Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="CryptCreeper72" data-source="post: 269588" data-attributes="member: 5055"><p>I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended.</p><p></p><p>This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot.</p><p></p><p>The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Shot Through the Heart</p><p></p><p>Part Sixty-two:</p><p></p><p>***.</p><p></p><p>"So, we're all in agreement?"</p><p></p><p>JR and Bobby had gone into the office and Ray and Gary were out working on the ranch. The Ewing women, plus Donna were gathered around in the living room discussing their plans for the day.</p><p></p><p>"I don't know, Sue Ellen," Ellie said doubtfully. "JR may not like us doing all this behind his back."</p><p></p><p>"JR has too much on his mind to do these things - and they need to be done NOW," Sue Ellen insisted.</p><p></p><p>"Yes, but…"</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen is right," Pam cut off Ellie. "All the men are struggling with Jock's death and what it means for them. It's up to us to take care of Kristen and Vanessa."</p><p></p><p>"Agreed," Donna spoke up. "So Pam and I will meet with Kristen and Patricia and their lawyers. Sue Ellen and Miss Ellie will call Vanessa. Valene and Lucy will stay here at the ranch and help Mavis with the last minute funeral details."</p><p></p><p>"Sue Ellen," Miss Ellie carefully chose her words. "I just want you to be careful. You and JR are so close now. I don't want anything to ruin that."</p><p></p><p>"Nothing will," Sue Ellen assured her. "I promise."</p><p></p><p>"Alright," Ellie finally agreed. "We'll do things your way then."</p><p></p><p>"Good," Sue Ellen beamed. "This is all for the best. You'll see."</p><p></p><p>Ellie nodded and prayed that Sue Ellen was right. JR was a complicated man. No telling how he'd react to having all these decisions made without him. </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Bobby pushed the papers he's been reading away from him and growled under his breath.</p><p></p><p>He and JR started their year long competition today. It was hard not to be worried about what schemes his brother was cooking up in the office next door.</p><p></p><p>Bobby wasn't stupid. He saw how close JR and Gary were getting. Ray too for that matter. </p><p></p><p>Bobby knew JR too well to believe that was all about brotherly love. More likely than not, it was about control of Gary and Ray's future shares of Ewing Oil.</p><p></p><p>JR seemed to be a changed man. But that was all about Sue Ellen. As long as she was happy, JR would have no problem screwing over anyone else - especially if control of Ewing Oil was at stake.</p><p></p><p>Bobby didn't trust him. And he wasn't going to sit back and be conned by his brother ever again.</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"Bobby isn't acting right."</p><p></p><p>Gary looked up from the horse he was rubbing down and shrugged. "He's worried about the competition. He knows he's going to lose and he's expecting JR to pull some nasty tricks."</p><p></p><p>"He knows he's going to lose?" Ray repeated. "What do you mean?"</p><p></p><p>"I mean JR is a better Oilman than Bobby and Bobby knows it. So does JR for that matter."</p><p></p><p>"I think Bobby can hold his own. So long as JR keeps to his promise to play it all fair."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby can't beat JR no matter how fair the fight is," Gary replied. "JR doesn't need to cheat to win. That's why he won't."</p><p></p><p>"Bobby doesn't share your confidence."</p><p></p><p>"That's because it's easier to assume JR will cheat rather than admit he's the better man - at least in business."</p><p></p><p>"Think they're going to be able to keep the peace?" </p><p></p><p>"It will be tough, but I think Sue Ellen and Pam will help keep them on the straight and narrow."</p><p></p><p>"I hope you're right. This family has been through so much. We all need peace. Even JR."</p><p></p><p>"Especially JR," Gary corrected him. </p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>"I'm heading home," JR poked his head into Bobby's office. "Sly has copies of all the paperwork from my work today if you want to review it."</p><p></p><p>"You...you want me to review your deals?"</p><p></p><p>"No," JR laughed. "But figured you might need to in order to ease your mind."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"Don't, Bobby," JR stopped him. "I know you don't trust me. And I don't blame you. But I'm not going to cheat you and if you need to check up on me feel free. Eventually you'll figure out that I intend to keep my promise."</p><p></p><p>"Your promise to me?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes," JR said softly. "But mostly my promise to her."</p><p></p><p>Bobby's eyes grew wide with sudden understanding. "You promised Sue Ellen you'd play it straight?"</p><p></p><p>"I did," JR put his hat on his head and nodded at his brother. "See you at Southfork later."</p><p></p><p>Bobby watched as JR walked away.