Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 263077" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Nineteen:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR sat at the kitchen counter and drank his coffee. He's been up for hours. He'd kept his word to Sue Ellen and hadn't made any move for sex, but the longer he held her, the more his body demanded her take her. He finally decided it was useless to try to sleep and got up.</p><p></p><p>Bobby had called a few minutes ago. There was nothing new on Cliff, but he'd given JR some troubling news. Patricia Sheppard had come to Southfork and she was demanding to see her daughter. That was the last thing Sue Ellen needed right now. Her mother was a viper. Sue Ellen always had trouble dealing with her, and given the current set of circumstances, Patricia was bound to be even more difficult than usual.</p><p></p><p>"JR?" Sue Ellen's voice interrupted his thoughts. "It's almost nine. Why didn't you wake me?"</p><p></p><p>"Good morning, darlin'," he smiled at her. "I thought you needed your rest."</p><p></p><p>"Any news on Cliff or Kristen?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Nothing."</p><p></p><p>JR stood up, poured her a cup of coffee, and handed it to her. She took the cup and gasped in surprise when he bent his head to kiss her. "Needed to say a proper good morning," he said when he lifted his head.</p><p></p><p>She smiled at him and took a seat at the kitchen bar. "What do you have planned today?"</p><p></p><p>"Believe it or not, nothing. I'll need to talk to Harry about the search for Kristen at some point. Other than that, I thought I'd stick close to you."</p><p></p><p>"Really? I thought that now that the trial was over, you'd want to get back to Ewing Oil and get it away from Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, I'll get around to that," he said. "Don't see any reason to be in a big hurry about it. I have other things to concentrate on right now."</p><p></p><p>"Like me?"</p><p></p><p>"Like you," he smiled and winked at her. He took a drink of his coffee and sighed deeply. "Sue Ellen, I have to tell you something."</p><p></p><p>"What did you do?"</p><p></p><p>"Nothing," he chuckled, "this time it wasn't me."</p><p></p><p>"What then?"</p><p></p><p>"Honey... your mother showed up at Southfork last night. She wants to see you."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, God," all the color drained from her face. "She probably knows about the trial and about Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," he said softly.</p><p></p><p>"I suppose I have to see her."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR proceeded with caution. He didn't want her to think he was treating her like a child. "Want to know how I think you should handle it?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"I'll go to Southfork and get her. Then the three of us can meet somewhere in public for lunch."</p><p></p><p>"Why in public?"</p><p></p><p>"Because your mother is less likely to make a scene in public, honey."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip. "What about John Ross?"</p><p></p><p>"He can stay at the ranch with Lucy. She can bring him to you later. Also…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Well, I was wondering if it would be alright if I brought some things here to the apartment. Getting tiresome driving all the way out to the ranch every morning to change clothes."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen smiled at him and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Alright, JR. We'll go with your plan. With one small exception."</p><p></p><p>"What's that?"</p><p></p><p>"After lunch with Mother, you and I will talk to Harry together. Then we'll go to Southfork together and collect our son and your things."</p><p></p><p>"You sure?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she nodded her head firmly. "If I am going to be forced to deal with my mother today, I may as well go on and deal with your parents too. Get it all over with at once."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey. If that's what you want."</p><p></p><p>"It's not what I want. But it's what I have to do to put all this awfulness behind me."</p><p></p><p>"Behind us," he corrected her.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she said softly. "Behind us."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well, what now?" Phillips asked McSween. They'd hit one dead end after another in their search for Kristen.</p><p></p><p>"Not sure. We talked to every lover. None of them have seen her. We have traps on all their phones. We're watching her credit cards. We have an APB out on her. Seems like we're doing all we can."