Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 261562" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part One:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR? May I come in?"</p><p></p><p>JR sighed heavily. He didn't feel like talking to anyone; not even his mother. "Come in" he called out, plastering a blank look on his face.</p><p></p><p>Ellie walked into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed. "JR, I'm very worried about you. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you."</p><p></p><p>"I'm fine, Mama," he said shortly.</p><p></p><p>"JR… your own wife shot you "</p><p></p><p>"We don't know that for sure yet."</p><p></p><p>"Her fingerprints are on the gun."</p><p></p><p>"So? That gun has been around here forever. She might have touched it before."</p><p></p><p>"JR, I know it's hard to accept, but that gun was in this house. In a closet here in this room. Who else other than Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"Mama," JR held up his hand to stop her, "I know what the evidence is. All I'm saying is that we don't know for sure. But if you're worried about how I'll react if they prove she's the one who shot me, don't. I'll be fine."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR. What your father said downstairs at breakfast, about her bail…"</p><p></p><p>"What about it?"</p><p></p><p>"It's important for me to know I agree with him. Sue Ellen is very sick and possibly very dangerous. Jail might be the best place for her. At least she won't drink in there. And…"</p><p></p><p>"And what?" </p><p></p><p>"JR, if she should happen to make bail, she is not to step one foot into Southfork, do you understand me? She is dangerous to you and maybe to John Ross."</p><p></p><p>"She would never hurt that boy."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe, but I won't take that chance. You stay away from her, JR. Do you understand me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR growled. "I understand just fine."</p><p></p><p>"Good," Miss Ellie stood up and moved towards the door. "I'm sorry, JR. I know this is painful, but it's the way it has to be."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen wiped her tears away with a wadded up piece of toilet paper. She couldn't believe that JR and the family were going to just leave her here to rot.</p><p></p><p>She was terrified. She saw the way the other inmates were looking at her. They were just waiting for an opportunity to hurt her. Or worse.</p><p></p><p>And maybe she deserved to be hurt. If she was the one who shot JR…</p><p></p><p>It HAD to have been her. The gun was in her closet. Her fingerprints were all over it. She couldn't remember what happened that night. And she had been SO angry and hurt.</p><p></p><p>Sober, she never would have hurt him. But drunk? Who knows what she might have done.</p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR," she cried under her breath. "I am so, so sorry."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR rolled over, sat up, and flipped on the lamp on his bedside table. No use in trying to sleep. His mind was spinning and refused to give him any peace.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen…</p><p></p><p>Maybe she was the one who shot him. It's not like she didn't have good reason. And she was always totally crazy when she was drunk.</p><p></p><p>How had it all come to this? They had once been so happy together. When they first married, their life together had been a dream come true.</p><p></p><p>But then…</p><p></p><p>The other women. The plots and schemes. The affairs. Barnes. The stinking. The paternity suit.</p><p></p><p>And Kristen.</p><p></p><p>Kristen had been the final straw.</p><p></p><p>"Whatever she may have done,"JR muttered, his voice thick with self disgust, "you had it coming, boy."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Ewing!" A guard appeared in front of the cell. "Front and center!"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen stood up and walked to the front of the cell. "Yes."</p><p></p><p>"Get your stuff together if you have anything. You made bail."</p><p></p><p>"I… I did?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Now get your crap. I don't have all day."</p><p></p><p>"I don't have anything," Sue Ellen said softly.</p><p></p><p>"Turn around then."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned as ordered and stood completely still as the guard handcuffed her.</p><p></p><p>Who had paid her bail? The family had made it very clear they wanted no part of helping her, so who had done it? </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Did you hear?" Bobby asked his brother.</p><p></p><p>"It's all over the paper, Bob," JR snapped. "Of course I heard."</p><p></p><p>"Leave her alone, JR," Bobby warned.</p><p></p><p>JR narrowed his eyes to angry slits. "You worry about Ewing Oil. I'll worry about my wife."</p><p></p><p>"I mean it, JR. Don't you dare go after her…"</p><p></p><p>"Why so protective of the woman who shot your brother, Bob?" JR challenged him.</p><p></p><p>"I'd like to know that too," Jock said angrily, taking his seat at the breakfast table. "Bobby, I better not find out you paid that woman's bail."