Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 265503" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Thirty-seven:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"It's important to me that both of you know I don't want anything from Jock Ewing."</p><p></p><p>Bobby and JR were both in shock. Ray had told them about Jock revealing his true paternity and had brought them his mother's diary to read.</p><p></p><p>"Ray…" Bobby breathed out, "you…"</p><p></p><p>"Don't Bobby," Ray sighed. "I already told you, I'm not after anything. I just wanted the two of you to know the truth."</p><p></p><p>"How long has Daddy known?" JR asked, closing the diary and tossing it to the side.</p><p></p><p>"Months," Ray answered. "He paid Amos Krebbs quite a tidy sum to keep his mouth shut."</p><p></p><p>JR's eyes narrowed and he stood up and walked to the window. </p><p></p><p>"JR?" Bobby asked in a soft voice. "What are we going to do?"</p><p></p><p>JR didn't turn around. He just stared out the window and tried to organize his thoughts.</p><p></p><p>"Listen, Ray," he finally said in a tightly controlled voice, "this is quite the bombshell you dropped on us."</p><p></p><p>"I know, JR and I'm sorry. I had to tell you."</p><p></p><p>"Yes, I know. Eventually we're going to have to deal with all the implications of this. But not right now."</p><p></p><p>"JR, surely you're not suggesting that we keep this from Mama!" Bobby protested. "She has the right to know."</p><p></p><p>JR turned around finally and settled his eyes on Bobby's face. "We'll tell her. As hard as this is going to be for all of us, this actually could work in our favor."</p><p></p><p>"What are you talking about, JR?" Ray asked.</p><p></p><p>"This is the line he never should have crossed," JR told them matter of factly. "This is the way we get Mama's support once and for all."</p><p></p><p>"Now wait just a minute, JR!" Ray protested. "I won't be used to hurt that woman!"</p><p></p><p>"I'm not going to hurt her," JR replied flatly. "Daddy has already taken care of doing that. But I'm gonna make damn sure she finally sees him for what he really is. This could save Ewing Oil, Ray. This could save us all." </p><p></p><p>He paused and walked away from the window. "Are you with me, Bobby?"</p><p></p><p>Bobby sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair. "Damnit, JR," he grumbled. "I don't like it one bit. But yes. Yes. I'm with you."</p><p></p><p>"Ray?"</p><p></p><p>"I told you the truth," Ray told him. "That's the end of my involvement. But I won't stand in your way."</p><p></p><p>JR nodded and turned back to the window. He felt sorry for his mother. But what he was going to do needed to be done.</p><p></p><p>And he was the only one strong enough to do it.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Jock, if you do this, there's no going back."</p><p></p><p>Jock rolled his eyes at his lawyer and shrugged. "Good. There won't be any going back for JR either."</p><p></p><p>Harv sucked in a deep breath and forced himself to remain silent. </p><p></p><p>When Sue Ellen had first been charged with shooting JR, Jock had hired a PI to investigate every corner of her life. The PI had interviewed a former ranch hand who Ray had fired for stealing and had uncovered some very disturbing information."I just want to warn you that JR may not react to this the way you think he will. Jock, he may side with her over you."</p><p></p><p>"JR is my son," Jock remenknd him. "I know him like the back of my hand. My other sons are weak, but not JR. When he finds out the truth about that slut he married he'll drop her so fast she won't know what hit her. He'll be back at my side before you know it and the rest of them can go to hell."</p><p></p><p>Harv dropped his eyes to the papers in front of him and decided not to argue. "Alright, Jock. Everything is ready. The custody suit is ready to be filed. All we need is JR's signature."</p><p></p><p>"He'll sign as soon as I speak to him."</p><p></p><p>"When will that be?"</p><p></p><p>"First thing in the morning," Jock smiled.</p><p></p><p>"Alright. Don't forget about your doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. You need to keep it."</p><p></p><p>"You just worry about your business," Jock snarled at him. "And stay the hell out of mine."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Are we going to tell him?" Bobby nodded his head at Gary.</p><p></p><p>Ray was gone. Gary and Lucy were sitting on the other side of the patio talking to Ellie. JR and Bobby had gathered their wives and told them about Ray's revelation.</p><p></p><p>"Not yet," JR answered his brother's question. "I need some time to think about the best way to approach Mama. I'll worry about Gary later."