Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 263378" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen!" Ellie got off the couch and hugged her daughter-in-law when she and JR came into the living room from the foyer. "It's so good to have you here."</p><p></p><p>"Welcome home," Jock nodded at her. "Can I fix the two of you a drink?"</p><p></p><p>"Just club soda for me," Sue Ellen smiled at him.</p><p></p><p>"My usual," JR answered.</p><p></p><p>"John Ross has been an angel all day," Ellie told Sue Ellen. "He'll be so happy to see you."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled again. "I'd like to go upstairs and see him before dinner."</p><p></p><p>"You go right ahead," Ellie told her. "I'll have Teresa hold dinner for a bit."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen said again.</p><p></p><p>"Want some company?" Pam asked.</p><p></p><p>"I'd love some," Sue Ellen nodded at her.</p><p></p><p>"I notice you didn't bring in any suitcases with you," Jock growled at JR once the women had disappeared up the stairs.</p><p></p><p>"We're only here for dinner," JR said firmly. "Sue Ellen isn't ready to talk about coming home yet, so don't try to pressure her."</p><p></p><p>"And what about you, boy?" Jock demanded. "Don't you want your wife and son back at Southfork?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course I do. But not until she's ready. I'm not going to strong arm her."</p><p></p><p>"I have something to talk to you about after dinner that might change your mind," Jock told him.</p><p></p><p>"That's enough, Jock," Ellie warned. "No more of that talk. Let's just have a nice family dinner for a change."</p><p></p><p>Bobby watched the scene silently and wondered what his father was up to. JR had made it clear he wasn't going to force Sue Ellen to come back to the ranch until she was ready. Why was Jock so sure he could change JR's mind?</p><p></p><p>Something wasn't right, and Bobby had a bad feeling that whatever Jock was up to, it wasn't any good.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Wouldn't they all be surprised to realize she'd never left Dallas…</p><p></p><p>Kristen smiled at her reflection in the hotel mirror. It was true that they said about pregnant women - she really WAS glowing.</p><p></p><p>A frown crossed her lips when it occurred to her what a shame it was that no one could see how good she looked.</p><p></p><p>"No worries," she said to herself, turning away from the window. "Soon enough, everyone will see me. Sue Ellen will be out of the picture for good and JR would be presenting me to the world as his new fiance."</p><p></p><p>This was all just a bump in the road. Things would be back on track soon.</p><p></p><p>"And Sue Ellen won't know what hit her until it's too late for her to do a damn thing about it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I need to say something," Jock spoke up. The chatter around the dinner table stopped immediately. "Sue Ellen, Ellie and I should have stood by you after you were arrested. We should have known you'd never hurt JR. I apologize for my actions and I would like for you to come home."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen cast a nervous glance at JR who simply raised his eyebrow at her.</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Jock," she finally said after a few minutes of silence. "That means the world to me. Truly. I…"</p><p></p><p>She hesitated and took a deep breath. "I hope you understand that I just need a little time. So much has happened. JR and I… well, we have a lot to work through together. I just think we need some privacy and personal space. For now."</p><p></p><p>"I don't see why…"</p><p></p><p>"You heard her," JR cut off whatever his father had been going to say. "Your apology is appreciated and accepted. Now, who is ready for some dessert?"</p><p></p><p>Jock decided to let the matter drop. He would get JR alone after dinner and give him every reason in the world to get his family back to Southfork as soon as humanly possible.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen seems to be happy here," Jock told JR, fixing his eldest son a drink.</p><p></p><p>JR didn't reply. His father was right. Sue Ellen seemed to be having a good time with Pam, Lucy, and Miss Ellie. They were all sitting around the pool laughing and talking about….whatever women talked about when men weren't around.</p><p></p><p>"I know you're trying to make her happy, son. But you know she belongs here at Southfork with my grandson."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR finally said. "But I just think it's best to give her the time and space to let her come to that conclusion on her own."</p><p></p><p>"Women sometimes need a push in the right direction," Jock grunted. "Sometimes their emotions get in the way of logic."</p><p></p><p>"I'm not going to push her," JR insisted.