Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Televangelists
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 362555" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>Similarly, we didn’t really have televangelists here in Ireland, although we did always seem to have a few celebrity Catholic priests knocking about on TV. The American televangelists would’ve been accessible via the religious channels on Sky but I don’t know anyone that watched them (I myself only ever watched a bit of <em>Another Life</em> on somewhere like the God Channel). Curiously enough, when Sky One was closed a few years ago, the programme that had run longest on its schedule was <em>Hour of Power</em>, which used to go out in the early hours of a Sunday morning.</p><p></p><p>I think my first knowledge of televangelism was when Irish Eurovision winner / future Presidential candidate Dana Rosemary Scallon got involved with EWTN in the 80’s/90’s, although I think she hosted a music show as opposed to outright televangelism. It was only ever reported about here and wasn’t broadcast but it was enough to pique my interest. Since then I’ve learned about the OTT worlds of the likes of Jan Crouch and Tammy Faye and I find the wranglings and politics somewhat fascinating.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 362555, member: 673"] Similarly, we didn’t really have televangelists here in Ireland, although we did always seem to have a few celebrity Catholic priests knocking about on TV. The American televangelists would’ve been accessible via the religious channels on Sky but I don’t know anyone that watched them (I myself only ever watched a bit of [I]Another Life[/I] on somewhere like the God Channel). Curiously enough, when Sky One was closed a few years ago, the programme that had run longest on its schedule was [I]Hour of Power[/I], which used to go out in the early hours of a Sunday morning. I think my first knowledge of televangelism was when Irish Eurovision winner / future Presidential candidate Dana Rosemary Scallon got involved with EWTN in the 80’s/90’s, although I think she hosted a music show as opposed to outright televangelism. It was only ever reported about here and wasn’t broadcast but it was enough to pique my interest. Since then I’ve learned about the OTT worlds of the likes of Jan Crouch and Tammy Faye and I find the wranglings and politics somewhat fascinating. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Global Telly Talk
Classic US TV
Televangelists
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top