</p><p></p><p>"She has to have someone helping her. There's just no way she could pull off a disappearing act like this all on her own."</p><p></p><p>"I don't know. She's pretty resourceful. But we need to find her soon. She already shot Barnes. Her next target could be the Ewings."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing?" </p><p></p><p>Pam lifted her head and nodded at the doctor who had just come into Cliff's room. "Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"He did well last night. I'm much more optimistic about his chances for survival."</p><p></p><p>"How long will he be asleep?"</p><p></p><p>"Hard to say. Between the medication and his body's need to heal itself, it could be a while."</p><p></p><p>"Yesterday you said that he would never be the same. What did you mean?"</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing, his hip is shattered. His large intestine is severely damaged. He'll need a colostomy bag and a wheelchair. His recovery will be very long and very difficult."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Cliff," Pam sighed sadly.</p><p></p><p>"He's lucky to be alive, Mrs. Ewing. All any of us can do now is wait and pray."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Why isn't Sue Ellen here at Southfork?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie put her orange juice down and looked Patricia in the eyes. "I think that's something you should discuss with your daughter."</p><p></p><p>"Why? Did you ask her to leave?"</p><p></p><p>"It's a very complicated situation and as I said, it's best for you to talk to Sue Ellen about it."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Ellie, but none of this makes sense. I come here to see my daughter, and not only is she not here but JR isn't either. And they're together! After all he's done to her!"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen and JR have a very deep bond."</p><p></p><p>"Not so deep that it prevents him from sleeping with every floozy in Dallas!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Including your other daughter."</p><p></p><p>"None of this is Kristen's fault! Obviously, JR seduced her!"</p><p></p><p>Ellie took a deep, steadying breath and forced herself to maintain control. "I won't have you sit at my table and insult my son."</p><p></p><p>"It's alright, Mama," JR came into the dining room. He walked over and bent to kiss his mother on the cheek. "Patricia," he straightened and nodded at his mother-in-law. "Let's go."</p><p></p><p>"I'm not going anywhere with you!"</p><p></p><p>"Fine," JR shrugged. "I'll just tell Sue Ellen you don't want to see her then."</p><p></p><p>"You're taking me to see Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. The three of us are having lunch together."</p><p></p><p>"The three of us?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. She doesn't want to be alone with you."</p><p></p><p>"That's rich. After all you've done to her, she trusts you but not me."</p><p></p><p>"It's the way it is," JR snapped. "You can take it or leave it."</p><p></p><p>"Fine. I guess I don't have any choice."</p><p></p><p>"No. You don't. And pack your things. I don't know where you're going after lunch, but you're damn sure not coming back to Southfork."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Think he'll pull through?"</p><p></p><p>Bobby looked up from the stack of papers on his desk and shrugged. "Pam says his chances have improved since last night."</p><p></p><p>"That's too bad," Jock grunted. "Taking Barnes out would have been the only decent thing Kristen ever did."</p><p></p><p>"I want you to be careful and not talk like that in front of Pam."</p><p></p><p>"I know better than that," Jock said defensively.</p><p></p><p>"I hope so," Bobby sighed. "Because we have enough problems at Southfork. We don't need a new one."</p><p></p><p>"Speaking of problems, have you talked to your brother about bringing his wife home?"</p><p></p><p>"No. And I'm not going to. JR and Sue Ellen are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. They're under enough pressure without me putting my nose in their business."</p><p></p><p>"This foolishness has gone on long enough. I won't have that woman taking my grandson away from me just because her tender feelings got hurt!"</p><p></p><p>"That woman," Bobby narrowed his eyes on Jock's face, "is John Ross's mother. She can take him wherever she wants, whenever she wants. And I'd be careful with her right now. JR has got it in his head that he wants to save his marriage. You go after Sue Ellen, he won't take kindly to it."</p><p></p><p>"Don't you worry about your brother. I have a way to get him back in line."