Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 262055" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>[USER=5150]@Ukdallasfan[/USER] , tbh, that's always bothered me. For all the blustering everyone did about Sue Ellen being arrested, not one word about how it could affect and embarrass the family and JR. Wrote in here because the lack of addressing it didn't seem realistic to me.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Seven:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What are you going to do, Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"I have no idea," Sue Ellen sighed. "But thank you for coming over. I can't tell you how much it helps to be able to talk to someone other than my lawyer and my shrink."</p><p></p><p>Pam smiled and reached out to cover Sue Ellen's hand with hers. "I'm glad I could help."</p><p></p><p>"I just don't know what to think. I wish I could remember what happened that night!"</p><p></p><p>"You said you remembered colors. What colors?"</p><p></p><p>"Pink," Sue Ellen shrugged. "Blue. And for some reason red."</p><p></p><p>"You're right. That certainly doesn't sound like the offices at Ewing Oil "</p><p></p><p>"No. And I remember talking to someone and being very upset. But I don't remember who it was or why I was so angry!"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, that means that someone out there knows what happened that night!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And as well publicized as this case has been, I can't understand why they haven't come forward."</p><p></p><p>"Unless they're the one who shot JR," Pam said thoughtfully.</p><p></p><p>"I thought about that Pam. I just wish I could remember!"</p><p></p><p>"You're making good progress with Dr. Elby. I'm sure it will all come back to you."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe, but if it doesn't come back soon, I'll have to go to trial without knowing the truth. Pam, that scares the hell out of me. I'm afraid I'll be tried and convicted and that I will never know what actually happened that night. I'm truly terrified."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Where's your wife?"</p><p></p><p>"She said she had an errand to run. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"I need to talk to the family. It's fine. We'll start without her."</p><p></p><p>JR watched as Jock, Ellie, and Bobby all took seats in the living room. "The DA prepped me for my testimony. He also told me who else was being called as witnesses."</p><p></p><p>"Well? Who?" Jock demanded.</p><p></p><p>"Cliff Barnes for one. His paternity suit. Goes to Sue Ellen's character and to the bad state of our marriage. Barnes is going to testify in open court that he had an affair with my wife."</p><p></p><p>"Is that true, JR?" Ellie asked him. "You and Sue Ellen both always swore Cliff was a liar."</p><p></p><p>"It's true," JR confessed.</p><p></p><p>"That slut," Jock grumbled.</p><p></p><p>"The defense is going to call a lot of women I cheated on Sue Ellen with. You should all prepare yourself to hear it. And it's all true."</p><p></p><p>"JR, none of us will be surprised," Bobby told him. "It's not like you ever bothered to hide your affairs."</p><p></p><p>"I hid one of them. And she's being called as a witness. Not by the defense, but by the prosecution."</p><p></p><p>"Who JR?" Ellie asked.</p><p></p><p>"Look, I need you all to know I'm not proud of this. If I could go back in time and take it back, I would."</p><p></p><p>"What did you do, JR?" Bobby asked suspiciously.</p><p></p><p>"I...I had an affair with Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"Oh my God," Ellie breathed out.</p><p></p><p>"You WHAT?" Jock yelled, his voice laced with disgust.</p><p></p><p>"You heard me," JR shot back.</p><p></p><p>"JR...Jesus!" Bobby shook his head. "Does Sue Ellen know?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR admitted. "She's known almost since the beginning."</p><p></p><p>"More motive," Bobby mumbled</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR sighed. "That's why the DA is calling Kristen as a witness."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, JR. How could you?" Ellie cried.</p><p></p><p>"Mama, you've always known I've never been faithful to Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, JR. But her SISTER?" Ellie shuddered and buried her face in her hands.