Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
Dynasty
What did you guys think of the Moldavia Massacre?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Willie Oleson" data-source="post: 444459" data-attributes="member: 8"><p>I think this is the first time someone brings up the topic of "violence on TV" in connection with DYNASTY. It's never crossed my mind, to be honest.</p><p></p><p>The Massacre and the UFO and Bobby Ewing Dies are all the same thing: an ambitious What-If scenario, and these cliffhangers look amazing in isolation.</p><p>We can blame the lack of payoff on incompetent and careless plotting, but I think soaps were never meant to change <em>too</em> drastically because that can only happen at the expense of something good. And if it changes too much then it's going to look like the infamous revamp or "retooling" and then we'd need to have <em>that</em> discussion.</p><p>And yet, that's exactly what the Moldavia Massacre suggested: they ALL die except for Krystle & Alexis, the weeping widows of Scorpio Peak (to make a <em>Dark Shadows</em> allegory).</p><p></p><p>The best fanfic suggestion I've read on this forum is the death of Krystle played by Rita, but that means that Sammy Jo's scheme needed to happen in season 5, which places Rock Hudson's guest-star appearance in season 4. Because that's how it works: you change one thing you change everything.</p><p>I think it's possible to scrap some season 5 stuff and replace it with Rita & Joel. </p><p><s>I'm your half-sister and that's very interesting because I say so</s></p><p><s>Lady Ashley's not-so impressive attempt to shake up the status quo</s></p><p><s>Indiana Jeff</s></p><p>Wow, that was easy.</p><p></p><p>Alternatively, instead of building everything around the Massacre cliffhanger just to make that satisfying aftermath possible, they could have ended the season <em><strong>without</strong></em> the massacre cliffhanger.</p><p>But would you sacrifice this jaw-dropping cliffhanger in order to avoid the awkward, no-win aftermath? Would you like to UNSEE it?</p><p></p><p>Amanda's love affair with some vague European prince is fine</p><p>[ATTACH=full]59640[/ATTACH]</p><p>but it was a mistake to expand them to an outer-Denver reality. It's not real Dynasty, it's not relevant, nobody cares.</p><p><u>Unless</u> it was the result of a Denver scheme, similar to the Asian revolution that was orchestrated in JR Ewing's office.</p><p>It goes without saying that the sappy love life of a new Dynasty character cannot be considered an "intriguing scheme" that crosses over to the Moldavia universe.</p><p></p><p>1. Target. The Bank of Moldavia? Yeah, that could work. </p><p>2. Who wants it, and why?</p><p></p><p>What if Matthew Blaisdel's mercenary gang (and he had experience dealing with rebellious people, as we saw in season 1) were hired to carry out the assassination, but with the ulterior double-crossing motive that the Royal chaos would make it easier for him and his gang to rob that "famous" bank, including the most precious Crown jewelry collection in the world? (Catwoman would love this!)</p><p>Police and military would be needed at the Palace to deal with the revolution and the possible death of many people.</p><p>To make it more "Denver" since Matthew Blaisdel had not been seen since the end of season 1, what if he had contacted Claudia and promised her to fix everything.</p><p>He and Claudia and Lindsay would be living in Blake's mansion the way it was always meant to be, "but I need your help to make it happen".</p><p>And so it's Claudia who has to do all the lobbying and manipulating to make Amanda accept the Prince's proposal - and then later come up with an excuse why she wouldn't join the Carringtons in Moldavia. That last part of the plan fails, and that would make <em>her</em> collateral damage death really fascinating.</p><p></p><p>Claudia's death has been suggested several times, but we'd only get a tear from Krystle and after that she'd never be mentioned again (as it happened after season 6!) it simply would not improve anything.</p><p>The massacre didn't need a higher kill count, it needed a REASON and that reason should <strong><u>not</u></strong> be Yuri.</p><p></p><p>Additonally, I'd introduce Dominique and Peter De Vilbis as the glamorous Euro-scammers who are planning to confront Blake Carrington with something-something.</p><p>Ironically, they survive the coup because they are banned from the wedding ceremony, which allows them to cross over to season 6 and assist Alexis in plotting the financial downfall of the Denver-Carrington tycoon.