Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 264198" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty-six:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, sit down and relax. You're going to wear a hole in the carpet with all that pacing."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry," Sue Ellen sighed and sat down on the couch. "I'm just worried about the men."</p><p></p><p>"They'll be just fine," Pam told her. "They can handle Jock."</p><p></p><p>"I doubt it," Lucy grumbled. "Are you two going to keep ignoring the elephant in the room?"</p><p></p><p>"What are you talking about?" Pam asked.</p><p></p><p>"HER mother shot YOUR brother. You guys aren't even going to talk about it?"</p><p></p><p>"What's to talk about?" Sue Ellen shrugged. "I'm not responsible for what my mother does and Pam isn't responsible for what Cliff does."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Pam agreed. "Still…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Sue Ellen prodded.</p><p></p><p>"It just...it just doesn't make any sense that Patricia would shoot Cliff. What possible reason could she have? He had been helping Kristen."</p><p></p><p>"Pam, take it from me," Sue Ellen her, "if you try to figure out why my mother does anything, you'll just end up driving yourself crazy."</p><p></p><p>"You're probably right," Pam sighed.</p><p></p><p>"Hey, what is all this stuff?" Lucy pointed to a stack of folders on the coffee table.</p><p></p><p>"Kristen's medical files," Sue Ellen answered. "JR brought them home last night after his meeting with her doctor and the police "</p><p></p><p>"Have you looked at them?"</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "I have no desire to see my sister's medical information."</p><p></p><p>"Mind if I take a peak?" Lucy asked.</p><p></p><p>"Knock yourself out," Sue Ellen shrugged. She looked at her watch and growled.</p><p></p><p>"Try not to worry, Sue Ellen," Pam reassured her. "I'm sure they'll call soon."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What's this all about boys?" Jock demanded.</p><p></p><p>JR and Bobby had gathered with Jock and Miss Ellie in the living room at Southfork. Miss Ellie sat beside her husband on the couch, stiff as a board. She had a bad feeling that she wasn't going to like what her sons had to say.</p><p></p><p>"Bobby and I have been talking a lot recently," JR began. "This whole mess with the shooting and Sue Ellen's trial, it made me take a hard look at my life and I saw some things that needed changing. My relationship with my brother was one of those things."</p><p></p><p>"I'm so happy to hear that, JR," Ellie smiled at him.</p><p></p><p>"I'm glad," JR told her, "because you definitely aren't going to like what I have to say next."</p><p></p><p>Ellie frowned and JR took a deep breath and continued.</p><p></p><p>"Our whole lives has been nothing but one big competition - competing for Daddy's approval and Mama's love. The two of you made us fight each other for affection and attention."</p><p></p><p>"Now, you just wait a minute, boy!" Jock raged and jumped off the couch. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to this!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, you are," Bobby said evenly, "because if you don't, JR and I are leaving here together. And neither one of us are coming back."</p><p></p><p>"I won't be threatened by you.."</p><p></p><p>"Jock, please!" Miss Ellie raised her voice. "Let them speak."</p><p></p><p>"Ellie I won't.."</p><p></p><p>"Sit down, Jock!" Ellie's voice was low, but firm. "I mean it."</p><p></p><p>Jock sat down with a grumbled protest and JR cleared his throat and continued.</p><p></p><p>"We're not little boys anymore. We're grown men. We love you both but we have families of our own now. We have to put them first."</p><p></p><p>"JR, if this is about Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR interrupted his mother. "It's about Sue Ellen. And Pam. And Ewing Oil."</p><p></p><p>He leveled his gaze on Jock's face and his voice got lower. "Daddy, I love that company. I've worked my ass off my whole life to make you proud. I'm a damn good Oilman and I was a damn good president. But you took it away from me and gave it to Bobby just because Mama wanted him and Pam to come home. That's your decision, but it wasn't fair. Just like it's not fair to Bobby to offer me the presidency back if I make Sue Ellen come back to Southfork against her wishes."</p><p></p><p>"What?!" Ellie gasped.</p><p></p><p>"That's right, Mama," Bobby cut in. "Daddy promised JR could have my job back if he brought Sue Ellen and John Ross home."</p><p></p><p>"Jock!" Ellie's voice was shaking. "How could you?"</p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Ellie," Jock snapped, "how could you make me replace JR when he was hurt just to make Bobby and Pam come home? There's no difference."</p><p></p><p>"There's a world of difference!" Ellie insisted.</p><p></p><p>"No, Mama," Bobby's voice was soft, "he's right. You both used the company to manipulate us into doing what you want."