Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
We have Steven Carrinfton
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="James from London" data-source="post: 47391" data-attributes="member: 22"><p>I remember reading about it in advance because it was a year or two before it was shown over here and Joan Collins was already well known in the UK. In fact, I think I saw a picture of her and Cecil's deathbed wedding before I'd even seen the first episode. But it didn't really occur to me to have an actual opinion on the show. I just looked forward to it.</p><p></p><p>It kind of reminds me of a routine that comedian Adam Bloom used to do about parties and how your attitude changes to them as you get older. When a six-year-old gets invited to a birthday party, you never hear them say, "Oh it'll probably be crap, I won't bother going." </p><p></p><p>I think the internet encourages one to think everything's going to be crap before it happens. Daniel Craig was going to be a crap James Bond because he was blond and James Bond had never been blond. Matt Smith was going to be a crap Doctor Who because he was young and Doctor Who had never been young, etc.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="James from London, post: 47391, member: 22"] I remember reading about it in advance because it was a year or two before it was shown over here and Joan Collins was already well known in the UK. In fact, I think I saw a picture of her and Cecil's deathbed wedding before I'd even seen the first episode. But it didn't really occur to me to have an actual opinion on the show. I just looked forward to it. It kind of reminds me of a routine that comedian Adam Bloom used to do about parties and how your attitude changes to them as you get older. When a six-year-old gets invited to a birthday party, you never hear them say, "Oh it'll probably be crap, I won't bother going." I think the internet encourages one to think everything's going to be crap before it happens. Daniel Craig was going to be a crap James Bond because he was blond and James Bond had never been blond. Matt Smith was going to be a crap Doctor Who because he was young and Doctor Who had never been young, etc. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
What month follows July?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
We have Steven Carrinfton
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top