Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 262425" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twelve:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?" Pam put her arm around the other woman. "If you can't do this, you don't have to."</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "I finally remember what happened. I want to tell you. I want to tell HIM. I'm just scared.</p><p></p><p>"It's alright, honey," JR softly assured her. "I promise, I won't lose my temper."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and took a deep breath.</p><p></p><p>"JR, after we argued that night, I was so angry. And scared. I knew if you succeeded in putting me in a sanitarium, I would lose everything, including John Ross. I didn't know what to do. So I drank. I drank so much…"</p><p></p><p>"It's okay, Sue Ellen," JR coaxed her. "Go on honey."</p><p></p><p>"I took the gun from the closet. But I wasn't coming to see you."</p><p></p><p>"You went to Kristen's," Pam said. "Why?"</p><p></p><p>"I hated her so much. I know it doesn't make sense, but I blamed her for everything. I drove to her apartment. When I got there she wasn't alone."</p><p></p><p>"What? Someone else was there?" Kiefer asked.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she looked up at JR. "Jordan Lee. They were clearly having a romantic evening. He left when I got there. Embarrassed to have been caught. Kristen and I fought. I told her I was going to tell JR about Jordan. She laughed and said he wouldn't care when she told him she was carrying his child. I…"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," JR's voice was full of sadness. He walked over and squatted down in front of her, taking her hands in his, "I'm so sorry, honey."</p><p></p><p>"I lost my temper. There was a vase with flowers on the counter. I picked it up and threw it at her. Glass and water went everywhere. She bent to pick the broken vase up and cut her hand on the jagged glass. That's why I remembered the colors and the water. The flowers were pink and blue. The red was from her blood. The water from the vase."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Sue Ellen…" Pam breathed out.</p><p></p><p>"We argued some more. She told me that JR was going to put me away, divorce me, then marry her. She said he had already made plans to get rid of me and that he couldn't stand the sight of me. She said she was going to take my place at Southfork and raise her baby...and mine. I was so angry. Hurt and ashamed. I pulled the gun out of my purse."</p><p></p><p>She stopped and began sobbing. JR pulled her closely to him and gently rubbed her back. "Now honey, there was never the slightest chance that would have happened."</p><p></p><p>"She offered me a drink. God help me, I took it. Then another. Of course I put the gun down. She picked it up. After a while she said we should go see JR together. Confront him and let him choose for himself which one of us he wanted. I agreed. She drove. By the time we got to the office, I was having second thoughts. I didn't want to go in. I pleaded with her to just take me to a hotel so I could sleep it off. She refused and said we needed to get JR to make a decision once and for all. I gave in."</p><p></p><p>She paused for a minute and took a deep breath. "May I have some water?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course!" Pam jumped up and went into the kitchen. She came back a few moments later and handed Sue Ellen a glass. Sue Ellen took a long drink and then continued.</p><p></p><p>"When we got to the office, it was dark. But the door to JR's office was open. She pulled the gun out of her purse. I was scared. JR had his back to us. She aimed the gun right at him. I tried to…" she broke off in a deep sob. </p><p></p><p>"Shhhh," JR comforted her. "It's not your fault, sweetheart."</p><p></p><p>"Yes it is, JR!" She cried. "I tried to take the gun from her. I didn't want her to hurt you. We struggled. The gun went off...there were shots. I saw you fall. I wanted to call the police but...oh, JR, I was so drunk. She said you were dead and we needed to save ourselves! I let her take me back to her apartment. I had another drink and passed out."</p><p></p><p>JR growled under his breath, pulled her fully into his arms, and sat down, settling her in his lap. "Now honey, you listen to me. This isn't your fault. None of it."</p><p></p><p>"Don't you see, JR? You were hurt. And I just left you there!"</p><p></p><p>"You were too drunk to understand what you were doing, honey. I don't blame you. Please don't blame yourself."</p><p></p><p>Kiefer watched as JR gently stroked Sue Ellen's hair and nuzzled her neck. "Sue Ellen, I'm sorry. But there's an important detail I need to ask about."</p><p></p><p>"What?" She asked, her voice muffled against JR's chest.</p><p></p><p>"Your prints were on the gun, hers weren't. Think hard. Was she wearing gloves?"</p><p></p><p>"I…" Sue Ellen sat up and focused her teary eyes on her lawyer's face. "Yes! Yes! Black leather gloves!"