</p><p></p><p>"This is all so awful," Pam sighed. "Poor Miss Ellie will be crushed."</p><p></p><p>JR sat silently as Bobby and Pam talked about how this would affect Miss Ellie. His eyes were on his wife. He expected her to be upset by the news of Ray's paternity, but she hadn't said much at all. Her eyes though...her eyes were sad and scared.</p><p></p><p>At first it had crossed his mind that she was worried about sharing the Ewing fortune with yet another heir, but he quickly dismissed that idea. That might have been the case in the past, but she didn't seem to be particularly worried about protecting his inheritance anymore.</p><p></p><p>Maybe she was worried about how he was going to react to the news that he had another brother. She knew him so well. She probably figured his subdued reaction was only the calm before the storm.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?" He said her name softly. "Are you alright?"</p><p></p><p>"What?" Her head jerked up and her body tensed. "Oh yes. I guess I'm just in shock."</p><p></p><p>"We all are," Bobby sighed.</p><p></p><p>JR grunted but didn't say anything else. He noticed she didn't seem to be able to look him in the eyes.</p><p></p><p>He knew this woman. Something was wrong.</p><p></p><p>"Collect John Ross," he told her. "We're going home."</p><p></p><p>"What?" She sat up straight. "So early? You haven't even spent any time with Gary."</p><p></p><p>"He'll be here for days," JR told her. "I need to get off this ranch and be alone with you for a while."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, JR," she stood and headed into the house.</p><p></p><p>"JR, I know you need to sleep on all this, but we need to tell Mama as soon as possible. It won't take Daddy long to figure out Ray told us the truth."</p><p></p><p>JR looked over at Bobby and nodded. "Agreed," he said flatly. "I'll call you in the morning."</p><p></p><p>He stood up and made his way over Ellie, Lucy, and Gary to say his goodbyes.</p><p></p><p>He knew he should be focused on the situation with Ray, but something about Sue Ellen's behavior was gnawing at his insides.</p><p></p><p>She seemed…</p><p></p><p>Guilty.</p><p></p><p>And he needed to know why.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Ray was sick to his stomach.</p><p></p><p>Miss Ellie was going to be devastated.</p><p></p><p>That woman had been good to him. She didn't deserve the heartache she had coming.</p><p></p><p>And Lucy… </p><p></p><p>Ray almost vomited. He's had sex with his neice. And not just once, but over and over.</p><p></p><p>And Sue Ellen…</p><p></p><p>Jesus…</p><p></p><p>He'd slept with his brother's wife.</p><p></p><p>JR would kill him if he ever found out.</p><p></p><p>"Calm down," Ray said to himself.</p><p></p><p>After all the only two people in the world who knew about that one night stand were him and Sue Ellen. And she sure as hell would never tell JR.</p><p></p><p>Would she?</p><p></p><p>And would Lucy?</p><p></p><p>He couldn't hold it down anymore. He ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet on time.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen needed a shower. She felt so... dirty.</p><p></p><p>All these years, she and Ray had pretended their tawdry night of drunken sex had never happened.</p><p></p><p>But now…</p><p></p><p>She knew she could never tell JR. But God help her, she was scared to death that the weight of the secret would destroy her.</p><p></p><p>"You gonna tell me what's bothering you?" JR asked her finally. She had been silent and sullen all the way home from Southfork. When they'd gotten into the condo, she'd taken John Ross straight to the nursery and put him to bed without speaking one word to her husband.</p><p></p><p>"I just…"</p><p></p><p>"What?"</p><p></p><p>"JR, maybe we shouldn't use this against Jock. I mean, we all have made terrible mistakes in our past. Should we have to pay for every sin for the rest of our lives?"</p><p></p><p>"It's not about the past, Sue Ellen. It's about the present. This isn't about a long lost bastard showing up. It's about the fact that he knew it and he lied to Mama about it."</p><p></p><p>"Yes...but maybe…"</p><p></p><p>"What?" JR snapped. </p><p></p><p>"Maybe he didn't want to tell her because he wanted to keep her from being hurt."</p><p></p><p>"I doubt that," JR laughed shortly. "But even if it's true, it doesn't excuse it. Sue Ellen you know as well as I do that secrets and lies are destructive to a marriage."</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she said softly. "I do."