Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 264793" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Thirty-two:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR grinned mischievously and let his eyes rake over his wife's body. She was standing with her back to him at the kitchen counter, assembling the ingredients for breakfast. He walked up behind her and smacked her lightly on her bottom. "Hurry up, Miss Texas," he whispered into her ear. "I worked up a huge appetite last night."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen jumped and let out a little squeal, "Stop sneaking up behind me like the, JR. You're going to give me a heart attack!"</p><p></p><p>"I like sneaking up behind you," he dropped his head to nibble at her neck. "The view is amazing."</p><p></p><p>"JR…" she moaned a weak protest. "If you want breakfast you need to behave."</p><p></p><p>"All of the sudden," he told her, reaching down to grab the hem of her nightgown and bunch it around her waist, "my hunger has nothing to do with food."</p><p></p><p>He unbuckled his belt and shook his pants down his body. "You make me crazy," he whispered into her ear. </p><p></p><p>She moaned deeply and ground her bare bottom against his erection. "Now, JR."</p><p></p><p>"No, Miss Texas," he slipped his hand between her legs and found her most sensitive spot, "I thought we agreed last night that you weren't the boss of me."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen spread her legs wider and leaned against the kitchen counter for support as he pleasured her. "God, you're a bastard sometimes."</p><p></p><p>"Aw, honey. You're going to hurt my feelings," he teased her. "Would be a shame if I had to stop pleasing you because I was so heartbroken by your insults."</p><p></p><p>"Don't you dare stop!" She bucked against his hand wildly. "Please!"</p><p></p><p>JR laughed and brought up his free hand to tease her nipples. "I'm going to make you explode," his fingers increased their pace against her slick wanhood. "Then I'm going to bend you over this counter and f**k your brains out. Will that please you Sue Ellen? Or am I being too vulgar?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen threw back her head and screamed as she climaxed. She struggled to breath, her chest heaving and her body covered in sweat. "Take me now, JR," she demanded huskily, bending over slightly and resting her weight on her elbows on the kitchen counter. "NOW!"</p><p></p><p>JR slipped his leg between her knees, forcing her legs further apart. "You're gonna have to say it, Sue Ellen. I want to hear you get vulgar too."</p><p></p><p>"f**k me, JR," she said without hesitation. "f**k me hard."</p><p></p><p>JR almost came right then. Hearing her talk dirty made him absolutely crazy. He slammed into her from behind over and over until they crashed head on into an intense orgasm together.</p><p></p><p>After it was over, he helped her cover herself with her gown again and then yanked up his own pants. </p><p></p><p>"I need a shower now," Sue Ellen told him. Her.voice was hoarse and she seemed to have trouble.meeting his eyes. "Please excuse me for a few moments."</p><p></p><p>"No," JR stopped her, gently but firmly. "Honey, you're not embarrassed are you?"</p><p></p><p>"A little," Sue Ellen shrugged. "I'm not used to being.."</p><p></p><p>"Vulgar?" He finished for her. "Sue Ellen, you're a lady to your very soul. I love that about you. I also love it when you get down and dirty with me. We're married honey. There's no shame in it."</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR. I just... it's all so new."</p><p></p><p>"I know," he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck. "And it'll only keep getting better. I'm glad you finally trust me enough to let go with me."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen smiled shyly and started to answer him when John Ross let out a shrill cry from his bedroom.</p><p></p><p>"Go on and take your shower," JR backed away from her. "I'll take care of the boy.'</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR. Thank you."</p><p></p><p>"We're going to finish this conversation later though. Understand me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she nodded and blushed.</p><p></p><p>JR watched her walk away then headed to the nursery to get his son. A lot of their problems in the past had come from their mutual sexual hang-ups. They were making serious progress in dealing with them and he was determined to make sure that their stupid ideas about wives and womanhood never came between them ever again.</p><p></p><p>*""</p><p></p><p>"Are you going to call Gary today?"</p><p></p><p>Bobby finished straightening his tie and turned to face his wife. "Yes. But I have no idea what I'm going to say."