2 April...1978...The Legend begins. Dallas celebrates 41 years!

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
2 April, 1978. The Legend begins. Many of our lives would be seriously affected as a result.

I am of course talking about one of the first loves of my life - DALLAS, which premiered 41 years ago on that very date.

And here we are still discussing it, loving and keeping the memory alive.

I hope we will do so for many years to come.

Thank you to the stars who brought it to life for us, to my friends who I talk about it with, and to those who have in their own way helped me achieve my Dallas dreams!

Here's to our special world. Dallas. I love you!

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
September 12, 2001 (poster formerly known as Pam's Twin Sister)
41 years already! It seems like yesterday when I watched the Pilot with my parents...So many memories I can´t single one out. Let´s the show´s images speak by themselves and see these videos I made for its 35th and 40th anniversaries!!

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

With big thanks to Supersoaps.

The title sequence which launched over a decade of back stabbing, sex & drama!

The world would've been a poorer place without Dallas. What a magnificent show it was, tearing at our heart strings & making us love the cast of characters who starred in it. All I can say is Happy Anniversary to Dallas. :)

Rest In Peace Barbara Bel Geddes, Jim Davis, Howard Keel, Dack Rambo & Larry Hagman. We all love you very much. :love2:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs

With big thanks to Supersoaps.

The title sequence which launched over a decade of back stabbing, sex & drama!

The world would've been a poorer place without Dallas. What a magnificent show it was, tearing at our heart strings & making us love the cast of characters who starred in it. All I can say is Happy Anniversary to Dallas. :)

Rest In Peace Barbara Bel Geddes, Jim Davis, Howard Keel, Dack Rambo & Larry Hagman. We all love you very much. :love2:

MY HEART!!!!! :love6:

Frank Underwood

Telly Talk Winner
LV

Reaction score
Awards
These two are my world :love2: I will never ever tire of them and I will be forever grateful to Linda and Larry for the magic they created. I'm so lucky to have met them both. What are your own special memories?

Without a doubt, my favorite memory is staying at the Southfork hotel and visiting the ranch back in 2006. It also marked the first (and only) time I'd ever been on an airplane. I must have walked every square inch of those grounds, I walked through the barns, I got to sit on the rear balcony, and I even had my picture taken in the room JR died in on TNT's Dallas (the ugly red wallpaper was still there seven years later.) I even dipped my arm in the pool. I think one of the biggest thrills was actually walking up the driveway to the gate where all of those establishing shots took place of the Ewings driving up to the house. My dad took me on the trip, and when we approached the front of the house, the first thing he said was "That's where Sue Ellen and Mickey flipped!" So needless to say, he was excited too. He also asked the tour guide what all of those people were doing at our house, and the guide said "You mean you didn't invite them?" LOL, it was so much fun. I also got some great memorabilia in the form of a shirt, a book, and a key chain. The entire trip was a blast.

It's funny thinking back to when I first discovered the reruns on TNN back in 1996. I was 13 at the time, and I'd seen the commercials leading up to it. I thought it was going to be boring. I was a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan, and I thought Dallas would end up replacing the Dukes on the network (it didn't, though.) One night I was flipping through the channels, and Winds of Vengeance was on. I knew Larry from I Dream Jeannie and Patrick from Step by Step, so I gave it a chance. It gripped me from the start, and I'm still a huge fan 23 years later.

Last edited:

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
My most important piece of Dallas memorabilia other than the DVD boxsets is this.

DallasJR&SueEllen.JPG

The picture is signed by Linda Gray & the $10,000 bill is signed by Larry Hagman, may he rest in peace.

I love them both very much. :)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
My most important piece of Dallas memorabilia other than the DVD boxsets is this.

View attachment 15744

The picture is signed by Linda Gray & the $10,000 bill is signed by Larry Hagman, may he rest in peace.

I love them both very much. :)

They are very easy to love aren't they???? :love4: I love you @Via The Void :love6:

I declare today, National Dallas Lovefest Day!

Luke_Krebbs_Ewing

Telly Talk Champion
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
They are very easy to love aren't they???? :love4: I love you @Via The Void :love6:

I declare today, National Dallas Lovefest Day!

The original premise of the show was supposed to be centred around Bobby Ewing, Patrick Duffy & Pamela Barnes Ewing, Victoria Principal.

However such was the great performances by Larry Hagman that the focus of the show shifted to the JR Ewing character & of course his long suffering wife, Sue Ellen Ewing. Duffy & Principal of course were not forgotten, as their characters were integral to the Barnes Ewing feud which was the corner stone of the show's storylines. With these four actors in place, Dallas quickly became must see television. Only blighted when Principal decided to leave after seven years in the role as Pam Ewing.

Dallas is probably the most successful drama series worldwide & that catchy theme music, composed by Jerrold Immel makes the show even more iconic. Can I once again say Happy Anniversary Dallas, on this day which is National Dallas Lovefest Day. :love2:

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
The original premise of the show was supposed to be centred around Bobby Ewing, Patrick Duffy & Pamela Barnes Ewing, Victoria Principal.

However such was the great performances by Larry Hagman that the focus of the show shifted to the JR Ewing character & of course his long suffering wife, Sue Ellen Ewing. Duffy & Principal of course were not forgotten, as their characters were integral to the Barnes Ewing feud which was the corner stone of the show's storylines. With these four actors in place, Dallas quickly became must see television. Only blighted when Principal decided to leave after seven years in the role as Pam Ewing.

Dallas is probably the most successful drama series worldwide & that catchy theme music, composed by Jerrold Immel makes the show even more iconic. Can I once again say Happy Anniversary Dallas, on this day which is National Dallas Lovefest Day. :love2:

Yay! I second this. Just the best series in universe. That core cast were just - dynamite :)

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
upload_2019-4-1_22-45-10.png

When worlds collide...Moi on my way to meet the Fab Five in France in 2007...
(I was a real cutie back then, wasn´t I...)

Sarah

Super Moderator
Staff Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Silence of the Lambs
Happy Birthday my Darling. Love you so much :) My life would not be the same without you Dallas :love6:

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
upload_2019-4-2_12-40-46.png

Every time I get into my house and took my keys,
here is the man in his Stetson...my biggest homage!​

Toni

Maximum Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
A few more videos to celebrate the 41st anniversary of "Dienast...", I mean, "Dallas".

K

Karin Schill

Happy Anniversary Dallas! :ck:

I've updated one of my first JR & Sue Ellen music videos for the occasion. I had actually planned to have this posted last year for the 40th Anniversary but then I went to Dallas for the event and didn't have the time to have it posted. So I'll post it this year instead. Enjoy! :)

Love that photo of you @Toni
I remember seeing those posters as a friend and I were approaching Mirande back in 2007. I didn't have my picture taken with it like you did but I did stop to have it photographed. I couldn't believe my eyes that Dallas was still that popular in France. It's on such occasions that it's really great being a Dallas fan. :gotcha: