Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 265956" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Forty:</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Are you finished?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Kiefer eyed the DA suspiciously. There was something about the other lawyer's demeanor that was making him nervous. "I'm sure you'll agree with me that given Mr. Barnes' sworn affidavit that Mrs. Sheppard didn't mean to shoot him, you have no case."</p><p></p><p>"I could see how you might think that," the DA told him cooly. "But you'd be wrong."</p><p></p><p>"Excuse me?"</p><p></p><p>"Mr. Kiefer, I know your reputation. You're a damn fine attorney so I won't play games with you. Mr. Barnes is a liar. As soon as he is able to leave the hospital, I'm charging him with perjury for filing a false affidavit."</p><p></p><p>"What are you talking about?"</p><p></p><p>"This," the DA pulled a cassette tape from his top desk drawer. "It's an audio recording of the shooting. Feel free to keep it. That's only a copy."</p><p></p><p>"Where did you get this?"</p><p></p><p>"Came special delivery to Detective Phillips. No return address."</p><p></p><p>"What's on it?"</p><p></p><p>"You can listen to it yourself. Let's just say it's clear that your client did intend to shoot Cliff Barnes and that she intended to kill him."</p><p></p><p>Kiefer picked the audio cassette up and put it in his briefcase. "I'll be in touch."</p><p></p><p>"One other thing, Mr. Kiefer. You and the Ewings made a pure mockery of our court during Mrs. Ewing's trial. I know JR is paying you to defend his mother-in-law. If I find out JR or his wife had anything at all to do with Barnes lying to the police, I'll prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Do you understand me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," Kiefer replied shortly. "I understand just fine."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Can I get you anything else Harv?"</p><p></p><p>"No, Miss Ellie. Thank you for the coffee."</p><p></p><p>"Of course. What can I do for you?"</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ellie, I am getting ready to end my career. I'm going to break attorney/client privilege. I hope you understand that I would never do such a thing if I thought there was any other way to handle this."</p><p></p><p>"Handle what?"</p><p></p><p>"Miss Ellie...there are things….things you don't know and things that are going to be very difficult to hear and hurt you very deeply. I would never say these things to you unless I absolutely had to.</p><p></p><p>"What's going on, Harv?"</p><p></p><p>"Ellie. Jock isn't... well. And I'm afraid his condition is causing him to make reckless decisions that are going to destroy your family forever."</p><p></p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Wonder what they were fighting about?"</p><p></p><p>Bobby looked at Lucy and shrugged. "Who knows? The truth is that JR is under an incredible amount of stress right now. Maybe he finally just snapped and took it all out on her."</p><p></p><p>"We're all under a lot of stress. JR needs to suck it up like the rest of us."</p><p></p><p>Pam and Bobby exchanged knowing glances but said nothing. Lucy didn't know that Ray was Jock's son or that JR had taken it on himself to tell Miss Ellie.</p><p></p><p>JR had come out to the waiting room, told them Sue Ellen was alright and resting, and that they should all go home.</p><p></p><p>"Lucy, can you stop by the condo and get John Ross?" Pam finally broke the awkward silence. "I want to stick around here for a while."</p><p></p><p>"Sure," Lucy shrugged. "But you heard JR. He doesn't want us here."</p><p></p><p>"That's just too bad," Pam replied. "Sue Ellen is obviously very upset over whatever happened last night. She hasn't even told him about the baby yet. I'm going to stay and see if I can get her to talk to me."</p><p></p><p>"Suit yourself," Lucy stood up. "But be careful. Getting in between JR and Sue Ellen during one of their battles is a good way to make yourself collateral damage. I'll see you guys back at Southfork later."</p><p></p><p>Bobby watched his niece stand up and walk away then turned back to his wife. "She's right you know. It's not a good idea to interfere with JR and Sue Ellen's marriage."</p><p></p><p>"I just want to talk to her, Bobby," Pam defended herself. "I told you last night there was something wrong with her. She obviously isn't comfortable talking to JR about whatever it is. She hasn't even told him she's pregnant!"</p><p></p><p>"About the baby, Pam," Bobby said softly. "Are you okay?"</p><p></p><p>Pam smiled sadly and nodded. "Sue Ellen is my friend. I love her and I'm very happy for her. Yes, it's hard knowing I can't have my own child, but that doesn't diminish my joy for her."</p><p></p><p>Bobby leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Pam."</p><p></p><p>"I love you too," she smiled back at him. "So very much."