</p><p></p><p>Bobby resisted the urge to ask him what he meant. As curious as he was about what his father was going to do, he decided he would probably be a lot better off if he didn't know.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>""Hang on a second," JR stopped Patricia from getting out of the car. They'd been silent the entire ride from Southfork to the restaurant where they were meeting Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p>"What?" Patricia snapped impatiently.</p><p></p><p>"Behave yourself. She's been through a lot. Don't upset her."</p><p></p><p>"Whatever she's been through, you caused."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR didn't deny it. "I hurt her. But that's between us. And it doesn't mean I'll sit back and watch anyone else hurt her."</p><p></p><p>"I don't want to hurt her, JR. I just want to talk to her. Like it or not, I'm still her mother."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, you are. That's the only reason I'm letting you see her at all."</p><p></p><p>"Can I get out of the car now?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Just remember what I said."</p><p></p><p>He watched as Patricia climbed out of the car and headed into the restaurant. He had a bad feeling about this.</p><p></p><p>He didn't know why, but he got the feeling that Patricia was up to no good.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen rubbed at her temples and sighed heavily. It had been a simply awful day.</p><p></p><p>Lunch with her mother had been an unmitigated disaster. Patricia had railed on and on about JR's affairs, the public humiliation, and the fate of "poor, innocent Kristen." She'd pleaded with Sue Ellen to leave JR once and for all and demand a large divorce settlement. She'd tried to guilt JR into pressuring McSween to give up searching for Kristen and to use his influence to convince the new DA that Kristen's crimes were the result of mental and emotional stress brought on by his treatment of her.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen has listened patiently to her mother for a very long time. Finally she informed her cooly that she was not planning to divorce her husband and that Kristen was responsible for her own actions and had to take responsibility for them.</p><p></p><p>She'd been so proud of JR. He had sat silently and let Patricia go on and on. He never raised his voice and he never tried to defend himself. He left it up to Sue Ellen to respond to her mother's ravings.</p><p></p><p>After the lunch was finished, Sue Ellen had been so upset that she'd asked JR to take her mother to a hotel and then go ahead with the meeting with McSween without her. Her head was pounding and she didn't have the energy to listen to any news about her sister.</p><p></p><p>Her doorbell rang and she forced herself to stand. She walked to the door and smiled a relieved sigh when she saw it was JR.</p><p></p><p>"Hi, honey," he said, placing a light kiss on her forehead.</p><p></p><p>"Hi, JR. Did you get Mother to a hotel?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I even carried her bags in for her," JR chuckled.</p><p></p><p>"How awful was the ride?"</p><p></p><p>"Not awful at all," he told her, taking a seat on the couch and pulling her down beside him. "She didn't say one word the whole way."</p><p></p><p>"Thank God for small miracles," Sue Ellen sighed. "How did it go with McSween?"</p><p></p><p>"Not good. He has no leads, no clues. Kristen could be anywhere."</p><p></p><p>"She'll surface eventually. I know my sister. Two things make her tick; money and attention. She'll be needing both soon."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I agree. Sue Ellen, McSween wants to put a trap on your phone and the phone at Southfork in case she tries to contact us."</p><p></p><p>"That's fine, JR," Sue Ellen said. "It's a good idea."</p><p></p><p>He studied her eyes and watched as she rubbed at her forehead. "Headache?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. That tends to happen when I see my mother."</p><p></p><p>He pulled her closer to him and she laid her head on his shoulder. </p><p></p><p>"Do you want to skip dinner tonight? My parents won't be any more pleasant than your mother was."</p><p></p><p>"I wish we could skip it," Sue Ellen grumbled. "But I need to get it over with."</p><p></p><p>"They're going to pressure you to come back to Southfork."</p><p></p><p>"I know."</p><p></p><p>"Made up your mind about that?"</p><p></p><p>"Not really. I know I can't go back right now. But I won't rule it out in the future. I know you want to live there."</p><p></p><p>JR kissed the top of her head and smiled. He doubted she realized what she had given away today. She'd defended him passionately to her mother and now she was admitting that what he wanted would influence where she would live.