</p><p></p><p>"Why not just tell him the truth?" Pam asked. "Tell him his daughter needs him in her life and that JR has promised not to interfere."</p><p></p><p>"A promise from JR won't mean very much to Gary," Bobby sighed. "Look, I'll do the best that I can, but Lucy shouldn't get her hopes up too high. A lot of water is under Gary's bridge. He might not want to come home. Not even for his daughter."</p><p></p><p>"I hope you're wrong, Bobby," Pam said sadly. "Lucy will be devastated if he won't even try."</p><p></p><p>"You going to the hospital this morning?" He changed the subject.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Hoping Cliff might be able to talk...at least enough to say a few words."</p><p></p><p>"Need me to come with you?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Any Ewing would cause tension for him. Even you."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Pam. But Cliff still had a lot to answer for. It can't be put off forever."</p><p></p><p>"I know. He just needs time to get a little stronger."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded and slipped on his jacket. If Cliff was able to talk, then JR and he were going to have to see him as soon as possible. Time is the one luxury they just didn't have.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Jock, I wish you would reconsider."</p><p></p><p>"My mind is made up, Harv. You just do as you're told and have the will ready today. I need it at dinner tonight."</p><p></p><p>"You're cutting them all out. Ellie isn't going to be happy."</p><p></p><p>"And I don't care," Jock snapped. "My granddaughter has defied me one too many times. And no child of my gold digging, trashy daughters-in-law will ever get their hands on my company."</p><p></p><p>"But JR and Bobby.."</p><p></p><p>"Can still inherit. Gary too for that matter. All any of them have to do is divorce the tramps they married."</p><p></p><p>"This might backfire on you."</p><p></p><p>"It won't," Jock snarled. "And it's none of your concern anyway. Just do your damn job and leave my family to me."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Dusty hung up the phone and smiled. Everything was set. Soon enough, Sue Ellen would see what a piece of garbage her husband still was and she'd come back to him.</p><p></p><p>He hated knowing she would be hurt again. But it had to be done. </p><p></p><p>It wasn't like he was framing JR. He was just giving him an opportunity to show his true colors. His plan may hurry the process along, but JR would cheat eventually anyway. All he was doing was moving up the timeline on the inevitable.</p><p></p><p>"Dusty?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah, Dad?" Dusty rolled his chair around to face his father.</p><p></p><p>"Shouldn't you be getting ready for your physical therapy?"</p><p></p><p>Dusty glanced at his watch and shrugged. "You're right. My therapist will be here any minute."</p><p></p><p>"Try not to overdo it again today," Clayton advised. "Yesterday was too much."</p><p></p><p>"I have to push myself," Dusty told him. "The sooner I can get out of this chair and back on my feet, the better."</p><p></p><p>"Why the hurry?"</p><p></p><p>"Let's just say that I have my reasons," Dusty rolled past his father and out of the room.</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Clayton muttered under this breath. "I know you do."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"He been in to see you?"</p><p></p><p>"Nope," Bobby answered his brother, flopping down onto the couch in JR's office. "You?"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR grumbled. "And I gotta tell you it makes me nervous knowing he was holed up in his office with Harv all morning."</p><p></p><p>"Me too," Bobby agreed. "But if Daddy is cooking up a nasty surprise for us, we won't know until he's ready to spring it."</p><p></p><p>"True. You heard from Pam yet?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Cliff can talk, but only a little. The doctors say it might be a few days before he can string together coherent sentences."</p><p></p><p>"We don't have a few days," JR sighed.</p><p></p><p>"No. We don't. I'm supposed to meet with Kristen again tomorrow."</p><p></p><p>"I guess we need to go see Jordan," JR groused. "Can't put it off any longer."</p><p>.</p><p>"No. We really can't."</p><p></p><p>The brothers stood up and moved toward the office door. JR retrieved his hat from the rack and put it on his head. "Bobby, do you remember Lisa Brackman?"</p><p></p><p>"Who?"</p><p></p><p>"She was one of Daddy's secretaries when we were kids."</p><p></p><p>"Oh right! The red head with the enormous…" he held his hands out in front of his chest and laughed.</p><p></p><p>"Yeah. Her."</p><p></p><p>"What about her?"</p><p></p><p>"Do you ever remember her coming to Southfork?