Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 264499" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Thirty:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What do you think?"</p><p></p><p>"It's lovely."</p><p></p><p>JR frowned at the flatness of his wife's voice. "For God's sake, Sue Ellen, if you don't like it, just say so. We can find something else."</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "It seems perfect for our temporary housing needs."</p><p></p><p>JR bit back a groan and took a deep breath. She'd been quiet on the ride back from the Southern Cross and now she seemed to not be a bit excited about the condo. "Are you starting to doubt your decision?"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Do you already regret choosing me over the cowboy?"</p><p></p><p>"Don't be ridiculous, JR," she snapped.</p><p></p><p>"Then what's with the long face?"</p><p></p><p>"I just…" she sighed heavily and turned to face him. "JR, how long have you owned this condo?"</p><p></p><p>"A few years. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"How many of your mistresses have spent the night here?"</p><p></p><p>"None," he told her. "I won't lie to you, Sue Ellen. I have a lot of condos and some of them I used to see other women. But this one was only ever used to house out of town business associates."</p><p></p><p>"Are you sure?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"Alright. Then it's perfect."</p><p></p><p>"You can decorate it however you want to."</p><p></p><p>"It's only temporary, JR. It's fine the way it is. Besides, I'll be spending a lot of time overseeing the new house."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, are you sure this is what you want? You really don't have to move back to Southfork just to please me."</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR. I want to. Really."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," he reached out and pulled her close to him. "Thanks for today. I needed to hear you tell Farlow that you love me."</p><p></p><p>"I don't ever want either of us to have to doubt anymore, JR."</p><p></p><p>He bent his head to kiss her. The kiss started soft and gentle, but before long it turned deep and passionate. "Come on," he growled when he finally lifted his head. "I'll show you our new bedroom and you can show me some of the new tricks you learned from that book."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen laughed and let him lead her to the bedroom. She hoped with all her heart that they would always be as happy together as they were at this very moment.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"It can't be me. I had a vasectomy years ago."</p><p></p><p>"You're a little young for that, aren't you?"</p><p></p><p>"I hate kids."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and sighed heavily. "You were the DA for a long time. What are the chances that the fraud charges against Kristen can be dropped?"</p><p></p><p>"At this point, pretty slim," the former DA shrugged. "The victims want justice. The new DA won't cut her any slack given the way she made a mockery of our justice system during Mrs. Ewing's trial."</p><p></p><p>"But if the victims change their minds?"</p><p></p><p>"It would be hard to prosecute her without the cooperation of the witnesses. I mean, it can be done, but getting a jury to convict when the victims claim not to be victims? Tough sell."</p><p></p><p>"And you're sure she won't be brought to trial for shooting JR?"</p><p></p><p>"Fairly sure. Trying two people for the same crime is a practical impossibility. Kristen's lawyer would drag up Mrs. Ewing's trial. The fact that the DA's office already charged and prosecuted someone else for the shooting creates reasonable doubt from the get go."</p><p></p><p>"So it's possible that Kristen could walk away from all this unscathed."</p><p></p><p>"It's possible, but not likely. Mr. Ewing, why are you so interested?"</p><p></p><p>"I have my reasons," Bobby grunted and stood up. "Thank you for your time."</p><p></p><p>Bobby stood and walked to the door. He needed to talk to the men Kristen had been blackmailing. If he could convince them to walk away, then Kristen would go free.</p><p></p><p>He didn't like it; but he had to do it.</p><p></p><p>He had to do it for Pam.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Lucy, Sue Ellen just called. She's going shopping to buy some things for the condo. Want to go with us?"</p><p></p><p>"Thanks, but I'm not really in the mood for shopping."</p><p></p><p>Pam's eyebrows shot up at the sound of Lucy's voice. It sounded weak and hoarse...as if the younger woman had been crying. "Is something wrong, Lucy?"</p><p></p><p>Lucy shrugged and looked away. "Something's been bothering me. I want to talk to you guys about it, but you're all dealing with so much. I don't want to add to your burden."