Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Monzo" data-source="post: 444580" data-attributes="member: 19949"><p>I’m actually a bit surprised that GH has now fallen behind BTG (which is not on fire, by the way) in both key female demo ratings, and the gap with The View isn't narrowing either. Still, I’m not really worried about GH, since having a daily soap in a streaming lineup is useful for ensuring people visit the platform every day. Nevertheless, I do wonder why GH is currently losing viewers—perhaps it’s because of the WSB storyline?</p><p></p><p>Even though the whole WSB arc was entertaining to me for months, my mood is starting to shift. For me, the WSB plot has simply become too unrealistic—even by soap standards, and especially given the current political climate. It’s hard to imagine any global organization being allowed to kidnap a US congresswoman’s mother and take her abroad. It feels like the WSB has essentially become a substitute for Sonny’s mob business in terms of violence. I’m also baffled by how willingly Josselyn is putting her father’s company (and the employees' jobs) at risk just for the sake of the WSB.</p><p></p><p>It’s surprising that they’re introducing yet another lawyer to Port Charles—and one with a family connection that nobody really needs. Regarding Jordan, I wonder why she still has those scars (especially since they must be a hassle for the makeup department); even though Jack arranged for Michael’s treatment in Baden-Baden, Michael surely knows the right people there by now who would take Jordan on as a patient as a favor to him.</p><p></p><p>So, who is Trina's stalker, anyway? I didn't really care at first because I figured it wouldn't be anyone interesting, but now that there is news that Heather will be back, I wonder if this will be the easy way out for the storyline...</p><p></p><p>Right now, I get the feeling that GH is clinging too rigidly to certain storylines—like Sonny and Justine as a couple—regardless of the feedback. I always liked the fact that GH—unlike the CBS soaps and Days—reacts more quickly to fan feedback; however, the shift from traditional TV to streaming has perhaps made things so muddled that no one really knows what the exact viewership numbers are, or whether they are actually dropping or simply shifting from one medium to another.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Monzo, post: 444580, member: 19949"] I’m actually a bit surprised that GH has now fallen behind BTG (which is not on fire, by the way) in both key female demo ratings, and the gap with The View isn't narrowing either. Still, I’m not really worried about GH, since having a daily soap in a streaming lineup is useful for ensuring people visit the platform every day. Nevertheless, I do wonder why GH is currently losing viewers—perhaps it’s because of the WSB storyline? Even though the whole WSB arc was entertaining to me for months, my mood is starting to shift. For me, the WSB plot has simply become too unrealistic—even by soap standards, and especially given the current political climate. It’s hard to imagine any global organization being allowed to kidnap a US congresswoman’s mother and take her abroad. It feels like the WSB has essentially become a substitute for Sonny’s mob business in terms of violence. I’m also baffled by how willingly Josselyn is putting her father’s company (and the employees' jobs) at risk just for the sake of the WSB. It’s surprising that they’re introducing yet another lawyer to Port Charles—and one with a family connection that nobody really needs. Regarding Jordan, I wonder why she still has those scars (especially since they must be a hassle for the makeup department); even though Jack arranged for Michael’s treatment in Baden-Baden, Michael surely knows the right people there by now who would take Jordan on as a patient as a favor to him. So, who is Trina's stalker, anyway? I didn't really care at first because I figured it wouldn't be anyone interesting, but now that there is news that Heather will be back, I wonder if this will be the easy way out for the storyline... Right now, I get the feeling that GH is clinging too rigidly to certain storylines—like Sonny and Justine as a couple—regardless of the feedback. I always liked the fact that GH—unlike the CBS soaps and Days—reacts more quickly to fan feedback; however, the shift from traditional TV to streaming has perhaps made things so muddled that no one really knows what the exact viewership numbers are, or whether they are actually dropping or simply shifting from one medium to another. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
US Soaps
Daytime Soaps
Watching General Hospital
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top