Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 265811" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Thirty-nine:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing? I'm Dr. Franklin."</p><p></p><p>JR stood up and wrung his hands together. "Is she okay?"</p><p></p><p>"She fainted. She hit the side of her head on something sharp - maybe the corner of the bathroom sink I admitted her for testing and observation. I want to run a CT scan on her brain to check for serious damage. It's a bit troubling that she hasn't regained consciousness yet."</p><p></p><p>JR's entire body sagged. "When can I see her?"</p><p></p><p>"After her scan is finished. You'll be glad to know that the baby seems to be fine."</p><p></p><p>"Baby? What baby?"</p><p></p><p>The doctor's eyes widened in surprise. "You...you did know your wife was pregnant?"</p><p></p><p>"Pregnant? Sue Ellen is pregnant?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes...Mr. Ewing...I'm sorry. Mrs Ewing is several weeks along. I just assumed…"</p><p></p><p>"I didn't know," JR told him. </p><p></p><p>"I should get back and make sure she gets that scan. A nurse will come to get you as soon as she's back in her room."</p><p></p><p>JR watched the doctor walk away and let out a ragged sigh.</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen is tough, JR," Bobby put his hand on his brother's shoulder to comfort him." I'm sure she'll be just fine."</p><p></p><p>JR turned, walked back to a chair, sank down, and buried his face in his hand. "Why didn't she tell me, Bob? Why would she keep our baby a secret from me?"</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Oh!" Pam has opened the front door of JR and Sue Ellen's condo and almost run smack into Harv Smithfield.</p><p></p><p>"Good morning, Pam," he nodded to her. "I'm sorry I startled you. I came to see JR."</p><p></p><p>"I'm sorry, Harv, JR isn't here. He's at the hospital with Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen? Is she alright?"</p><p></p><p>"She fainted and hit her head this morning. She hasn't woken up yet."</p><p></p><p>"Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that."</p><p></p><p>"I'm on my way over there now. I'll tell him you stopped by."</p><p></p><p>"Thank you, Pam. Please tell him it's very important."</p><p></p><p>"I will," she promised, "but I doubt he'll be interested in anything you have to say until he knows Sue Ellen is going to be alright."</p><p></p><p>"Understood. I'll walk you to the elevator."</p><p></p><p>Pam nodded and followed him down the hall. Harv pushed the button, stepped inside with her and wondered to himself how he was going to convince Jock Ewing from dropping his bombshell this morning.</p><p></p><p>One thing was sure; if Jock went after Sue Ellen while she was hurt, JR would never forgive him - and there would never be any peace in the Ewing family ever again.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Dusty hung up the phone and bit back a curse.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen had hit her head and was in the hospital.</p><p></p><p>Miranda had overheard Lucy and Pam talking and apparently JR had told Bobby that he felt guilty because he and Sue Ellen had some sort of argument last night.</p><p></p><p>Dusty was pleased to know they were fighting, but he was worried to death about her condition. Miranda said she hadn't woken up yet.</p><p></p><p>"JR did it to you again, Sue Ellen," he muttered to himself. "So help me God, he will never get the chance to hurt you ever again."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Ray?"</p><p></p><p>Ray lifted his eyes from the newspaper and looked at Donna. "Yeah?"</p><p></p><p>"Are you going to the hospital?"</p><p></p><p>"Now why would I want to go and do something as stupid as that?"</p><p></p><p>"JR is your brother," she reminded him. </p><p></p><p>"A fact he only found out about last night," Ray told her. "He has enough to deal with without having to put up with me being there."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," she said softly. "I guess I just thought that maybe since you guys are family, you ought to start acting like it."</p><p></p><p>"I'll go check on Miss Ellie later," Ray said. "But I'm going to leave JR and Bobby alone until they want to see me. They need time to accept the truth. I refuse to push them."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"You really don't have to stay," Miranda told Lucy. "John Ross and I will be fine together."</p><p></p><p>"Yes. I guess you will. You're very good with him."</p><p></p><p>"He's a wonderful baby," Miranda smiled. "Why don't you go on to the hospital. That's where you really want to be, isn't it?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. But JR said he only wanted Pam and Bobby there."</p><p></p><p>"That's strange. Why wouldn't he want the whole family there for support?"</p><p></p><p>"JR and Sue Ellen...they've had it rough in the past. I guess he just wants to keep the drama down to a dull roar. But I'm so worried. About her. And about him. He...he loves her so much. If anything happens to her it will kill him."