</p><p></p><p>"Honey, what the hell is going on in your head? Please tell me."</p><p></p><p>"I…" she took a deep breath and turned away from him. "I need a shower, JR. Then we'll talk, okay?"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen…"</p><p></p><p>"Please," she whispered. "I just need to clear my head. I have something to tell you. I promise I will. But I need a few moments to myself first."</p><p></p><p>"Alright, honey. Whatever it is...remember that I love you."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen reached out and gently touched his face. "I know, JR. And I hope you always do."</p><p></p><p>JR said nothing as he watched her walk away from him toward the bedroom.</p><p></p><p>"Oh, Miss Texas," he sighed to himself, "what the hell did you do?"</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 265503, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Thirty-seven: *** "It's important to me that both of you know I don't want anything from Jock Ewing." Bobby and JR were both in shock. Ray had told them about Jock revealing his true paternity and had brought them his mother's diary to read. "Ray…" Bobby breathed out, "you…" "Don't Bobby," Ray sighed. "I already told you, I'm not after anything. I just wanted the two of you to know the truth." "How long has Daddy known?" JR asked, closing the diary and tossing it to the side. "Months," Ray answered. "He paid Amos Krebbs quite a tidy sum to keep his mouth shut." JR's eyes narrowed and he stood up and walked to the window. "JR?" Bobby asked in a soft voice. "What are we going to do?" JR didn't turn around. He just stared out the window and tried to organize his thoughts. "Listen, Ray," he finally said in a tightly controlled voice, "this is quite the bombshell you dropped on us." "I know, JR and I'm sorry. I had to tell you." "Yes, I know. Eventually we're going to have to deal with all the implications of this. But not right now." "JR, surely you're not suggesting that we keep this from Mama!" Bobby protested. "She has the right to know." JR turned around finally and settled his eyes on Bobby's face. "We'll tell her. As hard as this is going to be for all of us, this actually could work in our favor." "What are you talking about, JR?" Ray asked. "This is the line he never should have crossed," JR told them matter of factly. "This is the way we get Mama's support once and for all." "Now wait just a minute, JR!" Ray protested. "I won't be used to hurt that woman!" "I'm not going to hurt her," JR replied flatly. "Daddy has already taken care of doing that. But I'm gonna make damn sure she finally sees him for what he really is. This could save Ewing Oil, Ray. This could save us all." He paused and walked away from the window. "Are you with me, Bobby?" Bobby sighed heavily and ran his hand through his hair. "Damnit, JR," he grumbled. "I don't like it one bit. But yes. Yes. I'm with you." "Ray?" "I told you the truth," Ray told him. "That's the end of my involvement. But I won't stand in your way." JR nodded and turned back to the window. He felt sorry for his mother. But what he was going to do needed to be done. And he was the only one strong enough to do it. *** "Jock, if you do this, there's no going back." Jock rolled his eyes at his lawyer and shrugged. "Good. There won't be any going back for JR either." Harv sucked in a deep breath and forced himself to remain silent. When Sue Ellen had first been charged with shooting JR, Jock had hired a PI to investigate every corner of her life. The PI had interviewed a former ranch hand who Ray had fired for stealing and had uncovered some very disturbing information."I just want to warn you that JR may not react to this the way you think he will. Jock, he may side with her over you." "JR is my son," Jock remenknd him. "I know him like the back of my hand. My other sons are weak, but not JR. When he finds out the truth about that slut he married he'll drop her so fast she won't know what hit her. He'll be back at my side before you know it and the rest of them can go to hell." Harv dropped his eyes to the papers in front of him and decided not to argue. "Alright, Jock. Everything is ready. The custody suit is ready to be filed. All we need is JR's signature." "He'll sign as soon as I speak to him." "When will that be?" "First thing in the morning," Jock smiled. "Alright. Don't forget about your doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon. You need to keep it." "You just worry about your business," Jock snarled at him. "And stay the hell out of mine." *** "Are we going to tell him?" Bobby nodded his head at Gary. Ray was gone. Gary and Lucy were sitting on the other side of the patio talking to