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby… I… I just wanted you home."</p><p></p><p>"I know, Mama. And Daddy just wants JR home."</p><p></p><p>"I can't belIeve you told him," Jock groused at JR. "You should have jumped at my offer."</p><p></p><p>"I was tempted," JR admitted. "And there was a time I would have done it without a second thought. But the shooting, the trial, it all changed me. Bobby and Pam stood by me. They stood by Sue Ellen. They stood by Lucy. The two of you both looked out for yourself and what you wanted without a single thought about how it would affect the rest of the family. I've been a rotten husband and a rotten brother. I'm done with all that."</p><p>.</p><p>"Where is all this going, JR?" Ellie asked tearfully.</p><p></p><p>JR looked at his mother and struggled to find the words to answer her question.</p><p></p><p>"Mama," Bobby began when JR hesitated, "JR and I want to be a part of this family. We want to keep working in Daddy's company. But we need to do it on our own terms. No more destructive competition. No more fighting for approval. We're both good at our jobs. We can work together. But Daddy has to stop interfering."</p><p></p><p>"What about… are you both leaving Southfork?"</p><p></p><p>"Pam and I have talked," Bobby told her. "We want to stay. But Sue Ellen…" he paused and looked at JR.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen isn't coming back here," JR told them flatly. "And I won't make her."</p><p></p><p>"What about what you want, boy?' Jock barked. "You want to come home. You gonna let your wife make you do something you don't want to?"</p><p></p><p>"I love Southfork," JR replied, "and I'll miss it. But what I want is for my wife to be healthy and happy. I want to be a good husband to her and a good father to my son. What I want is to be with her."</p><p></p><p>"Ewing Oil is still my company. The two of you don't get to tell me how to run it."</p><p></p><p>"That's your decision," Bobby shrugged. "But understand, you refuse to allow us to run it our way and without your constant interference, we're both out."</p><p></p><p>"That go for you too, JR?" Jock demanded.</p><p></p><p>"It does," JR nodded.</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Ellie stood up, mustering as much grace a s strength as she could manage. "You've made your point. Your father and I need to talk everything over."</p><p></p><p>JR and Bobby stood up. Both men walked over and hugged their mother then walked together to the foyer and out the front door.</p><p></p><p>"Can you believe the nerve of those two?" Jock snarled when they were gone. "How dare they come over here and start handing out ultimatums to me!"</p><p></p><p>Ellie didn't reply. She squared her shoulders and walked from the room toward the stairs. JR and Bobby had given her a lot to think about. She needed to be alone for a while to sort through her thoughts and her emotions.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well," Pam sighed into the phone, "it seems like it went as well as could be expected. I know. Yes. No, no change in Cliff's condition. Alright. I love you, Bobby. Sure. Hold on a sec."</p><p></p><p>"JR wants to talk to you," Pam handed the phone to her sister-in-law.</p><p></p><p>"JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Hi, honey. You holding up okay?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. What about you? How did it go with your parents?"</p><p></p><p>"It was hard. But it's done. They're going to talk things over and get back to us."</p><p>.</p><p>"JR, I don't understand why you have to be there when they arrest Kristen and mother. Can't you please just come home?"</p><p></p><p>"Honey, we talked about this already."</p><p></p><p>"I know… but, JR, we know Mother has a gun. She's already shot Cliff and.."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, the place is going to be crawling with cops. Bobby will be with me. I'll be fine. I need to be there. I have to make sure nothing goes wrong and I need to see Kristen in cuffs with my own eyes."</p><p></p><p>"Please. Just be careful," she whispered shakily.</p><p></p><p>"I promise I will. See you soon, Miss Texas."</p><p></p><p>"See you soon, JR," she hung up the phone and choked back a cry.</p><p></p><p>"They're going to be fine, Sue Ellen," Pam hugged her friend.</p><p></p><p>"Hey, guys?"</p><p></p><p>Pam and Sue Ellen broke apart and turned their attention to Lucy. The younger woman had been sitting at the kitchen counter reading through Kristen's medical records for a very long time. "Did you know Kristen was on fertility drugs? How come that never came up at trial? Didn't Kiefer have these medical records?"</p><p></p><p>"He had a sanitized version of them," Sue Ellen sighed. "This Dr. Micheals didn't send the entire record. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"Just wondering... there's some stuff in here that doesn't add up."</p><p></p><p>"Like what, Lucy?" Pam asked.</p><p></p><p>"Well, I mean, for sure I'm not a math genius. But JR testified that he broke it off with Kristen before the shooting."