Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 393673" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>It appears to be the regular timeslot in Los Angeles / California. If you look at the listings for December 1996 in the link below, <em>The City</em> airs at 11am followed by news then <em>All My Children</em> at midday. So they’ve switched up <em>The City</em> and the news, whereas other markets had the news first. The ad I posted is for a Palm Springs station and I’ve seen an LA Times article mention that it would air at 11am, so that’s obviously just the way it was scheduled in that part of the country. Interestingly, I see that the local CBS station was airing <em>Guiding Light</em> at 9am while <em>Geraldo</em> aired in the 3pm slot that GL occupied elsewhere in the country.</p><p></p><p>[URL unfurl="true"]https://www.itsabouttv.com/2017/12/whats-on-tv-wednesday-december-18-1996.html?m=1[/URL]</p><p></p><p></p><p>Yes, considering <em>The City</em> was essentially <em>Melrose</em> in New York, lumping it in such an early timeslot made no sense. <em>Sunset Beach</em> aired in morning / early afternoon slots here but what made it a cult hit was the Saturday afternoon omnibus on the UK’s Channel 5. I don’t think US soaps ever did the omnibus thing in the same way that the UK soaps did but if NBC had any sense, they would’ve seen the success it was enjoying in the UK and tried to adjust the timeslot accordingly (although I’m not sure if they could as their later afternoon slots appear to have been given over to local programming by then).</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 393673, member: 673"] It appears to be the regular timeslot in Los Angeles / California. If you look at the listings for December 1996 in the link below, [I]The City[/I] airs at 11am followed by news then [I]All My Children[/I] at midday. So they’ve switched up [I]The City[/I] and the news, whereas other markets had the news first. The ad I posted is for a Palm Springs station and I’ve seen an LA Times article mention that it would air at 11am, so that’s obviously just the way it was scheduled in that part of the country. Interestingly, I see that the local CBS station was airing [I]Guiding Light[/I] at 9am while [I]Geraldo[/I] aired in the 3pm slot that GL occupied elsewhere in the country. [URL unfurl="true"]https://www.itsabouttv.com/2017/12/whats-on-tv-wednesday-december-18-1996.html?m=1[/URL] Yes, considering [I]The City[/I] was essentially [I]Melrose[/I] in New York, lumping it in such an early timeslot made no sense. [I]Sunset Beach[/I] aired in morning / early afternoon slots here but what made it a cult hit was the Saturday afternoon omnibus on the UK’s Channel 5. I don’t think US soaps ever did the omnibus thing in the same way that the UK soaps did but if NBC had any sense, they would’ve seen the success it was enjoying in the UK and tried to adjust the timeslot accordingly (although I’m not sure if they could as their later afternoon slots appear to have been given over to local programming by then). [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top