</p><p></p><p>"Lucy, you could never be a burden to us in any way. You know that."</p><p></p><p>"Pam... it's just…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"It's about my parents. It's about the way everyone around here just acts like they don't even exist."</p><p></p><p>"I see," Pam sighed. "Oh, honey. I never considered…"</p><p></p><p>"I know," Lucy said bitterly. "No one ever considers them at all."</p><p></p><p>"Get your purse," Pam told her. "We're going to meet Sue Ellen. The three of us will have a nice long talk, okay?"</p><p></p><p>"But she has to get the condo ready…"</p><p></p><p>"And she will. But this is more important than making sure JR has the perfect thread count on his sheets. Come on. Let's see what the three of us can come up with. At the very least, we can listen."</p><p></p><p>Lucy smiled, stood up, and hugged her aunt. "Thanks, Pam."</p><p></p><p>"Of course, honey," Pam hugged her back. "Of course."</p><p></p><p>Jock stood silently in the shadows, careful not to make a sound. He didn't want the women to know he'd overheard them.</p><p></p><p>His eyes narrowed when it occurred to him that those three women would blow whatever problem Lucy had way out of proportion and cow JR and Bobby into doing something foolish.</p><p></p><p>The paper this morning had been horrifying. Pam's brother and Sue Ellen's sister had a thing together and the article hinted that Cliff might be the father of Kristen's child. Of course the reporter had pointed out the tangled web of JR, Sue Ellen, Barnes, and Kristen and all the musical bedrooms. Jock was embarrassed and disgusted to his core.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and Pam were both trash and came from trashy families. So did Valene. Yet his sons treated them all like queens and allowed them to humiliate his good name over and over again.</p><p></p><p>He was going to put a stop to all of this nonsense once and for all.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Have you told Jock?"</p><p></p><p>Ellie looked over at her friend and shrugged. "No. JR and Sue Ellen are coming to Southfork for dinner tomorrow night. We'll tell him then."</p><p></p><p>Mavis shook her head and sighed. "Ellie, it might not be a good idea to surprise him like that in front of the whole family. You might get a better reaction from him if you tell him yourself instead of making a surprise announcement in front of everyone."</p><p></p><p>"To be perfectly honest, Mavis, I don't particularly care how he reacts. If he doesn't like the fact that JR and Sue Ellen are going to build their own home on Southfork, that's just too bad. I don't interfere in his business, and he has no right to interfere in mine."</p><p></p><p>"But Ellie…"</p><p></p><p>"No buts," Ellie caught her off. "You of all people know what I have put up with from Jock Ewing over the years. I'm done bending to his iron will. I lost one son. I won't lose another. I've made my decision. Jock can either accept it or not. Either way, he doesn't get to take another child from me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You're sure?"</p><p></p><p>"No method of birth control is one hundred percent effective," Dr. Michaels told Bobby. "But I was careful. Very careful. I knew she was desperate to get pregnant. There was no way I was going to be the sperm donor she used to trap JR Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"Why sleep with her at all? You knew how devious she was. You had to know it would end badly."</p><p></p><p>"Kristen is hard to resist when she turns on the charm."</p><p></p><p>"Apparently. Seems like half the men in Dallas were sleeping with her."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Dr. Michaels nodded. "But the father of that child is either Jordan Lee or Cliff Barnes."</p><p></p><p>"Got a best guess?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. But you realize it would only be a guess, right?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes."</p><p></p><p>"She was sleeping with Lee on a regular basis. She was trying to get pregnant. She was even on fertility drugs."</p><p></p><p>"And?"</p><p></p><p>"And it never happened. But two weeks after she slept with Barnes...she turned up pregnant. Pretty big coincidence."</p><p></p><p>"You think the child is Cliff's?"</p><p></p><p>"If I had to bet, yeah, I'd bet on him. But like I said, it's only a guess. If I were you, I'd ask Lee to see his doctor. Or you can wait until the baby is born and get a blood test."</p><p></p><p>"I can't wait for that," Booby growled. "If Cliff Barnes is the father of that baby, I need to know right now. Waiting until the baby is born isn't an option at all."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Lucy" Sue Ellen reached out and pulled Lucy close to her for a hug. "I'm so sorry, honey."</p><p></p><p>"I don't want to be selfish like this," Lucy cried.