Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Rove" data-source="post: 62698" data-attributes="member: 100"><p>I'll add <em>Downton Abbey</em> as another example. Okay, so the show was based in a more civilized world of the early 1900's and people acted accordingly. It does prove though, as you so eloquently put it, "you don't need to scream at the audience."</p><p></p><p>I thoroughly enjoyed the pacing in season 1 of Dynasty. I also enjoyed the addition of Alexis. I'll never forget the pinpoint delivery between Alexis (Joan) and Krystle (Linda) at the Carrington mansion for the first time. And when Alexis fires off that shotgun causing the death of Krystle's baby, well, that just sent chills down my spine. This mysterious woman was lethal, not even JR went that far. His actions forced others to change their behavior and act out accordingly but what Alexis did had intent.</p><p></p><p>If only the writers had stuck with the script. When I now watch that first catfight between Alexis and Krystle I sense the ridiculous creeping into Dynasty. From the unsuited music, weak stitching in the pillows and clothing to Joan refusing to perform most of the scenes. This long awaited scene should have been played straight, I mean real drama between these characters. Instead it looks like its been played for laughs.</p><p></p><p></p><p></p><p>Rather than this bland Dynasty 2.0 I'd have much preferred if they produced the new series set in the 1950's. A prequel I believe could have worked in today's television landscape as a point of difference to all the other grayness they call riveting television. After watching the CW Trailer I see no contrast to watching an episode of Days of our Lives or The Young and the Restless. </p><p></p><p>Perhaps I'm just expecting too much...anyway I wish Dynasty 2.0 all the best but I won't be watching.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Rove, post: 62698, member: 100"] I'll add [I]Downton Abbey[/I] as another example. Okay, so the show was based in a more civilized world of the early 1900's and people acted accordingly. It does prove though, as you so eloquently put it, "you don't need to scream at the audience." I thoroughly enjoyed the pacing in season 1 of Dynasty. I also enjoyed the addition of Alexis. I'll never forget the pinpoint delivery between Alexis (Joan) and Krystle (Linda) at the Carrington mansion for the first time. And when Alexis fires off that shotgun causing the death of Krystle's baby, well, that just sent chills down my spine. This mysterious woman was lethal, not even JR went that far. His actions forced others to change their behavior and act out accordingly but what Alexis did had intent. If only the writers had stuck with the script. When I now watch that first catfight between Alexis and Krystle I sense the ridiculous creeping into Dynasty. From the unsuited music, weak stitching in the pillows and clothing to Joan refusing to perform most of the scenes. This long awaited scene should have been played straight, I mean real drama between these characters. Instead it looks like its been played for laughs. Rather than this bland Dynasty 2.0 I'd have much preferred if they produced the new series set in the 1950's. A prequel I believe could have worked in today's television landscape as a point of difference to all the other grayness they call riveting television. After watching the CW Trailer I see no contrast to watching an episode of Days of our Lives or The Young and the Restless. Perhaps I'm just expecting too much...anyway I wish Dynasty 2.0 all the best but I won't be watching. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
6 + 4 =
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
VIDEO: Trailer
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top