Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Daniel Avery" data-source="post: 392587" data-attributes="member: 27"><p>Harding Lemay, Head Writer of <em>Another World</em>, was in the beginning stages of burnout when Paul Rauch and NBC foisted a second soap on him (<em>Lovers and Friends</em>). It was definitely a case of "killing the goose that laid the golden egg." Even after Lemay pushed the second soap away (others took on the majority of the writing, and he did little to correct their lackluster work) his AW writings started to suffer. They then expanded AW to 90 minutes per day (!!) and it was enough to break any writer (or at least any GOOD writer). I think Lemay would have ended up leaving AW anyway, but forcing a second set of characters on him at that point hastened his end at AW. Maybe his tell-all book would have instead been called <em><strong>Nine</strong> Years in Another World</em>.</p><p></p><p>Still, it's rare to see anything concerning L&F or its spin-off/retooling effort (FRFP), so these are interesting finds.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Daniel Avery, post: 392587, member: 27"] Harding Lemay, Head Writer of [I]Another World[/I], was in the beginning stages of burnout when Paul Rauch and NBC foisted a second soap on him ([I]Lovers and Friends[/I]). It was definitely a case of "killing the goose that laid the golden egg." Even after Lemay pushed the second soap away (others took on the majority of the writing, and he did little to correct their lackluster work) his AW writings started to suffer. They then expanded AW to 90 minutes per day (!!) and it was enough to break any writer (or at least any GOOD writer). I think Lemay would have ended up leaving AW anyway, but forcing a second set of characters on him at that point hastened his end at AW. Maybe his tell-all book would have instead been called [I][B]Nine[/B] Years in Another World[/I]. Still, it's rare to see anything concerning L&F or its spin-off/retooling effort (FRFP), so these are interesting finds. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top