</p><p></p><p>"You stop that," Sue Ellen admonished her gently. "You're not the selfish one. We are. We're all so caught up in our own lives and our own problems that none of us ever gave a thought about how all this was making you feel."</p><p></p><p>"It's okay. You all have so much going on right now."</p><p></p><p>"That's no excuse," Pam told her. "Please forgive us for our selfishness, Lucy."</p><p></p><p>"There's nothing to forgive," Lucy smiled and pulled away from Sue Ellen. "I feel a lot better just having talked about it."</p><p></p><p>"I'm glad," Pam said thoughtfully. "But now we have to figure out what we're going to do about it."</p><p></p><p>"We're going to have to talk to our husbands," Sue Ellen sighed.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Together or separately?"</p><p></p><p>"They're Ewings. Stronger together," Sue Ellen replied. "But we're stronger together too. We can talk about it while we shop. You ladies ready to spend JR's money?"</p><p></p><p>"Hell yes," Lucy laughed. "If we can't get him to do anything about my parents, at least we can give him a heart attack when he gets his credit card bill!"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Well?"</p><p></p><p>JR sank back into his chair and shook his head. "Bobby, she can't go free."</p><p></p><p>"She has to, JR. It's the only way she'll give up the baby."</p><p></p><p>"It might not belong to Barnes."</p><p></p><p>"True. But chances are…"</p><p></p><p>"Look, I know Pam is gonna want that kid. But Sue Ellen...damnit Bobby, having Kristen's child around is going to be a constant reminder of my affair."</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR. And I don't know what to do."</p><p></p><p>"Barnes had his feeding tube removed, right? Can he talk yet?"</p><p></p><p>"No. The doctors told Pam it might be a few days."</p><p></p><p>"Then we start with Jordan Lee," JR told him. "Look, I'll help you get to the bottom about Barnes being the daddy. But our wives…"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. You and I may end up on opposite sides of this mess. Think we should tell them?"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR answered immediately, "not until we know for sure that Barnes is the guilty party."</p><p></p><p>"I don't like keeping secrets from Pam. Maybe if we tell them, they can work it out between themselves. They've gotten very close."</p><p></p><p>JR shifted uncomfortably. He did it like the Idea of lying to Sue Ellen either, but he knew she would lose her damn mind if he told her Kristen may go free. He didn't want to deal with the drama if it turned out the kid belonged to Lee. "No, Bobby," he finally said. "We keep this just between us for now. Trust me. It's for the best."</p><p></p><p>"But JR…"</p><p></p><p>Bobby's words were cut off by the buzzing of JR's intercom. "JR," Sly's voice filled the room, "Mrs. Ewing is on line three."</p><p></p><p>"Which Mrs. Ewing?" JR asked.</p><p></p><p>"Your wife."</p><p></p><p>JR picked up the phone and held it to his ear. "Hi, honey. What? No. He's with me now. What time? Okay, see you then."</p><p></p><p>He hung up the phone and grimaced at his brother. "Apparently you and Pam are having dinner with us at the condo tonight. Lucy too."</p><p></p><p>"Suits me. Daddy makes dinner at Southfork miserable these days."</p><p></p><p>"Remember, Bobby. Not one word about Kristen. Not until we know exactly what we're dealing with. I mean it."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and groaned inwardly. Secrets had a way of coming out at the worst possible time. He prayed like hell that this didn't blow up in their faces.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 264499, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Thirty: *** "What do you think?" "It's lovely." JR frowned at the flatness of his wife's voice. "For God's sake, Sue Ellen, if you don't like it, just say so. We can find something else." "No," Sue Ellen shook her head. "It seems perfect for our temporary housing needs." JR bit back a groan and took a deep breath. She'd been quiet on the ride back from the Southern Cross and now she seemed to not be a bit excited about the condo. "Are you starting to doubt your decision?" "What?" "Do you already regret choosing me over the cowboy?" "Don't be ridiculous, JR," she snapped. "Then what's with the long face?" "I just…" she sighed heavily and turned to face him. "JR, how long have you owned this condo?" "A few years. Why?" "How many of your mistresses have spent the night here?" "None," he told her. "I won't lie to you, Sue Ellen. I have a lot of condos and some of them I used to see other women. But this one was only ever used to house out of town business associates." "Are you sure?" "Yes." "Alright. Then it's perfect." "You can decorate it however you want to." "It's only temporary, JR. It's fine the way it is. Besides, I'll be spending a lot of time overseeing the new house." "Sue Ellen, are you sure this is what you want? You really