Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
ANGELA
My mother, Lily Travers. The only Creole woman in history who didn't know how to cook.
But she knew how to flirt.
VICKIE
Did that bother you?
ANGELA

Endlessly. It bothered my father, too — but he had it coming.
According to the German club https://falconcrest.org/english/master.php?path=show/episodes/ai/bts/8/gi
Actress LILLIAN GISH (1893 - 1993) was rumored to have been approached by the producers for a special guest appearance to play Angela's mother. While Lily Travers was referenced in dialogue for the first time in her grave de ella was first shown in # 147 6-20 and continually featured in all later scenes at the Gioberti Family Cemetery.
It has not been determined yet if the season 8 producing staff had simply overlooked this fact or if they had plans or rewrite the show's history with the possible explanation that Lily was just presumed dead. The first draft of CAMiLlE MARCHETTA's season 8 bible, however, did not mention a single word about any storyline for Lily.
She would have given a lot of play. When the series began filming, it was thought that Jason was not Jasper's son. Or maybe Angela wasn't a Gioberti. Lily's daughter, Angela's stepsister
1711451048104.jpeg

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
She played the role of Angela Channing's mother, whom many believed lost. Suddenly she appears again and then all the family members get a good scare, especially Angela who believed her mother had been dead for some time. some years. It won't take long for tensions to appear, because Angela will see how everything she owned still belongs to her mother, which causes her great displeasure.
It would have been the legendary silent film star's first TV appearance.
Filerman got Lana Turner but not Liliam. Also a good friend of Jane Wyman.
What a pity
1711451562236.jpeg

Last edited:

Jock Og

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Reaction score
Awards
No I don't believe Angela's mother turning up in season 8 would have worked or at any time for that matter, as sensationalist as it would have been. In any event we didn't get any power struggle over the mansion/business between Melissa and Angela so while Lily rocking up would definitely have ruffled her daughter's feathers; that's as far as it would have went, plot wise. Nothing really would've come from her limited presence and at 95 years old what real threat could she have posed?

Given what Angela said to Vicki in the cemetery (6th season) the 'poor old girl' would likely have passed away sadly looking at Angela's ledgers, in the study. Joanne Brough, Camille Marchetta, Mike Filerman and Phil Parslow were right to leave the plot on the grapevine, ratings grabber and publicity aside.

Lillian (R.I.P.) and Oscar: "Where art thou Oscar?"

The filming of 'Stormy Weather' is taking place. The cast and crew are getting tired as well as frustrated because the rain machines are not operating properly. Jane Wyman and Jeff Freilich are conversing, at a corner of the set.

Some of the cast are unhappy about the late hour and that they already had plans for the evening. Jane then walked towards the middle of the set, to command everyone's attention. She pointed to Jeff Freilich and said, ('behind the scenes' from season 7, 1987 - '88):

"I have worked with the best; Hitchcock, Sirk, Wise, Capra, Curtiz.....but none of them worked harder than this man. He's killing himself to make this show better, make it a hit again. If I can be standing here at this hour, you can be standing here too!"

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
OK in the season eight bible there is no mention of Lily Travers..
The idea was good to lock all the protagonists in Falcon Crest but in my opinion the script was bad.
A kind of nonsensical Cluedo. And spending money because rain machines would be expensive.
From what I read, the one who complained the most was David, I guess he wouldn't like Howard Larkin's script.

Last edited:

Falcon Crest I

Telly Talk Well-Known Member
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My word Jane Wyman was 72 years old in January 1989 and Lillian 23 years more.

I never heard of Lillian possibly joining season 8 but what a turn up for the books an appearance from her would have been.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
Jane was a disciplined actress but a very bad patient. She ate very little and smoked a lot.
Which I guess she didn't help him control his diabetes.
She was very thin

Angela Channing

World Cup of Soaps Moderator
LV

Reaction score
Awards
My mother, Lily Travers. The only Creole woman in history who didn't know how to cook.
Where is this dialogue from?

Actress LILLIAN GISH (1893 - 1993) was rumored to have been approached by the producers for a special guest appearance to play Angela's mother.
Because how did they expect the totally white Lillian Gish to play a "creole" character?

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot

Because how did they expect the totally white Lillian Gish to play a "creole" character?
Diañogue 6-20
The word Creole. Criolla in Spanish comes from Portuguese. And it was used by the French, Spanish and Portuguese to refer to the descendants of the Europeans who lived in America. Louisiana was a French colony.
Josephine, Napoleon's wife, was a Creole of Martinica
The Creole stereotype was very sexual women and good cooks due to their French origin. According to the Bible, Lilly's father was a French doctor of Creole origin who bought land in Tuscany.

Last edited:

TJP

Telly Talk Addict
LV

Solutions
Reaction score
Awards
# 147 <6.21>, as Richard Denault correctly stated. Angela mentioned it only once in her chat with Vickie at the Gioberti Family Cemetery. Creole people are not necessarily people of color, but various ethnic groups formed during the European colonial era. Lily Travers' character bio (which was only part of the earliest bible versions, but never made it to any scene) stated that she was the daughter of a French Creole doctor. When Jeff Freilich and Joanne Brough devised season 6, they put in some of Earl's original ideas for "The Vintage Years" and season 1 now and then to add a few hints on the characters' history.

Richard Denault

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Favourite Movie
Camelot
111 For Love or Money
What happened to Lily left her husband. And because her grave is in a Gioberti ceremony
Chase hears some letters from his father and reads them.
CHASE
Listen to this: 'Even as a child, Angela ruled as if by Divine Right. She didn't play games with the boy. 'She directed play.'
COLE
The boy He must mean himself.
CHASE
'There were two games only. Grape-growing and Wine-making. The boy began to hate them both at an early age. ' '
Why wouldn't he say 'I' and 'me' --

Maggie flips back through pages she's reading,
MAGGIE
He didn't feel part of the family. 'Queen Angela inherited the absent mother's place of ella at the table and occupied her father's full attention of her

CHASE
Her father's-
MAGGIE

'The boy filled his thoughts with the secret walks he would take --and with fishing. And he would think, too, of Elizabeth Bradbury,'

Last edited:

Chloe-Fusco

Telly Talk Fan
LV

Reaction score
Awards
Ah no such a move would have been way OTT but Melissa's mother should have been in the show, towards the end. I would have accepted such a return, if written well.