</p><p>Unbeknownst to Alexis, the wicked couple are going to be killed in a hit-and-run accident caused by Caress.</p><p>Et cetera, et cetera.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Willie Oleson, post: 444459, member: 8"] I think this is the first time someone brings up the topic of "violence on TV" in connection with DYNASTY. It's never crossed my mind, to be honest. The Massacre and the UFO and Bobby Ewing Dies are all the same thing: an ambitious What-If scenario, and these cliffhangers look amazing in isolation. We can blame the lack of payoff on incompetent and careless plotting, but I think soaps were never meant to change [I]too[/I] drastically because that can only happen at the expense of something good. And if it changes too much then it's going to look like the infamous revamp or "retooling" and then we'd need to have [I]that[/I] discussion. And yet, that's exactly what the Moldavia Massacre suggested: they ALL die except for Krystle & Alexis, the weeping widows of Scorpio Peak (to make a [I]Dark Shadows[/I] allegory). The best fanfic suggestion I've read on this forum is the death of Krystle played by Rita, but that means that Sammy Jo's scheme needed to happen in season 5, which places Rock Hudson's guest-star appearance in season 4. Because that's how it works: you change one thing you change everything. I think it's possible to scrap some season 5 stuff and replace it with Rita & Joel. [S]I'm your half-sister and that's very interesting because I say so Lady Ashley's not-so impressive attempt to shake up the status quo Indiana Jeff[/S] Wow, that was easy. Alternatively, instead of building everything around the Massacre cliffhanger just to make that satisfying aftermath possible, they could have ended the season [I][B]without[/B][/I] the massacre cliffhanger. But would you sacrifice this jaw-dropping cliffhanger in order to avoid the awkward, no-win aftermath? Would you like to UNSEE it? Amanda's love affair with some vague European prince is fine [ATTACH type="full"]59640[/ATTACH] but it was a mistake to expand them to an outer-Denver reality. It's not real Dynasty, it's not relevant, nobody cares. [U]Unless[/U] it was the result of a Denver scheme, similar to the Asian revolution that was orchestrated in JR Ewing's office. It goes without saying that the sappy love life of a new Dynasty character cannot be considered an "intriguing scheme" that crosses over to the Moldavia universe. 1. Target. The Bank of Moldavia? Yeah, that could work. 2. Who wants it, and why? What if Matthew Blaisdel's mercenary gang (and he had experience dealing with rebellious people, as we saw in season 1) were hired to carry out the assassination, but with the ulterior double-crossing motive that the Royal chaos would make it easier for him and his gang to rob that "famous" bank, including the most precious Crown jewelry collection in the world? (Catwoman would love this!) Police and military would be needed at the Palace to deal with the revolution and the possible death of many people. To make it more "Denver" since Matthew Blaisdel had not been seen since the end of season 1, what if he had contacted Claudia and promised her to fix everything. He and Claudia and Lindsay would be living in Blake's mansion the way it was always meant to be, "but I need your help to make it happen". And so it's Claudia who has to do all the lobbying and manipulating to make Amanda accept the Prince's proposal - and then later come up with an excuse why she wouldn't join the Carringtons in Moldavia. That last part of the plan fails, and that would make [I]her[/I] collateral damage death really fascinating. Claudia's death has been suggested several times, but we'd only get a tear from Krystle and after that she'd never be mentioned again (as it happened after season 6!) it simply would not improve anything. The massacre didn't need a higher kill count, it needed a REASON and that reason should [B][U]not[/U][/B] be Yuri. Additonally, I'd introduce Dominique and Peter De Vilbis as the glamorous Euro-scammers who are planning to confront Blake Carrington with something-something. Ironically, they survive the coup because they are banned from the wedding ceremony, which allows them to cross over to season 6 and assist Alexis in plotting the financial downfall of the Denver-Carrington tycoon. Unbeknownst to Alexis, the wicked couple are going to be killed in a hit-and-run accident caused by Caress. Et cetera, et cetera. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
Dynasty
What did you guys think of the Moldavia Massacre?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top