</p><p></p><p>"Really?" Jock said doubtfully. "Not even for Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"You heard me boy. I'm giving you the opportunity of a lifetime. Get your wife and your boy back under this roof and I'll make you President of Ewing Oil again."</p><p></p><p>JR sucked in a deep breath. His father really WAS offering him the deal of a lifetime. "What about Bobby?" </p><p></p><p>"I'll handle Bobby," Jock growled. "Do we have a deal or not?"</p><p></p><p>"How long do I have?"</p><p></p><p>"I'll give you a week."</p><p></p><p>"Two weeks," JR countered. "This is a delicate situation."</p><p></p><p>"Fine," Jock agreed. "You have two weeks to get my grandson back on this ranch for good. Do that, and you get total control of my company. Fail and you're out for good. Understand me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah, I understand," JR replied. "You just take care of Bobby. I'll take care of Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"You'd better," Jock grumbled, "or you're done at Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen covered John Ross with a blanket and smiled. He looked so sweet when he was asleep.</p><p></p><p>JR came up behind her, put his hands around her waist, and pulled her close against his body.</p><p></p><p>"Out like a light," he whispered, placing soft kisses along her neck.</p><p></p><p>"JR…" she moaned his name. She wanted him desperately, but she was still afraid to make a total commitment to him.</p><p></p><p>JR sensed her hesitation and sighed. "Get ready for bed, honey. I'll take a cold shower and join you shortly."</p><p></p><p>"JR...I want to…'</p><p></p><p>"But you're not ready yet," he finished for her. "It's okay, Sue Ellen. You're worth waiting for."</p><p></p><p>"I had a nice time at Southfork tonight," she said softly when he let her go and backed away from her.</p><p></p><p>"I'm glad, darlin'. It took a lot for Daddy to swallow his pride and say he was sorry."</p><p></p><p>"I know. It meant a lot to me."</p><p></p><p>"You thought any more about moving back?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. But I feel like you and I should sort through our problems first."</p><p></p><p>"I agree," JR assured her. "Maybe we can have a serious talk tomorrow."</p><p></p><p>"I'd really like that, JR."</p><p></p><p>JR bit back a groan. She smiled at him so brightly her whole face lit up. "I'd better get that shower before I lose my head."</p><p></p><p>"I love you, you know."</p><p></p><p>"I know, honey," he said softly. "And I thank God for that."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Bobby laid in bed and stewed silently.</p><p></p><p>He'd been standing in the foyer when JR and Jock had their little talk and had overheard the whole thing.</p><p></p><p>JR hadn't changed at all. He was still willing to manipulate Sue Ellen and everyone else to get what he wanted.</p><p></p><p>This time, Bobby wasn't going to sit back and take it. He was going to make sure JR failed to hold up his end of his unholy bargain with their daddy.</p><p></p><p>As soon as Sue Ellen found out what was going on, she'd refuse to come home and Jock and JR would both be taught a lesson they would never forget.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 263378, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty: *** "Sue Ellen!" Ellie got off the couch and hugged her daughter-in-law when she and JR came into the living room from the foyer. "It's so good to have you here." "Welcome home," Jock nodded at her. "Can I fix the two of you a drink?" "Just club soda for me," Sue Ellen smiled at him. "My usual," JR answered. "John Ross has been an angel all day," Ellie told Sue Ellen. "He'll be so happy to see you." "Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen smiled again. "I'd like to go upstairs and see him before dinner." "You go right ahead," Ellie told her. "I'll have Teresa hold dinner for a bit." "Thank you, Miss Ellie," Sue Ellen said again. "Want some company?" Pam asked. "I'd love some," Sue Ellen nodded at her. "I notice you didn't bring in any suitcases with you," Jock growled at JR once the women had disappeared up the stairs. "We're only here for dinner," JR said firmly. "Sue Ellen isn't ready to talk about coming home yet, so don't try to pressure her." "And what about you, boy?" Jock demanded. "Don't you want your wife and son back at Southfork?" "Of course I do. But not until she's ready. I'm not going to strong arm her." "I have something to talk to you about after dinner that might change your mind," Jock told him. "That's enough, Jock," Ellie warned. "No more of that talk. Let's just have a nice family dinner for a change." Bobby watched the scene silently and wondered what his father was up to. JR had made it clear he wasn't going to force Sue Ellen to come back to the ranch until she was ready. Why was Jock so sure he could change JR's mind? Something wasn't right, and Bobby had a bad feeling that whatever Jock was up to, it wasn't any good. *** Wouldn't they all be surprised to realize she'd never left Dallas… Kristen smiled at her reflection in the hotel mirror. It