</p><p></p><p>JR might be willing to cheat him, but Bobby believed in his would that he would never deliberately hurt his wife again.</p><p></p><p>"Maybe things will work out fine after all."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping the vomit down.</p><p></p><p>Today has been incredibly stressful, but everything was done.</p><p></p><p>Kristen and Patricia had both readily accepted the deal Donna and Pam had presented to them. They both would stay out of jail so long as they kept to the agreement. </p><p></p><p>They'd stay in Dallas until after the baby was born, Kristen would sign over all rights to the child to Cliff, and then they would move to Europe together. If either of them ever came back to Dallas, both deals went away and they would be prosecuted for fraud and the attempted murder of Cliff Barnes.</p><p></p><p>Vanessa had been harder to handle. Turns out she had a good reason to be bitter. She'd been completely in love with JR. The day she'd found out she was pregnant with James she had been so excited. She'd gone to find him and tell him...only to find him in bed with a woman she had considered to be a good friend. She'd broken things off with him immediately, moved away, and hid her pregnancy. The birth had been traumatic and left her unable to have any more children.</p><p></p><p>She'd read about JR in the press many times over the years. His affairs. His schemes. She'd followed Sue Ellen's trial closely. She was convinced JR was the most horrible human being God had ever created.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen and Ellie had managed to calm her down enough to get her to listen to them. They described the JR Ewing that they knew. They explained he was a completely different person than the one she'd read about in the press. Sue Ellen had told her what a wonderful father he was to John Ross and how he was trying so very hard to be a better husband, son, and brother.</p><p></p><p>Vanessa had agreed to drop her demands and to wait until after Jock's funeral to work out what needed to be done for her son. Sue Ellen had thanked her profusely and promised that JR would do right by the boy.</p><p></p><p>"You alright, Miss Texas?"</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen opened her eyes and saw her husband standing next to the bed, looking down at her.</p><p></p><p>"Just fine, JR. A little tired is all."</p><p></p><p>"I finished writing Daddy's eulogy at the office," he told her. "Want to read it for me?"</p><p></p><p>"Of course," she sat up and held her hand out.</p><p></p><p>"Later," he whispered softly. He climbed into the bed beside her and pulled her down into his arms. "Much later."</p><p></p><p>**"</p><p></p><p>"It was a beautiful service," Sue Ellen told her husband. "Your eulogy was perfect."</p><p></p><p>JR shrugged out of his jacket and hung it up in the closet. "I had an interesting conversation with Harv after the funeral," he told her.</p><p></p><p>"Really?"</p><p></p><p>"Yes. He congratulated me on taking care of your sister and mother without causing a scandal. Then he told me Vanessa Beaumont had agreed to my request to postpone the paternity test until after my father's affairs were handled."</p><p></p><p>"Really" Sue Ellen was suddenly nervous.</p><p></p><p>"Uh huh," JR narrowed his eyes at her, "the problem is I had no idea what he was talking about."</p><p></p><p>"Well…" she stammered. "I've been meaning to talk to you…"</p><p></p><p>"What did you do, Miss Texas?" </p><p></p><p>She stood up straight and narrowed her shoulders. "What needed to be done."</p><p></p><p>"And you decided to do it all behind my back? Keep it all a secret from me?"</p><p></p><p>"JR, you had too much to deal with already. I was only trying to help."</p><p></p><p>He grabbed her without warning, pulled her roughly against his body, and silenced her with a hot kiss.</p><p></p><p>"Don't you ever keep those kinds of secrets from me again," he warned her roughly.</p><p></p><p>"JR," she protested, "I was only trying to…"</p><p></p><p>"I know what you were trying to do," he interrupted her. "And I thank you for it."</p><p></p><p>"JR…"</p><p></p><p>"You're an amazing woman and I'm lucky to have you. But no more secrets, honey. Okay?"</p><p></p><p>"Okay, JR," she smiled and leaned into his body. "I promise."</p><p></p><p>"I love you, Sue Ellen."</p><p></p><p>"I love you back, JR."</p><p></p><p>***</p><p></p><p>*One year later*</p><p></p><p>"JR! Come on! We have to get moving!"</p><p></p><p>JR sighed and put his daughter back down into her crib. "Just kissing Ella goodbye," he told his wife. "Hold your horses."</p><p></p><p>"I want to be there when the plane lands. I don't want James to have to wait for us."</p><p></p><p>"We have plenty of time, Miss Texas," he laughed. "You're not getting nervous are you?"</p><p></p><p>"A little. I mean talking to him on the phone is a lot different than meeting him in person…"</p><p></p><p>"It will be fine, Sue Ellen. That boy already loves you."