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Why?"</p><p></p><p>"No reason really," JR shrugged. "Just had a sudden memory of her being at the house. Doesn't matter. Let's go see Jordan and get it over with."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen put John Ross down gently and ran to the door. "Coming!"</p><p></p><p>She opened the door and was greeted by a delivery man holding a huge bouquet of red roses. "Sue Ellen Sheppard?"</p><p></p><p>"Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"Nevermind. Yes, I'm Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"Sign here, please."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen signed the slip and took the roses. "Wait here and I'll get you a tip."</p><p></p><p>"No need, ma'am. The sender has been quite generous already. Have a good day."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen closed the door and shook her head. JR liked to send her roses, but his were always yellow. Plus, he never would have addressed a gift to her in her maiden name.</p><p></p><p>She sat the roses on the kitchen counter and pulled out the card. She gasped in shock and horror when she read the card </p><p></p><p>"My dearest Sue Ellen, I'm sorry for the way I acted the other day. It was hard for me to see you with JR. I want you to know I've been thinking. I changed my mind. I'm not giving up on you. You deserve a man who truly loves you. I'm that man. With love - Dusty."</p><p></p><p>"Oh my God," Sue Ellen breathed out. "Oh my God!"</p><p></p><p>**"</p><p></p><p>"That was awkward as hell."</p><p></p><p>JR grimaced and climbed under the wheel of his car. Bobby was right. Questioning Jordan Lee about his sex life hadn't been a pleasant experience.</p><p></p><p>"We need to talk to Dr. Michaels again. If there's some way to test for paternity that isn't dangerous for the baby, we need to do it now."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. JR, I can't go see Michaels. I still have to call Gary."</p><p></p><p>"Right. I forgot about that. I'll drop you at the office and go see the doctor myself."</p><p></p><p>"Great. Don't know which one of us has the dirtier job."</p><p></p><p>"You think this is bad, just wait until tonight when we have to face Daddy."</p><p></p><p>Bobby made a face and growled under his breath. "JR, do you think we're too old to run away from home?"</p><p></p><p>JR burst out laughing and put the car in gear. "Unfortunately, yes. Plus, we'd miss our wives - pains in the ass that they both are. We're stuck, Bobby. May as well suck it up and deal with it."</p><p></p><p>"Sometimes I hate being a responsible family man," Bobby groused.</p><p></p><p>"You and me both brother," JR grumbled back. "You and me both."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Your credentials are impeccable," Sue Ellen told the young lady. "You are really more qualified for a full-time, live-in position. Why would you want to take a part-time job with me?"</p><p></p><p>"I'm finishing my last year in art school," the girl told her. "I need to concentrate more on my studies. A full-time job won't allow me to do that."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and chewed at her bottom lip. JR had agreed to allow her to hire a part-time nanny to help around the condo so that Sue Ellen could concentrate fully in getting their new house built. The agency had sent over several candidates and Miranda here was certainly the most qualified.</p><p></p><p>But…</p><p></p><p>She was young. And beautiful. And JR was still JR.</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing, this opportunity is perfect for me. I promise if you give me a chance, you won't be disappointed."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sighed heavily and shook her head. Miranda was the perfect. She had so much experience and she believed in caring for children with more understanding love than strict discipline.</p><p></p><p>There were always going to be beautiful women around JR. She truly believed that he was dedicated to her completely now. Surely after all they'd shared together recently, he wouldn't be tempted by a nanny - no matter how young and beautiful she was.</p><p></p><p>"Alright, Miranda," Sue Ellen smiled, "the job is yours if you want it."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, I do!"</p><p></p><p>"When can you start?"</p><p></p><p>"How does tomorrow sound?"</p><p></p><p>"Just perfect" Sue Ellen stood up and shook the girl's hand. "Tomorrow is perfect."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR paced back and forth impatiently. He looked at his watch and growled. Time was getting short. He and Sue Ellen were due at Southfork at 7:00. "Well?" He snapped.