Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Should I Watch More
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 128390" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>I can see where you are coming from. I was rather annoyed we had the catfight between Fallon and Cristal so soon. A story needs to build, tension needs to arise before we get to the slaps, pulling hair and tearing each others clothes off. The pay off is much more satisfying. I've always appreciated the less is more approach when it comes to a new series of any kind. Concentrate only on the important characters and keep the secondary characters to a minimum. Give the characters time to0 breathe so we can understand their reasoning behind their behaviour. </p><p></p><p>Unfortunately in today's viewing climate the producers/writers believe they need to throw everything at us in 10 second scenes and squeeze in as many plots between commercial breaks. Original Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing understood how to create a great story arc. We all understood (after the classic Who Shot JR?) cliffhanger episode that writers would gives us a great <s>yarn</s> ride towards that end. </p><p></p><p>I also see your point regarding old versus new money. If this Carrington family has been wealthy for some time, why is it they look like they just moved into their new home? It might have been better if Tom was living just down the road in the original Carrington mansion and Blake had just finished construction of the new place.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 128390, member: 100"] I can see where you are coming from. I was rather annoyed we had the catfight between Fallon and Cristal so soon. A story needs to build, tension needs to arise before we get to the slaps, pulling hair and tearing each others clothes off. The pay off is much more satisfying. I've always appreciated the less is more approach when it comes to a new series of any kind. Concentrate only on the important characters and keep the secondary characters to a minimum. Give the characters time to0 breathe so we can understand their reasoning behind their behaviour. Unfortunately in today's viewing climate the producers/writers believe they need to throw everything at us in 10 second scenes and squeeze in as many plots between commercial breaks. Original Dallas, Dynasty, Falcon Crest, Knots Landing understood how to create a great story arc. We all understood (after the classic Who Shot JR?) cliffhanger episode that writers would gives us a great [S]yarn[/S] ride towards that end. I also see your point regarding old versus new money. If this Carrington family has been wealthy for some time, why is it they look like they just moved into their new home? It might have been better if Tom was living just down the road in the original Carrington mansion and Blake had just finished construction of the new place. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Should I Watch More
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top