Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 263577" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty-one:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR stepped out of the shower and dried himself off roughly.</p><p></p><p>Taking cold showers was becoming a new way of life for him. </p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen had slept in his arms again last night. This morning he had been unable to resist temptation and had woken her up sweet kisses and the intent of making love to her. They'd engaged in some seriously heavy petting before John Ross had woken up and demanded his mother's attention from his playpen in the corner of the room.</p><p></p><p>JR clenched his jaw and took a deep breath. He was tense and frustrated. He'd promised Sue Ellen that he would give her time and space, but he didn't know how much longer he could hold out.</p><p></p><p>He wanted her.</p><p></p><p>And time was running short for him.</p><p></p><p>He only had two weeks to repair his marriage and to get his family back on Southfork according to Jick's terms.</p><p></p><p>He was going to have to ramp up his seduction campaign of his wife; promise to take it slow or not.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Are you going to the hospital this morning?" Bobby asked, straightening his tie in the mirror.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Pam nodded. She was sitting at her vanity putting on her jewelry. "Although not sure why I should bother. He doesn't even know I'm there."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sure he'll wake up soon," Bobby assured her, slipping on his jacket. </p><p></p><p>"Yes. And then he'll be facing a lot of serious questions from the police. Not to mention have to deal with all his health problems."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes," Bobby sighed. "Pam, I'm going to skip the family scene this morning and have breakfast in town."</p><p></p><p>"Why?" She asked. "Does it have something to do with whatever kept you up all night?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I'll tell you about it later. Let's just say I don't trust myself to be in my father's presence right now."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby…"</p><p></p><p>"Honey, please. I don't want to get into it right now."</p><p></p><p>"Alright. Just remember I love you."</p><p></p><p>"That's the one thing in this world I know I never have to doubt."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR!" Sue Ellen yelped at the sound of breaking glass.</p><p></p><p>"Sorry," he grunted testily. They were having breakfast at her kitchen counter. JR had slammed his glass down hard and it had shattered.</p><p></p><p>She sighed and began cleaning up the glass. "You're certainly in a mood this morning."</p><p></p><p>"Well, what do you expect, Sue Ellen?" He sneered. "Am I supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows when Bobby is running my company and I'm not allowed to touch my wife?!"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen stood up straight and narrowed her eyes on his face. "Well, JR, if you want your company back, I suggest you stop moping around here and get into the office and fight for it. As for not being allowed to touch me, you agreed with me that we needed to work on our marriage before we jumped back into bed together. Maybe if over the years you had spent more time touching me and less time touching my sister and your other whores, we wouldn't have so many wounds to heal!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR couldn't deny the truth of her words. "I know our problems are my fault. And I know we have to talk before we make love. But, I'm a man, Sue Ellen. I have needs that aren't being met. You can't expect me not to be frustrated about it!"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes darkened with worry and she turned away from him. JR was a man's man. He needed sex almost as much as he needed to breathe. She couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she continued to deny him sex. Would he go to another woman?</p><p></p><p>Of course he would, she answered her own question in her mind.</p><p></p><p>JR growled under his breath and stood up. He knew her too well not to know what she was thinking. "I'm not going to cheat, Sue Ellen," he told her. He put his arms on her shoulders and gently turned her around to face him. "I want to save our marriage. Taking another woman into my bed would kill any chance of that."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"I can wait, honey. All I'm saying is you need to cut me some slack when I get a little testy."</p><p></p><p>"Why do you cheat, JR? Don't I please you?"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"I need to know. If I don't give you what you need…"</p><p></p><p>JR shifted uncomfortably and struggled with his own emotions. He and Sue Ellen had never talked about their sex life. She was his wife. She was a lady - dignified and classy. She wasn't one of his lovers who he could just instruct to do what he wanted…</p><p></p><p>"JR? I don't please you, do I?" She asked again, her eyes full of tears.</p><p></p><p>"You please me," he told her. "But maybe.."</p><p></p><p>"What?" She pushed when he hesitated.</p><p></p><p>"Maybe I wasn't always as honest about what I wanted as I should have been."</p><p></p><p>"Why?"