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What now?" JR snapped, closing his paper and tossing it onto the floor.</p><p></p><p>"Nothing, JR," Sue Ellen sniffled.</p><p></p><p>"Nothing?" He mocked her. "Then why the water works again?'</p><p></p><p>"You know why!"</p><p></p><p>"Oh for God's sake," he growled. "Sue Ellen, you're driving me insane! I don't want to talk about it! I just don't!"</p><p></p><p>"We can't ignore it, JR!"</p><p></p><p>"Do you think I don't know that?" He raged at her. "Do you honestly think I'm sitting here thinking about ANYTHING else?"</p><p></p><p>"If you're thinking about it, then why not talk about it?"</p><p></p><p>"Because I don't know what I'll say! I don't even know how I feel. And I know if you force me to do this before I've come to terms with it in my mind that I'll say something that will do lasting damage to our marriage that I won't be able to take back!"</p><p></p><p>"I'm starting to think lasting damage has already been done, JR."</p><p></p><p>"Has it?" He snarled. "You tell me."</p><p></p><p>"JR…'</p><p></p><p>"Mrs. Ewing?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned her head and frowned at the nurse who had just come into her room. "Yes?"</p><p></p><p>"Are you alright? Your blood pressure and your heart rate both just went through the roof."</p><p></p><p>"I'm fine," Sue Ellen mumbled and turned her head away.</p><p></p><p>"Listen, Sue Ellen," JR stood up. "I'm going to leave you alone and let you rest. I'll be back later."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen said nothing as he brushed past the nurse and left the room.</p><p></p><p>"Can I get you anything, Mrs. Ewing?" The nurse asked her.</p><p></p><p>"No," Sue Ellen held back her tears and waved her hand dismissively. "Please just leave me alone." </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Ellie walked out to the patio and sat down beside her son.</p><p></p><p>"Mama? Are you alright?" Gary leaned forward and took her hand. "You look like you've seen a ghost!'</p><p></p><p>"I'm…" she shook her head and took a deep breath. "I'm fine, Gary. Can you please do me a favor?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course," he told her, his voice full of concern. "Anything."</p><p></p><p>"Call the hospital. Tell your brothers they have to come home right now. Call Ray Krebbs and get him over here too."</p><p></p><p>"What's this all about Mama?"</p><p></p><p>"The future of this family," she said evenly. "I need to talk to all of you at once before your father destroys us all completely, once and for all."</p><p></p><p>**"</p><p></p><p>"What do you think she wants?"</p><p></p><p>JR had come storming into the waiting room right after Gary had called the hospital and told him Miss Ellie needed him and JR to come home immediately.</p><p></p><p>"I don't know," JR grumbled. "But we may as well tell her about Ray while we're there."</p><p></p><p>"You sure JR? I mean with Sue Ellen being in the hospital, wouldn't you rather wait?"</p><p></p><p>"No. We have to tell her before Daddy does. It's the only way to make sure she sees it from our side instead of his."</p><p></p><p>Bobby nodded but didn't reply. The truth was he was very worried about his brother. It wasn't like him to be so willing to leave Sue Ellen when she was hurt. And he seemed...angry. Very angry.</p><p></p><p>Bobby had no idea what JR and Sue Ellen were fighting about, but he had a sneaking suspicion whatever it was was very serious. He prayed for JR's sake - for everyone's sake - that they figured out some way to work it out.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Can I get you anything?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen turned her head away from Pam and stared out the window. "No. I'm fine. Thank you."</p><p></p><p>Pam sighed heavily and sank down into her seat. Something was very wrong with her friend.</p><p></p><p>JR has made her swear she wouldn't tell Sue Ellen that he knew about the baby and so far, Sue Ellen hadn't brought it up. She should be bursting with joy, but instead she was silent and sullen and she kept crying.</p><p></p><p>Pam forced herself not to push. Sue Ellen was in a lot of pain and couldn't have anything strong for it. She didn't want to make the situation worse by forcing her to talk if she didn't want to.</p><p></p><p>Still, she couldn't help but to wonder what JR had done this time. Sue Ellen was obviously devastated by whatever had happened. It wouldn't surprise her one bit if JR Ewing was up to his old tricks.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"What's this all about Gary?" JR demanded, moving to the bar and making himself a drink.</p><p></p><p>"I have no idea," Gary told him. "All I know is Mama told me to get you two and Ray over here and that she wanted to talk to us about Daddy."</p><p></p><p>"Ray?" JR spat the name. "Ray is coming over here?"</p><p></p><p>"Yeah," Gary shrugged. "He's on his way."