</p><p></p><p>"JR, I've always looked the other way about you playing around," Jock said solemnly. "Men are men after all, and we all know you haven't been happy with Sue Ellen for years. But this? This goes beyond anything I could ever accept. You're going to humiliate this entire family. And no man with an ounce of decency would sleep with his wife's own sister. That tells me everything about what kind of man you are that I ever needed to know."</p><p></p><p>Jock paused, stood up and shook his head. "I've been toying with the idea of making Bobby the permanent president of Ewing Oil for a while. This seals the deal for me.i don't want a man of such low character running my company. As for Sue Ellen, well, we'll stand by you in public through the trial, but after it's over you're done around here. And as far as I'm concerned? If she shot you, you damned well deserved it, boy."</p><p></p><p>Ellie choked down a sob as she stood to follow her husband from the room. "I'm sorry, JR," she said in a broken voice, "but I agree with your father."</p><p></p><p>Bobby and JR sat in silence, drinking their bourbon for a few minutes before Bobby finally broke the awkward silence. "Well, JR. You really did it this time, didn't you?"</p><p></p><p>JR drained the rest of his drink and shot his brother an icy glare. "So it would seem."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR slammed down another drink and growled under his breath. His father was using his affair with Kristen to take Ewing Oil away from him.</p><p></p><p>He's lost everything now. He was still hobbled from the shooting. His wife was lost to him. Now his company.</p><p></p><p>Part of him blamed Sue Ellen. If she hadn't shot him, his family would have never needed to know about Kristen.</p><p></p><p>But another part of him knew this was all his fault.</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>JR looked up and saw his sister-in-law standing in the doorway. "What?" He growled at her.</p><p></p><p>"Bobby told me about Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"Don't act like you didn't already know. You and my wife are thick as thieves these days. That's where you've been, right? With Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"How did you know that?"</p><p></p><p>"Lucky guess," JR answered, getting up to make another drink.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Pam admitted. "I've been with Sue Ellen. And yes, she told me about Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"Don't bother to call me a bastard," JR snarled. "Daddy has already done that better than you ever could."</p><p></p><p>"I know. JR...I…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"I believe now more than ever that Sue Ellen didn't shoot you. And even if she did, she was drunk and didn't know what she was doing. She feels so guilty knowing that she might have hurt you."</p><p></p><p>""Does she?" JR laughed. "I'd lay odds that the only thing she feels bad about is that she might go to prison."</p><p></p><p>"You're wrong about her, JR," Pam insisted. "You always have been."</p><p></p><p>"Are you trying to tell me you know my wife better than I do?"</p><p></p><p>"When it comes to Sue Ellen, you only see what you want to," Pam said, turning away from him. "I wish you would open your eyes and see her as she truly is."</p><p></p><p>"How do you see her, Pam?"</p><p></p><p>She turned back to face him and put her hands on her hips. "I see her as a good hearted woman who truly loves her son...and her husband. She's mixed up, confused, and she has a lot of problems. But of all the people in your life, jR, Sue Ellen is the only one who truly loves you as you are and forgives you for all your sins and abuse. She even forgives you for Kristen."</p><p></p><p>JR said nothing as he watched Pam leave the living room and head up the stairs. He chugged down the rest of his drink and made himself another.</p><p></p><p>Whatever Sue Ellen had in her head, he would never know…. unless….</p><p></p><p>"Maybe it's time I had a private talk with my wife," he muttered to himself. "And there's no time like the present."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Hold on!" Sue Ellen yelled, hurrying from her bedroom and securing her robe around her, "I'm coming!"</p><p></p><p>She made it to the front door and looked out the peephole. "Oh, dear God…"</p><p></p><p>The banging started again. "Sue Ellen, open this damn door or so help me I'll kick in it!"</p><p></p><p>She almost walked away to call her lawyer. But she knew him. He'd stand out there and bang and yell until one of her neighbors called the police. She cautiously opened the door, intending to tell him he shouldn't be here and that he needed to leave. But she didn't have a chance. As soon as the door opened a crack, he pushed against it with all his might, causing her to stumble backwards and the door to fiy open.