Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 262528" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Fourteen:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well, go ahead, Sue Ellen," JR grunted. "Ask me whatever you want."</p><p></p><p>"Why did you interrogate me over and over about who was paying my bills? Why did you accuse me.of having a lover?"</p><p></p><p>"Because you did have a lover, Sue Ellen. Recently anyway."</p><p></p><p>"How do you know that?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm not stupid, woman," he growled. "I watch you, even though you don't notice. I know how you act when another man is in your life. Why the hell do you think I was so mad at you? So nasty? I was jealous. Pure and simple."</p><p></p><p>"You're right, JR. I did have a lover. But he's gone now. He's been gone a while."</p><p></p><p>"What happened?"</p><p></p><p>"That doesn't matter now. And just because you suspected I was having an affair, you knew damn well no lover was helping me. So why constantly accuse me?"</p><p></p><p>"I wanted to see how you reacted," JR shrugged. "I wanted to know if he was still in your life. You told me he wasn't and I believed you. I only accused you of having a lover to keep you up once, honey."</p><p></p><p>"That's your first lie JR. You said more than once it was a man who…"</p><p></p><p>"A man who was obsessed with you," he finished for her. "A man who wanted you. That wasn't a lie honey. It was the truth. I just didn't tell you I was that man. I was kind of hoping you'd get the hint and figure out it was me."</p><p></p><p>"If you wanted me to know, why not just tell me?"</p><p></p><p>"I was afraid to, honey. And you know why."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen shook her head and sighed heavily. "Why didn't you ever tell me you went to see the doctor after I told you I was pregnant with John Ross? Why didn't you ever tell me what he told you?"</p><p></p><p>"I knew if I did, you'd use it against me. I already felt like less of a man. I didn't need you believing that too."</p><p></p><p>"I would never have thought that, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Wouldn't you have, honey? Maybe not. But you would have thrown it up in my face everytime we argued and you know it."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Sue Ellen confessed softly. "I probably would have."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, I was always careful anyway. With Kristen, with every woman. I didn't want a child with anyone but you."</p><p></p><p>"And you really believe Kristen's child isn't yours?"</p><p></p><p>"I guess there's a chance. But it's a small one. You and I had a damn healthy sex life in the early days. You only got pregnant once - with John Ross. And like I said, I was careful."</p><p></p><p>"But if the child does turn out to be yours?"</p><p></p><p>"I won't lie about it, Sue Ellen. If it's my baby, I'm going to want it."</p><p></p><p>"And her? Will you want my sister too?"</p><p></p><p>"No, Sue Ellen. I swear I want nothing to do with her."</p><p></p><p>"I hope not, JR. Because after tomorrow, Kristen will be toxic."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I know. And I don't care."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, is there anything else you want to ask him before we start outlining tomorrow's defense strategy?" Kiefer asked after a few minutes of silence.</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen answered him. "I have other questions, but they can wait."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Kiefer said. "Tomorrow I'm putting Jordan Lee on the stand. He'll testify that Kristen told him that he was the father of her baby and was blackmailing him. Then we'll put JR up again. He's going to have to testify about his medical condition and about some very unpleasant intimate details about his relationship with Kristen. We might need Barnes again too. It's going to embarrass your family again," he glanced up at Bobby and Pam.</p><p></p><p>"We'll deal with it," Bobby said.</p><p></p><p>"Last we'll put McSween up. He's the key. He needs to explain why the jury should suspect Kristen instead of Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"What if there's no physical evidence against Kristen?" Pam asked. "What if they didn't find anything useful in her apartment?"</p><p></p><p>"Then he's going to have to sell the motive and the circumstantial evidence hard. I'm afraid Detective McSween is going to have to put on an acting performance worthy of an Oscar."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I told you not to worry!" Kristen snapped. "Everything is still under control. So what if we have to testify again? Just stick to the story and we'll be fine! Stop acting like a little whiny girl."</p><p></p><p>She slammed down the phone and growled. Every man in her life was so damned weak….