Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 264390" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Twenty-eight:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"That sounded bad," Bobby sighed, watching his wife hang up the phone. "You going over there?"</p><p></p><p>"No," Pam sighed. "She wants to be alone."</p><p></p><p>"You don't think she'll drink, do you?"</p><p></p><p>"There's no alcohol in the apartment and she can't leave John Ross. No. I don't think she'll drink."</p><p></p><p>"I knew JR was upset. I had no idea he was that upset."</p><p></p><p>"They'll work it out," Pam told him. "Bobby?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"If Kristen's baby turns out to be Cliff's…"</p><p></p><p>"I know," Bobby sighed. "He can't take care of a baby."</p><p></p><p>"But we can," Pam said softly.</p><p></p><p>Bobby studied her carefully for a few minutes then reached out to gently stroke her cheek. "We'll talk about it when the time comes. That baby might not be his."</p><p></p><p>"I know. But it might be."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. And if it is, we'll do what needs to be done."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen desperately wanted a drink.</p><p></p><p>It was all too much.</p><p></p><p>Dusty was alive.</p><p></p><p>And JR was furious.</p><p></p><p>As far as she could see, JR had no right whatsoever to be angry with her. She started seeing Dusty when JR had been with Kristen. Their marriage had been just awful. </p><p></p><p>JR was right though. She DID care for Dusty. Very deeply. She had believed she could leave JR and live a happy life with him.</p><p></p><p>But that was then. </p><p></p><p>And this was now.</p><p></p><p>And she wasn't going to drink, no matter how tempted she was. If she took that first drink, it would lead to another, then another, then another. No matter what happened between her and JR, she wouldn't allow herself to get sucked back into constant drunkenness. John Ross needed her sober and clear headed.</p><p></p><p>And JR…</p><p></p><p>JR may forgive her for Dusty, but she knew her weakness for alcohol disgusted him. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of sending her back to the bottle.</p><p></p><p>She needed to see Dusty though. She needed to see with her own eyes that he was alive and okay. She couldn't just pretend nothing had happened. Dusty had been very important to her. She needed to know he was truly okay.</p><p></p><p>And JR?</p><p></p><p>He was either going to have to deal with or not.</p><p></p><p>She wanted her husband. She wanted her marriage to work.</p><p></p><p>But she wasn't willing to sacrifice herself and who she really was just to please him.</p><p></p><p>Not this time.</p><p></p><p>Not ever again.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"JR, what are you doing here?"</p><p></p><p>JR looked up and rolled his eyes. Ray Krebbs was the absolute last person he wanted to talk to. "Slumming," JR barked at him.</p><p></p><p>Ray laughed and sat down on the empty bar stool beside JR. "You must really be pissed to decide to drive all the way from Dallas to Braddock to do your drinking at this little dive bar."</p><p></p><p>"I didn't want to run into anyone I knew," JR told him. </p><p></p><p>"Guess that didn't work out," Ray laughed and ordered a beer.</p><p></p><p>"Obviously not," JR grumbled. "How did you know I was here?"</p><p></p><p>"I didn't," Ray told him. "Pure dumb luck to run into you here. Your wife called Southfork earlier. I happened to be up at the house planning to go to a cattle action with Jock tomorrow. She seemed pretty upset. Pam and Bobby were talking about whether or not she might hit the bottle."</p><p></p><p>"Mind your own business, Ray," JR warned him.</p><p></p><p>"No problem, JR," Ray took a swig of his beer. "Just wondering, since you don't seem to want her, mind if I take a shot?"</p><p></p><p>"I will kill you," JR slammed down his drink and grabbed Ray's collar.</p><p></p><p>"Why?" Ray pushed him. "You seem to be willing to let that Farlow guy have her. What's the difference whether it's one cowboy or another?"</p><p></p><p>JR hauled back and punched Ray in the jaw, hard. Ray toppled off his barstool and landed square on his backside on the floor. Everyone around them moved back to make room for the coming brawl, but Ray just laughed and stood up. "I deserved that, so I'll let you get away with it. But it's pretty obvious you're jealous as hell."