Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 262324" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Ten:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, how could you not tell me!"</p><p></p><p>"I told you I had no memory of that night!"</p><p></p><p>Kiefer slammed his fist into the wall and growled in frustration. Kristen had destroyed them.</p><p></p><p>She testified that the night of the shooting, Sue Ellen had come to her apartment, drunk and furious. She said that she and Sue Ellen had fought. Kristen had told her she was pregnant with JR's child. She said Sue Ellen had exploded in a violent rage and hit her, then stormed out of the apartment. Kristen said she'd been worried about her sister driving drunk so she'd followed her. She said Sue Ellen drove straight to Ewing Oil and had shot JR right before Kristen's eyes.</p><p></p><p>Kiefer had been shocked. He'd tried to lessen the impact of the testimony by painting Kristen as a liar and an adulterer, but the damage was done.</p><p></p><p>"We have to change our strategy now, Sue Ellen. I have to convince the jury that you were under such emotional stress that you snapped."</p><p></p><p>"I don't think she's telling the truth! I remember being in a car, but I wasn't driving!"</p><p></p><p>"Well, I hope for your sake you can remember everything that happened - and fast. Otherwise, you're going to prison, Sue Ellen. And I can't stop it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JE sat in the courtroom alone. He didn't dare leave his seat. As soon as he did, he knew the press would overwhelm him.</p><p></p><p>Kristen was pregnant - or at least she claimed she was pregnant. And she'd told Sue Ellen the night of the shooting.</p><p></p><p>For the first time, JR had to admit, at least to himself, that Sue Ellen had been the one who shot him. Not that he could blame her. But it still hurt to actually believe it.</p><p></p><p>People were slowly filing back into the courtroom now. Sue Ellen and her lawyer took their places at the defense table. She wouldn't even look in his direction. He wished he could see her eyes. He needed to know if she was okay.</p><p></p><p>"JR, I swear I want to shoot you myself!"</p><p></p><p>JR looked up to see a furious looking Miss Ellie. "Mama, I'm sorry. I didn't know."</p><p></p><p>"It's bad enough that you slept with Sue Ellen's sister! But getting her pregnant! What is WRONG with you?"</p><p></p><p>"I didn't do it on purpose…"</p><p></p><p>JR was interrupted by the judge entering the courtroom. "All rise!"</p><p></p><p>The judge sat down and banged his gavel. "You may be seated. The state has rested its case. The defense may call it's first witness."</p><p></p><p>Kiefer stood up and tried to figure out what to do. He couldn't call Sue Ellen yet. Kristen's revelations had upset her too badly. She was so fragile right now that she would break for sure under cross examination.</p><p></p><p>He looked around the courtroom. Several of JR's mistresses and business rivals were there ready to testify. But they wouldn't help at all now. What he needed was damage control. He glanced over at the Ewings and made up his mind. He hated to do it, but it's not like he hadn't warned that it could come to this.</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Kiefer?" The judge snapped.</p><p></p><p>"Sorry, your honor. The defense calls Miss Lucy Ewing to the stand."</p><p></p><p>Lucy gasped in shock and stood up. </p><p></p><p>"Objection!" The DA shot out of his chair. "Miss Ewing isn't on the witness list "</p><p></p><p>"If the esteemed DA will look harder, she is listed as a POSSIBLE witness in one of the addendums."</p><p></p><p>The judge shuffled through some papers and shrugged. "So she is. Objection overruled."</p><p></p><p>Lucy walked to the witness stand and was sworn in. She took her seat and cast a nervous glance at JR.</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ewing," Kiefer began, "have you and I met before?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"When?"</p><p></p><p>"At your office in Houston. Right after Sue Ellen was arrested."</p><p></p><p>'Why did you come to see me?"</p><p></p><p>Lucy looked at her grandfather and silently prayed. "To hire you to defend her."</p><p></p><p>The courtroom erupted in gasps.</p><p></p><p>"Did you give me any money?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I paid your fee and I gave you a million dollars in cash to pay her bail."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, my God," Sue Ellen cried out. "It was you, Lucy?"</p><p></p><p>"Order in this court!" The judge banged his gavel. "Mrs. Ewing, no more outbursts!"</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ewing, the money you gave me, was it yours?"</p><p></p><p>"No. I don't have that kind of money. I was acting on behalf of someone else."</p><p></p><p>"Who?"</p><p></p><p>"My uncle."</p><p></p><p>"Which uncle?"</p><p></p><p>"JR."</p><p></p><p>The crowd began gasping and murmuring again. Sue Ellen's eyes grew as wide a saucers and she was shaking.</p><p></p><p>"JR Ewing gave you the money to pay his wife's bail and to hire me to be her lawyer?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And later he gave me the money to get her an apartment and pay all her bills."</p><p></p><p>"Why did he go through you? Why not contact me himself?"</p><p></p><p>"He knew my granddaddy would be upset. He knew he'd look at his finances to try to figure out who was helping Sue Ellen. He knew no one would check me out because I don't have anything. So he liquidated one of his shell companies that no one knew about and told me to take care of everything."</p><p></p><p>"Did he say why he wanted to help his wife? I mean, she had just been arrested for trying to kill him."</p><p></p><p>"He said it wasn't her fault. That whatever she did, he drove her to it. He said…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"He said he loved her and she didn't deserve to go to jail because he was a bastard."