</p><p></p><p>She'd decided to stay married to him. It might be a while before she could say so outright and to him, but he was thrilled beyond words that she already seemed to have settled it in her mind.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"I… thank you. For standing up to me with Patricia. I don't deserve to be defended, but the fact that you defended me anyway just made me so happy and proud."</p><p></p><p>"You're my husband, JR. Whatever horrible things have happened between us, it's our business. No one else's. I won't stand for anyone else using our problems to run you down. Not even my mother."</p><p></p><p>He dipped his head and captured her mouth in a gentle kiss. "I love you," he told her when he finally lifted his head."</p><p></p><p>She smiled and stood up. "I'd better get ready for dinner," she told him. "We need to make a stop on the way to Southfork."</p><p></p><p>"Where?"</p><p></p><p>"We need to have a key for the apartment made for you. It's silly for you to be ringing the doorbell if you're going to be staying here."</p><p></p><p>A huge grin broke out over his face as he watched her walk into her bedroom.</p><p></p><p>His wife was staying with him. After all he'd done to her, she was giving him another chance. </p><p></p><p>And this time, he was going to do right by her. Even if it killed him.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 263077, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Nineteen: *** JR sat at the kitchen counter and drank his coffee. He's been up for hours. He'd kept his word to Sue Ellen and hadn't made any move for sex, but the longer he held her, the more his body demanded her take her. He finally decided it was useless to try to sleep and got up. Bobby had called a few minutes ago. There was nothing new on Cliff, but he'd given JR some troubling news. Patricia Sheppard had come to Southfork and she was demanding to see her daughter. That was the last thing Sue Ellen needed right now. Her mother was a viper. Sue Ellen always had trouble dealing with her, and given the current set of circumstances, Patricia was bound to be even more difficult than usual. "JR?" Sue Ellen's voice interrupted his thoughts. "It's almost nine. Why didn't you wake me?" "Good morning, darlin'," he smiled at her. "I thought you needed your rest." "Any news on Cliff or Kristen?" "No. Nothing." JR stood up, poured her a cup of coffee, and handed it to her. She took the cup and gasped in surprise when he bent his head to kiss her. "Needed to say a proper good morning," he said when he lifted his head. She smiled at him and took a seat at the kitchen bar. "What do you have planned today?" "Believe it or not, nothing. I'll need to talk to Harry about the search for Kristen at some point. Other than that, I thought I'd stick close to you." "Really? I thought that now that the trial was over, you'd want to get back to Ewing Oil and get it away from Bobby." "Oh, I'll get around to that," he said. "Don't see any reason to be in a big hurry about it. I have other things to concentrate on right now." "Like me?" "Like you," he smiled and winked at her. He took a drink of his coffee and sighed deeply. "Sue Ellen, I have to tell you something." "What did you do?" "Nothing," he chuckled, "this time it wasn't me." "What then?" "Honey... your mother showed up at Southfork last night. She wants to see you." "Oh, God," all the color drained from her face. "She probably knows about the trial and about Kristen." "Yes," he said softly. "I suppose I have to see her." "Yes," JR proceeded with caution. He didn't want her to think he was treating her like a child. "Want to know how I think you should handle it?" "Yes." "I'll go to Southfork and get her. Then the three of us can meet somewhere in public for lunch." "Why in public?" "Because your mother is less likely to make a scene in public, honey." Sue Ellen chewed at her bottom lip. "What about John Ross?" "He can stay at the ranch with Lucy. She can bring him to you later. Also…" "What?" "Well, I was wondering if it would be alright if I brought some things here to the apartment. Getting tiresome driving all the way out to the ranch every morning to change clothes." Sue Ellen smiled at him and leaned over to kiss his cheek. "Alright, JR. We'll go with your plan. With one small exception." "What's that?" "After lunch with Mother, you and I will talk to Harry together. Then we'll go to Southfork together and collect our son and your things." "You sure?" "Yes," she nodded her head firmly. "If I am going to be forced to deal with my mother today, I may as well go on and deal with your parents too. Get it all over with at once." "Alright, honey. If that's what you want." "It's not