Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 265628" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Thirty-eight:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen took a deep breath and forced herself to look into JR's eyes. "Say something. Please."</p><p></p><p>JR stood up and walked to the kitchen. "I need a drink," he finally said, pulling his stash of bourbon out of the top cabinet.</p><p></p><p>"JR..I was drunk. It was a mistake."</p><p></p><p>"It was a mistake alright," he snapped angrily. "Go to bed, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"JR, we have to talk this through!"</p><p></p><p>"No, we don't," he told her. "If we talk about this right now, I'm going to say some things I won't ever be able to take back. Just go to bed."</p><p></p><p>"JR .."</p><p></p><p>"I mean it, Sue Ellen. Get out of my sight. Please."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sobbed deeply, but stood up and walked into the bedroom as he had instructed her.</p><p></p><p>"God damnit," JR tossed back a whole glass of bourbon. "Damn it all "</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I'm telling you, Bobby, she was acting strange."</p><p></p><p>"Well, she's probably scared JR will go off the deep end. Truth be told, I'm a little worried about that myself."</p><p></p><p>"I don't know," Pam said doubtfully. "Sue Ellen looked sick. Maybe she wasn't feeling well."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe," Bobby sighed. "I'm feeling pretty nauseous about all of this myself."</p><p></p><p>Pam kissed him on the cheek and settled her body against his. This was all so awful. Bobby and JR had no time to deal with their own emotions about finding out Ray was their brother. The both were focused on Miss Ellie and Ewing Oil.</p><p></p><p>And Sue Ellen…</p><p></p><p>Pam couldn't shake the feeling that there was something bothering Sue Ellen that had nothing at all to do with either her mother-in-law or the company.</p><p></p><p>She promised herself she would call Sue Ellen first thing in the morning, then closed her eyes and tried to force herself to sleep.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>The sun was coming up.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen sat up and looked at the empty space in the bed beside her.</p><p></p><p>She climbed out of the bed and walked to her vanity and sat down, studying her own face. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying and her lip from the chewing.</p><p></p><p>JR hadn't come to bed last night. She'd had to fight every instinct in her body not to go to him.</p><p></p><p>"Get out of my sight. Please."</p><p></p><p>She felt tears leak from her eyes and down her cheeks as she remembered his words.</p><p></p><p>He would never forgive her.</p><p></p><p>Not for this.</p><p></p><p>Not ever.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Harv drank his coffee and looked out over the beautiful scene of the Dallas skyline as the sun came up.</p><p></p><p>He hadn't slept a wink last night. Jock Ewing and his family had weighed too heavily on his mind to allow him to sleep.</p><p></p><p>He had been Jock's lawyer for so many years. But Harvey considered Jock to be more than just a client - he was a very dear friend.</p><p></p><p>Jock was a hard man. But he'd always loved his family, especially Ellie.</p><p></p><p>And JR.. </p><p></p><p>JR had inherited the worst qualities of his father. It was now time to see if he had inherited the best of his father too.</p><p></p><p>He stood up and retrieved his briefcase.</p><p></p><p>He knew what he was about to do might very well destroy his career and get him disbarred.</p><p></p><p>But if he could save Jock Ewing from himself, it would all be worth it.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>JR took a deep breath and opened the bedroom door. The bed was empty, but he heard water running in the bathroom.</p><p></p><p>He walked to the closet and pulled out a fresh shirt and a clean suit. He laid it across the bed and walked to the bathroom door. He steeled his nerves, opened the door, and gasped when he was hit smack in the face by a wave of hot steam.</p><p></p><p>He could barely see, the steam was so thick. He suddenly noticed the floor was wet. His eyes went to the bathtub and he saw it was so full that water was running over the side and soaking the floor.</p><p></p><p>Then he saw her.</p><p></p><p>She was lying, sprawled on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet.</p><p></p><p>He moved to her immediately, sinking down onto his knees and gently shaking her. "Sue Ellen," he whispered frantically. "Honey! Wake up!"</p><p></p><p>He suddenly noticed the blood on the floor. He examined her closely. He saw the wound on her head, right over her right ear. There was so much blood. Her hair was soaked and matted with it. "Oh Jesus!" He picked her up, carried her to the bed and carefully laid her down. He picked up the phone and quickly dialed 911. "I need an ambulance! Now! My wife hit her head, she's bleeding badly, and I can't wake her up!"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Miranda rolled over and groaned in protest. It wasn't even 7 a.m. yet. Who in the world could be calling so early. She reached out, picked up the phone, and brought it up to her face. "Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"Miranda?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," she said again, her voice thick with sleep. "Who is this?"