Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 264019" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty-four::</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I'll stay if you want me to," JR told his wife.</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen's voice was cold as stone. "Go tend to my baby sister. You're good at that."</p><p></p><p>JR's eyes narrowed, but he decided to let the smart assed comment slide. "That's it. I'm staying. Harry can update me in the morning."</p><p></p><p>"No, JR," Sue Ellen sighed. "You need to go. If you don't, she might get suspicious that they're onto her and disappear again before you have a chance to figure out how to catch her."</p><p></p><p>"I don't want you to be alone."</p><p></p><p>"Why? I'm fine."</p><p></p><p>"I don't think so, Sue Ellen," he said lowly, "you're mad as hell and hurt to boot."</p><p></p><p>"I'll live," she grumbled. </p><p></p><p>"That's not what I'm worried about."</p><p></p><p>"Then what?" She snapped. </p><p></p><p>"I'm afraid you won't be here when I get back."</p><p></p><p>"JR, if I was going to sneak away from you I would have done it earlier today. I'm not going anywhere until we talk and you make your own decision about whether or not you want me to stay."</p><p></p><p>"I already know I want you to stay," he said softly </p><p></p><p>"I don't believe you, JR. But I'll be here when you get back."</p><p></p><p>"Promise me," he demanded.</p><p></p><p>"I promise."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded and reached for his hat. "I'll be back as soon as I can."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and watched him walk out of the apartment. "It's a good thing for you that at least one of us can keep a promise, JR," she muttered at the closed door.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"He's in and out," the doctor told Pam. "But it's a huge improvement."</p><p></p><p>"And he can talk?"</p><p></p><p>"No. The feeding tube prevents that. But he managed to write your name down to let us know he wanted to see you."</p><p></p><p>"How long will he need a feeding tube?"</p><p></p><p>"Hard to say," the doctor sighed. "Several days at least. Mrs. Ewing, you should know…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"I had to alert the police when he woke up. They're going to want to question him as soon as possible. I read the papers. You might want to get him a lawyer."</p><p></p><p>Pam nodded her understanding and reached out to take Cliff's hand. "Oh, Cliff. What are we going to do?"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What do you want, Bobby?" Sue Ellen asked when. She opened the door.</p><p></p><p>"Just to talk. Can I come in?"</p><p></p><p>"That depends," Sue Ellen sighed heavily. "Are you here to tell me something else that will utterly destroy my marriage?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Just the opposite," he promised.</p><p></p><p>"Where's Pam?" She asked, moving aside to let him into the apartment.</p><p></p><p>"At the hospital with Cliff," Bobby told her. "He's awake."</p><p></p><p>"That's good news. I'm very glad for Pam."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and sat down beside her on the couch. "I made a huge mistake this morning, Sue Ellen. I should have never told you what I overheard between Daddy and JR."</p><p></p><p>"It's fine, Bobby," she told him. "I'm glad you told me. At least now I know what I'm dealing with."</p><p></p><p>"That's the thing, Sue Ellen. You DON'T know what you're dealing with. JR came to see me this morning. He confessed what Daddy and offered him and told me he wasn't interested."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"It's true. He had a lot of reasons. The first was that he didn't believe Daddy would honor his agreement no matter what. But the most important reason…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" She asked again.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, he said he wasn't going to risk losing you for good - not even for Ewing Oil. He said he'd been tempted, but after thinking about it, he decided forcing you to live under his father's roof and be miserable would destroy you and he wouldn't have any part of that."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Bobby…" she gasped. "I thought…"</p><p></p><p>"I know," he reached out and covered her hand with his. "I thought the same thing. But we were wrong, Sue Ellen. Both of us. I think this time JR is really and truly trying to do right by you."</p><p></p><p>"I have been pretty hard on him today."</p><p></p><p>"Yeah, well he deserves that for the past. But don't let what I told you today ruin your future."</p><p></p><p>"JR and I still have other problems to work through."</p><p></p><p>"Do you want to work through them?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course I do!"</p><p></p><p>"Then fight for him, Sue Ellen. You are in a very rare position. You have power over JR right now. He wants you back and I'm betting he'd do just about anything to make you happy. Remember what JR always tells us about dealing with people?"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"We all use what we've got," he reminded her. "You have all the power right now, Sue Ellen. If I were you, I'd start using it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR shook his head in disbelief. He was stunned at what he'd just heard.</p><p></p><p>Dr. Robert Micheaks was Kristen's OBGYN. He'd had an ongoing sexual relationship with her, in violation of all kinds of medical ethics. He'd given her fertility drugs and confirmed her pregnancy. Now Patricia and Kristen were insisting he perform an amniocentesis to determine paternity. And they had instructed him to manipulate the results to prove JR was the father.