</p><p></p><p>"Would you give me a few minutes?" Dr. Michaels snapped back. "This is a lot of information…" His voice broke off and he studied the paper in front of him carefully. "Wait a second…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" JR snapped again.</p><p></p><p>"You're sure these records are accurate?"</p><p></p><p>"They should be. They came straight from Jordan Lee's doctor. Why?" </p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing, do you know what an RH favor is?"</p><p></p><p>"No. Should I?"</p><p></p><p>"Not really. Most people have never heard of it. And I know you're in a hurry so I won't bother to explain it. The only thing that's important is that Jordan Lee's is negative and Kristen's is positive."</p><p></p><p>"So?'</p><p></p><p>"So," Micheals looked up and met JR's eyes, "there's no way in hell Jordan Lee fathered that baby."</p><p></p><p>"Are you sure?"</p><p></p><p>"Dead sure. We have a winner in the Kristen Sheppard baby sweepstakes, Mr. Ewing."</p><p></p><p>"Barnes?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Cliff Barnes had to be the father. There's no doubt about it."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You understand, Lucy?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. At least he's willing to talk."</p><p></p><p>Yes he is," Bobby reached out and took her hand. "And that's a very good thing."</p><p></p><p>"Will JR agree?"</p><p></p><p>"I think so. I think he'll do it for you."</p><p></p><p>Lucy nodded and smiled up at her uncle. "Thank you, Uncle Bobby."</p><p></p><p>"You're welcome, honey."</p><p></p><p>He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "You ready for tonight?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," she laughed. "I already took a sedative."</p><p></p><p>Bobby shot her a disapproving look and she laughed harder. "I'm only kidding."</p><p></p><p>"Too bad," Bobby sighed. "I was going to ask you to share."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe it won't be as bad as you think."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe," Bobby muttered. "But Daddy was at the office all day and he never came out of his office. And Harv Smithfield was in there twice. I have a bad feeling, Lucy. A very, VERY bad feeling."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Would you hurry up, Sue Ellen?" JR yelled from the kitchen. "We're already late!"</p><p></p><p>He growled when she didn't answer. He crossed his arms and leaned against the kitchen counter to wait. That woman would be late for her own damned funeral. </p><p></p><p>She hadn't even started to get ready when he got home. She made an excuse about having a busy day and needing to talk to him about it all later. He'd told her he had some things to tell her too and sent her off to the bedroom with orders to hurry the hell up.</p><p></p><p>John Ross made a sudden noise from his spot on the floor and JR bent to see what he wanted. He rolled his eyes when he saw the spit up around the boy's mouth. He grabbed a paper towel and wiped his mouth before it stained his clothes. "That's just want we don't need, boy," JR told his son. "If your mama has to change you, we'll never get out of here…" </p><p></p><p>He had moved to the trashcan to throw away the used paper towel. "Why are there flowers in the trash?" He wondered out loud.</p><p></p><p>He reached down and pulled the roses from the trash, finding the card underneath them. His face darkened with pure fury as he read the printed words.</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR, I'm ready…" </p><p></p><p>The smile froze on Sue Ellen's face and she turned ghost white. "JR...I can explain…"</p><p></p><p>"Can you?" His voice was low and dangerous.</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I was going to tell you after dinner."</p><p></p><p>"Is that so?" </p><p></p><p>He swept the flowers off the counter, back in the trashcan and folded up the card and put it in his pocket. "I'll look forward to hearing it. We're late. Let's go."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"Let's go, Sue Ellen," he said again, his voice hard and cold. "I don't have time for a confessional right now. My Daddy is expecting me." </p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 264793, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Thirty-two: *** JR grinned mischievously and let his eyes rake over his wife's body. She was standing with her back to him at the kitchen counter, assembling the ingredients for breakfast. He walked up behind her and smacked her lightly on her bottom. "Hurry up, Miss Texas," he whispered into her ear. "I worked up a huge appetite last night." Sue Ellen jumped and let out a little squeal, "Stop sneaking up behind me like the, JR. You're going to give me a heart attack!" "I like sneaking up behind you," he dropped his head to nibble at her neck. "The view is amazing." "JR…" she moaned