don't have to move back to Southfork just to please me." "I know, JR. I want to. Really." "Alright," he reached out and pulled her close to him. "Thanks for today. I needed to hear you tell Farlow that you love me." "I don't ever want either of us to have to doubt anymore, JR." He bent his head to kiss her. The kiss started soft and gentle, but before long it turned deep and passionate. "Come on," he growled when he finally lifted his head. "I'll show you our new bedroom and you can show me some of the new tricks you learned from that book." Sue Ellen laughed and let him lead her to the bedroom. She hoped with all her heart that they would always be as happy together as they were at this very moment. *** "It can't be me. I had a vasectomy years ago." "You're a little young for that, aren't you?" "I hate kids." Bobby nodded and sighed heavily. "You were the DA for a long time. What are the chances that the fraud charges against Kristen can be dropped?" "At this point, pretty slim," the former DA shrugged. "The victims want justice. The new DA won't cut her any slack given the way she made a mockery of our justice system during Mrs. Ewing's trial." "But if the victims change their minds?" "It would be hard to prosecute her without the cooperation of the witnesses. I mean, it can be done, but getting a jury to convict when the victims claim not to be victims? Tough sell." "And you're sure she won't be brought to trial for shooting JR?" "Fairly sure. Trying two people for the same crime is a practical impossibility. Kristen's lawyer would drag up Mrs. Ewing's trial. The fact that the DA's office already charged and prosecuted someone else for the shooting creates reasonable doubt from the get go." "So it's possible that Kristen could walk away from all this unscathed." "It's possible, but not likely. Mr. Ewing, why are you so interested?" "I have my reasons," Bobby grunted and stood up. "Thank you for your time." Bobby stood and walked to the door. He needed to talk to the men Kristen had been blackmailing. If he could convince them to walk away, then Kristen would go free. He didn't like it; but he had to do it. He had to do it for Pam. *** "Lucy, Sue Ellen just called. She's going shopping to buy some things for the condo. Want to go with us?" "Thanks, but I'm not really in the mood for shopping." Pam's eyebrows shot up at the sound of Lucy's voice. It sounded weak and hoarse...as if the younger woman had been crying. "Is something wrong, Lucy?" Lucy shrugged and looked away. "Something's been bothering me. I want to talk to you guys about it, but you're all dealing with so much. I don't want to add to your burden." "Lucy, you could never be a burden to us in any way. You know that." "Pam... it's just…" "What?" "It's about my parents. It's about the way everyone around here just acts like they don't even exist." "I see," Pam sighed. "Oh, honey. I never considered…" "I know," Lucy said bitterly. "No one ever considers them at all." "Get your purse," Pam told her. "We're going to meet Sue Ellen. The three of us will have a nice long talk, okay?" "But she has to get the condo ready…" "And she will. But this is more important than making sure JR has the perfect thread count on his sheets. Come on. Let's see what the three of us can come up with. At the very least, we can listen." Lucy smiled, stood up, and hugged her aunt. "Thanks, Pam." "Of course, honey," Pam hugged her back. "Of course." Jock stood silently in the shadows, careful not to make a sound. He didn't want the women to know he'd overheard them. His eyes narrowed when it occurred to him that those three women would blow whatever problem Lucy had way out of proportion and cow JR and Bobby into doing something foolish. The paper this morning had been horrifying. Pam's brother and Sue Ellen's sister had a thing together and the article hinted that Cliff might be the father of Kristen's child. Of course the reporter had pointed out the tangled web of JR, Sue Ellen, Barnes, and Kristen and all the musical bedrooms. Jock was embarrassed and disgusted to his core. Sue Ellen and Pam were both trash and came from trashy families. So did Valene. Yet his sons treated them all like queens and allowed them to humiliate his good name over and over again. He was going to put a stop to all of this nonsense once and for all. *** "Have you told Jock?" Ellie looked over at her friend and shrugged. "No. JR and Sue Ellen are coming to Southfork for dinner tomorrow night. We'll tell him then." Mavis shook her head and sighed. "Ellie, it might not be a good idea to surprise him like that in front of the whole family. You might get a better reaction from him if you tell him yourself instead of making a surprise announcement in front of everyone." "To be perfectly honest, Mavis, I don't particularly care how he reacts. If he doesn't like the fact that JR and Sue Ellen are going to build their own home on Southfork, that's just too