Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The opening credits
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Gabriel Maxwell" data-source="post: 11215" data-attributes="member: 121"><p>I hope so, but <em>The O.C</em>. began in 2003 when the networks were still doing proper opening credits (albeit much shorter than in the past). By 2005, this awful practice of reducing opening to 5-12-second title cards began and spread like wildfire. I suppose some genius calculated how much more money they can make annually by running yet another 30-second commercial each hour instead of the credits.</p><p></p><p><em>Desperate Housewives</em>, for example, started in 2004 and got those great animated credits I really enjoyed seeing.</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]TVqk0it3_zk[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>By next season they got cut (most of the time) into this awful short version. I mean, why even bother?</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]8mtsqk5ECX4[/MEDIA]</p><p></p><p>Schwartz's <em>Gossip Girl</em>, which began in 2007 on The CW, was already affected by the practice:</p><p></p><p>[MEDIA=youtube]nxaLwk3ur5Y[/MEDIA]</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Gabriel Maxwell, post: 11215, member: 121"] I hope so, but [I]The O.C[/I]. began in 2003 when the networks were still doing proper opening credits (albeit much shorter than in the past). By 2005, this awful practice of reducing opening to 5-12-second title cards began and spread like wildfire. I suppose some genius calculated how much more money they can make annually by running yet another 30-second commercial each hour instead of the credits. [I]Desperate Housewives[/I], for example, started in 2004 and got those great animated credits I really enjoyed seeing. [MEDIA=youtube]TVqk0it3_zk[/MEDIA] By next season they got cut (most of the time) into this awful short version. I mean, why even bother? [MEDIA=youtube]8mtsqk5ECX4[/MEDIA] Schwartz's [I]Gossip Girl[/I], which began in 2007 on The CW, was already affected by the practice: [MEDIA=youtube]nxaLwk3ur5Y[/MEDIA] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The opening credits
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top