</p><p></p><p>"Do you think she should go to jail?"</p><p></p><p>"No, I do not," Lucy said firmly. "If she shot him, he deserved it. She never would have hurt a fly if he hadn't hurt her over and over. Whatever she is now, JR made her that way."</p><p></p><p>"Did you believe she was guilty?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Lucy shrugged. "I figured that finally, after all those years of taking JR's abuse she finally snapped."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Miss Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"Does the state wish to cross examine?" The judge asked.</p><p></p><p>"Just one question, your honor," the DA rose.</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ewing, you have no first hand knowledge about the shooting and whether or not Mrs. Ewing pulled the trigger or what her state of mind was on that evening. Your testimony doesn't shed any light whatsoever on what happened the night of the shooting, correct?"</p><p></p><p>"Correct," Lucy said stiffly.</p><p></p><p>"Nothing further."</p><p></p><p>"The witness will step down. Mr. Kiefer, call your next witness."</p><p></p><p>"The defense recalls JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p>JR stood up. He patted Lucy on the shoulder as she walked past him. </p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing," the judge said as JR sat down in the witness box, "I remind you that you're still under oath."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded and fixed his eyes on Sue Ellen. She looked pale, as if she might pass out at any moment.</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing," Kiefer got his attention. "You heard your niece's testimony. Was it truthful?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR answered. "I'm Sue Ellen's anonymous benefactor."</p><p></p><p>"Why didn't you tell her?"</p><p></p><p>"I was afraid she wouldn't accept help from me."</p><p></p><p>"You also heard Miss Sheppard testify that she saw your wife shoot you."</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"Does that make you regret helping her?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Like Lucy said, whatever she did, I pushed her to it. She isn't responsible. I am."</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing, even knowing a witness says she saw your wife shoot you, do you still love her?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Yes, I do. She was drunk. I'd been extremely cruel to her that night. She'd just heard that I may have fathered a child with her own sister. That would have been too much for anyone to take."</p><p></p><p>"Do you forgive her?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I just hope one day she can forgive me."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Mr. Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"Does the state wish to redirect?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, your honor," the DA stood. "Mr Ewing, you believe your wife snapped because she found out your sister-in-law was pregnant with your child?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"Then explain to me why she already had the gun in her possession when she went to see her sister." </p><p></p><p>"Excuse me?"</p><p></p><p>"She took the gun before she knew about any baby. That seems like premeditation to me."</p><p></p><p>"She didn't plan to shoot me," JR growled.</p><p></p><p>"You're hardly a good judge of her intentions, Mr. Ewing. As you say, you love her. No further questions."</p><p></p><p>"The court will stand in recess until tomorrow morning," the judge said.</p><p></p><p>Kiefer looked at Sue Ellen and shook his head. He needed to get her out of there. She looked horrible. And who could blame her? After everything she'd been shocked with today, it was a damn miracle she was still upright and breathing.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 262324, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Ten: *** "Sue Ellen, how could you not tell me!" "I told you I had no memory of that night!" Kiefer slammed his fist into the wall and growled in frustration. Kristen had destroyed them. She testified that the night of the shooting, Sue Ellen had come to her apartment, drunk and furious. She said that she and Sue Ellen had fought. Kristen had told her she was pregnant with JR's child. She said Sue Ellen had exploded in a violent rage and hit her, then stormed out of the apartment. Kristen said she'd been worried about her sister driving drunk so she'd followed her. She said Sue Ellen drove straight to Ewing Oil and had shot JR right before Kristen's eyes. Kiefer had been shocked. He'd tried to lessen the impact of the testimony by painting Kristen as a liar and an adulterer, but the damage was done. "We have to change our strategy now, Sue Ellen. I have to convince the jury that you were under such emotional stress that you snapped." "I don't think she's telling the truth! I remember being in a car, but I wasn't driving!" "Well, I hope for your sake you can remember everything that happened - and fast. Otherwise, you're going to prison, Sue Ellen. And I can't stop it." *** JE sat in the courtroom alone. He didn't dare leave his seat. As soon as he did, he knew the press would overwhelm him. Kristen was pregnant - or at least she claimed she was pregnant. And she'd told Sue Ellen the night of the shooting. For the first time, JR had to admit, at least to himself, that Sue Ellen had been the one who shot him. Not that he could blame her. But it still hurt to actually believe it. People were slowly filing back into the courtroom now. Sue Ellen and her lawyer took their places at the defense table. She wouldn't even look in his direction. He wished he could see her eyes. He needed to know if she was okay. "JR, I swear I want to shoot you myself!" JR