Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 398764" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>A couple of ads today covering a bit of recast drama. In 1989, reportedly unhappy with his diminished storylines and the increased prominence being given to Lauralee Bell’s character Christine, Terry Lester quit his role as Jack Abbott on <em>Y&R</em>, a part he originated in 1980. Rather than write Jack out, <em>Y&R</em> went the recast route, with <em>AMC</em> favourite Peter Bergman (who recently been fired from his role as Dr. Cliff Warner) taking over the role.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]53069[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Meanwhile, over on <em>Santa Barbara</em>, another favourite, Lane Davies (Mason Capwell) quit the show after five years, reportedly unhappy with the direction his character was going in. Enter Terry Lester, who stated that one of his goals had been to star on the NBC soap.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]53070[/ATTACH]</p><p></p><p>Working on the show obviously wasn’t all it cracked up to be as Lester quit the role after only one year, again unhappy with the direction of his character and apparently taking advantage of the fact that producers let contract renewal deadlines lapse (which sounds like a very <em>Santa Barbara</em> thing to do given its messy behind the scenes dramas). Davies was offered “<em>a lot of money</em>” to reprise the role but didn’t feel the time was right as his primetime career was starting to take off (he would be part of the main cast of shortlived Susan Harris sitcom <em>Good & Evil</em> in 1991). <em>Dynasty’s</em> Gordon Thomson would take over the role, staying until the show ended in 1993.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 398764, member: 673"] A couple of ads today covering a bit of recast drama. In 1989, reportedly unhappy with his diminished storylines and the increased prominence being given to Lauralee Bell’s character Christine, Terry Lester quit his role as Jack Abbott on [I]Y&R[/I], a part he originated in 1980. Rather than write Jack out, [I]Y&R[/I] went the recast route, with [I]AMC[/I] favourite Peter Bergman (who recently been fired from his role as Dr. Cliff Warner) taking over the role. [ATTACH type="full"]53069[/ATTACH] Meanwhile, over on [I]Santa Barbara[/I], another favourite, Lane Davies (Mason Capwell) quit the show after five years, reportedly unhappy with the direction his character was going in. Enter Terry Lester, who stated that one of his goals had been to star on the NBC soap. [ATTACH type="full"]53070[/ATTACH] Working on the show obviously wasn’t all it cracked up to be as Lester quit the role after only one year, again unhappy with the direction of his character and apparently taking advantage of the fact that producers let contract renewal deadlines lapse (which sounds like a very [I]Santa Barbara[/I] thing to do given its messy behind the scenes dramas). Davies was offered “[I]a lot of money[/I]” to reprise the role but didn’t feel the time was right as his primetime career was starting to take off (he would be part of the main cast of shortlived Susan Harris sitcom [I]Good & Evil[/I] in 1991). [I]Dynasty’s[/I] Gordon Thomson would take over the role, staying until the show ended in 1993. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Print Ads for Daytime Soaps
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top