</p><p></p><p>"She's my wife!" JR raged.</p><p></p><p>"Yes, she is. So why are you here drinking yourself senseless when you should be home with her making sure she never even thinks about that cowboy again?"</p><p></p><p>"It's not that simple," JR growled. "She has feelings for him."</p><p></p><p>"Of course she does, JR. Sue Ellen isn't like you. She can't just crawl into someone's bed for sex alone. She's a lady, not a whore."</p><p></p><p>Ray didn't tell that he knew this all for a fact. His drunken one night stand with Sue Ellen never needed to come to light. He had hoped it would turn into an ongoing thing, but Sue Ellen had shut him down cold </p><p></p><p>"Look, JR. I know you. Hell, I've been with you out catting with other women. I know it's only about cheap sex for you. But it still hurt her. And she needed more than just sex. She needed to be cared for. She wasn't getting that from you, so she went to someone else. Yeah she probably cares for him - but she loves YOU."</p><p></p><p>"How do you know so damned much about my wife?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm around all the time and I pay attention, JR. A blind man could see how much she loves you."</p><p></p><p>"Ray, I'm drunk."</p><p></p><p>"I know."</p><p></p><p>"I need a ride back to Dallas."</p><p></p><p>"I know," Ray grinned at him. "Let's go."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Guess JR and Sue Ellen won't be reconciling after all."</p><p></p><p>Ellie put down her book and turned to face her husband. "What makes you say that?"</p><p></p><p>"Don't play dumb," he grunted. "I know you heard all the commotion earlier when Sue Ellen called. Hell, Ray and I were in the study and we heard the whole thing."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I heard," Ellie sighed. "It sounds like a messy situation. But JR and Sue Ellen will work it out."</p><p></p><p>"I doubt it. This is two affairs. There's probably more that JR doesn't know about it. Sue Ellen isn't fit to be his wife and she isn't fit to be my grandson's mother."</p><p></p><p>"Two affairs?" Ellie repeated, "Compared to how many JR has had?"</p><p></p><p>"That's different Ellie."</p><p></p><p>"Why? Because JR is a man?"</p><p></p><p>"Hell yes."</p><p></p><p>"Jock, let me tell you something. Whatever Sue Ellen has or hasn't done, JR is directly responsible for it. He neglected that girl from the very beginning, dumping her off here and expecting her to be a faithful little obedient wife with nothing to fill her days except shopping and party planning. He did more than cheat. He rubbed her nose in it. My God, he couldn't even bother to be discreet!"</p><p></p><p>"That's no excuse, Ellie."</p><p></p><p>"You had better come to peace with the fact that JR loves her. He might be angry right now, but he'll forgive her. He didn't leave her when he thought John Ross belonged to Cliff Barnes, he didn't leave her when he thought she shot him, and he won't leave her now. Sue Ellen is a part of this family, and she's going to stay that way. And you? You'd better not interfere."</p><p></p><p>"She isn't fit to raise my grandson."</p><p></p><p>"Well, that's your opinion, but it's irrelevant. She's his mother. She's JR's wife. And she will be welcomed into this house and into this family."</p><p></p><p>"Listen, Ellie…"</p><p></p><p>"No," she snapped. "I'm not going to listen. I'm going to sleep. I'm done talking about it. But take heed, Jock. Ewing Oil is your business. This family is mine. And I have said my final peace on the matter."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR struggled to get the key in the keyhole, pushed open the door, and stumbled into the apartment.</p><p></p><p>His eyebrows shot up in surprise when he saw Sue Ellen sitting on the couch. "I thought you'd be asleep."</p><p></p><p>"As if I could sleep after the way you tore out of here today. Where have you been?"</p><p></p><p>"Out drinking," he told her.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I can see that," she said, taking in his disheveled appearance and his bloodshot eyes. "I can smell it too."</p><p></p><p>"Why were you waiting up? Were you really that sure I'd come back here to you?"</p><p></p><p>"Not sure," she admitted. "But hopeful."</p><p></p><p>"Well here I am," he grunted. "I'm drunk, honey. This isn't the time to talk about your Cowboy fetish."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen's eyes narrowed, but she decided to let that snide little comment pass. "Come sit down , JR - before you fall down."