</p><p></p><p>Well, every man except JR. She knew he was coming after her to save his precious Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p>But it would all be for nothing. Kristen was more than a match for JR Ewing.</p><p></p><p>Big sister would soon be tucked away in prison and JR would be hers for the taking.</p><p></p><p>And she couldn't wait.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Tomorrow's going to be a long day," Bobby sighed, standing up. "We'd all better get back to Southfork and get some rest."</p><p></p><p>"I think I should stay here with Sue Ellen and John Ross," Pam said. "I don't want her to be alone."</p><p></p><p>"I'll stay with her," JR insisted. "I'll bring John Ross by the ranch before I go to the courthouse tomorrow."</p><p></p><p>"I don't know if that's a good idea," Pam hesitated. "She might not want you here, JR."</p><p></p><p>"He can stay," Sue Ellen cut in. No one had seen her come into the kitchen until she spoke. "On the couch," she said firmly, looking JR right in the eyes.</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey," JR chuckled. "The couch it is."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Bobby stood up and took Pam by the hand. "We'll see you two in the morning."</p><p></p><p>Pam hugged Sue Ellen. "Call me if you need anything."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Pam," Sue Ellen smiled at her friend, "for everything."</p><p></p><p>Pam nodded and followed Bobby out of the apartment. "Why do you think she let JR stay?" She asked Bobby once they were out in the hallway.</p><p></p><p>"She needs him," Bobby told her. "Always has, always will."</p><p></p><p>"It's a shame those two can't get their act together."</p><p></p><p>"Yes it is," Bobby agreed. "A damn crying shame."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Here's a pillow and some sheets and blankets," Sue Ellen said, putting the items on the couch. "You should have everything you need."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Sue Ellen," he moved to stand directly in front of him. "And thank you for letting me stay."</p><p></p><p>"I could hardly say no," she muttered. "After all, you're paying the rent."</p><p></p><p>"Is that the only reason you let me stay?" He asked her softly.</p><p></p><p>"Why did you want to?" She deflected.</p><p></p><p>"Because I need to be close to you, Sue Ellen," he reached out and brushed a stray lock of hair from her face. "Why did you agree?"</p><p></p><p>"Because I…" she hesitated and swallowed hard. "I guess I need to be close to you too. At least for tonight."</p><p></p><p>"Just for tonight?"</p><p></p><p>"I can't think about what's going to happen after tomorrow, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey," he bent his head and placed a soft, gentle kiss on her lips."Goodnight, Sue Ellen. I love you, honey."</p><p></p><p>"Goodnight, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR watched her walk into her bedroom and shut the door. She hadn't said that she loved him too, but she was at least accepting his attention.</p><p></p><p>That had to mean something.</p><p></p><p>Maybe she could find it in her heart to forgive him after all.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 262528, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Fourteen: *** "Well, go ahead, Sue Ellen," JR grunted. "Ask me whatever you want." "Why did you interrogate me over and over about who was paying my bills? Why did you accuse me.of having a lover?" "Because you did have a lover, Sue Ellen. Recently anyway." "How do you know that?" "I'm not stupid, woman," he growled. "I watch you, even though you don't notice. I know how you act when another man is in your life. Why the hell do you think I was so mad at you? So nasty? I was jealous. Pure and simple." "You're right, JR. I did have a lover. But he's gone now. He's been gone a while." "What happened?" "That doesn't matter now. And just because you suspected I was having an affair, you knew damn well no lover was helping me. So why constantly accuse me?" "I wanted to see how you reacted," JR shrugged. "I wanted to know if he was still in your life. You told me he wasn't and I believed you. I only accused you of having a lover to keep you up once, honey." "That's your first lie JR. You said more than once it was a man who…" "A man who was obsessed with you," he finished for her. "A man who wanted you. That wasn't a lie honey. It was the truth. I just didn't tell you I was that man. I was kind of hoping you'd get the hint and figure out it was me." "If you wanted me to know, why not just tell me?" "I was afraid to, honey. And you know why." Sue Ellen shook her head and sighed heavily. "Why didn't you ever tell me you went to see the doctor after I told you I was pregnant with John Ross? Why didn't you ever tell me what he told you?" "I knew if I did, you'd use it against me. I already felt like less of a man. I