</p><p></p><p>"JR! You can't be here!"</p><p></p><p>"Why not?" He slurred. "You're still my damn wife."</p><p></p><p>"You're drunk!" She accused him.</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I am," he laughed at her. "Quite a change to have you be the sober one in our relationship, huh?"</p><p></p><p>"What relationship?" She snapped. "You need to leave."</p><p></p><p>"No," he said, taking off his jacket and loosening his tie. "Fix me a drink, honey," he ordered her, sinking down onto the couch.</p><p></p><p>"I don't have any alcohol, JR," she informed him coldly.</p><p></p><p>"Ah. Well, good thing I brought my own then," he fished a flask out of his jacket pocket. "So tell me, Miss Texas, you all ready for your trial?"</p><p></p><p>"I can't discuss that with you and you shouldn't be here!"</p><p></p><p>"Why not? You expecting someone else?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course not! And you KNOW why you have to leave."</p><p></p><p>"I'm not going anywhere," he said defiantly. "Not until I get some answers."</p><p></p><p>"JR, I already told you that I can't remember whether or not I shot you."</p><p></p><p>"Uh huh," he mocked her. "Let's pretend for a minute I believe that. What I want to know is if you're sorry I survived."</p><p></p><p>"What?" She gasped. "No, JR! Of course not. I'm relieved!"</p><p></p><p>"Why?" He demanded. "God knows you had reasons enough to want me dead."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And I won't deny that I thought about killing you many times. But…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't know," she chewed on her bottom lip, "when I saw you in that hospital bed and saw how badly you were hurt, all I wanted was for you to be okay."</p><p></p><p>He watched her face carefully. Her answer had sent a thrill through his entire body. "Come here," he commanded softly </p><p></p><p>"No."</p><p></p><p>He chuckled and raised his eyebrows. "I said come here, Sue Ellen. Don't make me get up and chase you."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"I'm not going to hurt you honey," he coaxed. "I just want to look into those big, beautiful brown eyes so I can see whether or not you're telling me the truth."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sighed and moved to stand directly in front of him. "Satisfied?"</p><p></p><p>"Not even remotely close to it, honey," his voice got even lower. He took a drink from his flask as he studied her face. "You still look tired."</p><p></p><p>"I haven't been sleeping well."</p><p></p><p>"Is that right? Miss your husband beside you?"</p><p></p><p>"Oh please," she laughed bitterly. "We both know I've spent more nights without you than with you in the last few years."</p><p></p><p>"Then what's keeping you awake at night, Miss Texas?"</p><p></p><p>"I can't talk about it JR!"</p><p></p><p>He moved so fast she didn't have time to react. His hand snaked out and he snatched her arm, using it to forcibly pull her down onto his lap. "Stop struggling," he warned her. "We both know what will happen if you keep it up."</p><p></p><p>Sue stopped squirming immediately. "Let me up, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Let me see if I have this straight, Sue Ellen," he ground out, ignoring her demand. "You wanted me dead, thought about killing me, but are glad I survived. And you want me to believe that you really don't remember if you shot me or not. That sum it up, honey?"</p><p></p><p>"It's the truth JR!"</p><p></p><p>"Uh huh. And you don't know who is paying all your legal bills and keeping you here in the life of luxury?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't! My lawyer won't tell me who it is."</p><p></p><p>"And you can't figure it out on your own?"</p><p></p><p>"I.. I thought it was Miss Ellie...but it's not."</p><p></p><p>JR chuckled low in his throat. "Of course it's not Mama. It's got to be a man, honey. A man entranced by those eyes and brought to his knees thinking about those long legs wrapped around his body."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen blushed and lowered her gaze. "I told you, I don't have a lover, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Do you want one?"</p><p></p><p>"W... what?" She stammered.</p><p></p><p>"Are you lonely, honey? Do you miss the touch of a man?"