</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Kiefer said, standing up. "I'll get a continuance based on Sue Ellen's mental and physical state. Are you willing to tell the judge she needs a day or two?" He asked Dr. Elby.</p><p></p><p>"Absolutely."</p><p></p><p>"JR, I know you want to be with Sue Ellen, but I need you. Let Pam take her to lie down. You and I have a lot of work to do."</p><p></p><p>"What kind of work?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p>"I need you to put all that power and influence to work for us. I need a search warrant, I need phone records, I need bank records."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," JR agreed. He pulled back slightly and kissed the top of Sue Ellen's head. "Go with Pam, honey. I'll come check on you in a bit."</p><p></p><p>"I'm so sorry, JR," she whispered to him.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, you haven't done anything wrong. I caused this. All of it. I'm the one who should be begging you for forgiveness. Now, you go on with Pam. I have work to do, honey."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded, stood up, and let Pam lead her into the bedroom.</p><p></p><p>JR stood up and walked to the telephone. He picked it up, dialed a number, and held the phone to his ear. "McSween? JR here. I need you. Right now. And find me a friendly judge, would you?"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Jesus," Lucy shook her head. "Poor Sue Ellen!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Bobby grimaced. "Pam is really worried about her."</p><p></p><p>"She didn't mean to shoot him," Lucy said thoughtfully. "The DA will have to take that into consideration, right?"</p><p></p><p>"I would think so. At the very least, he can't get a conviction for first degree now."</p><p></p><p>"What's going to happen to Kristen?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't know," Bobby sighed. "But as mad as JR is about Sue Ellen being so hurt by all this? Well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in that woman's shoes."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"The judge only gave us 24 hours. Is that enough time?"</p><p></p><p>"Should be," McSween looked up at Kiefer. "I'll get my judge to sign the search warrants and then my men will go to work."</p><p></p><p>"Just remember, you're looking for one item in particular, a pair of black leather gloves. That's the most important thing."</p><p></p><p>"If she still has them, we'll find them."</p><p></p><p>"Pray she didn't get rid of them. Without those gloves, Sue Ellen doesn't stand a chance."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Do you understand me, Sue Ellen? Do you understand why I have to leave you for a little while?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she said sadly. "I understand."</p><p></p><p>She was lying on her bed on her side, facing away from him. He was sitting on the bed next to her, his hand resting lightly on her hip.</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, honey, but if she is pregnant and that baby is mine…"</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen...have I lost you?"</p><p></p><p>He heard her cry softly and cursed himself for the thousandth time. "Sue Ellen, is it over? I need to know."</p><p></p><p>"I don't know how to answer that, JR," she cried. "I need some time."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey."</p><p></p><p>He stood up and nodded to Pam who was sitting in a chair in the corner. "Take care of her. I'll be back as soon as I can."</p><p></p><p>"I will," Pam promised, standing up and taking his place beside Sue Ellen on the bed. "Good luck, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded again and glanced back at the bed. "I know it's not worth much for you to hear this right now, but I do love you, Sue Ellen. And I am so very sorry."</p><p></p><p>She didn't reply, just cried harder. He watched Pam comfort her and turned to leave the room.</p><p></p><p>He prayed she would give him another chance. But he wouldn't blame her one bit if she refused.</p><p></p><p>He'd destroyed her. And now they all had to live with the consequences.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen rolled over and glanced at her bedside clock.</p><p></p><p>Almost 3 a.m.</p><p></p><p>Pam had spent the night with her. She was sleeping on the couch. Everyone else was gone. Kiefer </p><p>had gone back to his hotel to get a few hours sleep before he had to start going through Kristen's phone and financial records. Dr. Elby had left with instructions for her to call him immediately if she felt the urge to drink. And JR…</p><p></p><p>She had no idea where JR was spending his night. He'd gone with McSween to push a judge to sign off on the needed search warrants. He wanted Kristen's medical records. It seemed to Sue Ellen that he was more concerned about that baby than he was about her.