was true that they said about pregnant women - she really WAS glowing. A frown crossed her lips when it occurred to her what a shame it was that no one could see how good she looked. "No worries," she said to herself, turning away from the window. "Soon enough, everyone will see me. Sue Ellen will be out of the picture for good and JR would be presenting me to the world as his new fiance." This was all just a bump in the road. Things would be back on track soon. "And Sue Ellen won't know what hit her until it's too late for her to do a damn thing about it." *** "I need to say something," Jock spoke up. The chatter around the dinner table stopped immediately. "Sue Ellen, Ellie and I should have stood by you after you were arrested. We should have known you'd never hurt JR. I apologize for my actions and I would like for you to come home." Sue Ellen cast a nervous glance at JR who simply raised his eyebrow at her. "Thank you, Jock," she finally said after a few minutes of silence. "That means the world to me. Truly. I…" She hesitated and took a deep breath. "I hope you understand that I just need a little time. So much has happened. JR and I… well, we have a lot to work through together. I just think we need some privacy and personal space. For now." "I don't see why…" "You heard her," JR cut off whatever his father had been going to say. "Your apology is appreciated and accepted. Now, who is ready for some dessert?" Jock decided to let the matter drop. He would get JR alone after dinner and give him every reason in the world to get his family back to Southfork as soon as humanly possible. *** "Sue Ellen seems to be happy here," Jock told JR, fixing his eldest son a drink. JR didn't reply. His father was right. Sue Ellen seemed to be having a good time with Pam, Lucy, and Miss Ellie. They were all sitting around the pool laughing and talking about….whatever women talked about when men weren't around. "I know you're trying to make her happy, son. But you know she belongs here at Southfork with my grandson." "Yes," JR finally said. "But I just think it's best to give her the time and space to let her come to that conclusion on her own." "Women sometimes need a push in the right direction," Jock grunted. "Sometimes their emotions get in the way of logic." "I'm not going to push her," JR insisted. "Really?" Jock said doubtfully. "Not even for Ewing Oil?" "What?" "You heard me boy. I'm giving you the opportunity of a lifetime. Get your wife and your boy back under this roof and I'll make you President of Ewing Oil again." JR sucked in a deep breath. His father really WAS offering him the deal of a lifetime. "What about Bobby?" "I'll handle Bobby," Jock growled. "Do we have a deal or not?" "How long do I have?" "I'll give you a week." "Two weeks," JR countered. "This is a delicate situation." "Fine," Jock agreed. "You have two weeks to get my grandson back on this ranch for good. Do that, and you get total control of my company. Fail and you're out for good. Understand me?" "Yeah, I understand," JR replied. "You just take care of Bobby. I'll take care of Sue Ellen." "You'd better," Jock grumbled, "or you're done at Ewing Oil." *** Sue Ellen covered John Ross with a blanket and smiled. He looked so sweet when he was asleep. JR came up behind her, put his hands around her waist, and pulled her close against his body. "Out like a light," he whispered, placing soft kisses along her neck. "JR…" she moaned his name. She wanted him desperately, but she was still afraid to make a total commitment to him. JR sensed her hesitation and sighed. "Get ready for bed, honey. I'll take a cold shower and join you shortly." "JR...I want to…' "But you're not ready yet," he finished for her. "It's okay, Sue Ellen. You're worth waiting for." "I had a nice time at Southfork tonight," she said softly when he let her go and backed away from her. "I'm glad, darlin'. It took a lot for Daddy to swallow his pride and say he was sorry." "I know. It meant a lot to me." "You thought any more about moving back?" "Yes. But I feel like you and I should sort through our problems first." "I agree," JR assured her. "Maybe we can have a serious talk tomorrow." "I'd really like that, JR." JR bit back a groan. She smiled at him so brightly her whole face lit up. "I'd better get that shower before I lose my head." "I love you, you know." "I know, honey," he said softly. "And I thank God for that." *** Bobby laid in bed and stewed silently. He'd been standing in the foyer when JR and Jock had their little talk and had overheard the whole thing. JR hadn't changed at all. He was still willing to manipulate Sue Ellen and everyone else to get what he wanted. This time, Bobby wasn't going to sit back and take it. He was going to make sure JR failed to hold up his end of his unholy bargain with their daddy. As soon as Sue Ellen found out what was going on, she'd refuse to come home and Jock and JR would both be taught a lesson they would never forget. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top