</p><p></p><p>"Because… oh hell, Sue Ellen, I can't talk about this!"</p><p></p><p>"Why not?"</p><p></p><p>"Because you.. you're…"</p><p></p><p>"I'm what, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Nevermind," he said shortly and released her. "I gotta go to the office."</p><p></p><p>"JR, please!"</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Sue Ellen," he crammed his hat onto his head and moved to the door. "I just can't talk about it with you."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen felt her tears on her cheeks as she watched him walk out of the apartment. </p><p></p><p>If he couldn't even talk to her about their problems, there was no chance they could ever save their marriage.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Kristen was bored out of her mind.</p><p></p><p>How much longer was she going to be stuck in this hotel room? She needed to get out.</p><p></p><p>She needed to see JR.</p><p></p><p>Mostly she needed Sue Ellen to be out of the picture for good.</p><p></p><p>She sighed and reminded herself of the need for patience.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen would be dealt with shortly. Then it would be only a matter of time before she would be installed as the new queen of Southfork.</p><p></p><p>The plan was already in motion. </p><p></p><p>All she had to do was sit back and wait.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen wanted to lock herself in a dark room and cry her eyes out.</p><p></p><p>Bobby had just left. He'd told her all about Jock's offer to JR and how JR had jumped at the opportunity.</p><p></p><p>Her marriage was beyond saving. </p><p></p><p>JR had made it clear this morning that he was unsatisfied with their sex life. Even if she agreed to sleep with him, it would only be a matter of time before he went to other women for what she couldn't give him. On top of that, he was willing to use and manipulate her love for him to get back on top at Ewing Oil.</p><p></p><p>"He'll never change," she cried softly. "Not ever."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Oh, good, Bob. Glad you're here," JR stuck his head into Bobby's office. "Got a minute?"</p><p></p><p>"What is it JR?" Bobby snapped. "I'm busy."</p><p></p><p>"Too busy to talk about the future of Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p>"What do you want?" Bobby asked again.</p><p></p><p>"To talk to you about our father and his crazy scheme to give me back the company."</p><p></p><p>"Wh...What?" Bobby stammered.</p><p></p><p>"You heard me," JR came in and sunk down into a chair. "He wants to kick you out as President and put me in instead - and he wants to use my wife to do it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, don't do this," Pam said softly. </p><p></p><p>Pam had left the hospital upset and worried over Cliff. She'd stopped by Sue Ellen's apartment to see if the other woman wanted to go to lunch and had found her packing her things.</p><p></p><p>"I can't stay here," Sue Ellen told her. "This apartment is just like everything else in my life - bought and paid for by JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"You're overreacting," Pam told her. "JR loves you."</p><p></p><p>"Does he?" Sue Ellen wondered, "or is it just that I'm a possession that he doesn't want to lose, like Ewing Oil?"</p><p></p><p>"I know he's a jerk, and the deal he made with Jock is just awful. But did it ever occur to you that he only agreed to it because he's already made up his own mind to heal your relationship and bring you home?"</p><p></p><p>"Stop defending him! He wants to use me to get Ewing Oil back and he won't even tell me.."</p><p></p><p>"Tell you what?"</p><p></p><p>"Why he doesn't want me."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"It's true, Pam. He isn't satisfied with…"</p><p></p><p>"With what?" Pam's eyes narrowed.</p><p></p><p>"He cheats because I can't please him in bed!" Sue Ellen burst out.</p><p></p><p>Pam couldn't help herself. She laughed out loud and shook her head.</p><p></p><p>"This isn't funny, Pam!"</p><p></p><p>"No, I guess it isn't," Pam caught her breath and forced herself to stop laughing. "Sue Ellen, you're my best friend in this world and I love you. So, please don't get offended by what I'm about to say."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Sit down," Pam sighed heavily. "It's time you and I have a talk about men and sex and love and marriage."</p><p></p><p>"Pam, I can't…"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, you can," Pam insisted. "Sit down, Sue Ellen. We have a lot to talk about and it's going to take some time."</p><p></p><p>**"</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Sheppard, you have to realize that like all invasive medical procedures this one comes with risks. I don't see why your daughter would want to put herself through this when it isn't medically necessary."</p><p></p><p>"Don't worry about the whys," Patricia told him. "Just take the cash and do what you're told.'</p><p></p><p>"You don't even know if the results will turn out like you want them to.</p><p></p><p>"I know exactly what the test will prove, because you are going to see to it that it does."</p><p></p><p>"You're asking me to put the life of a pregnant woman and her unborn child at risk for no medical reason. On top of that, you're asking me to manipulate the results of the test."