Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 61740" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>This would partially explain why American drama series - once the pinnacle of must watch television - is failing in overseas markets. Dallas and Dynasty both spoke a universal story. Dallas was about a young woman, from humble beginnings, marrying into a wealthy family that also had an unhealthy appetite for her father and brother.</p><p></p><p>Dynasty began - with promise - of another woman from humble beginnings marrying into a wealthy family that appeared (from the outside) lonely and consumed by wealth rather than each other. It's a simple story to most but it works. Because of that slow pacing the audience begins to feed off the characters strengths and weaknesses. We grow to appreciate what the writers had also envisaged, an attachment to fictional characters.</p><p></p><p>The feeling I'm getting from the Dynasty 2.0 trailer is characters without depth and warmth. Their two dimensional. When a family is drowning in millions and just being ruthlessly mean to each I cannot connect to their story. But I suppose it reflects on society as a whole today, especially the youth. Inward looking, I want, I want, I want. I'm guessing it'll attract the "Keeping up with the Dash-hounds" mob.</p><p></p><p>A recent example of an American production failing here in Australia which promised big things was "Empire". I'm guessing most (like me) didn't spot one redeeming character. Is it any wonder companies like Netflix is so popular. Their not beholden to the top brass or shareholders. There appears to be real passion in that company for creating memorable series.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 61740, member: 100"] This would partially explain why American drama series - once the pinnacle of must watch television - is failing in overseas markets. Dallas and Dynasty both spoke a universal story. Dallas was about a young woman, from humble beginnings, marrying into a wealthy family that also had an unhealthy appetite for her father and brother. Dynasty began - with promise - of another woman from humble beginnings marrying into a wealthy family that appeared (from the outside) lonely and consumed by wealth rather than each other. It's a simple story to most but it works. Because of that slow pacing the audience begins to feed off the characters strengths and weaknesses. We grow to appreciate what the writers had also envisaged, an attachment to fictional characters. The feeling I'm getting from the Dynasty 2.0 trailer is characters without depth and warmth. Their two dimensional. When a family is drowning in millions and just being ruthlessly mean to each I cannot connect to their story. But I suppose it reflects on society as a whole today, especially the youth. Inward looking, I want, I want, I want. I'm guessing it'll attract the "Keeping up with the Dash-hounds" mob. A recent example of an American production failing here in Australia which promised big things was "Empire". I'm guessing most (like me) didn't spot one redeeming character. Is it any wonder companies like Netflix is so popular. Their not beholden to the top brass or shareholders. There appears to be real passion in that company for creating memorable series. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top