</p><p></p><p>"The only thing a man's touch has ever brought me is pain, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR made no reply. He moved his hand to cup her face, forcing her eyes up to meet his. "You're so beautiful. Always have been."</p><p></p><p>"JR...what are you doing?"</p><p></p><p>"I really want to kiss you right now, Miss Texas. And don't bother to lie. I know you want me to." </p><p></p><p>He was silent for a few minutes, simply holding her on his lap and searching her eyes. "But we can't, can we?" He finally said, releasing her.</p><p></p><p>"No, we can't," she agreed, standing up on shaky legs. "JR, why did you come here tonight?"</p><p></p><p>"I needed to know something."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Nevermind. I should get going now."</p><p></p><p>"JR, you really shouldn't be driving."</p><p></p><p>"I didn't drive, Sue Ellen. I have a car and a driver waiting for me."</p><p></p><p>"Oh. Good."</p><p></p><p>"We probably shouldn't talk again until after the trial."</p><p></p><p>"Probably not," she sighed. "But after the trial, I'll probably be in prison."</p><p></p><p>"They won't put you in prison," he told her, his hand on the doorknob.</p><p></p><p>"Really?" She laughed. "What makes you think that, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Simple, honey," he flashed her a smile on his way out the door. "I won't let them."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 262055, member: 5055"] [USER=5150]@Ukdallasfan[/USER] , tbh, that's always bothered me. For all the blustering everyone did about Sue Ellen being arrested, not one word about how it could affect and embarrass the family and JR. Wrote in here because the lack of addressing it didn't seem realistic to me. *** I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Seven: *** "What are you going to do, Sue Ellen?" "I have no idea," Sue Ellen sighed. "But thank you for coming over. I can't tell you how much it helps to be able to talk to someone other than my lawyer and my shrink." Pam smiled and reached out to cover Sue Ellen's hand with hers. "I'm glad I could help." "I just don't know what to think. I wish I could remember what happened that night!" "You said you remembered colors. What colors?" "Pink," Sue Ellen shrugged. "Blue. And for some reason red." "You're right. That certainly doesn't sound like the offices at Ewing Oil " "No. And I remember talking to someone and being very upset. But I don't remember who it was or why I was so angry!" "Sue Ellen, that means that someone out there knows what happened that night!" "Yes. And as well publicized as this case has been, I can't understand why they haven't come forward." "Unless they're the one who shot JR," Pam said thoughtfully. "I thought about that Pam. I just wish I could remember!" "You're making good progress with Dr. Elby. I'm sure it will all come back to you." "Maybe, but if it doesn't come back soon, I'll have to go to trial without knowing the truth. Pam, that scares the hell out of me. I'm afraid I'll be tried and convicted and that I will never know what actually happened that night. I'm truly terrified." *** "Where's your wife?" "She said she had an errand to run. Why?" "I need to talk to the family. It's fine. We'll start without her." JR watched as Jock, Ellie, and Bobby all took seats in the living room. "The DA prepped me for my testimony. He also told me who else was being called as witnesses." "Well? Who?" Jock demanded. "Cliff Barnes for one. His paternity suit. Goes to Sue Ellen's character and to the bad state of our marriage. Barnes is going to testify in open court that he had an affair with my wife." "Is that true, JR?" Ellie asked him. "You and Sue Ellen both always swore Cliff was a liar." "It's true," JR confessed. "That slut," Jock grumbled. "The defense is going to call a lot of women I cheated on Sue Ellen with. You should all prepare yourself to hear it. And it's all true." "JR, none of us will be surprised," Bobby told him. "It's not like you ever bothered to hide your affairs." "I hid one of them. And she's being called as a witness. Not by the defense, but by the prosecution." "Who JR?" Ellie asked. "Look, I need you all to know I'm not proud of this. If I could go back in time and take it back, I would." "What did you do, JR?" Bobby asked suspiciously. "I...I had an affair with Kristen." "Oh my God," Ellie breathed out. "You WHAT?" Jock yelled, his voice laced with disgust. "You heard me," JR shot back. "JR...Jesus!" Bobby shook his head. "Does Sue Ellen know?" "Yes," JR admitted. "She's known almost since the beginning." "More motive," Bobby