</p><p></p><p>The last year had passed in a blur. Bobby and JR had completed their contest for Ewing Oil. Bobby had managed to make it competitive, but JR had prevailed in the end. Everything had been fair and above board and Bobby had graciously accepted his defeat and accepted the position of Vice-president.</p><p></p><p>Kristen had delivered a healthy baby boy and left for Europe with her mother as she had agreed. Cliff was still recovering from the shooting and had signed over custody to Pam and Bobby who had named the child Christopher. Pam had managed to convince her mother to be a part of the boy's life and she was slowly building that relationship.</p><p></p><p>Miss Ellie had mourned Jock deeply, but finally started going out and enjoying life again. She and Clayton Farlow had started dating and although JR had initially been against the relationship, he was starting to grudgingly accept Clayton's presence in his mother's life.</p><p></p><p>Lucy had gotten engaged to Mitch and they planned to marry as soon as he graduated from medical school. Gary and Valene visited their daughter at Southfork often now and Gary and JR had become very close to one another.</p><p></p><p>Ray and Donna had married and we're building a home in Southfork. They were living in the main house until it was completed and Miss Ellie had grown to love and accept Ray as another son.</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen had given birth to a beautiful baby girl that she and JR had named Ella Southworth Ewing. JR was completely smitten with his new daughter and spent every single night at home with his family.</p><p></p><p>A blood test had proven James Beaumont was indeed JR's son. JR had set up a generous trust fund for the boy and Vanessa had agreed to allow JR and Sue Ellen to speak with him frequently and build a relationship. Today James was flying in from Europe and they would be meeting him face to face for the very first time.</p><p></p><p>JR and Sue Ellen had built a very solid marriage based on love, trust, and mutual respect. Sue Ellen had suffered through a lot of insecurities during her pregnancy and with James being a part of their lives, but JR had patiently loved her until they all disappeared. He had been the perfect husband, father, and lover. She was happier and more secure than she ever believed was possible.</p><p></p><p>"What are you thinking about, Miss Texas?" JR's question broke through her thoughts.</p><p></p><p>"Just how happy I am," she smiled at him.</p><p></p><p>"Is that so?" he asked her, his voice low and teasing. "You just wait until I get you alone tonight. I'm going to make you so happy the whole house will know about it."</p><p></p><p>Sue Ellen burst out laughing and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm going to hold you to keeping that promise, JR."</p><p></p><p>"I will," he whispered before lowering his mouth to hers, "I'll keep every promise and make you happy for the rest of our lives."</p><p></p><p>He kissed her thoroughly, smiling against her lips when he thought about how far they'd come and how happy their future would be.</p><p></p><p>Who would have ever thought that her shooting him would have resulted in so much joy and such a bright future.</p><p></p><p>THE END</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="CryptCreeper72, post: 269588, member: 5055"] I don't own any of the characters in this story and no copyright infringement is intended. This fic is an alternate timeline and features a totally different resolution to the "Who Shot JR?" plot. The timeline breaks at episode four of season four of season"Dallas." *** Shot Through the Heart Part Sixty-two: ***. "So, we're all in agreement?" JR and Bobby had gone into the office and Ray and Gary were out working on the ranch. The Ewing women, plus Donna were gathered around in the living room discussing their plans for the day. "I don't know, Sue Ellen," Ellie said doubtfully. "JR may not like us doing all this behind his back." "JR has too much on his mind to do these things - and they need to be done NOW," Sue Ellen insisted. "Yes, but…" "Sue Ellen is right," Pam cut off Ellie. "All the men are struggling with Jock's death and what it means for them. It's up to us to take care of Kristen and Vanessa." "Agreed," Donna spoke up. "So Pam and I will meet with Kristen and Patricia and their lawyers. Sue Ellen and Miss Ellie will call Vanessa. Valene and Lucy will stay here at the ranch and help Mavis with the last minute funeral details." "Sue Ellen," Miss Ellie carefully chose her words. "I just want you to be careful. You and JR are so close now. I don't want anything to ruin that." "Nothing will," Sue Ellen assured her. "I promise." "Alright," Ellie finally agreed. "We'll do things your way then." "Good," Sue Ellen beamed. "This is all for the best. You'll see." Ellie nodded and prayed that Sue Ellen was right. JR was a complicated man. No telling how he'd react to having all these decisions made without him. *** Bobby pushed the papers he's been reading away from