</p><p></p><p>"Go to him, Lucy. He probably needs you and just doesn't realize it."</p><p></p><p>"You know what? You're right. Thanks, Miranda."</p><p></p><p>Miranda smiled and nodded at the other women then turned her gaze back to John Ross.</p><p></p><p>Pam and Lucy had spoken about a fight between JR and Sue Ellen. But they both had also talked about how much he loved her.</p><p></p><p>She wasn't going to waste any more time trying to figure out what was between the Ewings. She was tired of sneaking around and reporting back to Me. Farlow.</p><p></p><p>It was time to put JR Ewing to the test. If he passed, then she would leave him and his wife alone.</p><p></p><p>If he failed? Then Mr. Farlow would have everything he wanted and Miranda could leave Dallas with enough money to start a brand new life.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing?"</p><p></p><p>"Dr. Franklin?" JR looked up to see the doctor standing over him. "How's my wife?"</p><p></p><p>"Awake and alert," the doctor smiled at him. "And I must say, very anxious to see you."</p><p></p><p>"The scan?" </p><p></p><p>"No major damage. She's going to be just fine. We'll keep her overnight for observation, but it's really just a precaution. She's a bit dehydrated, which is probably what caused the fainting episode. She…"</p><p></p><p>"Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"Well, Mr. Ewing, apparently she didn't have any idea she was pregnant. I didn't tell her I'd already told you. I figured I'd leave it up to you to either let her know you knew or let her tell you so you could act surprised."</p><p></p><p>"She didn't know?"</p><p></p><p>"No clue."</p><p></p><p>"How did she…" JR struggled to find the right words. "What was her reaction?"</p><p></p><p>"Appropriate. Shocked. Happy but apprehensive."</p><p></p><p>"Apprehensive how?'"</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Ewing, many women feel some fear when they first learn they're pregnant. As I said, her reaction was very appropriate. Would you like to see her now?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. Yes. Absolutely. Please lead the way."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Harv sat in his car and gathered up his nerves.</p><p></p><p>He would give anything to avoid having to do this, but there was no choice.</p><p></p><p>He couldn't go to JR now; not with Sue Ellen in the hospital. It was out of the question.</p><p></p><p>He'd thought about speaking with Bobby, but the youngest Ewing boy was completely cowed by his father. Telling him the truth wouldn't lead to badly needed confirmation that would put an end to Jock's nonsense.</p><p></p><p>No.</p><p></p><p>There were only two people in the world who had enough strength to stand up to Jock and put him in his place. Since he couldn't go to JR…</p><p></p><p>He had to go to Ellie.</p><p></p><p>There was no choice.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned her head toward his voice and winced in pain. "JR…" she moaned softly.</p><p></p><p>JR walked fully into the room and gasped when he saw her. She looked just awful -pale and weak. Her eyes were sunken in and surrounded by black circles. Her bottom lip was split and swollen. There was a huge white bandage on her head that ran from her forehead to just above her right ear. "Oh, honey…"</p><p></p><p>Tears spilled out of her eyes and she turned her head away from him. "I'm sorry."</p><p></p><p>"For what?" He asked her softly, sitting down in the chair beside her bed and taking her hand.</p><p></p><p>"I didn't do this on purpose."</p><p></p><p>"Of course not! Why in the world would I ever think that?"</p><p></p><p>"We...we were fighting. I didn't want you to think I did it to get attention…"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen, sometimes you get a little crazy," he chuckled, "but I know you're not crazy enough to hurt yourself just to get me to pay attention."</p><p></p><p>She nodded and winced again.</p><p></p><p>"Does it hurt bad, honey?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," she told him truthfully. "But I can't have anything for the pain because…"</p><p></p><p>"Because why?"</p><p></p><p>"The doctors said ibuprofen would be enough," she mumbled, unable to meet his eyes.</p><p></p><p>JR's eyebrows shot together, but he didn't push her. "Your doctor said they need to keep you overnight. I'll have Pam bring you some things."</p><p></p><p>"John Ross?"</p><p></p><p>"Miranda is with him for now. I'll have Pam or Lucy take him to the ranch later."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen nodded and studied him carefully. "What else did the doctor tell you?"</p><p></p><p>"Just that you were dehydrated, fainted, and hit your head but that you're going to be fine."</p><p></p><p>"JR…" she hesitated and took a deep breath.</p><p></p><p>He pulled her hand up to his mouth and kissed it softly. "What is it, honey?"