</p><p></p><p>He had claimed over and over that he loved her. But he'd been playing another sick game with her for weeks. Part of her understood why he didn't want her to know that he'd been the one paying her bills, but why question her about it constantly? Why accuse her of having a lover keeping her up when he knew it was him?</p><p></p><p>She loved him. She knew she probably would always love him. But she would never understand him.</p><p></p><p>And now she was going to prison. JR would no doubt find another wife quickly. And her son, her precious John Ross would be raised by another woman alongside Kristen's bastard at Southfork.</p><p></p><p>JR would move on with his life and forget about her rather quickly. He kept saying this was all his fault, but it was Sue Ellen who would be suffering the consequences.</p><p></p><p>"Damn you, JR," she cried, "you finally destroyed me completely."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 262425, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twelve: *** "Sue Ellen?" Pam put her arm around the other woman. "If you can't do this, you don't have to." "No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "I finally remember what happened. I want to tell you. I want to tell HIM. I'm just scared. "It's alright, honey," JR softly assured her. "I promise, I won't lose my temper." Sue Ellen nodded and took a deep breath. "JR, after we argued that night, I was so angry. And scared. I knew if you succeeded in putting me in a sanitarium, I would lose everything, including John Ross. I didn't know what to do. So I drank. I drank so much…" "It's okay, Sue Ellen," JR coaxed her. "Go on honey." "I took the gun from the closet. But I wasn't coming to see you." "You went to Kristen's," Pam said. "Why?" "I hated her so much. I know it doesn't make sense, but I blamed her for everything. I drove to her apartment. When I got there she wasn't alone." "What? Someone else was there?" Kiefer asked. "Yes," she looked up at JR. "Jordan Lee. They were clearly having a romantic evening. He left when I got there. Embarrassed to have been caught. Kristen and I fought. I told her I was going to tell JR about Jordan. She laughed and said he wouldn't care when she told him she was carrying his child. I…" "Sue Ellen," JR's voice was full of sadness. He walked over and squatted down in front of her, taking her hands in his, "I'm so sorry, honey." "I lost my temper. There was a vase with flowers on the counter. I picked it up and threw it at her. Glass and water went everywhere. She bent to pick the broken vase up and cut her hand on the jagged glass. That's why I remembered the colors and the water. The flowers were pink and blue. The red was from her blood. The water from the vase." "Oh, Sue Ellen…" Pam breathed out. "We argued some more. She told me that JR was going to put me away, divorce me, then marry her. She said he had already made plans to get rid of me and that he couldn't stand the sight of me. She said she was going to take my place at Southfork and raise her baby...and mine. I was so angry. Hurt and ashamed. I pulled the gun out of my purse." She stopped and began sobbing. JR pulled her closely to him and gently rubbed her back. "Now honey, there was never the slightest chance that would have happened." "She offered me a drink. God help me, I took it. Then another. Of course I put the gun down. She picked it up. After a while she said we should go see JR together. Confront him and let him choose for himself which one of us he wanted. I agreed. She drove. By the time we got to the office, I was having second thoughts. I didn't want to go in. I pleaded with her to just take me to a hotel so I could sleep it off. She refused and said we needed to get JR to make a decision once and for all. I gave in." She paused for a minute and took a deep breath. "May I have some water?" "Of course!" Pam jumped up and went into the kitchen. She came back a few moments later and handed Sue Ellen a glass. Sue Ellen took a long drink and then continued. "When we got to the office, it was dark. But the door to JR's office was open. She pulled the gun out of her purse. I was scared. JR had his back to us. She aimed the gun right at him. I tried to…" she broke off in a deep sob. "Shhhh," JR comforted her. "It's not your fault, sweetheart." "Yes it is, JR!" She cried. "I tried to take the gun from her. I didn't want her to hurt you. We struggled. The gun went off...there were shots. I saw you fall. I wanted to call the police but...oh, JR, I was so drunk. She said you were dead and we needed to save ourselves! I let her take me back to her apartment. I had another drink and passed out." JR growled under his breath, pulled her fully into his arms, and sat down, settling her in his lap. "Now honey, you listen to me. This isn't your fault. None of it." "Don't you see, JR? You were hurt. And I just left you there!" "You were too drunk to understand what you were doing, honey. I don't blame you. Please don't blame yourself." Kiefer watched as JR gently stroked Sue Ellen's hair and nuzzled her neck. "Sue Ellen, I'm sorry. But there's an important detail I need to ask about." "What?" She