didn't need you believing that too." "I would never have thought that, JR." "Wouldn't you have, honey? Maybe not. But you would have thrown it up in my face everytime we argued and you know it." "Yes," Sue Ellen confessed softly. "I probably would have." "Sue Ellen, I was always careful anyway. With Kristen, with every woman. I didn't want a child with anyone but you." "And you really believe Kristen's child isn't yours?" "I guess there's a chance. But it's a small one. You and I had a damn healthy sex life in the early days. You only got pregnant once - with John Ross. And like I said, I was careful." "But if the child does turn out to be yours?" "I won't lie about it, Sue Ellen. If it's my baby, I'm going to want it." "And her? Will you want my sister too?" "No, Sue Ellen. I swear I want nothing to do with her." "I hope not, JR. Because after tomorrow, Kristen will be toxic." "Yes. I know. And I don't care." "Sue Ellen, is there anything else you want to ask him before we start outlining tomorrow's defense strategy?" Kiefer asked after a few minutes of silence. "No," Sue Ellen answered him. "I have other questions, but they can wait." "Alright," Kiefer said. "Tomorrow I'm putting Jordan Lee on the stand. He'll testify that Kristen told him that he was the father of her baby and was blackmailing him. Then we'll put JR up again. He's going to have to testify about his medical condition and about some very unpleasant intimate details about his relationship with Kristen. We might need Barnes again too. It's going to embarrass your family again," he glanced up at Bobby and Pam. "We'll deal with it," Bobby said. "Last we'll put McSween up. He's the key. He needs to explain why the jury should suspect Kristen instead of Sue Ellen." "What if there's no physical evidence against Kristen?" Pam asked. "What if they didn't find anything useful in her apartment?" "Then he's going to have to sell the motive and the circumstantial evidence hard. I'm afraid Detective McSween is going to have to put on an acting performance worthy of an Oscar." *** "I told you not to worry!" Kristen snapped. "Everything is still under control. So what if we have to testify again? Just stick to the story and we'll be fine! Stop acting like a little whiny girl." She slammed down the phone and growled. Every man in her life was so damned weak…. Well, every man except JR. She knew he was coming after her to save his precious Sue Ellen. But it would all be for nothing. Kristen was more than a match for JR Ewing. Big sister would soon be tucked away in prison and JR would be hers for the taking. And she couldn't wait. *** "Tomorrow's going to be a long day," Bobby sighed, standing up. "We'd all better get back to Southfork and get some rest." "I think I should stay here with Sue Ellen and John Ross," Pam said. "I don't want her to be alone." "I'll stay with her," JR insisted. "I'll bring John Ross by the ranch before I go to the courthouse tomorrow." "I don't know if that's a good idea," Pam hesitated. "She might not want you here, JR." "He can stay," Sue Ellen cut in. No one had seen her come into the kitchen until she spoke. "On the couch," she said firmly, looking JR right in the eyes. "Alright, honey," JR chuckled. "The couch it is." "Alright," Bobby stood up and took Pam by the hand. "We'll see you two in the morning." Pam hugged Sue Ellen. "Call me if you need anything." "Thank you, Pam," Sue Ellen smiled at her friend, "for everything." Pam nodded and followed Bobby out of the apartment. "Why do you think she let JR stay?" She asked Bobby once they were out in the hallway. "She needs him," Bobby told her. "Always has, always will." "It's a shame those two can't get their act together." "Yes it is," Bobby agreed. "A damn crying shame." *** "Here's a pillow and some sheets and blankets," Sue Ellen said, putting the items on the couch. "You should have everything you need." "Thank you, Sue Ellen," he moved to stand directly in front of him. "And thank you for letting me stay." "I could hardly say no," she muttered. "After all, you're paying the rent." "Is that the only reason you let me stay?" He asked her softly. "Why did you want to?" She deflected. "Because I need to be close to you, Sue Ellen," he reached out and brushed a stray lock of hair from her face. "Why did you agree?" "Because I…" she hesitated and swallowed hard. "I guess I need to be close to you too. At least for tonight." "Just for tonight?" "I can't think about what's going to happen after tomorrow, JR." "Alright, honey," he bent his head and placed a soft, gentle kiss on her lips."Goodnight, Sue Ellen. I love you, honey." "Goodnight, JR." JR watched her walk into her bedroom and shut the door. She hadn't said that she loved him too, but she was at least accepting his attention. That had to mean something. Maybe she could find it in her heart to forgive him after all. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top