</p><p></p><p>"I…" her tears started flowing again. She wanted so badly to tell him about the baby. But she couldn't - not yet. They still needed to work through her one night stand with Ray. She needed to know if he could forgive her and still love her as deeply as he had before he knew. If she told him about the baby now, he'd stay with her for that reason alone, regardless of how he really felt. "About Ray…"</p><p></p><p>"Look, last night I found out I had a brother I never knew about and that my wife had slept with him. You should understand why I reacted the way I did."</p><p></p><p>"Of course, JR, but…"</p><p></p><p>"But nothing," he cut her off. "You're hurt and you need your rest and I don't want to talk about it right now."</p><p></p><p>"JR, we HAVE to talk about it!"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. But not right now. I mean it, Sue Ellen. Drop it."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen closed her eyes and sank back into her pillows.</p><p></p><p>He was still angry.</p><p></p><p>He hadn't forgiven her yet.</p><p></p><p>And part of her was terrified that he never would.</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 265811, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Thirty-nine: *** "Mr. Ewing? I'm Dr. Franklin." JR stood up and wrung his hands together. "Is she okay?" "She fainted. She hit the side of her head on something sharp - maybe the corner of the bathroom sink I admitted her for testing and observation. I want to run a CT scan on her brain to check for serious damage. It's a bit troubling that she hasn't regained consciousness yet." JR's entire body sagged. "When can I see her?" "After her scan is finished. You'll be glad to know that the baby seems to be fine." "Baby? What baby?" The doctor's eyes widened in surprise. "You...you did know your wife was pregnant?" "Pregnant? Sue Ellen is pregnant?" "Yes...Mr. Ewing...I'm sorry. Mrs Ewing is several weeks along. I just assumed…" "I didn't know," JR told him. "I should get back and make sure she gets that scan. A nurse will come to get you as soon as she's back in her room." JR watched the doctor walk away and let out a ragged sigh. "Sue Ellen is tough, JR," Bobby put his hand on his brother's shoulder to comfort him." I'm sure she'll be just fine." JR turned, walked back to a chair, sank down, and buried his face in his hand. "Why didn't she tell me, Bob? Why would she keep our baby a secret from me?" *** "Oh!" Pam has opened the front door of JR and Sue Ellen's condo and almost run smack into Harv Smithfield. "Good morning, Pam," he nodded to her. "I'm sorry I startled you. I came to see JR." "I'm sorry, Harv, JR isn't here. He's at the hospital with Sue Ellen." "Sue Ellen? Is she alright?" "She fainted and hit her head this morning. She hasn't woken up yet." "Oh no. I'm so sorry to hear that." "I'm on my way over there now. I'll tell him you stopped by." "Thank you, Pam. Please tell him it's very important." "I will," she promised, "but I doubt he'll be interested in anything you have to say until he knows Sue Ellen is going to be alright." "Understood. I'll walk you to the elevator." Pam nodded and followed him down the hall. Harv pushed the button, stepped inside with her and wondered to himself how he was going to convince Jock Ewing from dropping his bombshell this morning. One thing was sure; if Jock went after Sue Ellen while she was hurt, JR would never forgive him - and there would never be any peace in the Ewing family ever again. *** Dusty hung up the phone and bit back a curse. Sue Ellen had hit her head and was in the hospital. Miranda had overheard Lucy and Pam talking and apparently JR had told Bobby that he felt guilty because he and Sue Ellen had some sort of argument last night. Dusty was pleased to know they were fighting, but he was worried to death about her condition. Miranda said she hadn't woken up yet. "JR did it to you again, Sue Ellen," he muttered to himself. "So help me God, he will never get the chance to hurt you ever again." *** "Ray?" Ray lifted his eyes from the newspaper and looked at Donna. "Yeah?" "Are you going to the hospital?" "Now why would I want to go and do something as stupid as that?" "JR is your brother," she reminded him. "A fact he only found out about last night," Ray told her. "He has enough to deal with without having to put up with me being there." "Alright," she said softly. "I guess I just thought that maybe since you guys are family, you ought to start acting like it." "I'll go check on Miss Ellie later," Ray said. "But I'm going to leave JR and Bobby alone until they want to see me. They need time to accept the truth. I refuse to push them." *** "You really don't have to stay," Miranda told Lucy. "John Ross and I will be fine together." "Yes. I guess you will. You're very good with him." "He's a wonderful baby," Miranda smiled. "Why don't you go on to the hospital. That's where you really want to be, isn't it?" "Yes. But JR said he only wanted Pam and Bobby there." "That's strange. Why wouldn't he want the whole family there for support?" "JR and Sue Ellen...they've had it rough in the past. I guess he just wants to keep the drama down to a dull roar. But I'm so