what I want. But it's what I have to do to put all this awfulness behind me." "Behind us," he corrected her. "Yes," she said softly. "Behind us." *** "Well, what now?" Phillips asked McSween. They'd hit one dead end after another in their search for Kristen. "Not sure. We talked to every lover. None of them have seen her. We have traps on all their phones. We're watching her credit cards. We have an APB out on her. Seems like we're doing all we can." "She has to have someone helping her. There's just no way she could pull off a disappearing act like this all on her own." "I don't know. She's pretty resourceful. But we need to find her soon. She already shot Barnes. Her next target could be the Ewings." *** "Mrs. Ewing?" Pam lifted her head and nodded at the doctor who had just come into Cliff's room. "Yes?" "He did well last night. I'm much more optimistic about his chances for survival." "How long will he be asleep?" "Hard to say. Between the medication and his body's need to heal itself, it could be a while." "Yesterday you said that he would never be the same. What did you mean?" "Mrs. Ewing, his hip is shattered. His large intestine is severely damaged. He'll need a colostomy bag and a wheelchair. His recovery will be very long and very difficult." "Oh, Cliff," Pam sighed sadly. "He's lucky to be alive, Mrs. Ewing. All any of us can do now is wait and pray." *** "Why isn't Sue Ellen here at Southfork?" Ellie put her orange juice down and looked Patricia in the eyes. "I think that's something you should discuss with your daughter." "Why? Did you ask her to leave?" "It's a very complicated situation and as I said, it's best for you to talk to Sue Ellen about it." "I'm sorry, Ellie, but none of this makes sense. I come here to see my daughter, and not only is she not here but JR isn't either. And they're together! After all he's done to her!" "Sue Ellen and JR have a very deep bond." "Not so deep that it prevents him from sleeping with every floozy in Dallas!" "Yes. Including your other daughter." "None of this is Kristen's fault! Obviously, JR seduced her!" Ellie took a deep, steadying breath and forced herself to maintain control. "I won't have you sit at my table and insult my son." "It's alright, Mama," JR came into the dining room. He walked over and bent to kiss his mother on the cheek. "Patricia," he straightened and nodded at his mother-in-law. "Let's go." "I'm not going anywhere with you!" "Fine," JR shrugged. "I'll just tell Sue Ellen you don't want to see her then." "You're taking me to see Sue Ellen?" "Yes. The three of us are having lunch together." "The three of us?" "Yes. She doesn't want to be alone with you." "That's rich. After all you've done to her, she trusts you but not me." "It's the way it is," JR snapped. "You can take it or leave it." "Fine. I guess I don't have any choice." "No. You don't. And pack your things. I don't know where you're going after lunch, but you're damn sure not coming back to Southfork." *** "Think he'll pull through?" Bobby looked up from the stack of papers on his desk and shrugged. "Pam says his chances have improved since last night." "That's too bad," Jock grunted. "Taking Barnes out would have been the only decent thing Kristen ever did." "I want you to be careful and not talk like that in front of Pam." "I know better than that," Jock said defensively. "I hope so," Bobby sighed. "Because we have enough problems at Southfork. We don't need a new one." "Speaking of problems, have you talked to your brother about bringing his wife home?" "No. And I'm not going to. JR and Sue Ellen are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. They're under enough pressure without me putting my nose in their business." "This foolishness has gone on long enough. I won't have that woman taking my grandson away from me just because her tender feelings got hurt!" "That woman," Bobby narrowed his eyes on Jock's face, "is John Ross's mother. She can take him wherever she wants, whenever she wants. And I'd be careful with her right now. JR has got it in his head that he wants to save his marriage. You go after Sue Ellen, he won't take kindly to it." "Don't you worry about your brother. I have a way to get him back in line." Bobby resisted the urge to ask him what he meant. As curious as he was about what his father was going to do, he decided he would probably be a lot better off if he didn't know. *** ""Hang on a second," JR stopped Patricia from getting out of the car. They'd been silent the entire ride from Southfork to the restaurant where they were meeting Sue Ellen. "What?" Patricia snapped impatiently. "Behave yourself. She's been through a lot. Don't upset her." "Whatever she's been through, you caused." "Yes," JR didn't deny it. "I hurt her. But