Ellie. JR and Bobby had gathered their wives and told them about Ray's revelation. "Not yet," JR answered his brother's question. "I need some time to think about the best way to approach Mama. I'll worry about Gary later." "This is all so awful," Pam sighed. "Poor Miss Ellie will be crushed." JR sat silently as Bobby and Pam talked about how this would affect Miss Ellie. His eyes were on his wife. He expected her to be upset by the news of Ray's paternity, but she hadn't said much at all. Her eyes though...her eyes were sad and scared. At first it had crossed his mind that she was worried about sharing the Ewing fortune with yet another heir, but he quickly dismissed that idea. That might have been the case in the past, but she didn't seem to be particularly worried about protecting his inheritance anymore. Maybe she was worried about how he was going to react to the news that he had another brother. She knew him so well. She probably figured his subdued reaction was only the calm before the storm. "Sue Ellen?" He said her name softly. "Are you alright?" "What?" Her head jerked up and her body tensed. "Oh yes. I guess I'm just in shock." "We all are," Bobby sighed. JR grunted but didn't say anything else. He noticed she didn't seem to be able to look him in the eyes. He knew this woman. Something was wrong. "Collect John Ross," he told her. "We're going home." "What?" She sat up straight. "So early? You haven't even spent any time with Gary." "He'll be here for days," JR told her. "I need to get off this ranch and be alone with you for a while." "Alright, JR," she stood and headed into the house. "JR, I know you need to sleep on all this, but we need to tell Mama as soon as possible. It won't take Daddy long to figure out Ray told us the truth." JR looked over at Bobby and nodded. "Agreed," he said flatly. "I'll call you in the morning." He stood up and made his way over Ellie, Lucy, and Gary to say his goodbyes. He knew he should be focused on the situation with Ray, but something about Sue Ellen's behavior was gnawing at his insides. She seemed… Guilty. And he needed to know why. *** Ray was sick to his stomach. Miss Ellie was going to be devastated. That woman had been good to him. She didn't deserve the heartache she had coming. And Lucy… Ray almost vomited. He's had sex with his neice. And not just once, but over and over. And Sue Ellen… Jesus… He'd slept with his brother's wife. JR would kill him if he ever found out. "Calm down," Ray said to himself. After all the only two people in the world who knew about that one night stand were him and Sue Ellen. And she sure as hell would never tell JR. Would she? And would Lucy? He couldn't hold it down anymore. He ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet on time. *** Sue Ellen needed a shower. She felt so... dirty. All these years, she and Ray had pretended their tawdry night of drunken sex had never happened. But now… She knew she could never tell JR. But God help her, she was scared to death that the weight of the secret would destroy her. "You gonna tell me what's bothering you?" JR asked her finally. She had been silent and sullen all the way home from Southfork. When they'd gotten into the condo, she'd taken John Ross straight to the nursery and put him to bed without speaking one word to her husband. "I just…" "What?" "JR, maybe we shouldn't use this against Jock. I mean, we all have made terrible mistakes in our past. Should we have to pay for every sin for the rest of our lives?" "It's not about the past, Sue Ellen. It's about the present. This isn't about a long lost bastard showing up. It's about the fact that he knew it and he lied to Mama about it." "Yes...but maybe…" "What?" JR snapped. "Maybe he didn't want to tell her because he wanted to keep her from being hurt." "I doubt that," JR laughed shortly. "But even if it's true, it doesn't excuse it. Sue Ellen you know as well as I do that secrets and lies are destructive to a marriage." "Yes," she said softly. "I do." "Honey, what the hell is going on in your head? Please tell me." "I…" she took a deep breath and turned away from him. "I need a shower, JR. Then we'll talk, okay?" "Sue Ellen…" "Please," she whispered. "I just need to clear my head. I have something to tell you. I promise I will. But I need a few moments to myself first." "Alright, honey. Whatever it is...remember that I love you." Sue Ellen reached out and gently touched his face. "I know, JR. And I hope you always do." JR said nothing as he watched her walk away from him toward the bedroom. "Oh, Miss Texas," he sighed to himself, "what the hell did you do?" *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top