</p><p></p><p>"I'm not ASKING you to do anything," she said cooly. "You will do exactly as I say. Unless of course you want the medical board to see that tape of you having sex with a patient right here in your examining room."</p><p></p><p>"No," the doctor sighed, defeated. "When are we doing it?"</p><p></p><p>"Tomorrow afternoon as soon as you close the office for the day."</p><p></p><p>"Alright."</p><p></p><p>"Don't look so glum," Patricia laughed. "After tomorrow, you'll be done. You'll never see me or Kristen again."</p><p></p><p>"If that's true," the doctor sighed, "then tomorrow will be the happiest day of my life."</p><p></p><p>Patricia nodded and walked out the back door of the office to her waiting car. Part of her hated what she was doing. Sue Ellen was her daughter and she loved her.</p><p></p><p>But she also loved Kristen. </p><p></p><p>The only way to keep Kristen out of jail was to make sure JR had a reason to keep her free.</p><p></p><p>She was sorry for Sue Ellen. But it had to be done. </p><p></p><p>And it had to be done quickly, before Kristen lost patience and did something that would make them all suffer.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 263577, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty-one: *** JR stepped out of the shower and dried himself off roughly. Taking cold showers was becoming a new way of life for him. Sue Ellen had slept in his arms again last night. This morning he had been unable to resist temptation and had woken her up sweet kisses and the intent of making love to her. They'd engaged in some seriously heavy petting before John Ross had woken up and demanded his mother's attention from his playpen in the corner of the room. JR clenched his jaw and took a deep breath. He was tense and frustrated. He'd promised Sue Ellen that he would give her time and space, but he didn't know how much longer he could hold out. He wanted her. And time was running short for him. He only had two weeks to repair his marriage and to get his family back on Southfork according to Jick's terms. He was going to have to ramp up his seduction campaign of his wife; promise to take it slow or not. *** "Are you going to the hospital this morning?" Bobby asked, straightening his tie in the mirror. "Yes," Pam nodded. She was sitting at her vanity putting on her jewelry. "Although not sure why I should bother. He doesn't even know I'm there." "I'm sure he'll wake up soon," Bobby assured her, slipping on his jacket. "Yes. And then he'll be facing a lot of serious questions from the police. Not to mention have to deal with all his health problems." "Yeah. Wouldn't want to be in his shoes," Bobby sighed. "Pam, I'm going to skip the family scene this morning and have breakfast in town." "Why?" She asked. "Does it have something to do with whatever kept you up all night?" "Yes. I'll tell you about it later. Let's just say I don't trust myself to be in my father's presence right now." "Bobby…" "Honey, please. I don't want to get into it right now." "Alright. Just remember I love you." "That's the one thing in this world I know I never have to doubt." *** "JR!" Sue Ellen yelped at the sound of breaking glass. "Sorry," he grunted testily. They were having breakfast at her kitchen counter. JR had slammed his glass down hard and it had shattered. She sighed and began cleaning up the glass. "You're certainly in a mood this morning." "Well, what do you expect, Sue Ellen?" He sneered. "Am I supposed to be all sunshine and rainbows when Bobby is running my company and I'm not allowed to touch my wife?!" Sue Ellen stood up straight and narrowed her eyes on his face. "Well, JR, if you want your company back, I suggest you stop moping around here and get into the office and fight for it. As for not being allowed to touch me, you agreed with me that we needed to work on our marriage before we jumped back into bed together. Maybe if over the years you had spent more time touching me and less time touching my sister and your other whores, we wouldn't have so many wounds to heal!" "Yes," JR couldn't deny the truth of her words. "I know our problems are my fault. And I know we have to talk before we make love. But, I'm a man, Sue Ellen. I have needs that aren't being met. You can't expect me not to be frustrated about it!" Sue Ellen's eyes darkened with worry and she turned away from him. JR was a man's man. He needed sex almost as much as he needed to breathe. She couldn't help but wonder what would happen if she continued to deny him sex. Would he go to another woman? Of course he would, she answered her own question in her mind. JR growled under his breath and stood up. He knew her too well not to know what she was thinking. "I'm not going to cheat, Sue Ellen," he told her. He put his arms on her shoulders and gently turned her around to face him. "I want to save our marriage. Taking another woman into my bed would kill any chance of that." "JR…" "I can wait, honey. All I'm saying is you need to cut me some slack when I get a little testy." "Why do you cheat, JR? Don't I please you?" "Sue Ellen…" "I need to know. If I don't give you what you need…" JR shifted uncomfortably and struggled with his own emotions. He and Sue Ellen had never talked about their sex life. She was his wife. She was a lady - dignified and classy. She wasn't one of his lovers who he could just instruct to do what he wanted… "JR? I don't please you, do I?" She asked again, her eyes full of tears. "You please me," he told her. "But maybe.." "What?" She