Menu
Forums
New posts
What's new
New posts
Latest activity
Awards
Log in
Register
What's new
New posts
Menu
Log in
Register
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Who do you think started the fire?
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an
alternative browser
.
Reply to thread
Message
<blockquote data-quote="Zable" data-source="post: 120403" data-attributes="member: 47"><p>Cherry picking ideas from Soapchat is what I truly believe they have done. Matt highlighted this in another thread on this forum. I’d like to add, another example is the <strong>A Well-Dressed Tarantula </strong>episode. Unlike almost all the others, this was not linked to a line from O.Dynasty but to what Cristal said to the dude she thought she’d killed, Alejandro Silva. This was the 10th episode of the series, and it aired Jan 17th this year. (Disclaimer: I’ve not watched it in full, just read about it elsewhere off Soapchat & seen a couple of clips.)</p><p></p><p>What’s in a name…. Around Jan 1st, I mentioned Ricardo Montalban’s grandson, Alexander, on The Colbys forum. His is the anglicised name for Alejandro. Separately, Don Montalban had starred in the movie, <strong>Border Incident</strong>, which featured an evil <em>bracero</em> broker, Owen Parkson, who led an organised group preying on Mexicans/South Americans wanting to work in America. The Parkson character was played by Howard de Silva. Far-fetched coincidence? Might look that way since Caress, Venezuela, murder and revenge were the legitimate family tie-ins.</p><p></p><p>Fallon’s gold theme for her birthday party alluded to her Midas Touch. I don’t know what the O.Dynasty link is, but on The Colbys, Zack (Ricardo Montalban) told Jason at Sable’s party that Jason had the Midas Touch. The two men sparred obliquely over business (using dance forms as metaphors).</p><p></p><p>Like Fallon subsequently, Pablo, Mr Montalban’s character in Border Incident, was taken hostage. Both stories feature betrayal and team work, not to mention mob-style business.</p><p></p><p>I raised my eyebrows when Ep 10’s title was announced back in November. A month earlier, I’d listed my so-called ‘top’ 10 Colin Firth movies in no particular order on Soapchat. #7 was <strong>Trauma</strong>. All I said then about this movie was that it featured a female tarantula that the cast had named Colin.</p><p></p><p>Set aside the thought that Mr Firth has long been regarded as well-dressed in public, wearing suits daily…. If you take a look at Trauma, you’ll see that it features black actors. In the movie, Mr Firth’s character, Ben, wakes up from a coma after a car accident and is traumatized that his wife died in it. He’d been driving and they’d been rowing. He tries to find peace of mind moving on but he’s all messed up.</p><p></p><p>Like Steven in A Well Dressed Tarantula, Ben gets lots of advice on how to recover; but relationship issues don’t leave him alone. One scene, a black woman with wet hair kisses him on the back of the neck. In another he feeds a white woman something. In A Well Dressed Tarantula, Monica & Michael kiss, then she goes to her car and gets wet by the sprinklers. Blake eats dessert and he feeds Cristal a piece, which she helps him put in her mouth. Want more parallels?</p><p></p><p>Also in the episode, Anders says: “Especially after he discovers his wife’s a congenital liar, and murderer.” If you’ve watched Trauma, you’ll know what the movie’s kicker is. Some scenes from it, without dialogue:</p><p style="margin-left: 20px"><p style="margin-left: 20px">[MEDIA=youtube]xGZZ17qgVzk[/MEDIA]</p> </p><p></p><p>Mid-January, you (Willie) and I were discussing Diego and <strong>Gran Hotel</strong>, where among other things, one of the leads ended up in an open grave during a fight. (Something about Sammy Jo in the more recent episodes even reminds me of Alfredo, mixed in with a little Javier, but that might be my imagination running wild.)</p><p></p><p>It’s simply not just us who should be demanding a special credit or YouTube thank you.</p><p></p><p>I wonder why original ideas are so hard to be had by professional scriptwriters/story tellers? It's been too convenient to anticipate others' lack of knowledge. If there’s one wish I have for the answer to who started the fire, it’s that we see more authentically original material (not just creative reimaginings) from here on out on cwDynasty.</p></blockquote><p></p>