</p><p></p><p>Bobby moved close to JR and whispered in his ear, "You think Mama already knows?"</p><p></p><p>JR didn't answer. He slammed back his drink and poured himself another.</p><p></p><p>"I got here as soon as I could."</p><p></p><p>JR looked up just in time to see Ray enter the living room. He put his drink down and strode over to the other man. "You son of a bitch!" </p><p></p><p>Without warning, JR brought up his fist and delivered a brutal blow to Ray's head, right below his left temple. "I'll kill you!" JR snarled, jumping on the other man and delivering punch after punch.</p><p></p><p>Ray fought back and Gary and Bobby ran over to separate them.</p><p></p><p>"STOP IT!" Ellie screamed from the doorway. "All of you! Stop it right now!"</p><p></p><p>***</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 265956, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of "Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Forty: *** "Are you finished?" "Yes," Kiefer eyed the DA suspiciously. There was something about the other lawyer's demeanor that was making him nervous. "I'm sure you'll agree with me that given Mr. Barnes' sworn affidavit that Mrs. Sheppard didn't mean to shoot him, you have no case." "I could see how you might think that," the DA told him cooly. "But you'd be wrong." "Excuse me?" "Mr. Kiefer, I know your reputation. You're a damn fine attorney so I won't play games with you. Mr. Barnes is a liar. As soon as he is able to leave the hospital, I'm charging him with perjury for filing a false affidavit." "What are you talking about?" "This," the DA pulled a cassette tape from his top desk drawer. "It's an audio recording of the shooting. Feel free to keep it. That's only a copy." "Where did you get this?" "Came special delivery to Detective Phillips. No return address." "What's on it?" "You can listen to it yourself. Let's just say it's clear that your client did intend to shoot Cliff Barnes and that she intended to kill him." Kiefer picked the audio cassette up and put it in his briefcase. "I'll be in touch." "One other thing, Mr. Kiefer. You and the Ewings made a pure mockery of our court during Mrs. Ewing's trial. I know JR is paying you to defend his mother-in-law. If I find out JR or his wife had anything at all to do with Barnes lying to the police, I'll prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Do you understand me?" "Yes," Kiefer replied shortly. "I understand just fine." *** "Can I get you anything else Harv?" "No, Miss Ellie. Thank you for the coffee." "Of course. What can I do for you?" "Miss Ellie, I am getting ready to end my career. I'm going to break attorney/client privilege. I hope you understand that I would never do such a thing if I thought there was any other way to handle this." "Handle what?" "Miss Ellie...there are things….things you don't know and things that are going to be very difficult to hear and hurt you very deeply. I would never say these things to you unless I absolutely had to. "What's going on, Harv?" "Ellie. Jock isn't... well. And I'm afraid his condition is causing him to make reckless decisions that are going to destroy your family forever." *** "Wonder what they were fighting about?" Bobby looked at Lucy and shrugged. "Who knows? The truth is that JR is under an incredible amount of stress right now. Maybe he finally just snapped and took it all out on her." "We're all under a lot of stress. JR needs to suck it up like the rest of us." Pam and Bobby exchanged knowing glances but said nothing. Lucy didn't know that Ray was Jock's son or that JR had taken it on himself to tell Miss Ellie. JR had come out to the waiting room, told them Sue Ellen was alright and resting, and that they should all go home. "Lucy, can you stop by the condo and get John Ross?" Pam finally broke the awkward silence. "I want to stick around here for a while." "Sure," Lucy shrugged. "But you heard JR. He doesn't want us here." "That's just too bad," Pam replied. "Sue Ellen is obviously very upset over whatever happened last night. She hasn't even told him about the baby yet. I'm going to stay and see if I can get her to talk to me." "Suit yourself," Lucy stood up. "But be careful. Getting in between JR and Sue Ellen during one of their battles is a good way to make yourself collateral damage. I'll see you guys back at Southfork later." Bobby watched his niece stand up and walk away then turned back to his wife. "She's right you know. It's not a good idea to interfere with JR and Sue Ellen's marriage." "I just want to talk to her, Bobby," Pam defended herself. "I told you last night there was something wrong with her. She obviously isn't comfortable talking to JR about whatever it is. She hasn't even told him she's pregnant!" "About the baby, Pam," Bobby said softly. "Are you okay?" Pam smiled sadly and nodded. "Sue Ellen is my friend. I love her and I'm very happy for her. Yes, it's hard knowing I can't have my own child, but that doesn't diminish my joy for