pushed when he hesitated. "Maybe I wasn't always as honest about what I wanted as I should have been." "Why?" "Because… oh hell, Sue Ellen, I can't talk about this!" "Why not?" "Because you.. you're…" "I'm what, JR?" "Nevermind," he said shortly and released her. "I gotta go to the office." "JR, please!" "I'm sorry, Sue Ellen," he crammed his hat onto his head and moved to the door. "I just can't talk about it with you." Sue Ellen felt her tears on her cheeks as she watched him walk out of the apartment. If he couldn't even talk to her about their problems, there was no chance they could ever save their marriage. *** Kristen was bored out of her mind. How much longer was she going to be stuck in this hotel room? She needed to get out. She needed to see JR. Mostly she needed Sue Ellen to be out of the picture for good. She sighed and reminded herself of the need for patience. Sue Ellen would be dealt with shortly. Then it would be only a matter of time before she would be installed as the new queen of Southfork. The plan was already in motion. All she had to do was sit back and wait. *** Sue Ellen wanted to lock herself in a dark room and cry her eyes out. Bobby had just left. He'd told her all about Jock's offer to JR and how JR had jumped at the opportunity. Her marriage was beyond saving. JR had made it clear this morning that he was unsatisfied with their sex life. Even if she agreed to sleep with him, it would only be a matter of time before he went to other women for what she couldn't give him. On top of that, he was willing to use and manipulate her love for him to get back on top at Ewing Oil. "He'll never change," she cried softly. "Not ever." *** "Oh, good, Bob. Glad you're here," JR stuck his head into Bobby's office. "Got a minute?" "What is it JR?" Bobby snapped. "I'm busy." "Too busy to talk about the future of Ewing Oil?" "What do you want?" Bobby asked again. "To talk to you about our father and his crazy scheme to give me back the company." "Wh...What?" Bobby stammered. "You heard me," JR came in and sunk down into a chair. "He wants to kick you out as President and put me in instead - and he wants to use my wife to do it." *** "Sue Ellen, don't do this," Pam said softly. Pam had left the hospital upset and worried over Cliff. She'd stopped by Sue Ellen's apartment to see if the other woman wanted to go to lunch and had found her packing her things. "I can't stay here," Sue Ellen told her. "This apartment is just like everything else in my life - bought and paid for by JR Ewing." "You're overreacting," Pam told her. "JR loves you." "Does he?" Sue Ellen wondered, "or is it just that I'm a possession that he doesn't want to lose, like Ewing Oil?" "I know he's a jerk, and the deal he made with Jock is just awful. But did it ever occur to you that he only agreed to it because he's already made up his own mind to heal your relationship and bring you home?" "Stop defending him! He wants to use me to get Ewing Oil back and he won't even tell me.." "Tell you what?" "Why he doesn't want me." "What?" "It's true, Pam. He isn't satisfied with…" "With what?" Pam's eyes narrowed. "He cheats because I can't please him in bed!" Sue Ellen burst out. Pam couldn't help herself. She laughed out loud and shook her head. "This isn't funny, Pam!" "No, I guess it isn't," Pam caught her breath and forced herself to stop laughing. "Sue Ellen, you're my best friend in this world and I love you. So, please don't get offended by what I'm about to say." "What?" "Sit down," Pam sighed heavily. "It's time you and I have a talk about men and sex and love and marriage." "Pam, I can't…" "Yes, you can," Pam insisted. "Sit down, Sue Ellen. We have a lot to talk about and it's going to take some time." **" "Mrs. Sheppard, you have to realize that like all invasive medical procedures this one comes with risks. I don't see why your daughter would want to put herself through this when it isn't medically necessary." "Don't worry about the whys," Patricia told him. "Just take the cash and do what you're told.' "You don't even know if the results will turn out like you want them to. "I know exactly what the test will prove, because you are going to see to it that it does." "You're asking me to put the life of a pregnant woman and her unborn child at risk for no medical reason. On top of that, you're asking me to manipulate the results of the test." "I'm not ASKING you to do anything," she said cooly. "You will do exactly as I say. Unless of course you want the medical board to see that tape of you having sex with a patient right here in your examining room." "No," the doctor sighed, defeated. "When are we doing it?" "Tomorrow afternoon as soon as you close the office for the day." "Alright." "Don't look so glum," Patricia laughed. "After tomorrow, you'll be done. You'll never see me or Kristen again." "If that's true," the doctor sighed, "then tomorrow will be the happiest day of my life." Patricia nodded and walked out the back door of the office to her waiting car. Part of her hated what she was doing. Sue Ellen was her daughter and she loved her. But she also loved Kristen. The only way to keep Kristen out of jail was to make sure JR had a reason to keep her free. She was sorry for Sue Ellen. But it had to be done. And it had to be done quickly, before Kristen lost patience and did something that would make them all suffer. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top