Grande Dame Guignol

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
Some actors deserve to be mauled to death by a stuffed great dane, even if only on screen. I would lump Peter Lawford into that group.

I might watch more of his movies if I was guaranteed he always met such a comic-gruesome fate.

Somehow, Lawford is never really Lawford without his '70s salt-and-pepper shag hairdo.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
what's that for Straight Jacket (1964) ? which is one of my favorites of hers, it's sad that she hated this point in her career but some of them are pretty damn good but not all of them were of course.
 

DallasFanForever

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
5
 
Awards
17
what's that for Straight Jacket (1964) ? which is one of my favorites of hers, it's sad that she hated this point in her career but some of them are pretty damn good but not all of them were of course.
Yes that is for Strait Jacket. I thought she was perfectly cast in that role too. I think it’s a better movie than it gets credit for to be honest.
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i agree too there's a lot of her movies going back to the silents i still need to watch but i'd say her worst that i can think of anyways is Montana Moon (1930) that's i think her worst film that i've seen thus far
 

darkshadows38

Telly Talk Star
LV
1
 
Awards
7
i love William Castle's films but his worst one is called Macabre (1958) WOW was that one a piece of shit WOW was it bad. for years it was hard as hell to find and i think they have since after so many years put it on dvd though or was it bluray? i forget which.
 

Snarky Oracle!

Telly Talk Supreme
LV
8
 
Awards
21
I decided to venture out today for an early dinner -- an overproced steak, broccoli, mushrooms, and a cocktail. And wore my only unwrinkled top, a black T-shirt with Joan Crawford with an axe.

Nobody cared, nobody noticed. So I think society has become too jaded.

1629663070074.png
 

Crimson

Telly Talk Enthusiast
LV
2
 
Awards
9
I decided to venture out today for an early dinner -- an overproced steak, broccoli, mushrooms, and a cocktail. And wore my only unwrinkled top, a black T-shirt with Joan Crawford with an axe.

Nobody cared, nobody noticed. So I think society has become too jaded.

Practically formal wear in 2021. You probably could have gone dressed as Joan and not raised any eyebrows.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
I think this is something @Snarky Oracle and @Crimson would enjoy.

Who Killed Teddy Bear, The Killing Kind and now this one. I'm beginning to see a pattern here.
HUNKSPLOITATION only really works with older females because if these hunks are paired with young, beautiful actresses then the female eroticism would become dominant by default.
Because it's not "possible" to view the male part of the erotic story as more desirable.
I guess it can be equal when it's told from the female character's point of view, for example Lady Chatterley's Lover (also starring the beautiful Nicholas Clay), but the female character is still the main attraction.

But in hagsploitation movies it doesn't matter if the male beauty is a dangerous, evil, vile, cunning, murderous monsters. We still love them. We even feel sorry for them because their divine beauty is tarnished by an evil soul - or do we, like the wicked horny hags, consider that leverage?
OMG, how fekking twisted does it need to get before they're going to put me a-way.

Monsters.
 

Willie Oleson

Telly Talk Schemer
LV
9
 
Awards
27
But in hagsploitation movies it doesn't matter if the male beauty is a dangerous, evil, vile, cunning, murderous monsters. We still love them. We even feel sorry for them because their divine beauty is tarnished by an evil soul - or do we, like the wicked horny hags, consider that leverage?
Yes, I'm fascinated by darkness and perversion, not because I feel it should exist but simply because it does exist. It's such an intriguing part of the human complexity.
And that's why I find it so typical that I should stumble across this THE NIGHT DIGGER (aka THE ROAD BUILDER) review because the reviewer himself perfectly juxtaposes all that hot and dirty wickedness.
The review is kinda bad, well, very bad actually, and at some point I thought he was going to fall asleep.
But what made it all so spellbinding was the incredibly positive vibe I got from this guy. There's a tenderness and innocence about his appearance that almost seems surreal, and then it even becomes attractive.
If I had watched this review right after the sexy evil movie it would have felt like the ending of Fire Walk With Me. Like being in a David Lynch movie.

Before I forget, here's the link:
The Eccentric Owl review #50: The Night Digger - YouTube

Btw, why is youtube being taken over by people with Irish or Irish-ish accents? Does that mean something, is it a message of sorts?
Was Susan Sullivan wrong when she said in an interview that I have actually watched myself that she wasn't a fan of Irish men? Even though her character on Falcon Crest was one of the few characters who wasn't affected by the sitcom schlock? Somehow this doesn't add up, I need to dig a little deeper before I post my explanation video. After all, this is the age of information, don't you agree?
 
Top