</p><p></p><p>"So?" Sue Ellen's voice sounded annoyed. The last thing on this earth that she wanted to talk about was JR's affair with her sister.</p><p></p><p>"So… like I said, this isn't adding up."</p><p></p><p>"Lucy, will you stop talking in riddles and just spit out whatever you're trying to say?" Sue Ellen snapped.</p><p></p><p>"Come look," Lucy beckoned her. </p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and Pam walked over to the kitchen counter and fixed their eyes on the papers in front of Lucy. </p><p></p><p>"Well?" Sue Ellen prodded.</p><p></p><p>"Here. She was prescribed the fertility drug. Look, she refilled the prescription here. She tested positive for pregnancy here. And look at the ultrasound she has here."</p><p></p><p>"I don't understand what I'm supposed to be seeing," Sue Ellen said.</p><p></p><p>"Look closer," Lucy told her. "Look at the date on the ultrasound. Look at the estimated age of the fetus."</p><p></p><p>"Lucy...this is a waste of time…"</p><p></p><p>"No," Pam breathed out. "Sue Ellen, don't you see? This ultrasound was taken during the trial. The baby is estimated to be only seven weeks…."</p><p></p><p>"Seven weeks?" Reality suddenly dawned on Sue Ellen.</p><p></p><p>"She was telling men she was having their baby and cashing their checks long before she ever got pregnant. And if she's only seven weeks along and JR stopped sleeping with her before he was shot…" Pam's voice trailed off.</p><p></p><p>"JR can't possibly be the father of her baby," Sue Ellen finished for her.</p><p></p><p>"Bingo," Lucy said. "Whoever the proud papa is, it isn't JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Ellie pushed her food around on her plate and sighed heavily. "We have to talk about the boys, Jock."</p><p></p><p>"There's nothing to talk about," Jock grumbled. "I run my company my way. If they don't like it that's just too damned bad."</p><p></p><p>"They'll both leave."</p><p></p><p>"No they won't," Jock shot back. "It's an empty threat, Ellie."</p><p></p><p>"Like it was an empty threat when Gary said he was leaving?"</p><p></p><p>"That was different," Jock told her. "Gary is weak."</p><p></p><p>"Who made him that way?" Ellie demanded. "We were terrible parents, Jock. We have to face that. I've lost Gary. I won't lose Bobby and JR too."</p><p></p><p>"What are you saying, Ellie?"</p><p></p><p>"You do whatever you want with Ewing Oil. You're right. It's YOUR company. But you will NOT interfere when the boys leave and go to work somewhere else. You will NOT try to force JR to drag Sue Ellen back here. You will NOT continue to treat Pam like an outsider. I could care less what happens to your precious company. But my family is a different matter altogether. Back off, Jock. Leave our boys and their wives alone. Or so help me, you'll be the one needing a good divorce attorney."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR handed the phone back to Harry and shook his head in disbelief. Sue Ellen had tracked him down and told him about Kristen's medical records.</p><p></p><p>There was no way he fathered Kristen's baby.</p><p></p><p>He felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders.</p><p></p><p>He glanced at his watch and took a deep breath. Kristen and Patricia should be arriving at Dr. Michael's office any minute now.</p><p></p><p>This would end today. And JR was bound and determined to make dead certain Sue Ellen would never be hurt by her demonic little sister ever again.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 264198, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty-six: *** "Sue Ellen, sit down and relax. You're going to wear a hole in the carpet with all that pacing." "I'm sorry," Sue Ellen sighed and sat down on the couch. "I'm just worried about the men." "They'll be just fine," Pam told her. "They can handle Jock." "I doubt it," Lucy grumbled. "Are you two going to keep ignoring the elephant in the room?" "What are you talking about?" Pam asked. "HER mother shot YOUR brother. You guys aren't even going to talk about it?" "What's to talk about?" Sue Ellen shrugged. "I'm not responsible for what my mother does and Pam isn't responsible for what Cliff does." "Yes," Pam agreed. "Still…" "What?" Sue Ellen prodded. "It just...it just doesn't make any sense that Patricia would shoot Cliff. What possible reason could she have? He had been helping Kristen." "Pam, take it from me," Sue Ellen her, "if you try to figure out why my mother does anything, you'll just end up driving yourself crazy." "You're probably right," Pam sighed. "Hey, what is all this stuff?" Lucy pointed to a stack of folders on the coffee table. "Kristen's medical files," Sue Ellen answered. "JR brought them home last night after his meeting with her doctor and the police " "Have you looked at them?" "No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "I have no desire to see my sister's medical information." "Mind if I take a peak?" Lucy asked. "Knock yourself out," Sue Ellen shrugged. She looked at her watch