, on top of personality clash, probably didn't help with her and Liz getting along. And Liz and Nicollette's final scene interacting together was near the beginning of 2x12, three episodes before she departed from the show. 2x13 and 2x14 only saw Nicollette work with Ana and Grant, and 2x15 she only had two real scenes with Sam Underwood. She was in the group scene near the beginning, but she had few lines and honestly I think they shot half of it without her and edited her into it later. </p><p></p><p>Ultimately, I think Nicollette leaving the show was a mutual decision. She lost interest in the show during S2, didn't have the greatest relationship with her cast members (she unfollowed everyone on IG except Ana; everyone except Ana, Rob Riley, Maddison Brown, and Adam Huber unfollowed her on IG), and her mother was terminally ill. I do believe her mother's illness was a key reason in her departure (Rafael did an Instagram takeover the day 2x01 aired and Nicollette sent in a video message for the fans where she mentions being back in LA to take care of her mom), but I think there were other variables that pushed her to the decision.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="DeviousPeep, post: 223910, member: 4924"] There was definitely some tension between Liz and Nicollette on set, and I personally think it has to do with a clash in personalities. When looking at video interviews and numerous BTS content with Liz and other cast members (particularly with Rafael and Maddison), Liz always commands the room. She seems to have grown closest with Maddison Brown, and while they seem to have a good friendship, Liz is very... dominant? alpha? I wouldn't say she's dramatic, but she seems to like to be on top, and I have a feeling Nicollette is the [I]exact same[/I]. I don't think they were necessarily jealous of one another, but I think this might've caused some tension on set, just when it came to conversations and situations in between scenes. Liz never posted any pictures or videos with Nicollette beyond S1 (she regularly posted with the rest of the cast) and often avoided bringing up Nicollette in interviews. Examples: an interviewer mentioned the new regulars in S2, Liz spoke about Ana and Maddison while the interviewer had to go out of his way to bring up Nicollette. In an interview earlier this year, the interviewer mentioned Liz's stint "playing Nicollette Sheridan playing Alexis", and Liz was quick to shift over to her "buddy" Elaine now being on the show. (Side note: it's been confirmed that Liz got Elaine the role of Alexis as they were friends and costars during Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll, a sitcom Liz and Elaine starred in on FX). Liz also gave a statement when Elaine was cast where she said she couldn't think of anyone better for the part. Perhaps that meant /except for Nicollette/, but I feel she could've worded it differently. Additionally, like most of the rest of the cast, Nicollette wasn't fond of Atlanta. Unlike the rest of the cast, however, she'd go back to LA on her private jet constantly between shooting (see her Instagram page). There was also rumors that she'd be late to set and hold up shooting a lot, which is why she started to appear in less scenes as Season 2 went on. And I can't imagine she was fond of the S2 scripts, as others pointed out (if she took issue with dialogue in DH, no way she would be fine with Dynasty's). So this, on top of personality clash, probably didn't help with her and Liz getting along. And Liz and Nicollette's final scene interacting together was near the beginning of 2x12, three episodes before she departed from the show. 2x13 and 2x14 only saw Nicollette work with Ana and Grant, and 2x15 she only had two real scenes with Sam Underwood. She was in the group scene near the beginning, but she had few lines and honestly I think they shot half of it without her and edited her into it later. Ultimately, I think Nicollette leaving the show was a mutual decision. She lost interest in the show during S2, didn't have the greatest relationship with her cast members (she unfollowed everyone on IG except Ana; everyone except Ana, Rob Riley, Maddison Brown, and Adam Huber unfollowed her on IG), and her mother was terminally ill. I do believe her mother's illness was a key reason in her departure (Rafael did an Instagram takeover the day 2x01 aired and Nicollette sent in a video message for the fans where she mentions being back in LA to take care of her mom), but I think there were other variables that pushed her to the decision. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Nicollette & Liz - Hidden drama behind the scenes?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top