Locations

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
here's an obscure location (early-season, so I presume in Dallas) - this would be a seriously hard one to find, I think, unless someone's actually gone there and remembers the place from real life.

T08krFM.png
d4xjDSm.png


JR was unimpressed by Alan's burger, but I think it looks pretty tasty!
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
here's an obscure location (early-season, so I presume in Dallas) - this would be a seriously hard one to find, I think, unless someone's actually gone there and remembers the place from real life.

Yeah...Dallas and LA are pretty big places. Not much to key off of.
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
turns out the glamorous Westerner Motel from Winds Of Vengeance wasn't actually in Waco... It's been renovated a couple of times and renamed, but it's still there! Wonder what ol' Wanda and Mary Lou are up to these days.

Wow...on Zang Blvd. I remember Zang when I used to work on Jefferson near Bishop back in '82, two blocks from the Texas Theatre (Oswald arrest). Google maps says it's NIELSON BEAUTY COLLEGE. It was an organ/piano retailer - GOODMAN. They also had a guitar store a few doors down on the same corner at Bishop, now called VALU+PAWN. Ate at the McD's a few blocks down a number of times.

Great find! Thanks so much! Sooooooo cool!
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Yeah...Dallas and LA are pretty big places. Not much to key off of.

yeah, I got lucky with Apex Aquariams still being in business in the same location in the earlier one with Lucy. There's still a pawn shop at the corner, but the outside of the building looks different. Julie's red file briefcase is still long gone, though!
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
if they'd shown a bit more of the sign behind Alan in the shot with the burger we'd have a chance!
I know! I think that must be a carpet sign, but that wasn’t a lot to go off of. When Pam and Cliff eat there, I think I remember seeing a gas station selling cigarettes across the street. That wasn’t enough help though! Lol.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I know! I think that must be a carpet sign, but that wasn’t a lot to go off of. When Pam and Cliff eat there, I think I remember seeing a gas station selling cigarettes across the street. That wasn’t enough help though! Lol.
oh wow, what episode did Pam and Cliff eat there in? They must have had some good burgers, as Cliff definitely knew his cheap eats!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
oh wow, what episode did Pam and Cliff eat there in? They must have had some good burgers, as Cliff definitely knew his cheap eats!
Is that the ep. where Cliff says he likes to eat among the people? It's dvd season 3, before he resigned from the OLM I think.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Found Serena's place, dvd S3 DIVORCE EWING STYLE. And it's on, where else, Canterbury...6175. The sign on the show has the name 'Canterbury' on it. The show building looks white, the current is tan/brown. The tall brown side to the right of the stairs with the tan conduit to the brown side left, and the stairs, confirm it, along with the general style.

Serenas Place.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Looks like the Ewing Condo is 6199 Canterbury. JR comes out after a short visit with a harping Kristen who's not the secretary anymore. The windows to the right, the ledge under the wndows, and the railing that can be seen on the left are there. It's not the tower shown when referring to the condo for Kristen or Lucy. This location is only a night-time street pull-away shot.

Ewing Condo.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
that sounds familiar, but I can't find it! Ah well, here's Cliff and Pam in front of the JFK museum (is that the Dealey Plaza site or something different?):

Can't tell from the pic. It doesn't match up to street view of the Dallas Museum in the old TX Book Depository now. But 40 years ago? I'd say it probably was. But can't match the angle. My guess is it's on the corner of the building at Elm and Houston. The only other museum that comes up for me is in Boston.
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Pam and Cliff eat there in S03E12 Ellie Saves the Day.

ah, thanks! I think that must be different but similar burger joint in LA, as it's past the point of the season where they move there. True to form, it looks like Cliff's eating tacos in the scene!

It looks like they 'serv' pause buttons in this screenshot, although I think it's 'U'!

Also, that gas station in the background is a Chevron, and I think in Dallas it would have been a Texaco at that point? Of course those oil giants hadn't merged yet (and were thus still smaller than Weststar! :))

I attached the closest thing I could find to a Chevron with a small food place across the street near the Canterbury apartments, but it doesn't looks like the right place. Although... it's pretty close!


For some reason I can't upload my screenshot to imgur, so I'll try just uploading here.

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 11.32.03 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 11.44.22 AM.png Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 11.44.57 AM.png
 
Last edited:

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Interesting, as in the larger bottom pic there's a garage, as there is also in the scene pic. You may have nailed it! Amazing...
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
I've been trying to find the building used for the Ewing condo for Kristen and Lucy/Mitch. I'm sure it's changed, making it that much more difficult.
 
Top