</p><p></p><p>"I didn't," Bobby said defensively. "But someone did. And we need to leave her be."</p><p></p><p>"I agree," Ellie spoke for the first time. "Sue Ellen will have her day in court. Until then, we all need to stay away from her."</p><p></p><p>"Fine," Jock sulked. "But if she comes here or tries to see my grandson…"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, Jock," Ellie sighed. "I know."</p><p></p><p>JR said nothing, he drank his coffee and brooded. His family could do whatever they wanted, but he would handle his wife. And he would do it in his own way.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 261562, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part One: *** "JR? May I come in?" JR sighed heavily. He didn't feel like talking to anyone; not even his mother. "Come in" he called out, plastering a blank look on his face. Ellie walked into the bedroom and sat down on the edge of the bed. "JR, I'm very worried about you. I can't imagine how difficult this must be for you." "I'm fine, Mama," he said shortly. "JR… your own wife shot you " "We don't know that for sure yet." "Her fingerprints are on the gun." "So? That gun has been around here forever. She might have touched it before." "JR, I know it's hard to accept, but that gun was in this house. In a closet here in this room. Who else other than Sue Ellen…" "Mama," JR held up his hand to stop her, "I know what the evidence is. All I'm saying is that we don't know for sure. But if you're worried about how I'll react if they prove she's the one who shot me, don't. I'll be fine." "Alright, JR. What your father said downstairs at breakfast, about her bail…" "What about it?" "It's important for me to know I agree with him. Sue Ellen is very sick and possibly very dangerous. Jail might be the best place for her. At least she won't drink in there. And…" "And what?" "JR, if she should happen to make bail, she is not to step one foot into Southfork, do you understand me? She is dangerous to you and maybe to John Ross." "She would never hurt that boy." "Maybe, but I won't take that chance. You stay away from her, JR. Do you understand me?" "Yes," JR growled. "I understand just fine." "Good," Miss Ellie stood up and moved towards the door. "I'm sorry, JR. I know this is painful, but it's the way it has to be." *** Sue Ellen wiped her tears away with a wadded up piece of toilet paper. She couldn't believe that JR and the family were going to just leave her here to rot. She was terrified. She saw the way the other inmates were looking at her. They were just waiting for an opportunity to hurt her. Or worse. And maybe she deserved to be hurt. If she was the one who shot JR… It HAD to have been her. The gun was in her closet. Her fingerprints were all over it. She couldn't remember what happened that night. And she had been SO angry and hurt. Sober, she never would have hurt him. But drunk? Who knows what she might have done. "Oh, JR," she cried under her breath. "I am so, so sorry." *** JR rolled over, sat up, and flipped on the lamp on his bedside table. No use in trying to sleep. His mind was spinning and refused to give him any peace. Sue Ellen… Maybe she was the one who shot him. It's not like she didn't have good reason. And she was always totally crazy when she was drunk. How had it all come to this? They had once been so happy together. When they first married, their life together had been a dream come true. But then… The other women. The plots and schemes. The affairs. Barnes. The stinking. The paternity suit. And Kristen. Kristen had been the final straw. "Whatever she may have done,"JR muttered, his voice thick with self disgust, "you had it coming, boy." *** "Ewing!" A guard appeared in front of the cell. "Front and center!" Sue Ellen stood up and walked to the front of the cell. "Yes." "Get your stuff together if you have anything. You made bail." "I… I did?" "Yes. Now get your crap. I don't have all day." "I don't have anything," Sue Ellen said softly. "Turn around then." Sue Ellen turned as ordered and stood completely still as the guard handcuffed her. Who had paid her bail? The family had made it very clear they wanted no part of helping her, so who had done it? *** "Did you hear?" Bobby asked his brother. "It's all over the paper, Bob," JR snapped. "Of course I heard." "Leave her alone, JR," Bobby warned. JR narrowed his eyes to angry slits. "You worry about Ewing Oil. I'll worry about my wife." "I mean it, JR. Don't you dare go after her…" "Why so protective of the woman who shot your brother, Bob?" JR challenged him. "I'd like to know that too," Jock said angrily, taking his seat at the breakfast table. "Bobby, I better not find out you paid that woman's bail." "I didn't," Bobby said defensively. "But someone did. And we need to leave her be." "I agree," Ellie spoke for the first time. "Sue Ellen will have her day in court. Until then, we all need to stay away from her." "Fine," Jock sulked. "But if she comes here or tries to see my grandson…" "Yes, Jock," Ellie sighed. "I know." JR said nothing, he drank his coffee and brooded. His family could do whatever they wanted, but he would handle his wife. And he would do it in his own way. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top