her." Bobby leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "I love you, Pam." "I love you too," she smiled back at him. "So very much." *** "What now?" JR snapped, closing his paper and tossing it onto the floor. "Nothing, JR," Sue Ellen sniffled. "Nothing?" He mocked her. "Then why the water works again?' "You know why!" "Oh for God's sake," he growled. "Sue Ellen, you're driving me insane! I don't want to talk about it! I just don't!" "We can't ignore it, JR!" "Do you think I don't know that?" He raged at her. "Do you honestly think I'm sitting here thinking about ANYTHING else?" "If you're thinking about it, then why not talk about it?" "Because I don't know what I'll say! I don't even know how I feel. And I know if you force me to do this before I've come to terms with it in my mind that I'll say something that will do lasting damage to our marriage that I won't be able to take back!" "I'm starting to think lasting damage has already been done, JR." "Has it?" He snarled. "You tell me." "JR…' "Mrs. Ewing?" Sue Ellen turned her head and frowned at the nurse who had just come into her room. "Yes?" "Are you alright? Your blood pressure and your heart rate both just went through the roof." "I'm fine," Sue Ellen mumbled and turned her head away. "Listen, Sue Ellen," JR stood up. "I'm going to leave you alone and let you rest. I'll be back later." Sue Ellen said nothing as he brushed past the nurse and left the room. "Can I get you anything, Mrs. Ewing?" The nurse asked her. "No," Sue Ellen held back her tears and waved her hand dismissively. "Please just leave me alone." *** Ellie walked out to the patio and sat down beside her son. "Mama? Are you alright?" Gary leaned forward and took her hand. "You look like you've seen a ghost!' "I'm…" she shook her head and took a deep breath. "I'm fine, Gary. Can you please do me a favor?" "Of course," he told her, his voice full of concern. "Anything." "Call the hospital. Tell your brothers they have to come home right now. Call Ray Krebbs and get him over here too." "What's this all about Mama?" "The future of this family," she said evenly. "I need to talk to all of you at once before your father destroys us all completely, once and for all." **" "What do you think she wants?" JR had come storming into the waiting room right after Gary had called the hospital and told him Miss Ellie needed him and JR to come home immediately. "I don't know," JR grumbled. "But we may as well tell her about Ray while we're there." "You sure JR? I mean with Sue Ellen being in the hospital, wouldn't you rather wait?" "No. We have to tell her before Daddy does. It's the only way to make sure she sees it from our side instead of his." Bobby nodded but didn't reply. The truth was he was very worried about his brother. It wasn't like him to be so willing to leave Sue Ellen when she was hurt. And he seemed...angry. Very angry. Bobby had no idea what JR and Sue Ellen were fighting about, but he had a sneaking suspicion whatever it was was very serious. He prayed for JR's sake - for everyone's sake - that they figured out some way to work it out. *** "Can I get you anything?" Sue Ellen turned her head away from Pam and stared out the window. "No. I'm fine. Thank you." Pam sighed heavily and sank down into her seat. Something was very wrong with her friend. JR has made her swear she wouldn't tell Sue Ellen that he knew about the baby and so far, Sue Ellen hadn't brought it up. She should be bursting with joy, but instead she was silent and sullen and she kept crying. Pam forced herself not to push. Sue Ellen was in a lot of pain and couldn't have anything strong for it. She didn't want to make the situation worse by forcing her to talk if she didn't want to. Still, she couldn't help but to wonder what JR had done this time. Sue Ellen was obviously devastated by whatever had happened. It wouldn't surprise her one bit if JR Ewing was up to his old tricks. *** "What's this all about Gary?" JR demanded, moving to the bar and making himself a drink. "I have no idea," Gary told him. "All I know is Mama told me to get you two and Ray over here and that she wanted to talk to us about Daddy." "Ray?" JR spat the name. "Ray is coming over here?" "Yeah," Gary shrugged. "He's on his way." Bobby moved close to JR and whispered in his ear, "You think Mama already knows?" JR didn't answer. He slammed back his drink and poured himself another. "I got here as soon as I could." JR looked up just in time to see Ray enter the living room. He put his drink down and strode over to the other man. "You son of a bitch!" Without warning, JR brought up his fist and delivered a brutal blow to Ray's head, right below his left temple. "I'll kill you!" JR snarled, jumping on the other man and delivering punch after punch. Ray fought back and Gary and Bobby ran over to separate them. "STOP IT!" Ellie screamed from the doorway. "All of you! Stop it right now!" *** [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top