worried. About her. And about him. He...he loves her so much. If anything happens to her it will kill him." "Go to him, Lucy. He probably needs you and just doesn't realize it." "You know what? You're right. Thanks, Miranda." Miranda smiled and nodded at the other women then turned her gaze back to John Ross. Pam and Lucy had spoken about a fight between JR and Sue Ellen. But they both had also talked about how much he loved her. She wasn't going to waste any more time trying to figure out what was between the Ewings. She was tired of sneaking around and reporting back to Me. Farlow. It was time to put JR Ewing to the test. If he passed, then she would leave him and his wife alone. If he failed? Then Mr. Farlow would have everything he wanted and Miranda could leave Dallas with enough money to start a brand new life. *** "Mr. Ewing?" "Dr. Franklin?" JR looked up to see the doctor standing over him. "How's my wife?" "Awake and alert," the doctor smiled at him. "And I must say, very anxious to see you." "The scan?" "No major damage. She's going to be just fine. We'll keep her overnight for observation, but it's really just a precaution. She's a bit dehydrated, which is probably what caused the fainting episode. She…" "Yes?" "Well, Mr. Ewing, apparently she didn't have any idea she was pregnant. I didn't tell her I'd already told you. I figured I'd leave it up to you to either let her know you knew or let her tell you so you could act surprised." "She didn't know?" "No clue." "How did she…" JR struggled to find the right words. "What was her reaction?" "Appropriate. Shocked. Happy but apprehensive." "Apprehensive how?'" "Mr. Ewing, many women feel some fear when they first learn they're pregnant. As I said, her reaction was very appropriate. Would you like to see her now?" "Yes. Yes. Absolutely. Please lead the way." *** Harv sat in his car and gathered up his nerves. He would give anything to avoid having to do this, but there was no choice. He couldn't go to JR now; not with Sue Ellen in the hospital. It was out of the question. He'd thought about speaking with Bobby, but the youngest Ewing boy was completely cowed by his father. Telling him the truth wouldn't lead to badly needed confirmation that would put an end to Jock's nonsense. No. There were only two people in the world who had enough strength to stand up to Jock and put him in his place. Since he couldn't go to JR… He had to go to Ellie. There was no choice. *** "Sue Ellen?" Sue Ellen turned her head toward his voice and winced in pain. "JR…" she moaned softly. JR walked fully into the room and gasped when he saw her. She looked just awful -pale and weak. Her eyes were sunken in and surrounded by black circles. Her bottom lip was split and swollen. There was a huge white bandage on her head that ran from her forehead to just above her right ear. "Oh, honey…" Tears spilled out of her eyes and she turned her head away from him. "I'm sorry." "For what?" He asked her softly, sitting down in the chair beside her bed and taking her hand. "I didn't do this on purpose." "Of course not! Why in the world would I ever think that?" "We...we were fighting. I didn't want you to think I did it to get attention…" "Sue Ellen, sometimes you get a little crazy," he chuckled, "but I know you're not crazy enough to hurt yourself just to get me to pay attention." She nodded and winced again. "Does it hurt bad, honey?" "Yes," she told him truthfully. "But I can't have anything for the pain because…" "Because why?" "The doctors said ibuprofen would be enough," she mumbled, unable to meet his eyes. JR's eyebrows shot together, but he didn't push her. "Your doctor said they need to keep you overnight. I'll have Pam bring you some things." "John Ross?" "Miranda is with him for now. I'll have Pam or Lucy take him to the ranch later." Sue Ellen nodded and studied him carefully. "What else did the doctor tell you?" "Just that you were dehydrated, fainted, and hit your head but that you're going to be fine." "JR…" she hesitated and took a deep breath. He pulled her hand up to his mouth and kissed it softly. "What is it, honey?" "I…" her tears started flowing again. She wanted so badly to tell him about the baby. But she couldn't - not yet. They still needed to work through her one night stand with Ray. She needed to know if he could forgive her and still love her as deeply as he had before he knew. If she told him about the baby now, he'd stay with her for that reason alone, regardless of how he really felt. "About Ray…" "Look, last night I found out I had a brother I never knew about and that my wife had slept with him. You should understand why I reacted the way I did." "Of course, JR, but…" "But nothing," he cut her off. "You're hurt and you need your rest and I don't want to talk about it right now." "JR, we HAVE to talk about it!" "Yes. But not right now. I mean it, Sue Ellen. Drop it." Sue Ellen closed her eyes and sank back into her pillows. He was still angry. He hadn't forgiven her yet. And part of her was terrified that he never would. *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top