Locations

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Jenna’s house in Braddock was actually located at 301 N. Jackson in Wylie, Texas!

The place looks great! Nice covered patio also on the side rear.
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
In the first of 5 pilots (s1), Pam finds Digger to tell him of her marriage to Bobby. Not sure if it was the deli or where the building is going up. The pic shows the corner of Houston and Wood. (Make a right at the light then it's 2 blocks to Reunion Tower. 3 blocks back is Dealey Plaza.)

View attachment 16578

imagine how amazingly divey the Night Train would be by now if it had actually survived to this day without major renovation

brjlpkP.png
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
any idea on where Aunt Maggie's house might have been? (presumably where Cliff and Pam grew up) - it's from Double Wedding, which appears to have been filmed in Dallas (the Southfork scenes feature actual sunlight, etc.)

tZSwLgH.png


that episode featured another fantastic dive bar for Digger and his drinking buddies, the fabulous Kelley's Lounge, located at 907 Something-or-other Street.

QAXmhkg.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
any idea on where Aunt Maggie's house might have been? (presumably where Cliff and Pam grew up) - it's from Double Wedding, which appears to have been filmed in Dallas (the Southfork scenes feature actual sunlight, etc.)

tZSwLgH.png


that episode featured another fantastic dive bar for Digger and his drinking buddies, the fabulous Kelley's Lounge, located at 907 Something-or-other Street.

QAXmhkg.png

I agree that Aunt Maggie’s house is in the Dallas area, but I have not located it. I can never make out all of the house numbers. Can you? That would be helpful.

Kelley’s was located on Harwood Street, but has since been demolished.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Here is one from season 10...

Jenna’s house in Braddock was actually located at 301 N. Jackson in Wylie, Texas! https://goo.gl/maps/UcrhaeXTQQenZ3MW9

I’ll share some other locations in Wylie soon.

How the heck did you come up with this one?

For the Jenna character, it would've made more realistic sense to have her go back to a town house in an upscale area like she had before, vs of a detached home where she did all of the house work inside and out, with her sweaty headband and grubbies looking all worn out. I know the producers were trying to contrast the privileged life vs life on her own, but to me it was overkill.
 
Last edited:

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
In season six Ray and Donna travel to Emporia, Kansas. Wylie’s Ballard Avenue was where they made their entrance to town.
https://goo.gl/maps/qFxMTXCUSrDpJopx9

The station where Mickey worked is still on Ballard Avenue.
https://goo.gl/maps/icaRTEFvS5JULa1Y9

Just across the street was Aunt Lil’s house. Good thing Mickey didn’t have too long of a commute, but Lil should have been able to see him working from the front porch. In real life a lot of work has gone into restoring this historic home.
https://goo.gl/maps/97GWRwQj3KGPLwi19

That’s not all that was filmed in Wylie. More for next time!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
How the heck did you come up with this one?

For the Jenna character, it would've made more realistic sense to have her go back to a town house in an upscale area like she had before, vs of a detached home where she did all of the house work inside and out, with her sweaty headband and grubbies looking all worn out. I know the producers were trying to contrast the privileged life vs life on her own, but to me it was overkill.

Just looking at the house number! After a while, patterns in filming locations come up.

As for Jenna, it was a real riches to rags story! Yes, probably a little overboard. Especially when the lights kept going out!
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Still, a house# isn't much to go on. YOU ARE THE MAN!
You are too kind. I have spent *way* too much time on Google Maps, Google Earth, real estate websites (like Zillow and Realtor.com), and county appraisal websites. Yes, I have gone as far as looking up every house in a county with a particular house number until I get a match! Probably a little obsessed.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
You are too kind. I have spent *way* too much time on Google Maps, Google Earth, real estate websites (like Zillow and Realtor.com), and county appraisal websites. Yes, I have gone as far as looking up every house in a county with a particular house number until I get a match! Probably a little obsessed.
That's awesome! Yeah, nothing wrong about being passionate about something. Way to go!
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
I agree that Aunt Maggie’s house is in the Dallas area, but I have not located it. I can never make out all of the house numbers. Can you? That would be helpful.