looked up to see a furious looking Miss Ellie. "Mama, I'm sorry. I didn't know." "It's bad enough that you slept with Sue Ellen's sister! But getting her pregnant! What is WRONG with you?" "I didn't do it on purpose…" JR was interrupted by the judge entering the courtroom. "All rise!" The judge sat down and banged his gavel. "You may be seated. The state has rested its case. The defense may call it's first witness." Kiefer stood up and tried to figure out what to do. He couldn't call Sue Ellen yet. Kristen's revelations had upset her too badly. She was so fragile right now that she would break for sure under cross examination. He looked around the courtroom. Several of JR's mistresses and business rivals were there ready to testify. But they wouldn't help at all now. What he needed was damage control. He glanced over at the Ewings and made up his mind. He hated to do it, but it's not like he hadn't warned that it could come to this. "Mr. Kiefer?" The judge snapped. "Sorry, your honor. The defense calls Miss Lucy Ewing to the stand." Lucy gasped in shock and stood up. "Objection!" The DA shot out of his chair. "Miss Ewing isn't on the witness list " "If the esteemed DA will look harder, she is listed as a POSSIBLE witness in one of the addendums." The judge shuffled through some papers and shrugged. "So she is. Objection overruled." Lucy walked to the witness stand and was sworn in. She took her seat and cast a nervous glance at JR. "Miss Ewing," Kiefer began, "have you and I met before?" "Yes." "When?" "At your office in Houston. Right after Sue Ellen was arrested." 'Why did you come to see me?" Lucy looked at her grandfather and silently prayed. "To hire you to defend her." The courtroom erupted in gasps. "Did you give me any money?" "Yes. I paid your fee and I gave you a million dollars in cash to pay her bail." "Oh, my God," Sue Ellen cried out. "It was you, Lucy?" "Order in this court!" The judge banged his gavel. "Mrs. Ewing, no more outbursts!" "Miss Ewing, the money you gave me, was it yours?" "No. I don't have that kind of money. I was acting on behalf of someone else." "Who?" "My uncle." "Which uncle?" "JR." The crowd began gasping and murmuring again. Sue Ellen's eyes grew as wide a saucers and she was shaking. "JR Ewing gave you the money to pay his wife's bail and to hire me to be her lawyer?" "Yes. And later he gave me the money to get her an apartment and pay all her bills." "Why did he go through you? Why not contact me himself?" "He knew my granddaddy would be upset. He knew he'd look at his finances to try to figure out who was helping Sue Ellen. He knew no one would check me out because I don't have anything. So he liquidated one of his shell companies that no one knew about and told me to take care of everything." "Did he say why he wanted to help his wife? I mean, she had just been arrested for trying to kill him." "He said it wasn't her fault. That whatever she did, he drove her to it. He said…" "What?" "He said he loved her and she didn't deserve to go to jail because he was a bastard." "Do you think she should go to jail?" "No, I do not," Lucy said firmly. "If she shot him, he deserved it. She never would have hurt a fly if he hadn't hurt her over and over. Whatever she is now, JR made her that way." "Did you believe she was guilty?" "Yeah," Lucy shrugged. "I figured that finally, after all those years of taking JR's abuse she finally snapped." "Thank you, Miss Ewing." "Does the state wish to cross examine?" The judge asked. "Just one question, your honor," the DA rose. "Miss Ewing, you have no first hand knowledge about the shooting and whether or not Mrs. Ewing pulled the trigger or what her state of mind was on that evening. Your testimony doesn't shed any light whatsoever on what happened the night of the shooting, correct?" "Correct," Lucy said stiffly. "Nothing further." "The witness will step down. Mr. Kiefer, call your next witness." "The defense recalls JR Ewing." JR stood up. He patted Lucy on the shoulder as she walked past him. "Mr. Ewing," the judge said as JR sat down in the witness box, "I remind you that you're still under oath." JR nodded and fixed his eyes on Sue Ellen. She looked pale, as if she might pass out at any moment. "Mr. Ewing," Kiefer got his attention. "You heard your niece's testimony. Was it truthful?" "Yes," JR answered. "I'm Sue Ellen's anonymous benefactor." "Why didn't you tell her?" "I was afraid she wouldn't accept help from me." "You also heard Miss Sheppard testify that she saw your wife shoot you." "Yes." "Does that make you regret helping her?" "No. Like Lucy said, whatever she did, I pushed her to it. She isn't responsible. I am." "Mr. Ewing, even knowing a witness says she saw your wife shoot you, do you still love her?" "Yes. Yes, I do. She was drunk. I'd been extremely cruel to her that night. She'd just heard that I may have fathered a child with her own sister. That would have been too much for anyone to take." "Do you forgive her?" "Yes. I just hope one day she can forgive me." "Thank you, Mr. Ewing." "Does the state wish to redirect?" "Yes, your honor," the DA stood. "Mr Ewing, you believe your wife snapped because she found out your sister-in-law was pregnant with your child?" "Yes." "Then explain to me why she already had the gun in her possession when she went to see her sister." "Excuse me?" "She took the gun before she knew about any baby. That seems like premeditation to me." "She didn't plan to shoot me," JR growled. "You're hardly a good judge of her intentions, Mr. Ewing. As you say, you love her. No further questions." "The court will stand in recess until tomorrow morning," the judge said. Kiefer looked at Sue Ellen and shook his head. He needed to get her out of there. She looked horrible. And who could blame her? After everything she'd been shocked with today, it was a damn miracle she was still upright and breathing. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top