Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Carrie Fairchild" data-source="post: 61387" data-attributes="member: 673"><p>The trailer is more or less everything that I expected it to be. The CW doesn't do shows about older people and given the team behind it, I knew it would likely just be Gossip Girl with the bitchiness turned up to ten. The settings look pretty lavish though. I wonder will they be using the Tyler Perry house throughout the series or was it for the pilot only?</p><p></p><p>Anyway, back to the action. From the trailer, some of it seems a bit try-hard, especially the catfight. I'm presuming they felt they had to throw it in there, given that the original is so associated with brawling. The lines are a bit obvious too. I will watch the series though, just to see how it goes but I'm not expecting wonders. And as others pointed out, the backing track in the trailer is dire. I'm presuming that The CW have a go-to catalogue of licensed music that they fire into their shows which is why they all sound so generic. If they want Dynasty to become a pop culture show, they need to use relevant music. Not something that wouldn't sound out of place on an episode of Nash Bridges circa 1996.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Carrie Fairchild, post: 61387, member: 673"] The trailer is more or less everything that I expected it to be. The CW doesn't do shows about older people and given the team behind it, I knew it would likely just be Gossip Girl with the bitchiness turned up to ten. The settings look pretty lavish though. I wonder will they be using the Tyler Perry house throughout the series or was it for the pilot only? Anyway, back to the action. From the trailer, some of it seems a bit try-hard, especially the catfight. I'm presuming they felt they had to throw it in there, given that the original is so associated with brawling. The lines are a bit obvious too. I will watch the series though, just to see how it goes but I'm not expecting wonders. And as others pointed out, the backing track in the trailer is dire. I'm presuming that The CW have a go-to catalogue of licensed music that they fire into their shows which is why they all sound so generic. If they want Dynasty to become a pop culture show, they need to use relevant music. Not something that wouldn't sound out of place on an episode of Nash Bridges circa 1996. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top