Coronation Street Corrie

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Last night's episode was really tough to watch. I wasn't expecting to be moved as much as I was, but Marsh totally blew it away, I also liked the added scenes with Liz & Leanne trying to process what was happening.

Shame they had to have Phelan & Andy in another ridiculous story.
 

Barbara On A Broomstick

Admin
LV
16
 
Awards
39
Very moving last night although i did turn the sound down
Screeching and giving birth on TV dont do it for me.

Her acting was great and I think she nailed it as it must have been difficult to relive
(Bitlike Momma/Miss Ellie reliving the whole breast cancer/mastectomy scenes in Dallas)
Kudos to both Actors involved

Sadly we still have Sinead, Rana and co to contend with!! And the Andy Phelan story is pretty unbelievable zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS Im still fascinated by
A Liz's hair
B - her face and whats has she done to it!!??
 

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Had to laugh at Gemma, I could just picture her on top of the bus shelter.

Wish I had been on the number 143 bus.
e7001270.gif
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Phelan and Andy, just plain silly now


Such a shame that they put this story in the middle of Michelle & Steve's.

I really felt for Michelle and coming out of the ward through the maternity was hard and must have brought back so many horrible memories from viewers that have experienced something similar. They had to push it one step further and have Michelle arrive home just as Leanne was walking past the pub. There really wasn't any need for that scene, it was already very emotional.
 

LouiseP

Telly Talk Active Member
LV
0
 
Awards
2
WHY does Leanne have to hold her stomach in every scene? That is unnecessary too. We know she is pregnant without that and without the John Wayne walk which she is still doing

As for Phelan ….oh so, so boring now. We get it, you are a baddie …………
 

Walford Boy

Telly Talk Addict
LV
0
 
Awards
5
Taking Kim Marsh out of the equation, there is an odd vibe about Coronation Street at the moment, looking at the ratings they are in rude health and the top soap, but as for the health of the show it is a very different story. Sad to see this much loved and cherished show in such a bad state, if this was an animal the RSPCA would put it down out of kindness to it owners (the viewers.)

Coronation Street at one time was the bench mark others tried to reach, now its the bench mark to avoid.
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
I thought Michelle was brilliant but I wasn't at all convinced by Steve's performance. That bloomin expression is always the same. He didn't come across as a devastated father.

nintchdbpict000186372591-e1473875563413.jpg
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
That was a very odd opening sequence tonight!

Sinead is going to get together with that Baldwin guy. Nick is really starting to grate on me.
 
Last edited:

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
I thought this show was going to improve under Kate Oates.


Kevin hates Pat with a passion, yet he sat next to him in the Bistro blissfully unaware that Pat was spiking his drink.

Pat them offers to take Kevin home and Kevin seems absolutely fine with leaning on Pat. When you hate someone as much as Kevin does and you're drunk, doesn't that hatred usually turn up a few notches?

Pat tells Andy to burn down the garage, Andy watches at put Kevin in the garage, and Andy is still fine with bring the place down. In comes Tyrone and co who find Kevin drunk in the car, Kevin actually remembers that he's angry with Tyrone so he continues to be Mr Nasty.

Andy continues to burn the garage down and when everyone realises what's happening, Kevin is stood on the street looking on? When did he get out of the car and the garage?

Who's keys did Andy drop that ended up in the fire? I thought they were his own and this was going to be the evidence, then when we see Andy again he is in the flat, so he must have two sets of keys, ah but then I'm reminded that Pat just walked into the flat earlier that day so it probably doesn't have a door.

I'm getting tired of Pat turning up every time Andy or Steph are on the street


Then there's Michelle who won't come downstairs, but does come down at the right time to hear Steve in the room with Tim & Sally. Then Michelle just happens to be looking out of the window as Steve hits Nick.

It's getting worse than what it was.
 

Ome

Admin Emeritus
LV
14
 
Awards
32
Did I hear right on last night's episode, has the gym shut down for good?


The story as far as I know or remember was Alya blackmailed Sharif into giving her £14000 to pay for a machine.

Sharif took the money from petty cash because it was quicker that taking it out of his savings. This was later confirmed by Yasmeen who said they had enough in their savings account to cover what he had borrowed.

So how does £14000 get a business closed down?
 

Sarah

Moderator Emerita
LV
5
 
Awards
15
The sex with Sally must be good - don't know how Tim sticks her otherwise!! lol @Mo Mouse

You're right about the gym @Ome - there's a few things that are very unbelievable at the minute. I can't believe Steph just keeps forgiving gormless Andy with everything he does.
 
Top