Kelley’s was located on Harwood Street, but has since been demolished.
a 5-digit number beginning with '35'? Can't see anything else!

H5HBJiQ.png
L9eIyhR.png

eUqYN9B.png

it's not a bad neighborhood!
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Ray shows up at Donna's house as she's packing, meets Dave Culver, then Ray and Donna take off. Any idea where that house is?

I've looked around Highland Park and University Park and haven't found it.
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
Ray shows up at Donna's house as she's packing, meets Dave Culver, then Ray and Donna take off. Any idea where that house is?

I've looked around Highland Park and University Park and haven't found it.
I can’t help on this one. Sorry! Which episode?
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
It's dvd s3 episode 44: "LOVE AND MARRIAGE", at 7:25 in my old double-sided dvd set.
Found it! I had to go back to the previous season though. In the outsiders J.R. waits outside of Donna’s house and I could see 104 painted on the curb. Since this was episode 27 of season 2, and episode 15 of season 3, I started searching in California.

The home is located at 104 Fremont. It’s a gated community and there is no Google street View. However the aerial view gives you enough to go on including the neighbors’s fountain!

Also, I learned that the house has shown up in several other movies! Fun stuff.
F3E2BC41-4D98-418F-8EE1-B6887DB43BE9.png
 

johnmmil10

Telly Talk Fan
LV
0
 
Awards
1
It's dvd s3 episode 44: "LOVE AND MARRIAGE", at 7:25 in my old double-sided dvd set.

Here is an interesting tidbit. The restaurant exterior shown as the place where J.R. and Kristin are eating wasn’t in Texas or California. Where was it? Would you believe Minneapolis? Unfortunately Charlie's Cafe Exceptionale is gone now.

https://twincities.eater.com/2015/1...parted-restaurants-charlies-cafe-exceptionale

I guess they just needed stock footage of a restaurant exterior and had that one on hand.
 

Bill Dilks

Telly Talk Dream Maker
LV
0
 
Found it! I had to go back to the previous season though. In the outsiders J.R. waits outside of Donna’s house and I could see 104 painted on the curb. Since this was episode 27 of season 2, and episode 15 of season 3, I started searching in California.

The home is located at 104 Fremont. It’s a gated community and there is no Google street View. However the aerial view gives you enough to go on including the neighbors’s fountain!

Also, I learned that the house has shown up in several other movies! Fun stuff.
View attachment 16604
Beautiful! Funny, had a passing thought about that area, where a Rocky house was, across from which was Muhammad Ali's home.

And great restaurant info.!!!

Great finds! You're awesome!!!!
 
Last edited:

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
Found it! I had to go back to the previous season though. In the outsiders J.R. waits outside of Donna’s house and I could see 104 painted on the curb. Since this was episode 27 of season 2, and episode 15 of season 3, I started searching in California.

The home is located at 104 Fremont. It’s a gated community and there is no Google street View. However the aerial view gives you enough to go on including the neighbors’s fountain!

Also, I learned that the house has shown up in several other movies! Fun stuff.
View attachment 16604

wow, they really do use the same house in both seasons!

ErPIbQj.png

(Season 1 - JR stalks Donna)
9fM9ZOS.png

(season 2 - the reunion!)

They must have decided to make sure to use the same house out of respect to the late Governor Sam Culver!
 

Taylor Bennett Jr.

Telly Talk Winner
LV
5
 
Awards
12
you almost never see any chain restaurants or stores on the show, but here we see Lucy eating at a Stuckey's after stealing JR's car and running away to see her mother

4Ypv2u0.png


(it's breakfast time, presumably, so little Lucy didn't go for the Big Meal Special)
 
Top