Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The Ratings Thread
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 88781" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>The ratings have been mentioned (and much debated) in some of the other threads so I'm going to throw together all of the ratings info for each week and discuss it here.</p><p></p><p>Straight out of the gate, the show is very unlikely to be cancelled this season, so it may seem a bit redundant to be discussing ratings but I find the business behind TV shows to be interesting, so here we are.</p><p></p><p>Regarding the show being renewed, here's CBS head Les Moonves discussing the show<em>.</em></p><p><em></em></p><p><em>“A great recent example of the power of owning content is the new version of Dynasty that will premiere this fall on The CW. We own 100 percent of the show, and we’ve already licensed it to Netflix in 188 countries. … So this means ‘Dynasty’ is profitable before it even hits the air.”</em></p><p></p><p>So according to TV By The Numbers, unless Dynasty's CW ratings fall to basically nothing, the show is a sure thing to be renewed.</p><p></p><p><a href="http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-3-dynastys-slow-start-wont-matter/" target="_blank">http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-3-dynastys-slow-start-wont-matter/</a></p><p></p><p><strong>EPISODE 1 - 11/10/17</strong></p><p>The premiere episode last week scored <strong>1.335 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.4, #15. </strong> Compared to <em>Frequency</em> which aired in the same timeslot last year, that is a ratings increase of 33.33%. However, Dynasty was still the bottom of the pile out of the 15 network shows that aired that night.</p><p></p><p><strong>EPISODE 2 - 18/10/17</strong></p><p>This week's episode scored <strong>0.979 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.3, #15.</strong> So it lost 25% of it's audience from last week and was 25% lower than the ratings for <em>Frequency</em> in the same timeslot last year. Like last week, it also finished bottom of the pile out of the 15 network shows aired.</p><p></p><p>So overall, it's network ratings aren't exactly glittering but it is likely to last as it's being propped up by the Netflix deal. Also, as mentioned elsewhere, <em>Riverdale, Crazy Ex Girlfriend</em> and <em>Jane The Virgin</em> are other CW shows with less than stellar ratings that are currently enjoying second, third and fourth seasons because the parameters for measuring a TV hit vs TV flop have changed dramatically in recent years.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 88781, member: 673"] The ratings have been mentioned (and much debated) in some of the other threads so I'm going to throw together all of the ratings info for each week and discuss it here. Straight out of the gate, the show is very unlikely to be cancelled this season, so it may seem a bit redundant to be discussing ratings but I find the business behind TV shows to be interesting, so here we are. Regarding the show being renewed, here's CBS head Les Moonves discussing the show[I]. “A great recent example of the power of owning content is the new version of Dynasty that will premiere this fall on The CW. We own 100 percent of the show, and we’ve already licensed it to Netflix in 188 countries. … So this means ‘Dynasty’ is profitable before it even hits the air.”[/I] [I][/I] So according to TV By The Numbers, unless Dynasty's CW ratings fall to basically nothing, the show is a sure thing to be renewed. [URL]http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/renewcancel/cancel-bear-vs-the-cw-week-3-dynastys-slow-start-wont-matter/[/URL] [B]EPISODE 1 - 11/10/17[/B] The premiere episode last week scored [B]1.335 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.4, #15. [/B] Compared to [I]Frequency[/I] which aired in the same timeslot last year, that is a ratings increase of 33.33%. However, Dynasty was still the bottom of the pile out of the 15 network shows that aired that night. [B]EPISODE 2 - 18/10/17[/B] This week's episode scored [B]0.979 million viewers, #15; adults 18-49: 0.3, #15.[/B] So it lost 25% of it's audience from last week and was 25% lower than the ratings for [I]Frequency[/I] in the same timeslot last year. Like last week, it also finished bottom of the pile out of the 15 network shows aired. So overall, it's network ratings aren't exactly glittering but it is likely to last as it's being propped up by the Netflix deal. Also, as mentioned elsewhere, [I]Riverdale, Crazy Ex Girlfriend[/I] and [I]Jane The Virgin[/I] are other CW shows with less than stellar ratings that are currently enjoying second, third and fourth seasons because the parameters for measuring a TV hit vs TV flop have changed dramatically in recent years. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
The Ratings Thread
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top