</p><p></p><p>"Why come forward now?" JR asked him. "Why not just do what they asked you to and be rid of them."</p><p></p><p>"Two reasons," Michael answered him. "First of all, I don't believe I'll ever be rid of them. They have a tape of me and Kristen having sex in my office. As long as that tape exists, they can blackmail me at any time. Secondly… I know I broke my oath as a doctor and my career is done. Having sex with a patient is a horrible thing to do. But even I'm not willing to endanger the life of an unborn child just so his mother can lie about paternity."</p><p></p><p>"The procedure would be dangerous?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. There's a large increased risk of miscarriage after an amniocentesis."</p><p></p><p>"How do you want to play this, JR?" McSween asked him.</p><p></p><p>"Is Patricia coming with Kristen to your office tomorrow?" JR asked Michaels.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Kristen won't be able to drive after the procedure."</p><p></p><p>"Let them come. Prep for the procedure as if nothing has changed."</p><p></p><p>"And then?"</p><p></p><p>"And then McSween and Phillips will show up and arrest them both."</p><p></p><p>"It'll make the paper, JR," McSween warned.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Well, that can't be helped," JR grunted. "I want Kristen behind bars where she can never hurt Sue Ellen again."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen studied her reflection in the mirror and was satisfied with what she saw. She looked beautiful. And sexy. JR wouldn't stand a chance.</p><p></p><p>Except…</p><p></p><p>Her mind flashed back to the last time she'd put on sexy lingerie and tried to seduce her husband. It had been a disaster. JR had rejected her and she'd ended up having drunken sex with a ranch hand.</p><p></p><p>Hopefully JR's feelings about her had changed enough that this time would be different. </p><p></p><p>Part of her was terrified, but another part of her was excited. </p><p></p><p>She wanted to save her marriage, but it could never happen if JR refused to touch her. </p><p></p><p>She had to know the truth. If JR truly didn't want her, then there wasn't really anything left between them to save.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR sat in his car in the parking garage and tried to organize his thoughts.</p><p></p><p>He had to tell her.</p><p></p><p>She would be crushed. It was hard enough on her that her sister had betrayed her, but now he had to tell her her own mother had as well. He wished she never had to know, but McSween was right; once Kristen and Patricia were arrested, it would be all over the news. JR had thought about simply paying them and sending them away with the threat of jail if they ever came back, but that would never work. If it was only McSween involved, JR could pull off such a scheme, but Phillips was straight as an arrow. He would never go along with it.</p><p></p><p>She was still angry with him about Ewing Oil. He needed to make her understand that he had no intention of forcing her to live at Southfork against her will.</p><p></p><p>They had so much to work through and such a short time to get it all out in the open.</p><p></p><p>Plus, she still had the silly idea in her head that he didn't want her. </p><p></p><p>A grin broke across his face when he realized that particular problem would be very easy to solve.</p><p></p><p>"No time like the present," he muttered, getting out of the car.</p><p></p><p>He would make damn sure Sue Ellen never questioned his desire for her again after tonight. </p><p></p><p>And everything else could be dealt with afterwards.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 264019, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty-four:: *** "I'll stay if you want me to," JR told his wife. "No," Sue Ellen's voice was cold as stone. "Go tend to my baby sister. You're good at that." JR's eyes narrowed, but he decided to let the smart assed comment slide. "That's it. I'm staying. Harry can update me in the morning." "No, JR," Sue Ellen sighed. "You need to go. If you don't, she might get suspicious that they're onto her and disappear again before you have a chance to figure out how to catch her." "I don't want you to be alone." "Why? I'm fine." "I don't think so, Sue Ellen," he said lowly, "you're mad as hell and hurt to boot." "I'll live," she grumbled. "That's not what I'm worried about." "Then what?" She snapped. "I'm afraid you won't be here when I get back." "JR, if I was going to sneak away from you I would have done it earlier today. I'm not going anywhere until we talk and you make your own decision about whether or not you want me to stay." "I already know I want you to stay," he said softly "I don't believe you, JR. But I'll be here when you get back." "Promise me," he demanded. "I promise." JR nodded and reached for his hat. "I'll be back as soon as I can." Sue Ellen nodded and watched him walk out of the apartment. "It's a good thing for you that at least one of us can keep a promise, JR," she muttered at the closed door. *** "He's in and out," the doctor told Pam. "But it's a huge improvement." "And he can talk?" "No. The feeding tube prevents that. But he managed to write your name down to let us know he wanted to see you." "How long will he need a feeding tube?" "Hard to say," the doctor sighed. "Several days at least. Mrs. Ewing, you should know…" "What?" "I had to alert the police when he woke up. They're going to want to question him as soon as possible. I read the papers. You might want to get him a lawyer." Pam nodded her understanding and reached out to take Cliff's hand. "Oh, Cliff. What are we going to do?" *** "What do you want, Bobby?" Sue Ellen