Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Not one note we've heard yet of the "supposed" new theme song...
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Snarky Oracle!" data-source="post: 88601" data-attributes="member: 57984"><p>Shows today are very slick and the production elements, including the acting, are very consistent. So even the most uninspired series is competent on a level older programs couldn't always guarantee.</p><p></p><p>The result is that a contemporary series' lack of inspiration is sufficiently masked. While older series would sometimes intermix inspired, great moments, great scenes, great seasons with ones which were awful. So there was greater fluctuation.</p><p></p><p>At the same time, there are so many ways today for the brass to profit from even a bomb or short-lived program, that I'm sure that's got to affect their mindset.</p><p></p><p>They don't <strong><em>want </em></strong>it to fail. But they're not all that concerned if it <strong><em>does</em></strong>.</p><p></p><p>That winds up being both good and bad for the show and the audience: there's less destructive neurosis, but less raw inspiration, too.</p><p></p><p>It's all about constructive competence now. Not that that's a bad thing, but sometimes that's <strong><em>all </em></strong>there is.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Snarky Oracle!, post: 88601, member: 57984"] Shows today are very slick and the production elements, including the acting, are very consistent. So even the most uninspired series is competent on a level older programs couldn't always guarantee. The result is that a contemporary series' lack of inspiration is sufficiently masked. While older series would sometimes intermix inspired, great moments, great scenes, great seasons with ones which were awful. So there was greater fluctuation. At the same time, there are so many ways today for the brass to profit from even a bomb or short-lived program, that I'm sure that's got to affect their mindset. They don't [B][I]want [/I][/B]it to fail. But they're not all that concerned if it [B][I]does[/I][/B]. That winds up being both good and bad for the show and the audience: there's less destructive neurosis, but less raw inspiration, too. It's all about constructive competence now. Not that that's a bad thing, but sometimes that's [B][I]all [/I][/B]there is. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Not one note we've heard yet of the "supposed" new theme song...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top