Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Should I Watch More
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 128408" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>There is nothing "Southern'' about NuDynasty, and to be honest I don't know how they could have worked that theme into the Dynasty story apart from the Afro-American characters (but really nothing about <em>that</em> history, at least not yet).</p><p>So, they moved the Carringtons from Colorado to Georgia and then the viewers are supposed to pretend that that didn't happen.</p><p>Tom Carrington's place looks like that typical Southern mansion but it's not massive enough.</p><p>The one they're using now (including the set for the pilot episode) looks fine for a modern Dynasty show but it just happens to be located in Atlanta (I hope, otherwise it would make even <em>less</em> sense).</p><p>Dynasty's Filoli is a Californian mansion, but I could imagine it being located in Colorado, in fact I would never have guessed that it <em>was</em> located in California - but then I'm not an America-expert.</p><p></p><p>And then we have all the different accents, anything <em>but</em> Southern or so it seems - "Greenleaf" does it, and it's definitely part of its charm - so it's safe to assume that Atlanta was chosen for production-technical reasons only.</p><p></p><p>Other Dynasty fans can give you more detailed and accurate information, if you like.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 128408, member: 8"] There is nothing "Southern'' about NuDynasty, and to be honest I don't know how they could have worked that theme into the Dynasty story apart from the Afro-American characters (but really nothing about [I]that[/I] history, at least not yet). So, they moved the Carringtons from Colorado to Georgia and then the viewers are supposed to pretend that that didn't happen. Tom Carrington's place looks like that typical Southern mansion but it's not massive enough. The one they're using now (including the set for the pilot episode) looks fine for a modern Dynasty show but it just happens to be located in Atlanta (I hope, otherwise it would make even [I]less[/I] sense). Dynasty's Filoli is a Californian mansion, but I could imagine it being located in Colorado, in fact I would never have guessed that it [I]was[/I] located in California - but then I'm not an America-expert. And then we have all the different accents, anything [I]but[/I] Southern or so it seems - "Greenleaf" does it, and it's definitely part of its charm - so it's safe to assume that Atlanta was chosen for production-technical reasons only. Other Dynasty fans can give you more detailed and accurate information, if you like. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Should I Watch More
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top