Coronation Street Corrie

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I'm looking forward to putting my feet up this Friday night and watching Corrie. Having a night in. :) Shall we take a forum bet?
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
I'm looking forward to putting my feet up this Friday night and watching Corrie

I always watched Corrie, 2 and 3 days after it's aired, but it's been so good lately, that now I watch it on the same night and totally enjoy what's going on.


Shall we take a forum bet?


Are you talking about Ken's pusher? I don't think that comes out until next week, but if you are, my bet is now on Sinead, though I hope it's Chloe.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Yes - I will be pleased if it's Sinead. It's a bit obvious to me that it's Chloe because she's nasty. For it to be Sinead would be so much more interesting.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
For it to be Sinead would be so much more interesting.
Yes, you have a point. Chloe is much a non entity, if it turns out to be Sinead, it;s going to put a whole new spin on things. Like how ken will be with Daniel, or even how Daniel would be with Sinead.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
It was just what she said in the Rovers about being forced to have an abortion....got me thinking.
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
41
Did anyone see Sean Wilson, Scott Wright and Steven Arnold on celebrity eggheads this week

Was actually nice to see Ashley peacock and Martin platt again - i dont think Weatherfield gen ever recovered from his absence!!
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Coronation Street star Claire King is waving goodbye to the cobbles after nearly three years as Erica Holroyd.

The soap favourite, also still fondly remembered for her role as Emmerdale's Kim Tate, will bow out on screen in August.

Claire is leaving Corrie of her own accord to concentrate on other projects and show bosses are currently keeping tight-lipped about how they'll write Erica out, although it's thought that she won't be killed off.




landscape-soaps-coronation-street-w45-e8768-03.jpg





I can understand why she quit the show, they hardly gave her anything to work with. I've been disappointed by how they brought in a well known soap actress and basically made a background character.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Thank God. The name Erica doesn't resonate well with me (for reasons personal) and I think her character is awful.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
The scenes in the Platt household were brilliant on Friday night and as much as they were haunting to watch, I love how David can still get in little witty remarks on how dysfunctional his family really is. My heart went out to Bethany who obviously realises she's trapped in Nathan's world and still fights against her mum to protect that dark secret she's harbouring.

Nick continues to annoy the hell out of me and I loved it when Toyah threw the bullying remark at him. Watching a strong determined woman like Leanne fall at the hands of this manipulating runt just proves how rotten he is inside.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I hate Leanne - right @Mo Mouse - she has always annoyed the hell out of me with her stomping about.

Feel for Bethany but am now totally creeped out by that policeman. He slept with her too didn't he?? It's sickening.
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
41
Corries getting a bit racy with the grooming storyline and showing it before the water shed

I just keep wondering why Bethany has a Myra Hindley bad hair dye job, its a dreadful colour

im afraid Sally and the sister storyline isnt doing it for me, neither is Daniel and Sinead (i cant pronounce my vowels properly) but i was in tears at the Mary and Norris conversation last night, totally warm and touching

Thats the Corrie i like, none of the incredulous bundling someone in the boot of a car nonsense
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
Yes not a fan of the Gina storyline either. Mary and Norris were lovely - when he said she was his best friend aw.......never thought he'd say anything like that.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
She's not really doing anything though...

But... but... She's only just come back into the show.


I'm enjoying how loud she is and how she's treating Sally like a best mate, even though they haven't been in touch for years. I love that she got Sally to wear matching earrings.

I mean has it been revealed who the stalker is?

The story so far is that she is the stalker, based on the comments of Leah the stepdaughter. I'm undecided because Gina has no recollection of doing it. The girls still think it's Gina, but I'm wondering if it's Leah who is just using Gina's mental illness as a cover to keep the blame from herself.
 
Top