a weak protest. "If you want breakfast you need to behave." "All of the sudden," he told her, reaching down to grab the hem of her nightgown and bunch it around her waist, "my hunger has nothing to do with food." He unbuckled his belt and shook his pants down his body. "You make me crazy," he whispered into her ear. She moaned deeply and ground her bare bottom against his erection. "Now, JR." "No, Miss Texas," he slipped his hand between her legs and found her most sensitive spot, "I thought we agreed last night that you weren't the boss of me." Sue Ellen spread her legs wider and leaned against the kitchen counter for support as he pleasured her. "God, you're a bastard sometimes." "Aw, honey. You're going to hurt my feelings," he teased her. "Would be a shame if I had to stop pleasing you because I was so heartbroken by your insults." "Don't you dare stop!" She bucked against his hand wildly. "Please!" JR laughed and brought up his free hand to tease her nipples. "I'm going to make you explode," his fingers increased their pace against her slick wanhood. "Then I'm going to bend you over this counter and f**k your brains out. Will that please you Sue Ellen? Or am I being too vulgar?" Sue Ellen threw back her head and screamed as she climaxed. She struggled to breath, her chest heaving and her body covered in sweat. "Take me now, JR," she demanded huskily, bending over slightly and resting her weight on her elbows on the kitchen counter. "NOW!" JR slipped his leg between her knees, forcing her legs further apart. "You're gonna have to say it, Sue Ellen. I want to hear you get vulgar too." "f**k me, JR," she said without hesitation. "f**k me hard." JR almost came right then. Hearing her talk dirty made him absolutely crazy. He slammed into her from behind over and over until they crashed head on into an intense orgasm together. After it was over, he helped her cover herself with her gown again and then yanked up his own pants. "I need a shower now," Sue Ellen told him. Her.voice was hoarse and she seemed to have trouble.meeting his eyes. "Please excuse me for a few moments." "No," JR stopped her, gently but firmly. "Honey, you're not embarrassed are you?" "A little," Sue Ellen shrugged. "I'm not used to being.." "Vulgar?" He finished for her. "Sue Ellen, you're a lady to your very soul. I love that about you. I also love it when you get down and dirty with me. We're married honey. There's no shame in it." "I know, JR. I just... it's all so new." "I know," he pulled her close and nuzzled her neck. "And it'll only keep getting better. I'm glad you finally trust me enough to let go with me." Sue Ellen smiled shyly and started to answer him when John Ross let out a shrill cry from his bedroom. "Go on and take your shower," JR backed away from her. "I'll take care of the boy.' "Alright, JR. Thank you." "We're going to finish this conversation later though. Understand me?" "Yes," she nodded and blushed. JR watched her walk away then headed to the nursery to get his son. A lot of their problems in the past had come from their mutual sexual hang-ups. They were making serious progress in dealing with them and he was determined to make sure that their stupid ideas about wives and womanhood never came between them ever again. *"" "Are you going to call Gary today?" Bobby finished straightening his tie and turned to face his wife. "Yes. But I have no idea what I'm going to say." "Why not just tell him the truth?" Pam asked. "Tell him his daughter needs him in her life and that JR has promised not to interfere." "A promise from JR won't mean very much to Gary," Bobby sighed. "Look, I'll do the best that I can, but Lucy shouldn't get her hopes up too high. A lot of water is under Gary's bridge. He might not want to come home. Not even for his daughter." "I hope you're wrong, Bobby," Pam said sadly. "Lucy will be devastated if he won't even try." "You going to the hospital this morning?" He changed the subject. "Yes. Hoping Cliff might be able to talk...at least enough to say a few words." "Need me to come with you?" "No. Any Ewing would cause tension for him. Even you." "Alright, Pam. But Cliff still had a lot to answer for. It can't be put off forever." "I know. He just needs time to get a little stronger." Bobby nodded and slipped on his jacket. If Cliff was able to talk, then JR and he were going to have to see him as soon as possible. Time is the one luxury they just didn't have. *** "Jock, I wish you would reconsider." "My mind is made up, Harv. You just do as you're told and have the will ready today. I need it at dinner tonight." "You're cutting them all out. Ellie isn't going to be happy." "And I don't care," Jock snapped. "My granddaughter has defied me one too many times. And no child of my gold digging, trashy daughters-in-law will ever get their hands on my company." "But JR and Bobby.." "Can still inherit. Gary too for that matter. All any of them have to do is divorce the tramps they married." "This might backfire on you." "It won't," Jock snarled. "And it's none of your concern anyway. Just do your damn job and leave my family to me." *** Dusty hung up the phone and smiled. Everything was set. Soon enough, Sue Ellen would see what a piece of garbage her husband still was and she'd come back to him. He hated knowing she would be hurt again. But it had to be done. It wasn't like he was framing JR. He was just giving him an opportunity to show his true colors. His plan may hurry the process along, but JR would cheat eventually anyway. All he was doing was moving up the timeline on the inevitable. "Dusty?" "Yeah, Dad?" Dusty rolled his chair around to face his father. "Shouldn't you be getting ready for your physical therapy?" Dusty glanced at his watch and shrugged. "You're right. My therapist will be here any minute." "Try not to overdo it again today," Clayton advised. "Yesterday was too much." "I have to push myself," Dusty told him. "The sooner I can get out of this chair and back on my feet, the better." "Why the hurry?" "Let's just say that I have my reasons," Dusty rolled past his father and out of the room. "Yes," Clayton muttered under this breath. "I know you do." *** "He been in to see you?" "Nope," Bobby answered his brother, flopping down onto the couch in JR's office. "You?" "No," JR grumbled. "And I gotta tell you it makes me nervous knowing he was holed up in his office with Harv all morning." "Me too," Bobby agreed. "But if Daddy is cooking up a nasty surprise for us, we won't know until he's ready to spring it." "True. You heard from Pam yet?" "Yes. Cliff can talk, but only a little. The doctors say it might be a few days before he can string together coherent sentences." "We don't have a few days," JR sighed. "No. We don't. I'm supposed to meet with Kristen again tomorrow." "I guess we need to go see Jordan," JR groused. "Can't put it off any longer." . "No. We really can't." The brothers stood up and moved toward the office door. JR retrieved his hat from the rack and put it on his head. "Bobby, do you remember Lisa Brackman?" "Who?" "She was one of Daddy's secretaries when we were kids." "Oh right! The red head with the enormous…" he held his hands out in front of his chest and laughed. "Yeah. Her." "What about her?" "Do you ever remember her coming to Southfork?" "No. Why?" "No reason really," JR shrugged. "Just had a sudden memory of her being at the house. Doesn't matter. Let's go see Jordan and get it over with." *** Sue Ellen put John Ross down gently and ran to the door. "Coming!" She opened the door and was greeted by a delivery man holding a huge bouquet of red roses. "Sue Ellen Sheppard?" "Ewing." "What?" "Nevermind. Yes, I'm Sue Ellen." "Sign here, please." Sue Ellen signed the slip and took the roses. "Wait here and I'll get you a tip." "No need, ma'am. The sender has been quite generous already. Have a good day." Sue Ellen closed the door and shook her head. JR liked to send her roses, but his were always yellow. Plus, he never would have addressed a gift to her in her maiden name. She sat the roses on the kitchen counter and pulled out the card. She gasped in shock and horror when she read the card "My dearest Sue Ellen, I'm sorry for the way I acted the other day. It was hard for me to see you with JR. I want you to know I've been thinking. I changed my mind. I'm not giving up on you. You deserve a man who truly loves you. I'm that man. With love - Dusty." "Oh my God," Sue Ellen breathed out. "Oh my God!" **" "That was awkward as hell." JR grimaced and climbed under the wheel of his car. Bobby was right. Questioning Jordan Lee about his sex life hadn't been a pleasant experience. "We need to talk to Dr. Michaels again. If there's some way to test for paternity that isn't dangerous for the baby, we need to do it now." "Yes. JR, I can't go see Michaels. I still have to call Gary." "Right. I forgot about that. I'll drop you at the office and go see the doctor myself." "Great. Don't know which one of us has the dirtier job." "You think this is bad, just wait until tonight when we have to face Daddy." Bobby made a face and growled under his breath. "JR, do you think we're too old to run away from home?" JR burst out laughing and put the car in gear. "Unfortunately, yes. Plus, we'd miss our wives - pains in the ass that they both are. We're stuck, Bobby. May as well suck it up and deal with it." "Sometimes I hate being a responsible family man," Bobby groused. "You and me both brother," JR grumbled back. "You and me both." *** "Your credentials are impeccable," Sue Ellen told the young lady. "You are really more qualified for a full-time, live-in position. Why would you want to take a part-time job with me?" "I'm finishing my last year in art school," the girl told her. "I need to concentrate more on my studies. A full-time job won't allow me to do that." Sue Ellen nodded and chewed at her bottom lip. JR had agreed to allow her to hire a part-time nanny to help around the condo so that Sue Ellen could concentrate fully in getting their new house built. The agency had sent over several candidates and Miranda here was certainly the most qualified. But… She was young. And beautiful. And JR was still JR. "Mrs. Ewing, this opportunity is perfect for me. I promise if you give me a chance, you won't be disappointed." Sue Ellen sighed heavily and shook her head. Miranda was the perfect. She had so much experience and she believed in caring for children with more understanding love than strict discipline. There were always going to be beautiful women around JR. She truly believed that he was dedicated to her completely now. Surely after all they'd shared together recently, he wouldn't be tempted by a nanny - no matter how young and beautiful she was. "Alright, Miranda," Sue Ellen smiled, "the job is yours if you want it." "Oh, I do!" "When can you start?" "How does tomorrow sound?" "Just perfect" Sue Ellen stood up and shook the girl's hand. "Tomorrow is perfect." *** JR paced back and forth impatiently. He looked at his watch and growled. Time was getting short. He and Sue Ellen were due at Southfork at 7:00. "Well?" He snapped. "Would you give me a few minutes?" Dr. Michaels snapped back. "This is a lot of information…" His voice broke off and he studied the paper in front of him carefully. "Wait a second…" "What?" JR snapped again. "You're sure these records are accurate?" "They should be. They came straight from Jordan Lee's doctor. Why?" "Mr. Ewing, do you know what an RH favor is?" "No. Should I?" "Not really. Most people have never heard of it. And I know you're in a hurry so I won't bother to explain it. The only thing that's important is that Jordan Lee's is negative and Kristen's is positive." "So?' "So," Micheals looked up and met JR's eyes, "there's no way in hell Jordan Lee fathered that baby." "Are you sure?" "Dead sure. We have a winner in the Kristen Sheppard baby sweepstakes, Mr. Ewing." "Barnes?" "Yes. Cliff Barnes had to be the father. There's no doubt about it." *** "You understand, Lucy?" "Yes. At least he's willing to talk." Yes he is," Bobby reached out and took her hand. "And that's a very good thing." "Will JR agree?" "I think so. I think he'll do it for you." Lucy nodded and smiled up at her uncle. "Thank you, Uncle Bobby." "You're welcome, honey." He leaned forward and kissed her cheek. "You ready for tonight?" "Yeah," she laughed. "I already took a sedative." Bobby shot her a disapproving look and she laughed harder. "I'm only kidding." "Too bad," Bobby sighed. "I was going to ask you to share." "Maybe it won't be as bad as you think." "Maybe," Bobby muttered. "But Daddy was at the office all day and he never came out of his office. And Harv Smithfield was in there twice. I have a bad feeling, Lucy. A very, VERY bad feeling." *** "Would you hurry up, Sue Ellen?" JR yelled from the kitchen. "We're already late!" He growled when she didn't answer. He crossed his arms and leaned against the kitchen counter to wait. That woman would be late for her own damned funeral. She hadn't even started to get ready when he got home. She made an excuse about having a busy day and needing to talk to him about it all later. He'd told her he had some things to tell her too and sent her off to the bedroom with orders to hurry the hell up. John Ross made a sudden noise from his spot on the floor and JR bent to see what he wanted. He rolled his eyes when he saw the spit up around the boy's mouth. He grabbed a paper towel and wiped his mouth before it stained his clothes. "That's just want we don't need, boy," JR told his son. "If your mama has to change you, we'll never get out of here…" He had moved to the trashcan to throw away the used paper towel. "Why are there flowers in the trash?" He wondered out loud. He reached down and pulled the roses from the trash, finding the card underneath them. His face darkened with pure fury as he read the printed words. "Alright, JR, I'm ready…" The smile froze on Sue Ellen's face and she turned ghost white. "JR...I can explain…" "Can you?" His voice was low and dangerous. "Yes. I was going to tell you after dinner." "Is that so?" He swept the flowers off the counter, back in the trashcan and folded up the card and put it in his pocket. "I'll look forward to hearing it. We're late. Let's go." "JR…" "Let's go, Sue Ellen," he said again, his voice hard and cold. "I don't have time for a confessional right now. My Daddy is expecting me." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top