mumbled "Yes," JR sighed. "That's why the DA is calling Kristen as a witness." "Oh, JR. How could you?" Ellie cried. "Mama, you've always known I've never been faithful to Sue Ellen." "Yes, JR. But her SISTER?" Ellie shuddered and buried her face in her hands. "JR, I've always looked the other way about you playing around," Jock said solemnly. "Men are men after all, and we all know you haven't been happy with Sue Ellen for years. But this? This goes beyond anything I could ever accept. You're going to humiliate this entire family. And no man with an ounce of decency would sleep with his wife's own sister. That tells me everything about what kind of man you are that I ever needed to know." Jock paused, stood up and shook his head. "I've been toying with the idea of making Bobby the permanent president of Ewing Oil for a while. This seals the deal for me.i don't want a man of such low character running my company. As for Sue Ellen, well, we'll stand by you in public through the trial, but after it's over you're done around here. And as far as I'm concerned? If she shot you, you damned well deserved it, boy." Ellie choked down a sob as she stood to follow her husband from the room. "I'm sorry, JR," she said in a broken voice, "but I agree with your father." Bobby and JR sat in silence, drinking their bourbon for a few minutes before Bobby finally broke the awkward silence. "Well, JR. You really did it this time, didn't you?" JR drained the rest of his drink and shot his brother an icy glare. "So it would seem." *** JR slammed down another drink and growled under his breath. His father was using his affair with Kristen to take Ewing Oil away from him. He's lost everything now. He was still hobbled from the shooting. His wife was lost to him. Now his company. Part of him blamed Sue Ellen. If she hadn't shot him, his family would have never needed to know about Kristen. But another part of him knew this was all his fault. "JR?" JR looked up and saw his sister-in-law standing in the doorway. "What?" He growled at her. "Bobby told me about Kristen." "Don't act like you didn't already know. You and my wife are thick as thieves these days. That's where you've been, right? With Sue Ellen?" "How did you know that?" "Lucky guess," JR answered, getting up to make another drink. "Yes," Pam admitted. "I've been with Sue Ellen. And yes, she told me about Kristen." "Don't bother to call me a bastard," JR snarled. "Daddy has already done that better than you ever could." "I know. JR...I…" "What?" "I believe now more than ever that Sue Ellen didn't shoot you. And even if she did, she was drunk and didn't know what she was doing. She feels so guilty knowing that she might have hurt you." ""Does she?" JR laughed. "I'd lay odds that the only thing she feels bad about is that she might go to prison." "You're wrong about her, JR," Pam insisted. "You always have been." "Are you trying to tell me you know my wife better than I do?" "When it comes to Sue Ellen, you only see what you want to," Pam said, turning away from him. "I wish you would open your eyes and see her as she truly is." "How do you see her, Pam?" She turned back to face him and put her hands on her hips. "I see her as a good hearted woman who truly loves her son...and her husband. She's mixed up, confused, and she has a lot of problems. But of all the people in your life, jR, Sue Ellen is the only one who truly loves you as you are and forgives you for all your sins and abuse. She even forgives you for Kristen." JR said nothing as he watched Pam leave the living room and head up the stairs. He chugged down the rest of his drink and made himself another. Whatever Sue Ellen had in her head, he would never know…. unless…. "Maybe it's time I had a private talk with my wife," he muttered to himself. "And there's no time like the present." *** "Hold on!" Sue Ellen yelled, hurrying from her bedroom and securing her robe around her, "I'm coming!" She made it to the front door and looked out the peephole. "Oh, dear God…" The banging started again. "Sue Ellen, open this damn door or so help me I'll kick in it!" She almost walked away to call her lawyer. But she knew him. He'd stand out there and bang and yell until one of her neighbors called the police. She cautiously opened the door, intending to tell him he shouldn't be here and that he needed to leave. But she didn't have a chance. As soon as the door opened a crack, he pushed against it with all his might, causing her to stumble backwards and the door to fiy open. "JR! You can't be here!" "Why not?" He slurred. "You're