that's between us. And it doesn't mean I'll sit back and watch anyone else hurt her." "I don't want to hurt her, JR. I just want to talk to her. Like it or not, I'm still her mother." "Yes, you are. That's the only reason I'm letting you see her at all." "Can I get out of the car now?" "Yes. Just remember what I said." He watched as Patricia climbed out of the car and headed into the restaurant. He had a bad feeling about this. He didn't know why, but he got the feeling that Patricia was up to no good. *** Sue Ellen rubbed at her temples and sighed heavily. It had been a simply awful day. Lunch with her mother had been an unmitigated disaster. Patricia had railed on and on about JR's affairs, the public humiliation, and the fate of "poor, innocent Kristen." She'd pleaded with Sue Ellen to leave JR once and for all and demand a large divorce settlement. She'd tried to guilt JR into pressuring McSween to give up searching for Kristen and to use his influence to convince the new DA that Kristen's crimes were the result of mental and emotional stress brought on by his treatment of her. Sue Ellen has listened patiently to her mother for a very long time. Finally she informed her cooly that she was not planning to divorce her husband and that Kristen was responsible for her own actions and had to take responsibility for them. She'd been so proud of JR. He had sat silently and let Patricia go on and on. He never raised his voice and he never tried to defend himself. He left it up to Sue Ellen to respond to her mother's ravings. After the lunch was finished, Sue Ellen had been so upset that she'd asked JR to take her mother to a hotel and then go ahead with the meeting with McSween without her. Her head was pounding and she didn't have the energy to listen to any news about her sister. Her doorbell rang and she forced herself to stand. She walked to the door and smiled a relieved sigh when she saw it was JR. "Hi, honey," he said, placing a light kiss on her forehead. "Hi, JR. Did you get Mother to a hotel?" "Yes. I even carried her bags in for her," JR chuckled. "How awful was the ride?" "Not awful at all," he told her, taking a seat on the couch and pulling her down beside him. "She didn't say one word the whole way." "Thank God for small miracles," Sue Ellen sighed. "How did it go with McSween?" "Not good. He has no leads, no clues. Kristen could be anywhere." "She'll surface eventually. I know my sister. Two things make her tick; money and attention. She'll be needing both soon." "Yes, I agree. Sue Ellen, McSween wants to put a trap on your phone and the phone at Southfork in case she tries to contact us." "That's fine, JR," Sue Ellen said. "It's a good idea." He studied her eyes and watched as she rubbed at her forehead. "Headache?" "Yes. That tends to happen when I see my mother." He pulled her closer to him and she laid her head on his shoulder. "Do you want to skip dinner tonight? My parents won't be any more pleasant than your mother was." "I wish we could skip it," Sue Ellen grumbled. "But I need to get it over with." "They're going to pressure you to come back to Southfork." "I know." "Made up your mind about that?" "Not really. I know I can't go back right now. But I won't rule it out in the future. I know you want to live there." JR kissed the top of her head and smiled. He doubted she realized what she had given away today. She'd defended him passionately to her mother and now she was admitting that what he wanted would influence where she would live. She'd decided to stay married to him. It might be a while before she could say so outright and to him, but he was thrilled beyond words that she already seemed to have settled it in her mind. "Sue Ellen?" "Yes?" "I… thank you. For standing up to me with Patricia. I don't deserve to be defended, but the fact that you defended me anyway just made me so happy and proud." "You're my husband, JR. Whatever horrible things have happened between us, it's our business. No one else's. I won't stand for anyone else using our problems to run you down. Not even my mother." He dipped his head and captured her mouth in a gentle kiss. "I love you," he told her when he finally lifted his head." She smiled and stood up. "I'd better get ready for dinner," she told him. "We need to make a stop on the way to Southfork." "Where?" "We need to have a key for the apartment made for you. It's silly for you to be ringing the doorbell if you're going to be staying here." A huge grin broke out over his face as he watched her walk into her bedroom. His wife was staying with him. After all he'd done to her, she was giving him another chance. And this time, he was going to do right by her. Even if it killed him. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top