Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Install the app
Install
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
The "Up" documentary series (Seven Up! to 70 Up)
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Angela Chilling" data-source="post: 444925" data-attributes="member: 33"><p>I read somewhere that Nick had contacted the producers to suggest that they record a final interview with him because he knew his death was imminent. The production team raced over to get the interview not knowing whether or not there would be a <em>70 Up</em> but wanted to record it just in case. The strength of the interview turned out to be a major factor in why <em>70 Up</em> got commissioned. </p><p></p><p>I completely agreed that they missed an opportunity to show the Uppers at the reunion sharing their reflections on the series and the impact it had on their lives. I thought it was interesting how some were critical of Michael Apted and how judgemental he appeared to be at times and it would have been fascinating to see how they collectively felt about that and other ways the series had impact their lives. </p><p></p><p>Overall, I thought it was a better final installment with a new director because it felt like the participants could speak more freely about their involvement in the show and there was a new energy to the series compared with <em>63 Up</em>. </p><p></p><p>I may be hallucinating, but I vaguely remember there was a<em> 7 Up The New Generation</em> which started to coincide with the new millennium in 2000. Don't know if that project was abandoned because I can't recall seeing any of the subsequent installments.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Angela Chilling, post: 444925, member: 33"] I read somewhere that Nick had contacted the producers to suggest that they record a final interview with him because he knew his death was imminent. The production team raced over to get the interview not knowing whether or not there would be a [I]70 Up[/I] but wanted to record it just in case. The strength of the interview turned out to be a major factor in why [I]70 Up[/I] got commissioned. I completely agreed that they missed an opportunity to show the Uppers at the reunion sharing their reflections on the series and the impact it had on their lives. I thought it was interesting how some were critical of Michael Apted and how judgemental he appeared to be at times and it would have been fascinating to see how they collectively felt about that and other ways the series had impact their lives. Overall, I thought it was a better final installment with a new director because it felt like the participants could speak more freely about their involvement in the show and there was a new energy to the series compared with [I]63 Up[/I]. I may be hallucinating, but I vaguely remember there was a[I] 7 Up The New Generation[/I] which started to coincide with the new millennium in 2000. Don't know if that project was abandoned because I can't recall seeing any of the subsequent installments. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played JR Ewing?
Post reply
Forums
Speciality TV
Documentaries
The "Up" documentary series (Seven Up! to 70 Up)
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top