Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The new Jeff Colby
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 43891" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>Already Dynasty 2.0 is polarizing us posters on soapchat so imagine how it will play when viewed by a much wider audience. I'm guessing the new producers are steering this re-boot towards today's generation, not those that hold "close to their hearts" original Dynasty. That's fine, I can live with that, but if the producers are wishing to have a broad appeal (read good ratings) then so far this re-boot is going to fail.</p><p></p><p>I'm one of those highly critical of TNT Dallas (and to a lesser extent Lorimar Dallas in its later seasons), I've written about it numerous times. It failed because the show-runner had no concept of the history that was Dallas. When you attempt to imply that a family (Ramos) had grown up with the Ewing's you risk alienating those original fans - and it did. </p><p>I'm prepared to re-set the clock and give Dynasty 2.0 a chance, a fresh approach. My only concern is the new writers/producers are trying to hood-wink those old viewers into thinking their about to watch a re-telling of original Dynasty - it's just going to leave a sour taste in many viewers mouths - just like Carmen, Elena and Drew Ramos did in TNT Dallas.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 43891, member: 100"] Already Dynasty 2.0 is polarizing us posters on soapchat so imagine how it will play when viewed by a much wider audience. I'm guessing the new producers are steering this re-boot towards today's generation, not those that hold "close to their hearts" original Dynasty. That's fine, I can live with that, but if the producers are wishing to have a broad appeal (read good ratings) then so far this re-boot is going to fail. I'm one of those highly critical of TNT Dallas (and to a lesser extent Lorimar Dallas in its later seasons), I've written about it numerous times. It failed because the show-runner had no concept of the history that was Dallas. When you attempt to imply that a family (Ramos) had grown up with the Ewing's you risk alienating those original fans - and it did. I'm prepared to re-set the clock and give Dynasty 2.0 a chance, a fresh approach. My only concern is the new writers/producers are trying to hood-wink those old viewers into thinking their about to watch a re-telling of original Dynasty - it's just going to leave a sour taste in many viewers mouths - just like Carmen, Elena and Drew Ramos did in TNT Dallas. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The new Jeff Colby
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top