</p><p></p><p>JR grunted again and moved carefully to the couch. He sank down beside her, leaned back against the cushions, and closed his eyes. "Aren't you going to ask me why I came back?"</p><p></p><p>"No. If you want to tell me, you will."</p><p></p><p>"I can't stay away," he told her, his voice low and tinged with bitterness. "No matter how mad I get. No matter how much hurt between us. I just can't stay away from you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I can understand that," she whispered. "I have the exact same problem when it comes to you."</p><p></p><p>"Do you?" He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her.</p><p></p><p>"I do."</p><p></p><p>"Must be love then," he growled.</p><p></p><p>"Must be."</p><p></p><p>"I don't think I can make it to the bed, honey."</p><p></p><p>"Then I guess we'll just have to sleep here, won't we?"</p><p></p><p>"We?" His voice got even lower. "You gonna stay with me out here on the couch, Miss Texas?"</p><p></p><p>"I am," she told him. "You're my husband. I'm supposed to sleep with you. Besides…"</p><p></p><p>"Besides what?"</p><p></p><p>"John Ross is in the bedroom."</p><p></p><p>"So?"</p><p></p><p>"So, I don't want his father's moans and groans to wake him up."</p><p></p><p>JR felt his whole body respond to her words. He had thought he was way too drunk to get an erection, but he was wrong. All it took was her mention the possibility of sex and his entire body snapped to attention. "Is that right?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes, that's right, JR."</p><p></p><p>She slid off the couch onto her knees and reached out to unbuckle his belt. "Do you remember what we said to each other last night when we were making love, JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Remind me," he groaned when she freed him from his pants.</p><p></p><p>"You said I was yours and that you were mine. Remember?"</p><p></p><p>"God, Yes!" He didn't even know if he was responding to her question or to the incredible feeling of her taking him into her mouth. He bucked against her face. It was the most incredible feeling he had ever experienced. "Sue Ellen!"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen teased him for what felt like an eternity. She finally raised her head and looked up, fixing her eyes of his. "Say it again," she commanded him. "Tell me who I belong to."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>She ran her tongue along his entire member, from stem to top, then took him back into her mouth. He shot off the couch, clutched her hair, lifted her head up, and forced her to let him go. "Say it," she demanded.</p><p></p><p>"You're mine," he told her, his voice husky and hoarse with want. "You're mine, Sue Ellen Ewing. And I'm yours."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen smiled, stood up, lifted her nightgown, and sat down on his lap. She positioned herself over him and slowly descended, taking his entire length into her body. "That's right, JR," she moaned, moving her body back and forth in a fast, steady rhythm, "and don't you ever forget it again."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 264390, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Twenty-eight: *** "That sounded bad," Bobby sighed, watching his wife hang up the phone. "You going over there?" "No," Pam sighed. "She wants to be alone." "You don't think she'll drink, do you?" "There's no alcohol in the apartment and she can't leave John Ross. No. I don't think she'll drink." "I knew JR was upset. I had no idea he was that upset." "They'll work it out," Pam told him. "Bobby?" "Yeah?" "If Kristen's baby turns out to be Cliff's…" "I know," Bobby sighed. "He can't take care of a baby." "But we can," Pam said softly. Bobby studied her carefully for a few minutes then reached out to gently stroke her cheek. "We'll talk about it when the time comes. That baby might not be his." "I know. But it might be." "Yes. And if it is, we'll do what needs to be done." *** Sue Ellen desperately wanted a drink. It was all too much. Dusty was alive. And JR was furious. As far as she could see, JR had no right whatsoever to be angry with her. She started seeing Dusty when JR had been with Kristen. Their marriage had been just awful. JR was right though. She DID care for Dusty. Very deeply. She had believed she could leave JR and live a happy life with him. But that was then. And this was now. And she wasn't going to drink, no matter how tempted she was. If she took that first drink, it would lead to another, then another, then another. No matter what happened between her and JR, she wouldn't allow herself to get sucked back into constant drunkenness. John Ross needed her sober and clear headed. And JR… JR may forgive her for Dusty, but she knew her weakness for alcohol disgusted him. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction of sending her back to the bottle. She needed to see Dusty though. She needed to see with her own eyes that he was alive and okay. She couldn't just pretend nothing had happened. Dusty had been very important to her. She needed to know he was truly okay. And JR? He was either going to have to deal with or not. She wanted her husband. She wanted her marriage to work. But she wasn't willing to sacrifice herself and who she really was just to please him. Not this time. Not ever again. *** "JR, what are you doing here?" JR looked up and rolled his eyes. Ray Krebbs was the absolute last person he wanted to talk to. "Slumming," JR barked at him. Ray laughed and sat down on the empty bar stool beside JR. "You must really be pissed to decide to drive all the way from Dallas to Braddock to do your drinking at this little dive bar." "I didn't want to run into anyone I knew," JR told him. "Guess that didn't work out," Ray laughed and ordered a beer. "Obviously not," JR grumbled. "How did you know I was here?" "I didn't," Ray told him. "Pure dumb luck to run into you here. Your wife called Southfork earlier. I happened to be up at the house planning to go to a cattle action with Jock tomorrow. She seemed pretty upset. Pam and Bobby were talking about whether or not she might hit the bottle." "Mind your own business, Ray," JR warned him. "No problem, JR," Ray took a swig of his beer. "Just wondering, since you don't seem to want her, mind if I take a shot?" "I will kill you," JR slammed down his drink and grabbed Ray's collar. "Why?" Ray pushed him. "You seem to be willing to let that Farlow guy have her. What's the difference whether it's one cowboy or another?" JR hauled back and punched Ray in the jaw, hard. Ray toppled off his barstool and landed square on his backside on the floor. Everyone around them moved back to make room for the coming brawl, but Ray just laughed and stood up. "I deserved that, so I'll let you get away with it. But it's pretty obvious you're jealous as hell." "She's my wife!" JR raged. "Yes, she is. So why are you here drinking yourself senseless when you should be home with her making sure she never even thinks about that cowboy again?" "It's not that simple," JR growled. "She has feelings for him." "Of course she does, JR. Sue Ellen isn't like you. She can't just crawl into someone's bed for sex alone. She's a lady, not a whore." Ray didn't tell that he knew this all for a fact. His drunken one night stand with Sue Ellen never needed to come to light. He had hoped it would turn into an ongoing thing, but Sue Ellen had shut him down cold "Look, JR. I know you. Hell, I've been with you out catting with other women. I know it's only about cheap sex for you. But it still hurt her. And she needed more than just sex. She needed to be cared for. She wasn't getting that from you, so she went to someone else. Yeah she probably cares for him - but she loves YOU." "How do you know so damned much about my wife?" "I'm around all the time and I pay attention, JR. A blind man could see how much she loves you." "Ray, I'm drunk." "I know." "I need a ride back to Dallas." "I know," Ray grinned at him. "Let's go." *** "Guess JR and Sue Ellen won't be reconciling after all." Ellie put down her book and turned to face her husband. "What makes you say that?" "Don't play dumb," he grunted. "I know you heard all the commotion earlier when Sue Ellen called. Hell, Ray and I were in the study and we heard the whole thing." "Yes, I heard," Ellie sighed. "It sounds like a messy situation. But JR and Sue Ellen will work it out." "I doubt it. This is two affairs. There's probably more that JR doesn't know about it. Sue Ellen isn't fit to be his wife and she isn't fit to be my grandson's mother." "Two affairs?" Ellie repeated, "Compared to how many JR has had?" "That's different Ellie." "Why? Because JR is a man?" "Hell yes." "Jock, let me tell you something. Whatever Sue Ellen has or hasn't done, JR is directly responsible for it. He neglected that girl from the very beginning, dumping