asked when. She opened the door. "Just to talk. Can I come in?" "That depends," Sue Ellen sighed heavily. "Are you here to tell me something else that will utterly destroy my marriage?" "No. Just the opposite," he promised. "Where's Pam?" She asked, moving aside to let him into the apartment. "At the hospital with Cliff," Bobby told her. "He's awake." "That's good news. I'm very glad for Pam." Bobby nodded and sat down beside her on the couch. "I made a huge mistake this morning, Sue Ellen. I should have never told you what I overheard between Daddy and JR." "It's fine, Bobby," she told him. "I'm glad you told me. At least now I know what I'm dealing with." "That's the thing, Sue Ellen. You DON'T know what you're dealing with. JR came to see me this morning. He confessed what Daddy and offered him and told me he wasn't interested." "What?" "It's true. He had a lot of reasons. The first was that he didn't believe Daddy would honor his agreement no matter what. But the most important reason…" "What?" She asked again. "Sue Ellen, he said he wasn't going to risk losing you for good - not even for Ewing Oil. He said he'd been tempted, but after thinking about it, he decided forcing you to live under his father's roof and be miserable would destroy you and he wouldn't have any part of that." "Oh, Bobby…" she gasped. "I thought…" "I know," he reached out and covered her hand with his. "I thought the same thing. But we were wrong, Sue Ellen. Both of us. I think this time JR is really and truly trying to do right by you." "I have been pretty hard on him today." "Yeah, well he deserves that for the past. But don't let what I told you today ruin your future." "JR and I still have other problems to work through." "Do you want to work through them?" "Of course I do!" "Then fight for him, Sue Ellen. You are in a very rare position. You have power over JR right now. He wants you back and I'm betting he'd do just about anything to make you happy. Remember what JR always tells us about dealing with people?" "What?" "We all use what we've got," he reminded her. "You have all the power right now, Sue Ellen. If I were you, I'd start using it." *** JR shook his head in disbelief. He was stunned at what he'd just heard. Dr. Robert Micheaks was Kristen's OBGYN. He'd had an ongoing sexual relationship with her, in violation of all kinds of medical ethics. He'd given her fertility drugs and confirmed her pregnancy. Now Patricia and Kristen were insisting he perform an amniocentesis to determine paternity. And they had instructed him to manipulate the results to prove JR was the father. "Why come forward now?" JR asked him. "Why not just do what they asked you to and be rid of them." "Two reasons," Michael answered him. "First of all, I don't believe I'll ever be rid of them. They have a tape of me and Kristen having sex in my office. As long as that tape exists, they can blackmail me at any time. Secondly… I know I broke my oath as a doctor and my career is done. Having sex with a patient is a horrible thing to do. But even I'm not willing to endanger the life of an unborn child just so his mother can lie about paternity." "The procedure would be dangerous?" JR asked. "Yes. There's a large increased risk of miscarriage after an amniocentesis." "How do you want to play this, JR?" McSween asked him. "Is Patricia coming with Kristen to your office tomorrow?" JR asked Michaels. "Yes. Kristen won't be able to drive after the procedure." "Let them come. Prep for the procedure as if nothing has changed." "And then?" "And then McSween and Phillips will show up and arrest them both." "It'll make the paper, JR," McSween warned. "Yes. Well, that can't be helped," JR grunted. "I want Kristen behind bars where she can never hurt Sue Ellen again." *** Sue Ellen studied her reflection in the mirror and was satisfied with what she saw. She looked beautiful. And sexy. JR wouldn't stand a chance. Except… Her mind flashed back to the last time she'd put on sexy lingerie and tried to seduce her husband. It had been a disaster. JR had rejected her and she'd ended up having drunken sex with a ranch hand. Hopefully JR's feelings about her had changed enough that this time would be different. Part of her was terrified, but another part of her was excited. She wanted to save her marriage, but it could never happen if JR refused to touch her. She had to know the truth. If JR truly didn't want her, then there wasn't really anything left between them to save. *** JR sat in his car in the parking garage and tried to organize his thoughts. He had to tell her. She would be crushed. It was hard enough on her that her sister had betrayed her, but now he had to tell her her own mother had as well. He wished she never had to know, but McSween was right; once Kristen and Patricia were arrested, it would be all over the news. JR had thought about simply paying them and sending them away with the threat of jail if they ever came back, but that would never work. If it was only McSween involved, JR could pull off such a scheme, but Phillips was straight as an arrow. He would never go along with it. She was still angry with him about Ewing Oil. He needed to make her understand that he had no intention of forcing her to live at Southfork against her will. They had so much to work through and such a short time to get it all out in the open. Plus, she still had the silly idea in her head that he didn't want her. A grin broke across his face when he realized that particular problem would be very easy to solve. "No time like the present," he muttered, getting out of the car. He would make damn sure Sue Ellen never questioned his desire for her again after tonight. And everything else could be dealt with afterwards. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top