and growled. "Try not to worry, Sue Ellen," Pam reassured her. "I'm sure they'll call soon." *** "What's this all about boys?" Jock demanded. JR and Bobby had gathered with Jock and Miss Ellie in the living room at Southfork. Miss Ellie sat beside her husband on the couch, stiff as a board. She had a bad feeling that she wasn't going to like what her sons had to say. "Bobby and I have been talking a lot recently," JR began. "This whole mess with the shooting and Sue Ellen's trial, it made me take a hard look at my life and I saw some things that needed changing. My relationship with my brother was one of those things." "I'm so happy to hear that, JR," Ellie smiled at him. "I'm glad," JR told her, "because you definitely aren't going to like what I have to say next." Ellie frowned and JR took a deep breath and continued. "Our whole lives has been nothing but one big competition - competing for Daddy's approval and Mama's love. The two of you made us fight each other for affection and attention." "Now, you just wait a minute, boy!" Jock raged and jumped off the couch. "I'm not going to sit here and listen to this!" "Yes, you are," Bobby said evenly, "because if you don't, JR and I are leaving here together. And neither one of us are coming back." "I won't be threatened by you.." "Jock, please!" Miss Ellie raised her voice. "Let them speak." "Ellie I won't.." "Sit down, Jock!" Ellie's voice was low, but firm. "I mean it." Jock sat down with a grumbled protest and JR cleared his throat and continued. "We're not little boys anymore. We're grown men. We love you both but we have families of our own now. We have to put them first." "JR, if this is about Sue Ellen…" "Yes," JR interrupted his mother. "It's about Sue Ellen. And Pam. And Ewing Oil." He leveled his gaze on Jock's face and his voice got lower. "Daddy, I love that company. I've worked my ass off my whole life to make you proud. I'm a damn good Oilman and I was a damn good president. But you took it away from me and gave it to Bobby just because Mama wanted him and Pam to come home. That's your decision, but it wasn't fair. Just like it's not fair to Bobby to offer me the presidency back if I make Sue Ellen come back to Southfork against her wishes." "What?!" Ellie gasped. "That's right, Mama," Bobby cut in. "Daddy promised JR could have my job back if he brought Sue Ellen and John Ross home." "Jock!" Ellie's voice was shaking. "How could you?" "I don't know, Ellie," Jock snapped, "how could you make me replace JR when he was hurt just to make Bobby and Pam come home? There's no difference." "There's a world of difference!" Ellie insisted. "No, Mama," Bobby's voice was soft, "he's right. You both used the company to manipulate us into doing what you want." "Bobby… I… I just wanted you home." "I know, Mama. And Daddy just wants JR home." "I can't belIeve you told him," Jock groused at JR. "You should have jumped at my offer." "I was tempted," JR admitted. "And there was a time I would have done it without a second thought. But the shooting, the trial, it all changed me. Bobby and Pam stood by me. They stood by Sue Ellen. They stood by Lucy. The two of you both looked out for yourself and what you wanted without a single thought about how it would affect the rest of the family. I've been a rotten husband and a rotten brother. I'm done with all that." . "Where is all this going, JR?" Ellie asked tearfully. JR looked at his mother and struggled to find the words to answer her question. "Mama," Bobby began when JR hesitated, "JR and I want to be a part of this family. We want to keep working in Daddy's company. But we need to do it on our own terms. No more destructive competition. No more fighting for approval. We're both good at our jobs. We can work together. But Daddy has to stop interfering." "What about… are you both leaving Southfork?" "Pam and I have talked," Bobby told her. "We want to stay. But Sue Ellen…" he paused and looked at JR. "Sue Ellen isn't coming back here," JR told them flatly. "And I won't make her." "What about what you want, boy?' Jock barked. "You want to come home. You gonna let your wife make you do something you don't want to?" "I love Southfork," JR replied, "and I'll miss it. But what I want is for my wife to be healthy and happy. I want to be a good husband to her and a good father to my son. What I want is to be with her." "Ewing Oil is still my company. The two of you don't get to tell me how to run it." "That's your decision," Bobby shrugged. "But understand, you refuse to allow us to run it our way and without your constant interference, we're both out." "That go for you too, JR?" Jock demanded. "It does," JR nodded. "Alright," Ellie stood up, mustering as much grace a s strength as she could manage. "You've made your point. Your father and I need to talk everything over." JR and Bobby stood up. Both men walked over and hugged their mother then walked together to the foyer and out the front door. "Can you believe the nerve of those two?" Jock snarled when they were gone. "How dare they come over here and start handing