[QUOTE="Zable, post: 120403, member: 47"] Cherry picking ideas from Soapchat is what I truly believe they have done. Matt highlighted this in another thread on this forum. I’d like to add, another example is the [B]A Well-Dressed Tarantula [/B]episode. Unlike almost all the others, this was not linked to a line from O.Dynasty but to what Cristal said to the dude she thought she’d killed, Alejandro Silva. This was the 10th episode of the series, and it aired Jan 17th this year. (Disclaimer: I’ve not watched it in full, just read about it elsewhere off Soapchat & seen a couple of clips.) What’s in a name…. Around Jan 1st, I mentioned Ricardo Montalban’s grandson, Alexander, on The Colbys forum. His is the anglicised name for Alejandro. Separately, Don Montalban had starred in the movie, [B]Border Incident[/B], which featured an evil [I]bracero[/I] broker, Owen Parkson, who led an organised group preying on Mexicans/South Americans wanting to work in America. The Parkson character was played by Howard de Silva. Far-fetched coincidence? Might look that way since Caress, Venezuela, murder and revenge were the legitimate family tie-ins. Fallon’s gold theme for her birthday party alluded to her Midas Touch. I don’t know what the O.Dynasty link is, but on The Colbys, Zack (Ricardo Montalban) told Jason at Sable’s party that Jason had the Midas Touch. The two men sparred obliquely over business (using dance forms as metaphors). Like Fallon subsequently, Pablo, Mr Montalban’s character in Border Incident, was taken hostage. Both stories feature betrayal and team work, not to mention mob-style business. I raised my eyebrows when Ep 10’s title was announced back in November. A month earlier, I’d listed my so-called ‘top’ 10 Colin Firth movies in no particular order on Soapchat. #7 was [B]Trauma[/B]. All I said then about this movie was that it featured a female tarantula that the cast had named Colin. Set aside the thought that Mr Firth has long been regarded as well-dressed in public, wearing suits daily…. If you take a look at Trauma, you’ll see that it features black actors. In the movie, Mr Firth’s character, Ben, wakes up from a coma after a car accident and is traumatized that his wife died in it. He’d been driving and they’d been rowing. He tries to find peace of mind moving on but he’s all messed up. Like Steven in A Well Dressed Tarantula, Ben gets lots of advice on how to recover; but relationship issues don’t leave him alone. One scene, a black woman with wet hair kisses him on the back of the neck. In another he feeds a white woman something. In A Well Dressed Tarantula, Monica & Michael kiss, then she goes to her car and gets wet by the sprinklers. Blake eats dessert and he feeds Cristal a piece, which she helps him put in her mouth. Want more parallels? Also in the episode, Anders says: “Especially after he discovers his wife’s a congenital liar, and murderer.” If you’ve watched Trauma, you’ll know what the movie’s kicker is. Some scenes from it, without dialogue: [INDENT][INDENT][MEDIA=youtube]xGZZ17qgVzk[/MEDIA][/INDENT][/INDENT] Mid-January, you (Willie) and I were discussing Diego and [B]Gran Hotel[/B], where among other things, one of the leads ended up in an open grave during a fight. (Something about Sammy Jo in the more recent episodes even reminds me of Alfredo, mixed in with a little Javier, but that might be my imagination running wild.) It’s simply not just us who should be demanding a special credit or YouTube thank you. I wonder why original ideas are so hard to be had by professional scriptwriters/story tellers? It's been too convenient to anticipate others' lack of knowledge. If there’s one wish I have for the answer to who started the fire, it’s that we see more authentically original material (not just creative reimaginings) from here on out on cwDynasty. [/QUOTE]
Insert quotes…
Verification
Who played Sue Ellen in Dallas?
Post reply
Forums
Dynasty
CW Dynasty
Who do you think started the fire?
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Accept
Learn more…
Top