</p><p></p><p>"Pamela Ewing. I'm sorry if I woke you. Sue Ellen has had an accident. An ambulance took her to the hospital. JR went with her of course. I'm at the condo with John Ross. I hate to ask, but I was hoping you could come to work early so I could go to the hospital."</p><p></p><p>"Of course!" Miranda sat up straight in the bed."I'll be there as soon as I can."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you," Pam sighed with relief. "See you soon."</p><p></p><p>Miranda hung up the phone and quickly dialed Dusty's number. "It's me. Yes I know it's early. I just thought you'd like to know that Sue Ellen had some kind of accident. She's at the hospital. No, I don't know what happened. Listen, I have to get over there to babysit John Ross. I'll call you back as soon as I know anything else."</p><p></p><p>She hung the phone up, threw the covers off, and jumped out of bed.</p><p></p><p>She hoped Sue Ellen was okay. She seemed like such a nice lady. It would be a shame if something bad happened to her.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Poor Sue Ellen. Are you sure we shouldn't go to the hospital? Lucy asked.</p><p></p><p>"You heard Bobby," Ellen sighed. "JR doesn't want anyone there but Bobby and Pam."</p><p></p><p>"Maybe I should go to the condo and check on John Ross then."</p><p></p><p>"Pam called the nanny," Gary told her.</p><p></p><p>"Well, the nanny is brand new. I'd feel better if I took care of him myself. I can't just sit here and do nothing!"</p><p></p><p>"If JR wanted our help, he'd ask for it," Gary said bitterly.</p><p></p><p>"JR is probably too upset and worried to know what he wants!" Lucy pushed her chair away from the table and stood up. "You guys can sit around here on your asses if you want to. I'm going to help!"</p><p></p><p>"Let her go, Gary," Ellie warned him when he stood up to go after her. "She and Sue Ellen have become close. She needs to handle this in her own way."</p><p></p><p>Gary sat down and bit back a growl.</p><p></p><p>It was the same story at Southfork as always. JR was in control and he was shut completely out.</p><p></p><p>He shouldn't have ever come back here.</p><p></p><p>It all had been a huge mistake to come home.</p><p></p><p>And now he couldn't wait to get the hell away.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing?"</p><p></p><p>JR shot off his chair and walked swiftly to the nurses desk.</p><p></p><p>"Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"Dr. Franklin wanted me to tell you that he would be out to speak to you in a few minutes. Your wife is being admitted for some tests and you can see her as soon as she is settled into her room."</p><p></p><p>"What kind of tests?" He demanded.</p><p></p><p>"The doctor will explain everything to you."</p><p></p><p>"Is she alright?"</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing, just have a seat. Everything will be explained to you by the doctor."</p><p></p><p>"Is she alright?" JR asked again. "Please! Tell me something!"</p><p></p><p>"JR," Bobby took him by the arm and pulled him back to the waiting area, "come sit down. She can't tell you what she doesn't know."</p><p></p><p>"This is my fault," JR told his brother, letting him lead him back to a chair to wait. "We had a fight last night. I told her to get out of my sight."</p><p></p><p>"JR, all married couples fight. She fell. It was an accident."</p><p></p><p>"You don't understand, Bobby," JR's voice was anguished. "I was so cold to her."</p><p></p><p>"She'll be fine, JR, and when she wakes up you can tell her you're sorry."</p><p></p><p>"Oh, God, Bob," he ground out. "I AM sorry. So deeply sorry. She has to be okay. She just HAS to be."</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 265628, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Thirty-eight: *** Sue Ellen took a deep breath and forced herself to look into JR's eyes. "Say something. Please." JR stood up and walked to the kitchen. "I need a drink," he finally said, pulling his stash of bourbon out of the top cabinet. "JR..I was drunk. It was a mistake." "It was a mistake alright," he snapped angrily. "Go to bed, Sue Ellen." "JR, we have to talk this through!" "No, we don't," he told her. "If we talk about this right now, I'm going to say some things I won't ever be able to take back. Just go to bed." "JR .." "I mean it, Sue Ellen. Get out of my sight. Please." Sue Ellen sobbed deeply, but stood up and walked into the bedroom as he had instructed her. "God damnit," JR tossed back a whole glass of bourbon. "Damn it all " *** "I'm telling you, Bobby, she was acting strange." "Well, she's probably scared JR will go off the deep end. Truth be told, I'm a little worried about that myself." "I don't know," Pam said doubtfully. "Sue Ellen looked sick. Maybe she wasn't feeling well." "Maybe," Bobby sighed. "I'm feeling pretty nauseous about all of this myself." Pam kissed him on the cheek and settled her body against his. This was all so awful. Bobby and JR had no time to deal with their own emotions about finding out Ray was their brother. The both were focused on Miss Ellie and Ewing Oil. And Sue Ellen… Pam couldn't shake the feeling that there was something bothering Sue Ellen that had nothing at all to do with either her mother-in-law or the company. She promised herself she would call Sue Ellen first thing in the morning, then closed her eyes and tried to force herself to sleep. *** The sun was coming up. Sue Ellen sat up and looked at the empty space in the bed beside her. She climbed out of the bed and walked to her vanity and sat down, studying her own face. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying and her lip from the chewing. JR hadn't come to bed last night. She'd had to fight every instinct in her body not to go to him. "Get out of my sight. Please." She felt tears leak from her eyes and down her cheeks as she remembered his words. He would never forgive her. Not for this. Not ever. *** Harv drank his coffee and looked out over the beautiful scene of the Dallas skyline as the sun came up. He hadn't slept a wink last night. Jock Ewing and his family had weighed too heavily on his mind to allow him to sleep. He had been Jock's lawyer for so many years. But Harvey considered Jock to be more than just a client - he was a very dear friend. Jock was a hard man. But he'd always loved his family, especially Ellie. And JR.. JR had inherited the worst qualities of his father. It was now time to see if he had inherited the best of his father too. He stood up and retrieved his briefcase. He knew what he was about to do might very well destroy his career and get him disbarred. But if he could save Jock Ewing from himself, it would all be worth it. *** JR took a deep breath and opened the bedroom door. The bed was empty, but he heard water running in the bathroom. He walked to the closet and pulled out a fresh shirt and a clean suit. He laid it across the bed and walked to the bathroom door. He steeled his nerves, opened the door, and gasped when he was hit smack in the face by a wave of hot steam. He could barely see, the steam was so thick. He suddenly noticed the floor was wet. His eyes went to the bathtub and he saw it was so full that water was running over the side and soaking the floor. Then he saw her. She was lying, sprawled on the bathroom floor in front of the toilet. He moved to her immediately, sinking down onto his knees and gently shaking her. "Sue Ellen," he whispered frantically. "Honey! Wake up!" He suddenly noticed the blood on the floor. He examined her closely. He saw the wound on her head, right over her right ear. There was so much blood. Her hair was soaked and matted with it. "Oh Jesus!" He picked her up, carried her to the bed and carefully laid her down. He picked up the phone and quickly dialed 911. "I need an ambulance! Now! My wife hit her head, she's bleeding badly, and I can't wake her up!" *** Miranda rolled over and groaned in protest. It wasn't even 7 a.m. yet. Who in the world could be calling so early. She reached out, picked up the phone, and brought it up to her face. "Yeah?" "Miranda?" "Yeah," she said again, her voice thick with sleep. "Who is this?" "Pamela Ewing. I'm sorry if I woke you. Sue Ellen has had an accident. An ambulance took her to the hospital. JR went with her of course. I'm at the condo with John Ross. I hate to ask, but I was hoping you could come to work early so I could go to the hospital." "Of course!" Miranda sat up straight in the bed."I'll be there as soon as I can." "Thank you," Pam sighed with relief. "See you soon." Miranda hung up the phone and quickly dialed Dusty's number. "It's me. Yes I know it's early. I just thought you'd like to know that Sue Ellen had some kind of accident. She's at the hospital. No, I don't know what happened. Listen, I have to get over there to babysit John Ross. I'll call you back as soon as I know anything else." She hung the phone up, threw the covers off, and jumped out of bed. She hoped Sue Ellen was okay. She seemed like such a nice lady. It would be a shame if something bad happened to her. *** "Poor Sue Ellen. Are you sure we shouldn't go to the hospital? Lucy asked. "You heard Bobby," Ellen sighed. "JR doesn't want anyone there but Bobby and Pam." "Maybe I should go to the condo and check on John Ross then." "Pam called the nanny," Gary told her. "Well, the nanny is brand new. I'd feel better if I took care of him myself. I can't just sit here and do nothing!" "If JR wanted our help, he'd ask for it," Gary said bitterly. "JR is probably too upset and worried to know what he wants!" Lucy pushed her chair away from the table and stood up. "You guys can sit around here on your asses if you want to. I'm going to help!" "Let her go, Gary," Ellie warned him when he stood up to go after her. "She and Sue Ellen have become close. She needs to handle this in her own way." Gary sat down and bit back a growl. It was the same story at Southfork as always. JR was in control and he was shut completely out. He shouldn't have ever come back here. It all had been a huge mistake to come home. And now he couldn't wait to get the hell away. *** "Mr. Ewing?" JR shot off his chair and walked swiftly to the nurses desk. "Yes?" "Dr. Franklin wanted me to tell you that he would be out to speak to you in a few minutes. Your wife is being admitted for some tests and you can see her as soon as she is settled into her room." "What kind of tests?" He demanded. "The doctor will explain everything to you." "Is she alright?" "Mr. Ewing, just have a seat. Everything will be explained to you by the doctor." "Is she alright?" JR asked again. "Please! Tell me something!" "JR," Bobby took him by the arm and pulled him back to the waiting area, "come sit down. She can't tell you what she doesn't know." "This is my fault," JR told his brother, letting him lead him back to a chair to wait. "We had a fight last night. I told her to get out of my sight." "JR, all married couples fight. She fell. It was an accident." "You don't understand, Bobby," JR's voice was anguished. "I was so cold to her." "She'll be fine, JR, and when she wakes up you can tell her you're sorry." "Oh, God, Bob," he ground out. "I AM sorry. So deeply sorry. She has to be okay. She just HAS to be." *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top