bad. I don't interfere in his business, and he has no right to interfere in mine." "But Ellie…" "No buts," Ellie caught her off. "You of all people know what I have put up with from Jock Ewing over the years. I'm done bending to his iron will. I lost one son. I won't lose another. I've made my decision. Jock can either accept it or not. Either way, he doesn't get to take another child from me." *** "You're sure?" "No method of birth control is one hundred percent effective," Dr. Michaels told Bobby. "But I was careful. Very careful. I knew she was desperate to get pregnant. There was no way I was going to be the sperm donor she used to trap JR Ewing." "Why sleep with her at all? You knew how devious she was. You had to know it would end badly." "Kristen is hard to resist when she turns on the charm." "Apparently. Seems like half the men in Dallas were sleeping with her." "Yes," Dr. Michaels nodded. "But the father of that child is either Jordan Lee or Cliff Barnes." "Got a best guess?" "Yes. But you realize it would only be a guess, right?" "Yes." "She was sleeping with Lee on a regular basis. She was trying to get pregnant. She was even on fertility drugs." "And?" "And it never happened. But two weeks after she slept with Barnes...she turned up pregnant. Pretty big coincidence." "You think the child is Cliff's?" "If I had to bet, yeah, I'd bet on him. But like I said, it's only a guess. If I were you, I'd ask Lee to see his doctor. Or you can wait until the baby is born and get a blood test." "I can't wait for that," Booby growled. "If Cliff Barnes is the father of that baby, I need to know right now. Waiting until the baby is born isn't an option at all." *** "Oh, Lucy" Sue Ellen reached out and pulled Lucy close to her for a hug. "I'm so sorry, honey." "I don't want to be selfish like this," Lucy cried. "You stop that," Sue Ellen admonished her gently. "You're not the selfish one. We are. We're all so caught up in our own lives and our own problems that none of us ever gave a thought about how all this was making you feel." "It's okay. You all have so much going on right now." "That's no excuse," Pam told her. "Please forgive us for our selfishness, Lucy." "There's nothing to forgive," Lucy smiled and pulled away from Sue Ellen. "I feel a lot better just having talked about it." "I'm glad," Pam said thoughtfully. "But now we have to figure out what we're going to do about it." "We're going to have to talk to our husbands," Sue Ellen sighed. "Yes. Together or separately?" "They're Ewings. Stronger together," Sue Ellen replied. "But we're stronger together too. We can talk about it while we shop. You ladies ready to spend JR's money?" "Hell yes," Lucy laughed. "If we can't get him to do anything about my parents, at least we can give him a heart attack when he gets his credit card bill!" *** "Well?" JR sank back into his chair and shook his head. "Bobby, she can't go free." "She has to, JR. It's the only way she'll give up the baby." "It might not belong to Barnes." "True. But chances are…" "Look, I know Pam is gonna want that kid. But Sue Ellen...damnit Bobby, having Kristen's child around is going to be a constant reminder of my affair." "I know, JR. And I don't know what to do." "Barnes had his feeding tube removed, right? Can he talk yet?" "No. The doctors told Pam it might be a few days." "Then we start with Jordan Lee," JR told him. "Look, I'll help you get to the bottom about Barnes being the daddy. But our wives…" "Yeah. You and I may end up on opposite sides of this mess. Think we should tell them?" "No," JR answered immediately, "not until we know for sure that Barnes is the guilty party." "I don't like keeping secrets from Pam. Maybe if we tell them, they can work it out between themselves. They've gotten very close." JR shifted uncomfortably. He did it like the Idea of lying to Sue Ellen either, but he knew she would lose her damn mind if he told her Kristen may go free. He didn't want to deal with the drama if it turned out the kid belonged to Lee. "No, Bobby," he finally said. "We keep this just between us for now. Trust me. It's for the best." "But JR…" Bobby's words were cut off by the buzzing of JR's intercom. "JR," Sly's voice filled the room, "Mrs. Ewing is on line three." "Which Mrs. Ewing?" JR asked. "Your wife." JR picked up the phone and held it to his ear. "Hi, honey. What? No. He's with me now. What time? Okay, see you then." He hung up the phone and grimaced at his brother. "Apparently you and Pam are having dinner with us at the condo tonight. Lucy too." "Suits me. Daddy makes dinner at Southfork miserable these days." "Remember, Bobby. Not one word about Kristen. Not until we know exactly what we're dealing with. I mean it." Bobby nodded and groaned inwardly. Secrets had a way of coming out at the worst possible time. He prayed like hell that this didn't blow up in their faces. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top