her off here and expecting her to be a faithful little obedient wife with nothing to fill her days except shopping and party planning. He did more than cheat. He rubbed her nose in it. My God, he couldn't even bother to be discreet!" "That's no excuse, Ellie." "You had better come to peace with the fact that JR loves her. He might be angry right now, but he'll forgive her. He didn't leave her when he thought John Ross belonged to Cliff Barnes, he didn't leave her when he thought she shot him, and he won't leave her now. Sue Ellen is a part of this family, and she's going to stay that way. And you? You'd better not interfere." "She isn't fit to raise my grandson." "Well, that's your opinion, but it's irrelevant. She's his mother. She's JR's wife. And she will be welcomed into this house and into this family." "Listen, Ellie…" "No," she snapped. "I'm not going to listen. I'm going to sleep. I'm done talking about it. But take heed, Jock. Ewing Oil is your business. This family is mine. And I have said my final peace on the matter." *** JR struggled to get the key in the keyhole, pushed open the door, and stumbled into the apartment. His eyebrows shot up in surprise when he saw Sue Ellen sitting on the couch. "I thought you'd be asleep." "As if I could sleep after the way you tore out of here today. Where have you been?" "Out drinking," he told her. "Yes. I can see that," she said, taking in his disheveled appearance and his bloodshot eyes. "I can smell it too." "Why were you waiting up? Were you really that sure I'd come back here to you?" "Not sure," she admitted. "But hopeful." "Well here I am," he grunted. "I'm drunk, honey. This isn't the time to talk about your Cowboy fetish." Sue Ellen's eyes narrowed, but she decided to let that snide little comment pass. "Come sit down , JR - before you fall down." JR grunted again and moved carefully to the couch. He sank down beside her, leaned back against the cushions, and closed his eyes. "Aren't you going to ask me why I came back?" "No. If you want to tell me, you will." "I can't stay away," he told her, his voice low and tinged with bitterness. "No matter how mad I get. No matter how much hurt between us. I just can't stay away from you, Sue Ellen." "I can understand that," she whispered. "I have the exact same problem when it comes to you." "Do you?" He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at her. "I do." "Must be love then," he growled. "Must be." "I don't think I can make it to the bed, honey." "Then I guess we'll just have to sleep here, won't we?" "We?" His voice got even lower. "You gonna stay with me out here on the couch, Miss Texas?" "I am," she told him. "You're my husband. I'm supposed to sleep with you. Besides…" "Besides what?" "John Ross is in the bedroom." "So?" "So, I don't want his father's moans and groans to wake him up." JR felt his whole body respond to her words. He had thought he was way too drunk to get an erection, but he was wrong. All it took was her mention the possibility of sex and his entire body snapped to attention. "Is that right?" "Yes, that's right, JR." She slid off the couch onto her knees and reached out to unbuckle his belt. "Do you remember what we said to each other last night when we were making love, JR?" "Remind me," he groaned when she freed him from his pants. "You said I was yours and that you were mine. Remember?" "God, Yes!" He didn't even know if he was responding to her question or to the incredible feeling of her taking him into her mouth. He bucked against her face. It was the most incredible feeling he had ever experienced. "Sue Ellen!" Sue Ellen teased him for what felt like an eternity. She finally raised her head and looked up, fixing her eyes of his. "Say it again," she commanded him. "Tell me who I belong to." "Sue Ellen…" She ran her tongue along his entire member, from stem to top, then took him back into her mouth. He shot off the couch, clutched her hair, lifted her head up, and forced her to let him go. "Say it," she demanded. "You're mine," he told her, his voice husky and hoarse with want. "You're mine, Sue Ellen Ewing. And I'm yours." Sue Ellen smiled, stood up, lifted her nightgown, and sat down on his lap. She positioned herself over him and slowly descended, taking his entire length into her body. "That's right, JR," she moaned, moving her body back and forth in a fast, steady rhythm, "and don't you ever forget it again." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top