out ultimatums to me!" Ellie didn't reply. She squared her shoulders and walked from the room toward the stairs. JR and Bobby had given her a lot to think about. She needed to be alone for a while to sort through her thoughts and her emotions. *** "Well," Pam sighed into the phone, "it seems like it went as well as could be expected. I know. Yes. No, no change in Cliff's condition. Alright. I love you, Bobby. Sure. Hold on a sec." "JR wants to talk to you," Pam handed the phone to her sister-in-law. "JR?" "Hi, honey. You holding up okay?" "Yes. What about you? How did it go with your parents?" "It was hard. But it's done. They're going to talk things over and get back to us." . "JR, I don't understand why you have to be there when they arrest Kristen and mother. Can't you please just come home?" "Honey, we talked about this already." "I know… but, JR, we know Mother has a gun. She's already shot Cliff and.." "Sue Ellen, the place is going to be crawling with cops. Bobby will be with me. I'll be fine. I need to be there. I have to make sure nothing goes wrong and I need to see Kristen in cuffs with my own eyes." "Please. Just be careful," she whispered shakily. "I promise I will. See you soon, Miss Texas." "See you soon, JR," she hung up the phone and choked back a cry. "They're going to be fine, Sue Ellen," Pam hugged her friend. "Hey, guys?" Pam and Sue Ellen broke apart and turned their attention to Lucy. The younger woman had been sitting at the kitchen counter reading through Kristen's medical records for a very long time. "Did you know Kristen was on fertility drugs? How come that never came up at trial? Didn't Kiefer have these medical records?" "He had a sanitized version of them," Sue Ellen sighed. "This Dr. Micheals didn't send the entire record. Why?" "Just wondering... there's some stuff in here that doesn't add up." "Like what, Lucy?" Pam asked. "Well, I mean, for sure I'm not a math genius. But JR testified that he broke it off with Kristen before the shooting." "So?" Sue Ellen's voice sounded annoyed. The last thing on this earth that she wanted to talk about was JR's affair with her sister. "So… like I said, this isn't adding up." "Lucy, will you stop talking in riddles and just spit out whatever you're trying to say?" Sue Ellen snapped. "Come look," Lucy beckoned her. Sue Ellen and Pam walked over to the kitchen counter and fixed their eyes on the papers in front of Lucy. "Well?" Sue Ellen prodded. "Here. She was prescribed the fertility drug. Look, she refilled the prescription here. She tested positive for pregnancy here. And look at the ultrasound she has here." "I don't understand what I'm supposed to be seeing," Sue Ellen said. "Look closer," Lucy told her. "Look at the date on the ultrasound. Look at the estimated age of the fetus." "Lucy...this is a waste of time…" "No," Pam breathed out. "Sue Ellen, don't you see? This ultrasound was taken during the trial. The baby is estimated to be only seven weeks…." "Seven weeks?" Reality suddenly dawned on Sue Ellen. "She was telling men she was having their baby and cashing their checks long before she ever got pregnant. And if she's only seven weeks along and JR stopped sleeping with her before he was shot…" Pam's voice trailed off. "JR can't possibly be the father of her baby," Sue Ellen finished for her. "Bingo," Lucy said. "Whoever the proud papa is, it isn't JR Ewing." *** Ellie pushed her food around on her plate and sighed heavily. "We have to talk about the boys, Jock." "There's nothing to talk about," Jock grumbled. "I run my company my way. If they don't like it that's just too damned bad." "They'll both leave." "No they won't," Jock shot back. "It's an empty threat, Ellie." "Like it was an empty threat when Gary said he was leaving?" "That was different," Jock told her. "Gary is weak." "Who made him that way?" Ellie demanded. "We were terrible parents, Jock. We have to face that. I've lost Gary. I won't lose Bobby and JR too." "What are you saying, Ellie?" "You do whatever you want with Ewing Oil. You're right. It's YOUR company. But you will NOT interfere when the boys leave and go to work somewhere else. You will NOT try to force JR to drag Sue Ellen back here. You will NOT continue to treat Pam like an outsider. I could care less what happens to your precious company. But my family is a different matter altogether. Back off, Jock. Leave our boys and their wives alone. Or so help me, you'll be the one needing a good divorce attorney." *** JR handed the phone back to Harry and shook his head in disbelief. Sue Ellen had tracked him down and told him about Kristen's medical records. There was no way he fathered Kristen's baby. He felt like the weight of the world had been lifted from his shoulders. He glanced at his watch and took a deep breath. Kristen and Patricia should be arriving at Dr. Michael's office any minute now. This would end today. And JR was bound and determined to make dead certain Sue Ellen would never be hurt by her demonic little sister ever again. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top