him and growled under his breath. He and JR started their year long competition today. It was hard not to be worried about what schemes his brother was cooking up in the office next door. Bobby wasn't stupid. He saw how close JR and Gary were getting. Ray too for that matter. Bobby knew JR too well to believe that was all about brotherly love. More likely than not, it was about control of Gary and Ray's future shares of Ewing Oil. JR seemed to be a changed man. But that was all about Sue Ellen. As long as she was happy, JR would have no problem screwing over anyone else - especially if control of Ewing Oil was at stake. Bobby didn't trust him. And he wasn't going to sit back and be conned by his brother ever again. *** "Bobby isn't acting right." Gary looked up from the horse he was rubbing down and shrugged. "He's worried about the competition. He knows he's going to lose and he's expecting JR to pull some nasty tricks." "He knows he's going to lose?" Ray repeated. "What do you mean?" "I mean JR is a better Oilman than Bobby and Bobby knows it. So does JR for that matter." "I think Bobby can hold his own. So long as JR keeps to his promise to play it all fair." "Bobby can't beat JR no matter how fair the fight is," Gary replied. "JR doesn't need to cheat to win. That's why he won't." "Bobby doesn't share your confidence." "That's because it's easier to assume JR will cheat rather than admit he's the better man - at least in business." "Think they're going to be able to keep the peace?" "It will be tough, but I think Sue Ellen and Pam will help keep them on the straight and narrow." "I hope you're right. This family has been through so much. We all need peace. Even JR." "Especially JR," Gary corrected him. *** "I'm heading home," JR poked his head into Bobby's office. "Sly has copies of all the paperwork from my work today if you want to review it." "You...you want me to review your deals?" "No," JR laughed. "But figured you might need to in order to ease your mind." "JR…" "Don't, Bobby," JR stopped him. "I know you don't trust me. And I don't blame you. But I'm not going to cheat you and if you need to check up on me feel free. Eventually you'll figure out that I intend to keep my promise." "Your promise to me?" "Yes," JR said softly. "But mostly my promise to her." Bobby's eyes grew wide with sudden understanding. "You promised Sue Ellen you'd play it straight?" "I did," JR put his hat on his head and nodded at his brother. "See you at Southfork later." Bobby watched as JR walked away. JR might be willing to cheat him, but Bobby believed in his would that he would never deliberately hurt his wife again. "Maybe things will work out fine after all." *** Sue Ellen closed her eyes and concentrated on keeping the vomit down. Today has been incredibly stressful, but everything was done. Kristen and Patricia had both readily accepted the deal Donna and Pam had presented to them. They both would stay out of jail so long as they kept to the agreement. They'd stay in Dallas until after the baby was born, Kristen would sign over all rights to the child to Cliff, and then they would move to Europe together. If either of them ever came back to Dallas, both deals went away and they would be prosecuted for fraud and the attempted murder of Cliff Barnes. Vanessa had been harder to handle. Turns out she had a good reason to be bitter. She'd been completely in love with JR. The day she'd found out she was pregnant with James she had been so excited. She'd gone to find him and tell him...only to find him in bed with a woman she had considered to be a good friend. She'd broken things off with him immediately, moved away, and hid her pregnancy. The birth had been traumatic and left her unable to have any more children. She'd read about JR in the press many times over the years. His affairs. His schemes. She'd followed Sue Ellen's trial closely. She was convinced JR was the most horrible human being God had ever created. Sue Ellen and Ellie had managed to calm her down enough to get her to listen to them. They described the JR Ewing that they knew. They explained he was a completely different person than the one she'd read about in the press. Sue Ellen had told her what a wonderful father he was to John Ross and how he was trying so very hard to be a better husband, son, and brother. Vanessa had agreed to drop her demands and to wait until after Jock's funeral to work out what needed to be done for her son. Sue Ellen had thanked her profusely and promised that JR would do right by the boy. "You alright, Miss Texas?" Sue Ellen opened her eyes and saw her husband standing next to the bed, looking down at her. "Just fine, JR. A little tired is all." "I finished writing Daddy's eulogy at the office," he told her. "Want to read it for me?" "Of course," she sat up and held her hand out. "Later," he whispered softly. He climbed into the bed beside her and pulled her down into his arms. "Much later." **" "It was a beautiful service," Sue Ellen told her husband. "Your eulogy was perfect." JR