Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Poison your name this Hallowe'en
There's plenty of time to choose your spooky October username
Click here for more details
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Was Sly the last woman JR had sex with?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Monzo" data-source="post: 444758" data-attributes="member: 19949"><p>Last year, Dallas started airing reruns from the beginning in my home country, though the series was cancelled after the fifth season. I started watching it again and recorded the episodes so I could watch them at my own pace—once a week, with a break between seasons. I’m currently on the fifth episode of the fourth season, and it’s amazing how many details I’d forgotten. In the first episodes of season 4, while JR was away from Ewing Oil, it happened more than once that Bobby dictated something to Connie in his office and filled her in on his plans (he wanted—and succeeded—to buy a refinery, a move intended to please Jock, which it did). On several occasions, he would ask Louella—via the intercom, rather than asking Connie, who was right there with him—to connect him with someone, such as Franklin Horner (regarding the loan for the refinery). In those episodes, JR often let Bobby know that he was aware of what Bobby was up to; fortunately, Bobby wasn't surprised, for given how routinely he used Louella to place calls, it was hardly surprising that this information reached JR.</p><p></p><p>Still, I keep wondering why Connie and Louella had to leave, because both exits were plot-driven to me. Connie suddenly fell in love with her boss, and Louella was fired for a mistake (failing to intercept a key witness and keep him out of town) that would have actually suited the incompetent Kristin—when she had filled in for her—better. Louella was probably the secretary who was the best match for JR. She would sleep with him when the mood struck without making a drama out of it unlike Julie. But perhaps it was the experience with Julie and Louella that made Sly off-limits to JR. I actually think Sly was so good at her job that JR felt it would be a mistake to lose her over a fling.</p><p></p><p>Regarding Sly, my memory is a bit hazy about her brother. I have a vague idea that her brother—is his name really Britt, or is Steve the right one?—was in prison for drug possession, but I could be mistaken. By the way, why couldn't Sly's so-called uncle, Harry McSween, help out?</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Monzo, post: 444758, member: 19949"] Last year, Dallas started airing reruns from the beginning in my home country, though the series was cancelled after the fifth season. I started watching it again and recorded the episodes so I could watch them at my own pace—once a week, with a break between seasons. I’m currently on the fifth episode of the fourth season, and it’s amazing how many details I’d forgotten. In the first episodes of season 4, while JR was away from Ewing Oil, it happened more than once that Bobby dictated something to Connie in his office and filled her in on his plans (he wanted—and succeeded—to buy a refinery, a move intended to please Jock, which it did). On several occasions, he would ask Louella—via the intercom, rather than asking Connie, who was right there with him—to connect him with someone, such as Franklin Horner (regarding the loan for the refinery). In those episodes, JR often let Bobby know that he was aware of what Bobby was up to; fortunately, Bobby wasn't surprised, for given how routinely he used Louella to place calls, it was hardly surprising that this information reached JR. Still, I keep wondering why Connie and Louella had to leave, because both exits were plot-driven to me. Connie suddenly fell in love with her boss, and Louella was fired for a mistake (failing to intercept a key witness and keep him out of town) that would have actually suited the incompetent Kristin—when she had filled in for her—better. Louella was probably the secretary who was the best match for JR. She would sleep with him when the mood struck without making a drama out of it unlike Julie. But perhaps it was the experience with Julie and Louella that made Sly off-limits to JR. I actually think Sly was so good at her job that JR felt it would be a mistake to lose her over a fling. Regarding Sly, my memory is a bit hazy about her brother. I have a vague idea that her brother—is his name really Britt, or is Steve the right one?—was in prison for drug possession, but I could be mistaken. By the way, why couldn't Sly's so-called uncle, Harry McSween, help out? [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dallas the TV series
Dallas - The Original Series
Was Sly the last woman JR had sex with?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top