asked, her voice muffled against JR's chest. "Your prints were on the gun, hers weren't. Think hard. Was she wearing gloves?" "I…" Sue Ellen sat up and focused her teary eyes on her lawyer's face. "Yes! Yes! Black leather gloves!" "Alright," Kiefer said, standing up. "I'll get a continuance based on Sue Ellen's mental and physical state. Are you willing to tell the judge she needs a day or two?" He asked Dr. Elby. "Absolutely." "JR, I know you want to be with Sue Ellen, but I need you. Let Pam take her to lie down. You and I have a lot of work to do." "What kind of work?" JR asked. "I need you to put all that power and influence to work for us. I need a search warrant, I need phone records, I need bank records." "Alright," JR agreed. He pulled back slightly and kissed the top of Sue Ellen's head. "Go with Pam, honey. I'll come check on you in a bit." "I'm so sorry, JR," she whispered to him. "Sue Ellen, you haven't done anything wrong. I caused this. All of it. I'm the one who should be begging you for forgiveness. Now, you go on with Pam. I have work to do, honey." Sue Ellen nodded, stood up, and let Pam lead her into the bedroom. JR stood up and walked to the telephone. He picked it up, dialed a number, and held the phone to his ear. "McSween? JR here. I need you. Right now. And find me a friendly judge, would you?" *** "Jesus," Lucy shook her head. "Poor Sue Ellen!" "Yes," Bobby grimaced. "Pam is really worried about her." "She didn't mean to shoot him," Lucy said thoughtfully. "The DA will have to take that into consideration, right?" "I would think so. At the very least, he can't get a conviction for first degree now." "What's going to happen to Kristen?" "I don't know," Bobby sighed. "But as mad as JR is about Sue Ellen being so hurt by all this? Well, I sure as hell wouldn't want to be in that woman's shoes." *** "The judge only gave us 24 hours. Is that enough time?" "Should be," McSween looked up at Kiefer. "I'll get my judge to sign the search warrants and then my men will go to work." "Just remember, you're looking for one item in particular, a pair of black leather gloves. That's the most important thing." "If she still has them, we'll find them." "Pray she didn't get rid of them. Without those gloves, Sue Ellen doesn't stand a chance." *** "Do you understand me, Sue Ellen? Do you understand why I have to leave you for a little while?" "Yes," she said sadly. "I understand." She was lying on her bed on her side, facing away from him. He was sitting on the bed next to her, his hand resting lightly on her hip. "I'm sorry, honey, but if she is pregnant and that baby is mine…" "I know, JR." "Sue Ellen...have I lost you?" He heard her cry softly and cursed himself for the thousandth time. "Sue Ellen, is it over? I need to know." "I don't know how to answer that, JR," she cried. "I need some time." "Alright, honey." He stood up and nodded to Pam who was sitting in a chair in the corner. "Take care of her. I'll be back as soon as I can." "I will," Pam promised, standing up and taking his place beside Sue Ellen on the bed. "Good luck, JR." JR nodded again and glanced back at the bed. "I know it's not worth much for you to hear this right now, but I do love you, Sue Ellen. And I am so very sorry." She didn't reply, just cried harder. He watched Pam comfort her and turned to leave the room. He prayed she would give him another chance. But he wouldn't blame her one bit if she refused. He'd destroyed her. And now they all had to live with the consequences. *** Sue Ellen rolled over and glanced at her bedside clock. Almost 3 a.m. Pam had spent the night with her. She was sleeping on the couch. Everyone else was gone. Kiefer had gone back to his hotel to get a few hours sleep before he had to start going through Kristen's phone and financial records. Dr. Elby had left with instructions for her to call him immediately if she felt the urge to drink. And JR… She had no idea where JR was spending his night. He'd gone with McSween to push a judge to sign off on the needed search warrants. He wanted Kristen's medical records. It seemed to Sue Ellen that he was more concerned about that baby than he was about her. He had claimed over and over that he loved her. But he'd been playing another sick game with her for weeks. Part of her understood why he didn't want her to know that he'd been the one paying her bills, but why question her about it constantly? Why accuse her of having a lover keeping her up when he knew it was him? She loved him. She knew she probably would always love him. But she would never understand him. And now she was going to prison. JR would no doubt find another wife quickly. And her son, her precious John Ross would be raised by another woman alongside Kristen's bastard at Southfork. JR would move on with his life and forget about her rather quickly. He kept saying this was all his fault, but it was Sue Ellen who would be suffering the consequences. "Damn you, JR," she cried, "you finally destroyed me completely." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top