still my damn wife." "You're drunk!" She accused him. "Yes, I am," he laughed at her. "Quite a change to have you be the sober one in our relationship, huh?" "What relationship?" She snapped. "You need to leave." "No," he said, taking off his jacket and loosening his tie. "Fix me a drink, honey," he ordered her, sinking down onto the couch. "I don't have any alcohol, JR," she informed him coldly. "Ah. Well, good thing I brought my own then," he fished a flask out of his jacket pocket. "So tell me, Miss Texas, you all ready for your trial?" "I can't discuss that with you and you shouldn't be here!" "Why not? You expecting someone else?" "Of course not! And you KNOW why you have to leave." "I'm not going anywhere," he said defiantly. "Not until I get some answers." "JR, I already told you that I can't remember whether or not I shot you." "Uh huh," he mocked her. "Let's pretend for a minute I believe that. What I want to know is if you're sorry I survived." "What?" She gasped. "No, JR! Of course not. I'm relieved!" "Why?" He demanded. "God knows you had reasons enough to want me dead." "Yes. And I won't deny that I thought about killing you many times. But…" "What?" "I don't know," she chewed on her bottom lip, "when I saw you in that hospital bed and saw how badly you were hurt, all I wanted was for you to be okay." He watched her face carefully. Her answer had sent a thrill through his entire body. "Come here," he commanded softly "No." He chuckled and raised his eyebrows. "I said come here, Sue Ellen. Don't make me get up and chase you." "JR…" "I'm not going to hurt you honey," he coaxed. "I just want to look into those big, beautiful brown eyes so I can see whether or not you're telling me the truth." Sue Ellen sighed and moved to stand directly in front of him. "Satisfied?" "Not even remotely close to it, honey," his voice got even lower. He took a drink from his flask as he studied her face. "You still look tired." "I haven't been sleeping well." "Is that right? Miss your husband beside you?" "Oh please," she laughed bitterly. "We both know I've spent more nights without you than with you in the last few years." "Then what's keeping you awake at night, Miss Texas?" "I can't talk about it JR!" He moved so fast she didn't have time to react. His hand snaked out and he snatched her arm, using it to forcibly pull her down onto his lap. "Stop struggling," he warned her. "We both know what will happen if you keep it up." Sue stopped squirming immediately. "Let me up, JR." "Let me see if I have this straight, Sue Ellen," he ground out, ignoring her demand. "You wanted me dead, thought about killing me, but are glad I survived. And you want me to believe that you really don't remember if you shot me or not. That sum it up, honey?" "It's the truth JR!" "Uh huh. And you don't know who is paying all your legal bills and keeping you here in the life of luxury?" "I don't! My lawyer won't tell me who it is." "And you can't figure it out on your own?" "I.. I thought it was Miss Ellie...but it's not." JR chuckled low in his throat. "Of course it's not Mama. It's got to be a man, honey. A man entranced by those eyes and brought to his knees thinking about those long legs wrapped around his body." Sue Ellen blushed and lowered her gaze. "I told you, I don't have a lover, JR." "Do you want one?" "W... what?" She stammered. "Are you lonely, honey? Do you miss the touch of a man?" "The only thing a man's touch has ever brought me is pain, JR." JR made no reply. He moved his hand to cup her face, forcing her eyes up to meet his. "You're so beautiful. Always have been." "JR...what are you doing?" "I really want to kiss you right now, Miss Texas. And don't bother to lie. I know you want me to." He was silent for a few minutes, simply holding her on his lap and searching her eyes. "But we can't, can we?" He finally said, releasing her. "No, we can't," she agreed, standing up on shaky legs. "JR, why did you come here tonight?" "I needed to know something." "What?" "Nevermind. I should get going now." "JR, you really shouldn't be driving." "I didn't drive, Sue Ellen. I have a car and a driver waiting for me." "Oh. Good." "We probably shouldn't talk again until after the trial." "Probably not," she sighed. "But after the trial, I'll probably be in prison." "They won't put you in prison," he told her, his hand on the doorknob. "Really?" She laughed. "What makes you think that, JR?" "Simple, honey," he flashed her a smile on his way out the door. "I won't let them." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top