Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
The "Up" documentary series (Seven Up! to 70 Up)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Spells &amp; Karma" data-source="post: 439084" data-attributes="member: 23"><p>That's disappointing. I realise participant numbers are beginning to dwindle and will continue to do so at this stage of life, and also that there is arguably less ground to cover as people's lives get calmer and less active. Still, though, I feel this is a waste The premise of the documentary lends itself to running for as long as its subjects are alive, and this series was uniquely placed to cover a whole life cycle.</p><p></p><p>I realise this may read as morbid, but I would find it interesting to see people reflect on their lives as they face the inevitability of death.</p><p></p><p>Also, I don't know how this can be said with any degree of certainty. A lot can happen in seven years, and it's quite likely that someone, somewhere would find <em>77 Up</em> and beyond too tempting an opportunity to pass up. Even Michael Apted himself expressed a desire "to do <em>84 Up </em>when I'll be 99".</p><p></p><p>Still, though, I'll take what's offered and will very much look forward to watching<em> 70 Up.</em></p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Spells & Karma, post: 439084, member: 23"] That's disappointing. I realise participant numbers are beginning to dwindle and will continue to do so at this stage of life, and also that there is arguably less ground to cover as people's lives get calmer and less active. Still, though, I feel this is a waste The premise of the documentary lends itself to running for as long as its subjects are alive, and this series was uniquely placed to cover a whole life cycle. I realise this may read as morbid, but I would find it interesting to see people reflect on their lives as they face the inevitability of death. Also, I don't know how this can be said with any degree of certainty. A lot can happen in seven years, and it's quite likely that someone, somewhere would find [I]77 Up[/I] and beyond too tempting an opportunity to pass up. Even Michael Apted himself expressed a desire "to do [I]84 Up [/I]when I'll be 99". Still, though, I'll take what's offered and will very much look forward to watching[I] 70 Up.[/I] [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
The "Up" documentary series (Seven Up! to 70 Up)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top