shrugged out of his jacket and hung it up in the closet. "I had an interesting conversation with Harv after the funeral," he told her. "Really?" "Yes. He congratulated me on taking care of your sister and mother without causing a scandal. Then he told me Vanessa Beaumont had agreed to my request to postpone the paternity test until after my father's affairs were handled." "Really" Sue Ellen was suddenly nervous. "Uh huh," JR narrowed his eyes at her, "the problem is I had no idea what he was talking about." "Well…" she stammered. "I've been meaning to talk to you…" "What did you do, Miss Texas?" She stood up straight and narrowed her shoulders. "What needed to be done." "And you decided to do it all behind my back? Keep it all a secret from me?" "JR, you had too much to deal with already. I was only trying to help." He grabbed her without warning, pulled her roughly against his body, and silenced her with a hot kiss. "Don't you ever keep those kinds of secrets from me again," he warned her roughly. "JR," she protested, "I was only trying to…" "I know what you were trying to do," he interrupted her. "And I thank you for it." "JR…" "You're an amazing woman and I'm lucky to have you. But no more secrets, honey. Okay?" "Okay, JR," she smiled and leaned into his body. "I promise." "I love you, Sue Ellen." "I love you back, JR." *** *One year later* "JR! Come on! We have to get moving!" JR sighed and put his daughter back down into her crib. "Just kissing Ella goodbye," he told his wife. "Hold your horses." "I want to be there when the plane lands. I don't want James to have to wait for us." "We have plenty of time, Miss Texas," he laughed. "You're not getting nervous are you?" "A little. I mean talking to him on the phone is a lot different than meeting him in person…" "It will be fine, Sue Ellen. That boy already loves you." The last year had passed in a blur. Bobby and JR had completed their contest for Ewing Oil. Bobby had managed to make it competitive, but JR had prevailed in the end. Everything had been fair and above board and Bobby had graciously accepted his defeat and accepted the position of Vice-president. Kristen had delivered a healthy baby boy and left for Europe with her mother as she had agreed. Cliff was still recovering from the shooting and had signed over custody to Pam and Bobby who had named the child Christopher. Pam had managed to convince her mother to be a part of the boy's life and she was slowly building that relationship. Miss Ellie had mourned Jock deeply, but finally started going out and enjoying life again. She and Clayton Farlow had started dating and although JR had initially been against the relationship, he was starting to grudgingly accept Clayton's presence in his mother's life. Lucy had gotten engaged to Mitch and they planned to marry as soon as he graduated from medical school. Gary and Valene visited their daughter at Southfork often now and Gary and JR had become very close to one another. Ray and Donna had married and we're building a home in Southfork. They were living in the main house until it was completed and Miss Ellie had grown to love and accept Ray as another son. Sue Ellen had given birth to a beautiful baby girl that she and JR had named Ella Southworth Ewing. JR was completely smitten with his new daughter and spent every single night at home with his family. A blood test had proven James Beaumont was indeed JR's son. JR had set up a generous trust fund for the boy and Vanessa had agreed to allow JR and Sue Ellen to speak with him frequently and build a relationship. Today James was flying in from Europe and they would be meeting him face to face for the very first time. JR and Sue Ellen had built a very solid marriage based on love, trust, and mutual respect. Sue Ellen had suffered through a lot of insecurities during her pregnancy and with James being a part of their lives, but JR had patiently loved her until they all disappeared. He had been the perfect husband, father, and lover. She was happier and more secure than she ever believed was possible. "What are you thinking about, Miss Texas?" JR's question broke through her thoughts. "Just how happy I am," she smiled at him. "Is that so?" he asked her, his voice low and teasing. "You just wait until I get you alone tonight. I'm going to make you so happy the whole house will know about it." Sue Ellen burst out laughing and wrapped her arms around his waist. "I'm going to hold you to keeping that promise, JR." "I will," he whispered before lowering his mouth to hers, "I'll keep every promise and make you happy for the rest of our lives." He kissed her thoroughly, smiling against her lips when he thought about how far they'd come and how happy their future would be. Who would have ever thought that her shooting him would have resulted in so much joy and such a bright future. THE END [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas Writers Room
JR & Sue Ellen Fan-fiction
Shot Through the Heart
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top